Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 124. (Read 5805527 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
The latest Antminer S1 firmware uses CGMiner 3.12.0

Everything in general is running fine, but the API is spitting out something interesting/troubling.

When I hit the API with the command "pools" I get this for the Last Share Time:
Code:
"Last Share Time": "0:00:01",

For the API command "devs", I get this for Last Share Time:
Code:
"Last Share Time": 1392294615,

My miner-dashboard expects the output for Last Share Time like it is in devs not like how it is in pools.
Unfortunately it relies on the pools command to display all the pools I have configured including the last share submitted.

So... bug? Something inherent in Antminer's S1 Implementation (which btw has the correct time/date via NTP in the Web Interface and when I SSH in and get the date)?
They feel the need to change the API.
They are morons.

It is not changed in master cgminer.

I have made sure that the cgminer API is backward compatible since I first wrote it.
The only things changed have been to remove CPU and GPU information (since they don't exist in cgminer)

Unfortunately, the idiots who make the Antminer, break this compatibility by changing names and values in the API in their clone of cgminer.
You will also find that they changed the name of the fields and values that report the hash rate in the summary.
So basically what it means is that either everyone who has ever written a program or script to access the API must modify their code to support these random needless changes, or tell them to stop fucking with the API and making it no longer compatible.

Edit: they were probably stupid enough to also not notice that STATUS->When is the time of the results - so the difference between 'When' and 'Last Share Time' will tell you how long ago it is if you want to display it differently ......... (as I already do in miner.php for 'Last Valid Work')

Well that sucks monkey balls.  Thanks Kano!

I'll relay the info to the dev of the miner-dashboard I use.  Hopefully he can support the customizations...
Activity: 457
Merit: 250

I'm 100% sure cgminer has compilation instructions included in the documentation, I suggest you read them.

Thanks, I will do so and then report back
Thanks for the quick answer. I got this message with any frequenzy, not only with 350. I am a total Linux noob. Is there a short description somewhere on how to compile actual cgminer from git?

git pull
./configure
make
make install

Thanks for your answer. I am currently not at home, so I cannot test it. But how whould the command know, that it should pull cgminer from github? Do I have to drop this commands in an existing cgminer folder? What commands do I have to use on a blank system?
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

Everything in general is running fine, but the API is spitting out something interesting/troubling.

Code:

Code:

My miner-dashboard expects the output for Last Share Time like it is in devs not like how it is in pools.
Unfortunately it relies on the pools command to display all the pools I have configured including the last share submitted.

So... bug? Something inherent in Antminer's S1 Implementation (which btw has the correct time/date via NTP in the Web Interface and when I SSH in and get the date)?
They feel the need to change the API.
They are morons.

It is not changed in master cgminer.

I have made sure that the cgminer API is backward compatible since I first wrote it.
The only things changed have been to remove CPU and GPU information (since they don't exist in cgminer)

Unfortunately, the idiots who make the Antminer, break this compatibility by changing names and values in the API in their clone of cgminer.
You will also find that they changed the name of the fields and values that report the hash rate in the summary.
So basically what it means is that either everyone who has ever written a program or script to access the API must modify their code to support these random needless changes, or tell them to stop fucking with the API and making it no longer compatible.

Edit: they were probably stupid enough to also not notice that STATUS->When is the time of the results - so the difference between 'When' and 'Last Share Time' will tell you how long ago it is if you want to display it differently ......... (as I already do in miner.php for 'Last Valid Work')
Thanks for the quick answer. I got this message with any frequenzy, not only with 350. I am a total Linux noob. Is there a short description somewhere on how to compile actual cgminer from git?
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Hi,

I have soldered Ants @ 1,088V. Did have some problems with bfgminer and because of that tested the new release of cgminer.

I tested every single Antminer with my Notebook Win7 and CGminer 3.12.3.

One Stick threw HW error during startup. But ran fine then. I got 2,8 Ghash out of every Stick. About one third did 3Ghash without problems (no HW error). So my new goal is getting all together @ 2,8 Ghash.

Tried CGminer 3.12.3 (http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/cgminer-3.12.3.tar.bz2) on my Pi with the 49 Port hub. It told me not supporting the "--anu-freq 350" parameter. Is this not supported for the pi/linux?

Then  I tried the 49- Port Hub (pluged in all 16 Ants) with my Windows notebook. Only got lots of errors, saying it could not detect and "wrong device?"

Then I tried a single Ant at the 49 port hub. Worked without probems. Pluged in the second Ant - worked fine. Pluged in the third Ant and cgminer could not detect it and did not detect any further Ant. Tried that several times but never got more then 4 Ants working. I noticed that the LED (which is normally flashing when the Ant is hashing) is on (not flashing) for a few seconds on those Ants which did not get detected.

Looks for me like CGminer has sometime problems during initalization and is then not able to detect further Ants. Does that make sense?

I am crosposting that over at the Antminer Tips and Tricks thread.

Not sure why it wouldn't support 350, it should support all values from 150 to 500 in increments of 25. Note that there have been a number of improvements post 3.12.3 and you may wish to try the latest git to get the benefit of it since some affect these devices, or wait till the new release is out which is likely in the  next week.
Hi,

I have soldered Ants @ 1,088V. Did have some problems with bfgminer and because of that tested the new release of cgminer.

I tested every single Antminer with my Notebook Win7 and CGminer 3.12.3.

One Stick threw HW error during startup. But ran fine then. I got 2,8 Ghash out of every Stick. About one third did 3Ghash without problems (no HW error). So my new goal is getting all together @ 2,8 Ghash.

Tried CGminer 3.12.3 (http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/cgminer-3.12.3.tar.bz2) on my Pi with the 49 Port hub. It told me not supporting the "--anu-freq 350" parameter. Is this not supported for the pi/linux?

Then  I tried the 49- Port Hub (pluged in all 16 Ants) with my Windows notebook. Only got lots of errors, saying it could not detect and "wrong device?"

Then I tried a single Ant at the 49 port hub. Worked without probems. Pluged in the second Ant - worked fine. Pluged in the third Ant and cgminer could not detect it and did not detect any further Ant. Tried that several times but never got more then 4 Ants working. I noticed that the LED (which is normally flashing when the Ant is hashing) is on (not flashing) for a few seconds on those Ants which did not get detected.

Looks for me like CGminer has sometime problems during initalization and is then not able to detect further Ants. Does that make sense?

I am crosposting that over at the Antminer Tips and Tricks thread.
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself
I'm using cgminer 3.7.2 right now and found out that there are a number of new releases since I set it up Smiley

I have the gpu_mine.bat file on my desktop and I left that one but replaced the whole miner map with the 3.12.3... without success, cgminer closes seconds after it started. How can I make this work or what am I doing wrong?

CGMiner supports only ASIC's and Bitcoin going forward.  No GPU support since 3.7.2.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hey Guys,

I'm using cgminer 3.7.2 right now and found out that there are a number of new releases since I set it up Smiley

I have a noob question:

My problem is that I have no idea how to upgrade it. I have the gpu_mine.bat file on my desktop and I left that one but replaced the whole miner map with the 3.12.3... without success, cgminer closes seconds after it started. How can I make this work or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance Smiley

Activity: 798

Code:

Code:

This is what it looks like:

Older versions of CGMiner (like this old 3.2.1 for GPU Scrypt mining... I know I know...) works fine and looks like this:

legendary
Activity: 952
dude when the post was made it said mac osx / linux / pc

it might be an older version but thread still relevant who can help me with config ?
Post your thread here, and you will probably get a response: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=160.0
Activity: 56
could anyone  send me a config to mine any script coin
Please take this elsewhere.
cgminer has no GPU or alt-coin code in it.
Only old unsupported versions do.
dude when the post was made it said mac osx / linux / pc

it might be an older version but thread still relevant who can help me with config ?
Activity: 792
Bite me
i have asic blade 10.7 GHS i want mining in site www.cex.io -what do I do ?
how config menu (ASICMiner Blade Setup)
find a correct thread to post in - this has nothing whatever to do with cgminer
Activity: 8
i have asic blade 10.7 GHS i want mining in site www.cex.io -what do I do ?
how config menu (ASICMiner Blade Setup)
http://www3.0zz0.com/2014/02/12/13/555823398.jpg
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Please take this elsewhere.
cgminer has no GPU or alt-coin code in it.
Only old unsupported versions do.

Invalid config option --scrypt: Invalid value this is the error here is the config where am i going wrong
 {
"pools" : [
   {
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://euro1.coinhuntr.com:3333",
      "user" : "jimjam1210.jimjam",
      "pass" : ""
   }
]
"intensity" : "d",
"vectors" : "2",
"worksize" : "128",
"kernel" : "poclbm",
"lookup-gap" : "0",
"thread-concurrency" : "0",
"shaders" : "0",
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"hotplug" : "5",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "0",
"scan-time" : "60",
"scrypt" : "true",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/Users/kcupit/Desktop/cgminer/x86_64/cgminer/bin"
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Con / Kano:

What is the situation with Cointerra?  Did they provide test hardware / arrange for driver development in cgminer?  

I'm eager to get these machines consolidated on one instance of cgminer running on decent hardware rather than a bunch of beaglebone controllers.
Cointerra developed the communication protocol entirely based on my discussions with them and the driver for cgminer I wrote completely. Once hardware is in regular customers' hands I will push the driver to the master cgminer code. They are straight forward USB devices that are connected to a beaglebone black for standalone operation but you can unplug the beaglebone and plug a regular PC into their USB. I personally do not have any hardware yet, as I have only worked on them remotely.

There are in customer hands at this point.  It looks like there is some work needed on stability at least.

Let me know if you need access to multiple systems for testing.
Cointerra driver now merged into the cgminer master code. Numerous generic fixes from cgminer itself likely are in the cgminer master code based on cgminer 3.12.3 that are not in the standalone software released with the hardware in the beaglebone black. Without actual hardware it is distinctly possible there are bugs I have been unable to reproduce and debug so far, so if you wish to give me access to hardware to mine with it to test the software, please pm me.
found config file in a hidden file in users /.cgminer/cgminer.config still wont run scrpt can any one send me an example config that will work as i ahve tried what i know and still doin mh in kh weird
trying to use an older 3.72 version with my imac in built gpu put a srypct server in mining like sha256 where is config how do i change what its doing looked in appsupport nothing please help
how do i flip to scrypt mining running 10.6.8
help please
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
Con / Kano:

What is the situation with Cointerra?  Did they provide test hardware / arrange for driver development in cgminer?  

I'm eager to get these machines consolidated on one instance of cgminer running on decent hardware rather than a bunch of beaglebone controllers.
Cointerra developed the communication protocol entirely based on my discussions with them and the driver for cgminer I wrote completely. Once hardware is in regular customers' hands I will push the driver to the master cgminer code. They are straight forward USB devices that are connected to a beaglebone black for standalone operation but you can unplug the beaglebone and plug a regular PC into their USB. I personally do not have any hardware yet, as I have only worked on them remotely.

There are in customer hands at this point.  It looks like there is some work needed on stability at least.

Let me know if you need access to multiple systems for testing.
Jump to: