Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 259. (Read 5805531 times)

Activity: 497
Merit: 500
That is using the exp exe files. Same thing with normal 3.3.1
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Having a problem since I switched to using a hub with my BE's.

Any ideas?  Using ANKER 9 Port hub USB 3.0

Thanks
icarus devices and usb3 is known broken with 3.3.1 on windows, try the experimental exe and dlls listed above from the upcoming release.
Activity: 497
Merit: 500
Having a problem since I switched to using a hub with my BE's.

Any ideas?  Using ANKER 9 Port hub USB 3.0

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Hmm the erupters are going zombie and being hotplugged? That's undesirable behaviour.

USB 2.0 system hosting 58 sticks has been running fine all night with no visible zombies.

USB 3.0 system hosting 9 sticks has exhibited 3 zombies so far since I began testing. 1 zombie did not respond to a hotplug requiring a restart of CGMiner, and 2 zombies came back up when replugged on separate occasions.

EDIT 2: Several hours later, returned to my studio to see that 3 of the AMU's went zombie and did not respond to hotplug operations on a USB 3.0 system. Had to restart CGMiner entirely. USB 2.0 system has been solid since I switched yesterday.

EDIT 3: Just watched another Erupter USB go zombie on my USB 3.0 system. Reverted back to 3.1.1 with the SiLabs driver on that system.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Can someone explain to me what NMW stands for please in cgminer for avalon thx
Activity: 257
Merit: 250
I tried both the new dll and exe and all 3 instances of erupters did start.  But I had erupters falling off and coming back up continuously.  Ozco is bouncing up and down and it seems to keep trying bring it back up.  I went back to stock 3.3.1 and it failed over to a backup pool and is running stable again.

Also I noticed that the U: went away.  I like contrasting the U: and WU: with the variable difficulty to make sure they are in line.  I wouldn't like it if U: went away.  It doesn't seem that it would make a difference in window realestate.
Sam
Hmm the erupters are going zombie and being hotplugged? That's undesirable behaviour.

No they aren't going zombie.  They just continually idled, green light going solid, and then pick up and run again.

I will try to run the new binaries again later when I have more time to tinker with it.
Thanks,
Sam

I had similar behavior with erupters , swapping a usb cable , resolved the issue .
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself
I tried both the new dll and exe and all 3 instances of erupters did start.  But I had erupters falling off and coming back up continuously.  Ozco is bouncing up and down and it seems to keep trying bring it back up.  I went back to stock 3.3.1 and it failed over to a backup pool and is running stable again.

Also I noticed that the U: went away.  I like contrasting the U: and WU: with the variable difficulty to make sure they are in line.  I wouldn't like it if U: went away.  It doesn't seem that it would make a difference in window realestate.
Sam

No they aren't going zombie.  They just continually idled, green light going solid, and then pick up and run again.

I will try to run the new binaries again later when I have more time to tinker with it.
Thanks,
Sam
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/

Sam

I'm wondering if the bouncing up and down wasn't sheer coincidence to do with outage time at ozcoin? I will investigate though, somewhere in my infinite hours I have available...

Actually WU is just U multiplied by diff within the cgminer code so they will ALWAYS be in line... and U, along with all diff1 calculations, was the source of endless confusion, especially with newer miners. You probably didn't even notice that the Accepted and Rejected are now scaled with difficulty as well. More information is always available via the API for advanced users, but as you have seen by the WU vs U example, fully understanding and parsing most of the displayed information is far from trivial so I'm trying to do away with information that is not useful yet is confusing on the main display. In fact, at larger ASIC hashrates, there is a screen real estate problem.
legendary
Think for yourself
(Or for that matter, anyone using the latest cgminer on windows, see if this changes anything for you). It's the latest version of libusb.

http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/temp/libusb-1.0.dll

Yep, it changed something for me.

My third instance always crash's now.  I run three instances 5 erupters each.
Did you try the dll alone or with the new exe as well?

dll alone.
Try both then please? Lots of little fixes post 3.3.1 in that exe (in fact close to what 3.3.2 will be, hopefully).

Sam
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
That all sounds like a great idea and pretty much what I had in mind. However we're just too busy working on new (and old) drivers for now.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
The whole display thing was never meant for so many devices since it's from an era of GPU mining. I keep rewriting it over and over again yet windows just likes crashing if you get too fancy with pdcurses. I keep meaning to rewrite it to just delete all the windows and start new ones but too many other things to do all taking my attention...
I haven't written any significant code in over 10 years. I think it's time to dust off my bike and oil up the chains... Have been looking for something to rip me away from DOTA2...

Cheers.
When you look at the code, in windows I set it to always open one bigger than required at start so there is one spare spot for a hotplug
... in case you were wondering why it does that Smiley
Actually I was wondering why it did that. Thanks!

For the redesign, could we have it simplified and condensed into a single device type per line? For example, say you've got 3 Little Singles, 4 Jalapenos, and 14 AMUs. Rather than 21 separate lines, could we have 3 lines, saying how many of each type, and then important stats: average temp, highest temp, lowest hashrate, average hashrate, total hashrate (for that device type), reject %, etc. Similar to how you can view detailed info about a GPU, can't you also get into a submenu option that gives detailed info for each device type, listing each separate device of that type in the format it is today? I don't know if that's too fancy to work properly, but it's just a thought about how to organize the mass of information a lil cleaner.

But who am I to tell you guys what to do. I'm not a coder, and I have great respect for your work.

Actually, now that I think about it, I haven't sent you guys a donation in a while. I should do that, since you've been very helpful. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
The whole display thing was never meant for so many devices since it's from an era of GPU mining. I keep rewriting it over and over again yet windows just likes crashing if you get too fancy with pdcurses. I keep meaning to rewrite it to just delete all the windows and start new ones but too many other things to do all taking my attention...

I haven't written any significant code in over 10 years. I think it's time to dust off my bike and oil up the chains... Have been looking for something to rip me away from DOTA2...

Cheers.

When you look at the code, in windows I set it to always open one bigger than required at start so there is one spare spot for a hotplug
... in case you were wondering why it does that Smiley
legendary
Christian Antkow

Cheers.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Normal for hotplugged ones to not show on windows also - a workaround for crashes on resizing windows thanks to buggy pdcurses on windows.

Could the display toggle coMpact mode be modified to reinit the displayed devices manually ? I noticed it did not Sad
legendary
Christian Antkow
Normal for hotplugged ones to not show on windows also - a workaround for crashes on resizing windows thanks to buggy pdcurses on windows.

Could the display toggle coMpact mode be modified to reinit the displayed devices manually ? I noticed it did not Sad
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
(Or for that matter, anyone using the latest cgminer on windows, see if this changes anything for you). It's the latest version of libusb.

dll alone.
Try both then please? Lots of little fixes post 3.3.1 in that exe (in fact close to what 3.3.2 will be, hopefully).
legendary
Think for yourself

dll alone.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/

legendary
Think for yourself

Jump to: