Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 236. (Read 5805531 times)

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
CGMiner seems to be randomly closing. I'm running cgminer-nogpu on Win 8x64 with a BFL Little Single and 2 AMUs. It runs in a batch file that loops, and the batch file keeps restarting it, so it is closing nicely, and I haven't lost any downtime. I think it's done it about 4-5 times since I updated to 3.4.0, which was about 8 days ago? The newest one was this morning, after I had left for work. It had been running for about 2 days solid before that.

It never did this before. The AMUs are pretty new. Is it the AMUs causing it, or upgrading to 3.4.0, or both?
Hard to know without excluding one thing at a time? Try running the AMUs in their own instance and see if one the other or both crashes? Also there are debug builds which would help me find out where it's crashing and fix it.
http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/debug/
I ran 2 instances of CGMiner-nogpu like you suggested, one with 2 SC Single (1x 30GH + 1x 60GH), and one with 2 AMUs. The instance with the 2 BFL miners was the one that crashed. I didn't see it happened, as it was about 45 minutes ago, but again my batch file seems to have restarted it. I'll try 3.4.1 and see if anything changed.
It won't debug anything unless you install the debugger as described in the debug readme in there. Anyway see how you go with 3.4.1, I found a few places that could lead to crashes that I fixed in that version. I will also update the debug binaries to be 3.4.1
3.4.1 did the same thing: it just restarted by itself. I saw it hit 1million shares around 2am, and then it seems it restarted itself at 8:15am. I'll download the debug builds when the site is back up.
Darn, well the site is back up and I just uploaded the new debug builds for 3.4.1.
Activity: 529
Merit: 501
Hi,

I'm trying to compile this for the first time under MinGW for windows.

Followed your instructions up to this point under windows-build.txt (all the libraries and stuff into their proper location, except no AMD SDK because I can't find the AMD APP folder. No biggy there).

copied the cgminer.c file into my build directory.

when I typed make, it says *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop*

when I typed in make install, it says *** No rule to make target 'install'. Stop ****

I just copied and pasted the source code into notepad and saved it in the directory. Did I do something wrong? The only file in that directory is cgminer.c

It's been a while since I've compiled stuff, and I'm a MinGW/unix noob, so forgive me if these questions are too stupid.

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
CGMiner seems to be randomly closing. I'm running cgminer-nogpu on Win 8x64 with a BFL Little Single and 2 AMUs. It runs in a batch file that loops, and the batch file keeps restarting it, so it is closing nicely, and I haven't lost any downtime. I think it's done it about 4-5 times since I updated to 3.4.0, which was about 8 days ago? The newest one was this morning, after I had left for work. It had been running for about 2 days solid before that.

It never did this before. The AMUs are pretty new. Is it the AMUs causing it, or upgrading to 3.4.0, or both?
Hard to know without excluding one thing at a time? Try running the AMUs in their own instance and see if one the other or both crashes? Also there are debug builds which would help me find out where it's crashing and fix it.
http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/debug/
I ran 2 instances of CGMiner-nogpu like you suggested, one with 2 SC Single (1x 30GH + 1x 60GH), and one with 2 AMUs. The instance with the 2 BFL miners was the one that crashed. I didn't see it happened, as it was about 45 minutes ago, but again my batch file seems to have restarted it. I'll try 3.4.1 and see if anything changed.
It won't debug anything unless you install the debugger as described in the debug readme in there. Anyway see how you go with 3.4.1, I found a few places that could lead to crashes that I fixed in that version. I will also update the debug binaries to be 3.4.1
3.4.1 did the same thing: it just restarted by itself. I saw it hit 1million shares around 2am, and then it seems it restarted itself at 8:15am. I'll download the debug builds when the site is back up.
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
[snip..] Im going to install *nix. just not sure which flavor.

currently have a bfl single, bfl jalapeño, and it will have a block erupter on it soon as well. it will mine BTC 24/7.

Im thinking of ubuntu 13.04 ht even go with dual boot if its easier, ubuntu 13.04 off the HD for occasional non mining and something else via USB flash drive for mining.

any suggestions?
I used Ubuntu for all my mining until I got my Pi and it's always been great for me. Can't really go wrong with it.

shiney.. kinda figured as much but wasnt sure if theres a standard "goto" distro..

thanks!
Activity: 910
Merit: 550
Somewhat noob linux user here, I'm going through the Read Me and just want to make sure I understand properly for install on Raspberry Pi

DEPENDENCIES:
Mandatory:
   curl dev library    http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/
   (libcurl4-openssl-dev)

pkg-config      http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/pkg-config
   libtool         http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/
Optional:
   curses dev library
   (libncurses5-dev or libpdcurses on WIN32 for text user interface)

AMD APP SDK      http://developer.amd.com/sdks/AMDAPPSDK
   (This sdk is mandatory for GPU mining)

AMD ADL SDK      http://developer.amd.com/sdks/ADLSDK
   (This sdk is mandatory for ATI GPU monitoring & clocking)

libudev dev library (libudev-dev)
   (This is only required for ASIC+FPGA support and is linux only)

If building from git:
   autoconf
   automake

Where autoconf and automake are listed it makes it look like they are Dependencies but I wanted to be sure they were not commands that needed to be run prior to autogen

Basic *nix build instructions:
   To actually build:

./autogen.sh   # only needed if building from git repo
   CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -march=native" ./configure

For the actual install in the past I have done ./autogen.sh --(options)

what is the CFLAGS command and is it necessary for all builds?
also is the ./configure a second step that should be run after autogen with the appropriate options, or is adding the options to autogen okay?
Or should it be one full line command?

Thank you for your valuable time in both writing the code and in answering questions.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
My miner is having a fairly annoying problem and I have no idea of the reason or solution.
Every couple hours, I get
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3052634
That is not actually a response to my post, nor does it seem especially relevant.
Your miner stops mining ... why does it stop?
Try setting the settings down and ... it may not happen Tongue
(as per that post)

As noted in my original post, it doesn't seem to be indicating any crash or overheat. The cards are not significantly overclocked, nor do I have any real indication of a possible problem. The software dev said this only happens on API request or command execution - which seems a bit scary to me - because I'm wondering if I'm getting hacked or something, then? Or is there any other possible case I could get this message??
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
My miner is having a fairly annoying problem and I have no idea of the reason or solution.
That is not actually a response to my post, nor does it seem especially relevant.
Your miner stops mining ... why does it stop?
Try setting the settings down and ... it may not happen Tongue
(as per that post)
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
ck.kolivas.org - still down?
legendary
No compiled Windows version available on the Github mirror..
... ah ... yes there is ...
Activity: 77
No compiled Windows version available on the Github mirror..
legendary
ck.kolivas.org is down :/ mirror needed Angry
Again, to repeat.
Opening post, mirror of files.

That mirror doesn't contain the compiled avalon firmwares though does it?
I don't have an Avalon so I don't have the binaries ... and I don't want an Avalon either Smiley

I do have 20 Avalon chips on a BitBurner USB Miner ... and indeed the BitBurner is very good ...
Activity: 91
Again, to repeat.

That mirror doesn't contain the compiled avalon firmwares though does it?
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Again, to repeat.
Activity: 111
Activity: 91
Is there a mirror server for the modified avalon firmware? It seems http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/avalon is down.

Code:
 [2013-08-31 13:54:18] Attempting to restart cgminer 3.4.0

in the log, then the miner slows down to around 1/5th of it's usual speed, the fans start randomly changing speeds, almost no work is produced, and cgminer becomes nearly unresponsive in some cases.

What is going on? I don't see any errors being produced, nothing's overheating. It just randomly 'attempts to restart' and then stops working right.
The only thing that could do that is a message to restart, either via the menu or being told via the API.
I have not been running cgminer with any API options, and it's on a headless rig without any keyboard or mouse even connected, so I can't possibly be hitting any menu options when it happens.

Could this be an instance of a hack or virus??
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/

Code:
 [2013-08-31 13:54:18] Attempting to restart cgminer 3.4.0

in the log, then the miner slows down to around 1/5th of it's usual speed, the fans start randomly changing speeds, almost no work is produced, and cgminer becomes nearly unresponsive in some cases.

What is going on? I don't see any errors being produced, nothing's overheating. It just randomly 'attempts to restart' and then stops working right.
The only thing that could do that is a message to restart, either via the menu or being told via the API.
legendary
Jump to: