Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 234. (Read 5805531 times)

Activity: 591
Merit: 500
Sorry, what do you mean? Did you understood what i am asking? I am trying to solomine a coin and have a pool from other coin in the same config. So i just switch pool when i want and i don't have to close cgminer. I just wanted to cgminer to use one pool and disable all the rest unless i select the pool.
As long as all of the pools/coin daemons in your config are using the same blockchain, there is no harm in allowing cgminer to detect block changes from a pool while solo-mining.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Actually, yes. If I wanted to know how many diff1 shares I've submitted, I would multiply. To me, and some others looking back on this thread, the new information is useless and alarming.
So what exactly would you multiply by?
You have to know the diff1 total, divide it by the old A ... and that answer you can multiply by the old A to get the diff1 total Smiley
... So yeah you can multiply as long as you already know the answer ...
You see ... not every share is the same diff ................

I know not every share is the same diff, but CGMiner shows the share diff on the screen.
No - it shows the current share diff target.
That changes.

Only with VARDIFF.
What pool doesn't?
If not - then use a proper pool Tongue

http://middlecoin.com/
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
"Do not use on multiple block chains at the same time!"

So, the thing is.. Does not work?... Dam.. Can't i just disable the get blocks from another pools and it only runs from the pool 0 and get blocks from it?
Read about how pooled mining work...

Sorry, what do you mean? Did you understood what i am asking? I am trying to solomine a coin and have a pool from other coin in the same config. So i just switch pool when i want and i don't have to close cgminer. I just wanted to cgminer to use one pool and disable all the rest unless i select the pool.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
Right, I'm obviously done something wrong here. Rebooted & now got the "all devices disabled - cannot mine" death sentence.

What you reckon - uninstall/reinstall everything? or is it a simple fix?

I'm such a nonce sometimes....... Grin
It was only the wind.
Actually, yes. If I wanted to know how many diff1 shares I've submitted, I would multiply. To me, and some others looking back on this thread, the new information is useless and alarming.
You have to know the diff1 total, divide it by the old A ... and that answer you can multiply by the old A to get the diff1 total Smiley

I know not every share is the same diff, but CGMiner shows the share diff on the screen.
No - it shows the current share diff target.
That changes.

Only with VARDIFF.
Hi ckolivas,

Here's what I used to compile:

./autogen.sh
CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -march=native" ./configure --disable-opencl
make clean
make

Is that right? I know it's a new, different build.....It's running 40 USB erupters.

Edit: AMD Phenom X4 9750  4GB Ram on a ssd.

Edit2: Just done another git pull - couple of minor additions, rebooting & trying again.......

Maybe I am wrong, because I dont know nearly as much as even a novice user, but, shouldnt the "make clean" line come before the CFLAGS line?

Typo corrected..... Wink  Ta.
Activity: 807
Merit: 500
I don't remember why, and I can't find a post saying why, but I'm still running 3.1.1.  I decided to try out 3.4.2 and I get this:
Code:
ADL..................: SDK NOT found, GPU monitoring support DISABLED
from the exact same configure command I can still run in the 3.1.1 source and get this:
Code:
ADL..................: SDK found, GPU monitoring support enabled
.  Any chance a change needs made in the source to fix that again?  I know this happened once before and it was a pretty quick fix, after which I redownloaded.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Sometimes man, just sometimes.....
Hi ckolivas,

./autogen.sh
make clean
make

Is that right? I know it's a new, different build.....It's running 40 USB erupters.

Edit: AMD Phenom X4 9750  4GB Ram on a ssd.

Edit2: Just done another git pull - couple of minor additions, rebooting & trying again.......

Maybe I am wrong, because I dont know nearly as much as even a novice user, but, shouldnt the "make clean" line come before the CFLAGS line?
It was only the wind.

Hi ckolivas,

./autogen.sh
make clean
make

Edit: AMD Phenom X4 9750  4GB Ram on a ssd.

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Hi guys,

Bit of an issue, not serious. Cgminer is showing 30% cpu usage since upgrading to latest - seems very high eh? I done the usual compile with make clean, had no errors at all that I could see, it just seems to be a bit too heavy on resources - any suggestions? Xubuntu 12.04 64bit.
That does sound wrong. Did you set CFLAGS to enable optimisations? I see 1% CPU usage on a modern CPU with 217GH across 4 devices on a similar linux.
It was only the wind.
If you can multiply, you can probably divide also, right?

True, but I'd like cgminer to show me what I want to know, rather than force me to calculate it. Another example is the "Time Started" display. I don't care when it started, I care how long it's been running.
Hi guys,

Bit of an issue, not serious. Cgminer is showing 30% cpu usage since upgrading to latest - seems very high eh? I done the usual compile with make clean, had no errors at all that I could see, it just seems to be a bit too heavy on resources - any suggestions? Xubuntu 12.04 64bit.
legendary
Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003
Don`t panic! Organize!

So, the thing is.. Does not work?... Dam.. Can't i just disable the get blocks from another pools and it only runs from the pool 0 and get blocks from it?
Read about how pooled mining work...
It was only the wind.
I just fetched the latest CGMiner, and oh, god, what happened to the share logging? Please change it back.
If you mean A: and R: (and WU:) no it will not be changed back to displaying meaningless information Tongue

It was very much meaningful information. It told me how many shares I have submitted.
So let me get this straight, rather than have it tell you how much work you've done that the pool will reward you for, you want a variable on the screen from the cpu mining era of diff1 shares that today correlates with absolutely nothing at all unless you happen to mine on one of the last remaining pools that accepts diff1 shares, in which case the result is equal to what's shown in the current cgminer anyway?

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Line 3 of the README ...
It was only the wind.
I just fetched the latest CGMiner, and oh, god, what happened to the share logging? Please change it back.
If you mean A: and R: (and WU:) no it will not be changed back to displaying meaningless information Tongue

It was very much meaningful information. It told me how many shares I have submitted.
Can anyone explain me something about cgminer?

I have a config file like:

{

"url" : "192.168.1.1:9500",
      "user" : "user",
      "pass" : "x"
   },
   {

"url" : "192.168.1.1:9501",
      "user" : "user",
   },
   {

"url" : "stratum+tcp://mine-DGC.scryptmining.com:8332",
      "user" : "user.1",
   }

if i keep mining in pool0 that is elephantcoin for me (solomine to wallet) cgminer miner keeps saying stratum from pool 3 detected new block from the DGC chain. My doubt is if cgminer always keep working in the elephantcoin chain and pool3 is giving only information or cgminer changes to a DGC block? and when i get the new block detected in network changes again to elephantcoin block.

Thanks!
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
All useful debugging is much appreciated, thanks.
Jump to: