Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 123. (Read 5805527 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Is there an API command that will get me the 5s hashrate or something similar?

I have a stack of 16 bitburner boards and occasionally one or more of them will crash and need to be rebooted. I'm looking for a way to figure out this has happened so that I can automatically power cycle and reboot the boards, but I can't find any API command that will tell me the current hashrate or even the current state of the devices. Anyone have any suggestions?

Did you look in the api-readme.txt?

Yes, of course. There is nothing in there that seems like it answers my question, unless I am missing something somewhere. I've looked at both the output from the "summary" and the "stats" commands.
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself

I have a stack of 16 bitburner boards and occasionally one or more of them will crash and need to be rebooted. I'm looking for a way to figure out this has happened so that I can automatically power cycle and reboot the boards, but I can't find any API command that will tell me the current hashrate or even the current state of the devices. Anyone have any suggestions?

Did you look in the api-readme.txt?
Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
Why ? We talk about cgminer here no ? I'm in the right place then Smiley

3.7.2 is no longer supported.  You need to Google "sgminer" - it's the cgminer fork that still does GPU mining, and I must say has quite a few improvements compared to 3.7.2 which is pretty ancient now as far as mining software goes.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
Why ? We talk about cgminer here no ? I'm in the right place then Smiley
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
There are no binaries - windows or linux - provided for any version prior to 3.8.0.

About my question just before please ckolivas ?
Off topic.
There are no binaries - windows or linux - provided for any version prior to 3.8.0.

About my question just before please ckolivas ?
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Can anyone help with the location of cgminer.exe? Why is it missing from version 3.7.2? The Readme say antivirus might block it but I have it all turned off?
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
Where can I get version 3.7.2 for my GPU?
Activity: 226
I have a questions, Is CGMINER for mac OSX the same as the miner talked about in this thread ? The reason I ask is because I want to know if there is a way to have CG miner launch my terminal window with my default terminal settings.. I apologize if this is the wrong thread . was more of a vanity question really... just got burned out on CGminer opening in a bland black on white terminal window... all my other terminal windows open with the default settings.
Yes, it is the same.  If you want a bit more control and you're fine with running the command-line version, download the miner-only version from here.  I'll see if there's anything I can do with the launcher script to conform the terminal window settings Smiley

Thank you....
Activity: 109
I have a questions, Is CGMINER for mac OSX the same as the miner talked about in this thread ? The reason I ask is because I want to know if there is a way to have CG miner launch my terminal window with my default terminal settings.. I apologize if this is the wrong thread . was more of a vanity question really... just got burned out on CGminer opening in a bland black on white terminal window... all my other terminal windows open with the default settings.
Yes, it is the same.  If you want a bit more control and you're fine with running the command-line version, download the miner-only version from here.  I'll see if there's anything I can do with the launcher script to conform the terminal window settings Smiley
Activity: 226
Hello Folks and ckolivas !

I'm getting in trouble trying to run cgminer 3.7.2 from a Debian text mode console.

I explain myself.

I used that AMD pdf to remove security using drivers from console : http://developer.amd.com/wordpress/media/2012/10/App_Note-Running_AMD_APP_Apps_Remotely.pdf

Since actions from that file are done, I'm able to launch cgminer from console... but it won't start ... if I let the console open in front of me ... If I switch back to xorg (ctrl + alt + f7), I listen my GPU fans running and mining works well.
If I turn back to my console (ctrl + alt + f2), mining hangs and fan start to decrease ...

Same happening from cgminer -n ... hangs when I got the console in front of me, and shows GPU details if I leave to xorg...

I would like to get info resolving that please.

Thanks anyway Smiley
Activity: 457
Merit: 250

I'm 100% sure cgminer has compilation instructions included in the documentation, I suggest you read them.

Thanks, I will do so and then report back

Well, I gave my best Wink

Managed to clone actual cgminer repo from github.
Did you use the Bitmaintech version of cgminer ?
https://github.com/bitmaintech/cgminer

No, I did not. This version is not actual and has poor performance (high error rate)
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

I'm 100% sure cgminer has compilation instructions included in the documentation, I suggest you read them.

Did you use the Bitmaintech version of cgminer ?
https://github.com/bitmaintech/cgminer
Activity: 3
Why remove the windows 3.7.2 download from your site?
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/

Could not find the option to enable bitmain drivers in the readme on github. Tried icarus since in the old versions bitmain was based on icaraus (if i remember correctly)

./autogensh  --enable-icarus

The compilation worked, but it was not able to detect my ants. I guess it was the wrong driver.

Then I googled around and found the following parameters:

./autogensh  --enable-bmsc --enable-bitmain

Those seem not to be valid (they are also not in the readme but I gave it a try)

Could anyone provide me the correct parameter?

Thanks in advance!

Edit:

Got it!  https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/ASIC-README

Found out that, icarus was the correct option. It did not work since I had to use sudo to start cgminer.

Edit2:

CGminer detects only 11 of my 16 Ants. And those rund with very low hashes and high error rate. I know this ran only for a few seconds, when I took the screenshot. But it did not change so far. Frequency was 200, but got the same results with higher frequencys
If you needed sudo then you have not set up permissions properly (copying 01 udev file). It looks like it sees them all in fact since it says 16 recognised devices.  However it's clearly failing to initialise them for whatever reason and the ones remaining are performing lousy. I have no idea why...
Activity: 808
Merit: 502
How can I use cgminer to log the overall hashrate value into a file every 5 seconds or do?

Thanks...
Activity: 457
Merit: 250

Could not find the option to enable bitmain drivers in the readme on github. Tried icarus since in the old versions bitmain was based on icaraus (if i remember correctly)

./autogensh  --enable-icarus

The compilation worked, but it was not able to detect my ants. I guess it was the wrong driver.

Then I googled around and found the following parameters:

./autogensh  --enable-bmsc --enable-bitmain

Those seem not to be valid (they are also not in the readme but I gave it a try)

Could anyone provide me the correct parameter?

Thanks in advance!

Edit:

Got it!  https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/ASIC-README

Found out that, icarus was the correct option. It did not work since I had to use sudo to start cgminer.

Edit2:

CGminer detects only 11 of my 16 Ants. And those rund with very low hashes and high error rate. I know this ran only for a few seconds, when I took the screenshot. But it did not change so far. Frequency was 200, but got the same results with higher frequencys
Jump to: