Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 260. (Read 5805531 times)

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
And while I'm at it, there are new windows .exes with the latest changes as well in case changing the dll alone isn't enough:
http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/temp

She's alive ! Happily hashing away with your latest under Windows on an Anker 10 port hub !

EDIT: Additionally, deployed this build to another rig hosting 58 sticks, and sometimes, a few sticks lag at startup and the display never gets updated.

Eg: CGMiner starts up, and displays AMU0 through AMU51. About 30 seconds after it starts up, I see hotplug messages saying devices up to AMU57 have been found, but the display is not updated to reflect the new devices.

Finally, I notice that bank often switches back and forth between difficulty 8 and 16. Is there a way I can tell CGMiner "Don't ever go higher than Difficulty 8" ?

EDIT2: On my first 10 port hub, I had AMU8 go ZOMBIE with the green light on solid, and would not respond to a hotplug operation. Had to quit and shutdown CGMiner to get it working again. Also, restarting that one 10 port hub only seems to recognize AMU0 through 5 before AMU6-8 get added to the list as hotplug devices later, and again, the list of devices does not get refreshed to display this Sad
Great thanks for feedback. Unfortunately normal for windows to fail to start every single one of them and occasionally hotplug the remainders due to some being slow to initialise. Normal for hotplugged ones to not show on windows also - a workaround for crashes on resizing windows thanks to buggy pdcurses on windows. Difficulty is set by your pool and cgminer has no control over it, use a pool with a more stable variable diff algorithm.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
New dll and new .exe. Should I be seeing anything different if I'm not using AMUs? Cuz my BFL LS is plenty happy.
Nope, all good. Thanks for feedback.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
New dll and new .exe. Should I be seeing anything different if I'm not using AMUs? Cuz my BFL LS is plenty happy.
Activity: 481
Merit: 500
What is the correct way to specify complex usb command line parameters in the CONFIG file? I have:

--icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 --usb 1:3,2:3,2:4,2:7,2:8,2:9

on the command line.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
And while I'm at it, there are new windows .exes with the latest changes as well in case changing the dll alone isn't enough:

She's alive ! Happily hashing away with your latest under Windows on an Anker 10 port hub !

EDIT: Additionally, deployed this build to another rig hosting 58 sticks, and sometimes, a few sticks lag at startup and the display never gets updated.

Eg: CGMiner starts up, and displays AMU0 through AMU51. About 30 seconds after it starts up, I see hotplug messages saying devices up to AMU57 have been found, but the display is not updated to reflect the new devices.

Finally, I notice that bank often switches back and forth between difficulty 8 and 16. Is there a way I can tell CGMiner "Don't ever go higher than Difficulty 8" ?

EDIT2: On my first 10 port hub, I had AMU8 go ZOMBIE with the green light on solid, and would not respond to a hotplug operation. Had to quit and shutdown CGMiner to get it working again. Also, restarting that one 10 port hub only seems to recognize AMU0 through 5 before AMU6-8 get added to the list as hotplug devices later, and again, the list of devices does not get refreshed to display this Sad
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
For windows users who have been fighting with the AMUs on the latest version of cgminer, can you try just dropping in this dll in place of the existing one in your cgminer directory? (Or for that matter, anyone using the latest cgminer on windows, see if this changes anything for you). It's the latest version of libusb.

http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/temp/libusb-1.0.dll

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
For windows users who have been fighting with the AMUs on the latest version of cgminer, can you try just dropping in this dll in place of the existing one in your cgminer directory? (Or for that matter, anyone using the latest cgminer on windows, see if this changes anything for you). It's the latest version of libusb.

http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/temp/libusb-1.0.dll

legendary
Christian Antkow
In case you're using a mainboard with AMD chipset (from 2008 or 2009, not sure atm)
In this case, it's not an AMD issue Sad It's an i7 2600K system I put together on an MSI motherboard. I can live with it; just wanted to report the issue.
Well have you downloaded and run the newest Intel INF Update Utility for your motherboard? Intel MBs still need chipset drivers too, ya know.

All up to date. Lose the snark.
legendary
In case you're using a mainboard with AMD chipset (from 2008 or 2009, not sure atm)

In this case, it's not an AMD issue Sad It's an i7 2600K system I put together on an MSI motherboard. I can live with it; just wanted to report the issue.

Well have you downloaded and run the newest Intel INF Update Utility for your motherboard? Intel MBs still need chipset drivers too, ya know.
legendary
Christian Antkow

legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1157
no degradation
Does anyone else have issues using USB flash drives while running CGMiner?
I have a thread here where I tried Alot to fix my USB drivers, turns out that it appears CGMiner was causing them to hang/freeze
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bounty05btc-usb-drives-stopsfreezehangs-resolved-267980

On a related note, I have an E-MU Tracker Pre USB that I'm using as my audio device and I notice that I get crackles from time-to-time when it's playing audio with CGMiner driving USB Erupters in the background.

In case you're using a mainboard with AMD chipset (from 2008 or 2009, not sure atm), try to find something called 'AMD USB Filter Driver' on the mainboard manufacturers support pages. There was an issue when using USB 1.1 devices causing 'noise' and communication issues. Patches are still available from HP, Lenovo etc. From my experience, these patches are working fine on other brands as well... Just an idea.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I'm back and seriously jetlagged with 1000 emails and 500 snail mails to contend with first, but yes some fixes will make their way into a release soon.
legendary
So for the most part, things seem to be pretty smooth with 3.3.1. I know I haven't had any problems. Any plans for the future of CGMiner, or should I try asking again when CK gets back from vacation?
legendary
Christian Antkow
I have a thread here where I tried Alot to fix my USB drivers, turns out that it appears CGMiner was causing them to hang/freeze
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bounty05btc-usb-drives-stopsfreezehangs-resolved-267980

On a related note, I have an E-MU Tracker Pre USB that I'm using as my audio device and I notice that I get crackles from time-to-time when it's playing audio with CGMiner driving USB Erupters in the background.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
It's been less than 18 hours since your first post.  I'm sorry our FREE TECH SUPPORT was not quick enough for you.
It wouldn't be free if it would be TECH SUPPORT(ok it would be but you would get a donation as I stetted)... 2 times I needed help and the bug reported first time is still in cgminer... And that time when I was reporting it I was told it not a bug it is is you or your system(but it is not since I found workaround)... This time it was read readme that didn't work... Needed to do something that was not in README...

Don't get upset.  People here are generally helpful.

Some senior members here might treat you like a child because they wrote parts of cgminer and they know "everything" Smiley.

Don't take it personally.  Ignore posts that don't help you.

Do your own debugging.  Don't expect things to be spelled out for you.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
ck, please revert 3b2f9ccb or add more checks for avalon. thanks!
eh?
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself
Well, thanks for your help.  I wasnt getting that result when I was trying, I behavior I was getting was both my Jalapeno and my GPU 0 were disabled (and once removed disabled was used they both disappeared).

In the mean time I shut the rig down for an hour, started it up, and set the bad card to stock settings.  Its been running fine for nearly 24hrs so Im keeping my fingers crossed on it.  If it starts acting up again I will just have to pull it and call it a day.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Well the only thing I can think of is that you removed-disabled the wrong device(s).  You have to know what the correct device numbering is.

I have used this method with my GPU's to mine separate instances of CGMiner to separate GPU's to separate pools and it worked fine.  Also used this method with my Block Erupters till ckolivas pointed out the --usb options which work allot better for usb devices.

Anyway, glad your working again.
Sam
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Sometimes man, just sometimes.....
My problem is I have 2 video cards, and a Jalapeno all running on the same system.  1 video card is giving me problems and I want to disable it and still use the other video card AND my Jalapeno (the cards are hooked up in a watercooling rig and I was trying to prevent ripping it completely apart in order to remove the bad card from the system altogether). All of the things I tried would either let me run just the Jalapeno, or just one the one video card, not both.

Yes I understand that.  So to disable the bad GPU you need to know which device it is and then use the remove disable in conjunction with that device.

In my suggested example

"-d 0 --remove-disabled"

That would completely remove device 0 from CGMiner's knowledge and would just mine your other devices.

If your bad GPU is a different device then substitute the 0 with the correct number.
Sam

Well, thanks for your help.  I wasnt getting that result when I was trying, I behavior I was getting was both my Jalapeno and my GPU 0 were disabled (and once removed disabled was used they both disappeared).

In the mean time I shut the rig down for an hour, started it up, and set the bad card to stock settings.  Its been running fine for nearly 24hrs so Im keeping my fingers crossed on it.  If it starts acting up again I will just have to pull it and call it a day.

Thanks everyone for the help.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
ck, please revert 3b2f9ccb or add more checks for avalon. thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
Jump to: