Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 233. (Read 5805531 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 501
"java api summary" IS the command line.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
Right, now that I've done embarrassing myself, I'm still stuck with this 30% cpu usage problem - any ideas on that one?

Be gentle with me.......

Do that at the same time as the output of java API summary

I run 2 AMU erupters on a tiny RPi Raspbian and it uses only 1.8% CPU

Code:
23464 root      20   0  202m  59m 2868 S   1.6 16.0  47:03.55 cgminer-3.4.2a

[Elapsed] => 159427
(47*60+3.55)/159427 = 1.77...%

I note that you are also running bitcoind and possibly even p2pool (python) on that at the same time ...

Hey Kano,

Yes, this box is used solely as a p2pool node, all my other mining is done separately on other PC's. When compiling, does the make clean command empty the libusb directory? if not, can you give me a pointer as to where it is so I can empty it manually?  I'm not familiar with the java api summary I'm afraid, is there a command line string?

I have a feeling that the usb is the cause of the problem, it's just how to fix it I'm a little lost with. I've ran this box for months previously with very little cpu usage up until the latest update.

Thanks bro.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
I'm having trouble getting 3.4.2 working with my ASICMiner USB Block Erupter.  I'm still using 3.1.1.  8(

I've looked at the usbfail post
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2817682

I've built a local version of libusb-1.0.16-rc10

But, when I try to run cgminer's configure to use it it looks like it is still using the cgminer*/compat/libusb* version.

FYI - I only use this machine for mining so I would be happy to change libusb to whatever version works for cgminer if that's easier than pointing the cgminer make to my local libusb...

Thanks.
I wanted to make it easier for everyone so I modified the entire build tree to use the optimal libusb automatically, that's why it's now included in the cgminer release tarballs/git tree (it is 1.0.16-rc10) and is built into the cgminer binary statically. No need to do anything with libusb from the user side.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
3.4.2 uses libusb-1.0.16-rc10
If you build it yourself, start with an empty directory.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
I'm having trouble getting 3.4.2 working with my ASICMiner USB Block Erupter.  I'm still using 3.1.1.  8(

I've looked at the usbfail post
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2817682

I've built a local version of libusb-1.0.16-rc10

But, when I try to run cgminer's configure to use it it looks like it is still using the cgminer*/compat/libusb* version.

FYI - I only use this machine for mining so I would be happy to change libusb to whatever version works for cgminer if that's easier than pointing the cgminer make to my local libusb...

Thanks.
legendary
Right, now that I've done embarrassing myself, I'm still stuck with this 30% cpu usage problem - any ideas on that one?

Be gentle with me.......

Do that at the same time as the output of java API summary

I run 2 AMU erupters on a tiny RPi Raspbian and it uses only 1.8% CPU

Code:
23464 root      20   0  202m  59m 2868 S   1.6 16.0  47:03.55 cgminer-3.4.2a

[Elapsed] => 159427
(47*60+3.55)/159427 = 1.77...%

I note that you are also running bitcoind and possibly even p2pool (python) on that at the same time ...
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
I don't remember why, and I can't find a post saying why, but I'm still running 3.1.1.  I decided to try out 3.4.2 and I get this:
Code:
ADL..................: SDK NOT found, GPU monitoring support DISABLED
from the exact same configure command I can still run in the 3.1.1 source and get this:
Code:
ADL..................: SDK found, GPU monitoring support enabled
.  Any chance a change needs made in the source to fix that again?  I know this happened once before and it was a pretty quick fix, after which I redownloaded.
Copy the ADL_SDK include files from 3.1.1 (or the sdk_app thingy) to the ADL_SDK directory and re-configure.
Duh!  Been way too long.  Thanks.
ETA: Sent a bitcent your way.
I fumbled around with that for a couple of hours till it hit me.. Wink
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Using 3.4.2, logging to syslog.

If my cgminer log interval is not set to 5, I don't receive the log entries like
Code:
(5s):xxG (avg):xxGh/s | A:xx  R:xx HW:xx  WU:xx/m
to syslog at all. I still get other syslog entries from cgminer, just not this entry. When log interval is equal to 5, I get that entry every 5 seconds.
Activity: 807
Merit: 500
I don't remember why, and I can't find a post saying why, but I'm still running 3.1.1.  I decided to try out 3.4.2 and I get this:
Code:
from the exact same configure command I can still run in the 3.1.1 source and get this:
Code:
.  Any chance a change needs made in the source to fix that again?  I know this happened once before and it was a pretty quick fix, after which I redownloaded.
Copy the ADL_SDK include files from 3.1.1 (or the sdk_app thingy) to the ADL_SDK directory and re-configure.
Duh!  Been way too long.  Thanks.
ETA: Sent a bitcent your way.
Activity: 194
I don't remember why, and I can't find a post saying why, but I'm still running 3.1.1.  I decided to try out 3.4.2 and I get this:
Code:
Code:
.  Any chance a change needs made in the source to fix that again?  I know this happened once before and it was a pretty quick fix, after which I redownloaded.
You really shouldn't mix and match different blockchains in the same config, or in the same session.  It's really better to have two config files, quit out of cgminer, switch the files and restart.  You are just asking for trouble trying to switch between them on the fly.  There are reasons why the instuctions specifically say not to do this...
Activity: 131
I just wanted to cgminer to use one pool and disable all the rest unless i select the pool.

Then why don't you disable them?  [P]ool  [D]isable  

You know, there's useful information in the readme down past line #3...

That is a good idea! Thank you!

Nice would be a way of if i change to a pool disabling the rest!
CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -march=native" ./configure --disable-opencl
Lulz - you do actually have to compile in a driver or 2 ... otherwise without a driver ... it wont find any devices.

CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall" ./configure --disable-opencl --enable-icarus

To see that the driver you want .... isn't there
./cgminer -h | head -2

After you actually include at least one driver
./cgminer -n

Edit: lol OK someone just posted that before me ... I was slow typing Tongue
Lulz - you do actually have to compile in a driver or 2 ... otherwise without a driver ... it wont find any devices.

./cgminer -h | head -2

./cgminer -n

Kano & Zanatoss666 - Thanks. I am putting myself forward as main candidate for "CGM shit-for-brains award 2013".  My stupidity amazes even me sometimes...... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Be gentle with me.......

Aaah, don't say that! You make me sound stupider than I actually am....... Cheesy Cheesy

Right, let me go at it again.........

Me? Stupid?  Grin
legendary

./cgminer -h | head -2

./cgminer -n

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Sometimes man, just sometimes.....
Right, I'm obviously done something wrong here. Rebooted & now got the "all devices disabled - cannot mine" death sentence.

What you reckon - uninstall/reinstall everything? or is it a simple fix?

I'm such a nonce sometimes....... Grin

It wouldnt hurt, if you have that time.  I would start over, download the latest version from the git and extract, then move your "make clean" line before your ./autogen.sh line, recompile and see if that works.  Again, I know less than you do, just from the little bit I have seen around and from what I have done, it seems you have to make clean first, I almost think that when you do the make clean after your CFLAGS line its wiping our those options you just enabled.

OK, reinstalled everything - no go:

" [2013-09-04 18:21:42] Started cgminer 3.4.2
 [2013-09-04 18:21:42] Loaded configuration file /home/bitcoin/.cgminer/cgminer.
conf
 [2013-09-04 18:21:42] All devices disabled, cannot mine!"

Seems it's not detecting my usb? Also seing this at end of report:

"configure: error: No mining configured in"

Any help would be greatly appreciated......

AH, stupid me, you have to enable your USB's as well.  So, you arent wanting to use your GPU's at all, right?  Then in addition to --disable-opencl, you need to also include --enable-blfsc --enable-icarus --enable-avalon

This will enable block erupters, butterfly lab USB devices, and Avalon devices.
Right, I'm obviously done something wrong here. Rebooted & now got the "all devices disabled - cannot mine" death sentence.

It wouldnt hurt, if you have that time.  I would start over, download the latest version from the git and extract, then move your "make clean" line before your ./autogen.sh line, recompile and see if that works.  Again, I know less than you do, just from the little bit I have seen around and from what I have done, it seems you have to make clean first, I almost think that when you do the make clean after your CFLAGS line its wiping our those options you just enabled.

OK, reinstalled everything - no go:

" [2013-09-04 18:21:42] Started cgminer 3.4.2
 [2013-09-04 18:21:42] Loaded configuration file /home/bitcoin/.cgminer/cgminer.
conf
 [2013-09-04 18:21:42] All devices disabled, cannot mine!"

Seems it's not detecting my usb? Also seing this at end of report:

"configure: error: No mining configured in"

Any help would be greatly appreciated......
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Actually, yes. If I wanted to know how many diff1 shares I've submitted, I would multiply. To me, and some others looking back on this thread, the new information is useless and alarming.
So what exactly would you multiply by?
You have to know the diff1 total, divide it by the old A ... and that answer you can multiply by the old A to get the diff1 total Smiley
... So yeah you can multiply as long as you already know the answer ...
You see ... not every share is the same diff ................

I know not every share is the same diff, but CGMiner shows the share diff on the screen.
No - it shows the current share diff target.
That changes.

Only with VARDIFF.
What pool doesn't?
If not - then use a proper pool Tongue

http://middlecoin.com/
Lulz a random altcoin pool
If you paid attention, you'd know it pays out in BTC, and is the only auto-switching auto-exchanging pool. It's also fairly big and getting bigger.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Sometimes man, just sometimes.....

I just wanted to cgminer to use one pool and disable all the rest unless i select the pool.

Then why don't you disable them?  [P]ool  [D]isable  

You know, there's useful information in the readme down past line #3...
Jump to: