Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 158. (Read 5805527 times)

Activity: 163
Merit: 100
Are there any simple instructions on how to use this anywhere? I am trying to find out how to use this command line feature, when I open cgminer.exe and enter in what it asks for I always get a 'failed to resolve' error. Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
site is still down
where I can get any version of cgminer?

I would play it safe and wait.

M
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
site is still down
where I can get any version of cgminer?
legendary
Activity: 1540
http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/cgminer-3.8.5-windows.zip
website down  Undecided

maybe add you could add a mirror here docs.google.com
and please include to checksum just to make sure it's not modified after it got upload

Or just stick it on a Google Drive (or SkyDrive), set it to share to everyone, job done.

Bad idea.  I wouldn't trust an app placed on a google or skydrive.

M
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
website down  Undecided

and please include to checksum just to make sure it's not modified after it got upload

Or just stick it on a Google Drive (or SkyDrive), set it to share to everyone, job done.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
website down  Undecided

Activity: 792
Merit: 1000
Bite me
seems ck.kolivas.org is down
I had that a couple of times yesterday - wait a bit and try again
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
seems ck.kolivas.org is down
legendary
Activity: 826
How to get cgminer 3.8.5 on my RasperryPi?
wget http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/cgminer-3.8.5.tar.bz2
tar xf cgminer-3.8.5.tar.bz2
cd cgminer-3.8.5
./configure --enable-icarus --enable-bitfury --disable-opencl
make
should do it ....

Got it, thank you!
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Ahh the joys of doing something cool and then getting pulled every direction...  I would be willing to let you play with mine if you wanted to mine on my pool account and mail it back when done Smiley

And very thankful for you work and efforts.....
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong ... but ...

What you seem to be saying is that you want someone to do the work for you, pay you the mining results and then send the device back to you?

i.e. spend time and effort for you for nothing?

Hmm ... I don't think that will happen.

Though I guess if the device itself does actually mine a useful amount of coins, you could impress upon the designers to send one to one of us ...
legendary
Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013
Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952
Somewhat different experience for me - "rc" ran rock-solid with no zombies, no LED light-shows and no auto-reallocations on my two Win7 machines. Total elapsed time on "rc" about 24 hours, but I had several reboots for unrelated hardware issues (including setting up a new boot drive). I've just switched to 3.8.5 and it's off to a good start also.
Awesome. None of the AMU code changed from the rc you tested to the final 3.8.5 release. You guys should take a good deal of credit for doing tons of testing to make this possible, thanks!

You are very modest. Thanks - I've enjoyed it. No problems at all with 3.8.5 so far, about 5 12 hours in. This might mean that the AMUs are officially obsolete.     Wink
Activity: 792
Bite me
wget http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/cgminer-3.8.5.tar.bz2
tar xf cgminer-3.8.5.tar.bz2
cd cgminer-3.8.5
./configure --enable-icarus --enable-bitfury --disable-opencl
make
should do it ....

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Somewhat different experience for me - "rc" ran rock-solid with no zombies, no LED light-shows and no auto-reallocations on my two Win7 machines. Total elapsed time on "rc" about 24 hours, but I had several reboots for unrelated hardware issues (including setting up a new boot drive). I've just switched to 3.8.5 and it's off to a good start also.
Awesome. None of the AMU code changed from the rc you tested to the final 3.8.5 release. You guys should take a good deal of credit for doing tons of testing to make this possible, thanks!
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
How to disable Icarus while using Blue furys as had to use blues in cgminer and erupters in bfgminer.

Is there any way to get both working in cgminer ?
Yes of course you can make both work.

If windows: Set the erupters up the same way with the WinUSB driver via zadig: Best way is to pull them all out and insert just one device, then use zadig to set up that driver for it. Then unplug it and plug it in and see if it just comes up as a usb device (no com port) in the device manager. You may need to reboot. Some people report that device combination only working if you set everything up, then insert just one type of device, start cgminer and insert all of the other type of device after cgminer is running and let cgminer hotplug them (issues to do with usb1.1 devices)

If linux: copy the udev rules file as per the readme.
legendary
Activity: 826
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I have a problem:
http://i.imgur.com/i47whTR.png
No, I didn't type "http://" in front of it. Not when launching from this .bat: "cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://middlecoin.com:3333 -u 1Dotjmmhp49ynms2rz95e2ZDBh2GJTpkWw -p x"
or copying that line into cmd and then running it.
legendary
Activity: 1820
How to disable Icarus while using Blue furys as had to use blues in cgminer and erupters in bfgminer.

Is their any way to get both working in cgminer ?
legendary
Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013
Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952
Alrighty, try the rc I posted next please then.
"rc" has been running for 7 hours now and has auto-replugged 5 of my devices, so I have 0-33 (with gaps) and 34-38, but no zombies.  Pool hash rate seems OK.  I am seeing regular solid LEDs coming on and then going off again after a few seconds, sometimes in batches, which presumably indicates something "not-quite right", but at least any errors that do happen are being recovered from :-)    I forgot to log this run.  I can stop and restart if necessary.  Do you think you might need the log?

Somewhat different experience for me - "rc" ran rock-solid with no zombies, no LED light-shows and no auto-reallocations on my two Win7 machines. Total elapsed time on "rc" about 24 hours, but I had several reboots for unrelated hardware issues (including setting up a new boot drive). I've just switched to 3.8.5 and it's off to a good start also. It's conceivable that my frequent reboots helped yield better results, I suppose - memory leak issues, perhaps. More likely it's because you have a lot more AMUs running, and/or your slow net provider and/or who knows what.        Undecided

legendary
Activity: 1820
Bro, I appreciate your program, but I need your help.
I'm running 2 5970s for scrypt mining on cgminer using xubuntu 13.10
I have amd catalyst 12.8 and AMD APP SDK v2.9

When I run cgminer as
./cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://mypool:port -u user -p x --shaders 3200 --intensity 13 my screen blacks out
If I use the same command, but replace shaders to 1600 my pc freezes.

So I've trued and find my max thread-concurrency, and it looks like it can't get higher then --thread-concurrency 1024

I've been searching for a week and was able to get my rig to 1500khash/s but wasn't getting any shares.
Could you please try and help me?

try the following settings I have 1 5970

--shaders 1600,1600,1600,1600 --thread-concurrency 6400,6400,6400,6400

That is for your 2 I ad to play with the settings to get them working their a pain to get working good.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Unofficial Mac binaries have been updated for v3.8.5 and are available here.

These are universal precompiled binaries that support Mac OS X 10.5.8 through 10.9+.
Jump to: