Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 280. (Read 5805537 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
I've just started mining with half a dozen USB Erupters on Slush's pool (Ubuntu 11.10). Cgminer periodically stops/crashes. When it does, I can't enter anything into terminal, so have to start a new terminal and restart cgminer. I've gone through the readme but can't figure out a way to make it restart automatically when this happens.

Any tips apreciated

are you using active cooling on the USB erupters?  if not that might be the source of your crashing.  (just a guess, I don't do linux)

M
Activity: 894
Merit: 501
I've just started mining with half a dozen USB Erupters on Slush's pool (Ubuntu 11.10). Cgminer periodically stops/crashes. When it does, I can't enter anything into terminal, so have to start a new terminal and restart cgminer. I've gone through the readme but can't figure out a way to make it restart automatically when this happens.

Any tips apreciated
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Courtesy of Kerry Cupit, unofficial OSX binaries:
http://spaceman.ca/cgminer/

Thanks Smiley
Thanks!  That would be me (in case anyone wants to get in touch with me via the forums).

Now I can't wait for the next version to test out all my deployment code Smiley
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Sometimes man, just sometimes.....
Any way to overclock an asic such as a BFL 5Ghs?
Flash it, but you need to purchase certain hardware and download software to do it. There are forum threads here showing you how.

Just did mine.  Humming nicely at ~8.5Gh/s now.  Life is good.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Flash it, but you need to purchase certain hardware and download software to do it. There are forum threads here showing you how.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
FYI, I've noticed that 3.30 has alot more trouble finding all the block eruptors, compared to 3.2.2
I have 18 of them and 3.3.0 comes up with 13 and 3.2.2 comes up with 17 everytime. There's a
Jale7 in the mix also. Always detects that.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Mining FTW
You shouldn't need to use -d or --remove-disabled if you want to use all the GPUs that belong to a particular platform when you specify it with --gpu-platform. Contrary to popular belief, AMD have reinvented the bug requiring dummy plugs on some hardware with some recent driver versions - disabling power saving features is allegedly a fix for that issue too.
Good to know. And yes found that disabling ULPS (power saving mode) in the registery was reducing the amount of sick GPU's by a lot. Still to much windows errors... so in the end I just went to CentOS... configured it late last morning, (7 hours ago) and everything is still running without getting sick or any other problems.

Now going back to work to see why remote monitoring is not working yet while I enabled it... Smiley

Either way, thanks a lot everybody for the help! Looks like in the end Windows was no good for this system (too much spontaneous crashes, like every hour)
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Courtesy of Kerry Cupit, unofficial OSX binaries:
http://spaceman.ca/cgminer/

Thanks Smiley
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
You shouldn't need to use -d or --remove-disabled if you want to use all the GPUs that belong to a particular platform when you specify it with --gpu-platform. Contrary to popular belief, AMD have reinvented the bug requiring dummy plugs on some hardware with some recent driver versions - disabling power saving features is allegedly a fix for that issue too.
Mining FTW

Anybody any idea how to work around this? Aka telling CGMiner to ignore the Intel Graphics, and continue within everything else as usual. (its sees the gpu's as 0:0-3 and the intel gpu as 1:0)

Try using the CGMiner argument --remove-disable for the Intel GPU.

-------------Readme-----------------------
--remove-disabled   Remove disabled devices entirely, as if they didn't exist
--device|-d    Select device to use, one value, range and/or comma separated (e.g. 0-2,4) default: all

-------------Top Post-----------------------
Q: Can I mine with AMD while running Nvidia or Intel GPUs at the same time?
A: If you can install both drivers successfully (easier on windows) then
yes, using the --gpu-platform option.
---------------------------------------------

May not be better than a dead flying whombat or dummy plugs.  But worth looking into.
Sam
Thanks for sticking with me Sam!

Tried, unsuccessfully Sad

Really have the feeling that either OpenCL or ADL is plainly ignoring the --gpu-platform and --remove-disabled and just craps out because it sees more or less than what it is expecting. While my scripting is decent, my knowledge of C and the code base of CGMiner is giving me difficulties in finding the exact code and wrapping my head around it.

not sure about intel, but amd based MB has controls in the bios for whether or not to use the internal or card based gpu. You may want to look there.

He has already been there and done that.

He wants to use the Intel GPU for his actual display.  And wants CGMiner to not use the Intel GPU.

The problem is that OpenCL detects a different number of devices than ADL which causes problems if you want CGMiner to monitor and manage temps, clocks and fan speeds.
Sam
Bingo, exactly what I want, but somehow CGMiner is refusing to allow me to do.

Additional note, I've been googling / searching on the forums quite a bit, and at some point found a post someone was having similar ADL issues (though with AMD vs Nvidia cards) and he resolved it by deleting the amdocl* files and opencl* files in system32 and syswow64, and reinstalling the drivers after. Tried, without luck, though found some nice strange thing that might help us getting this figured out.... at first I decided not to install the intel graphics driver again after having it uninstalled. (since windows automatically installed it as a standard vga adapter) But by doing that, CGMiner... just went nuts completely complaining that it couldn't find any OpenCL devices. Even though all 4 cards showed up nicely in device manager as properly installed. Installing the Intel Graphics Driver resolved this problem.
Activity: 490
not sure about intel, but amd based MB has controls in the bios for whether or not to use the internal or card based gpu. You may want to look there.

He wants to use the Intel GPU for his actual display.  And wants CGMiner to not use the Intel GPU.

The problem is that OpenCL detects a different number of devices than ADL which causes problems if you want CGMiner to monitor and manage temps, clocks and fan speeds.
Sam

ah, got it. my problem was reversed, i wanted to mine with both and didn't like that i couldn't.
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself

Sam
Activity: 490
not sure about intel, but my amd based MB has controls in the bios for whether or not to use the internal or card based gpu. You may want to look there.
legendary
Think for yourself

Anybody any idea how to work around this? Aka telling CGMiner to ignore the Intel Graphics, and continue within everything else as usual. (its sees the gpu's as 0:0-3 and the intel gpu as 1:0)

Try using the CGMiner argument --remove-disable for the Intel GPU.

-------------Readme-----------------------
--remove-disabled   Remove disabled devices entirely, as if they didn't exist
--device|-d   Select device to use, one value, range and/or comma separated (e.g. 0-2,4) default: all

-------------Top Post-----------------------
Q: Can I mine with AMD while running Nvidia or Intel GPUs at the same time?
A: If you can install both drivers successfully (easier on windows) then
yes, using the --gpu-platform option.
---------------------------------------------

May not be better than a dead flying whombat or dummy plugs.  But worth looking into.
Sam
Mining FTW
complaining that it sees more OpenCL devices than devices with ADL.

Try using dummy plug's on all GPU's.

Try swinging a dead wombat around the room too, because it's probably as useful as dummy plugs.

Don't have one of those, but I do have resistors.

When will people get it in to their heads that dummy plugs haven't been needed in over 18 months?  This old issue was fixed back in late 2011.

For an old issue that has been fixed it sure has resolved allot of odd problems here and there.

But my suggestion is just a WAG, no idea if it would really help but I know it doesn't hurt.
Sam
Except my wallet, I'll try the wombat swinging though, don't think it can hurt.

Just to recap;

I disable the igpu, monitoring works with issues. I enable the igpu, can't get monitoring to work...
The issue is somewhere in ADL, and the moment I know what it is, I don't mind digging into the files and editing a couple of lines.
Dummy plugs are NOT the issue, please stop suggesting them. (next one suggesting them, will get the flat lie back that I'm using them)

Why do I want to use the igpu, because then Windows / VNC etc, don't try to steal resources from the dedicated cards, decreasing mining efficiency. (And I have a feeling many people will want this just like me, but most will just choose the easy way out and disable the igpu again)
Activity: 952
Merit: 502
SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!
hello.
can I be use directly cgminer with Avalon? what settings need to write to the configuration file.? how I connect avalon with PC? I think my tp-link dont working
thanks in advance
legendary
Think for yourself
complaining that it sees more OpenCL devices than devices with ADL.

Try using dummy plug's on all GPU's.

Try swinging a dead wombat around the room too, because it's probably as useful as dummy plugs.

Don't have one of those, but I do have resistors.

When will people get it in to their heads that dummy plugs haven't been needed in over 18 months?  This old issue was fixed back in late 2011.

For an old issue that has been fixed it sure has resolved allot of odd problems here and there.

But my suggestion is just a WAG, no idea if it would really help but I know it doesn't hurt.
Sam
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Thanks kano!
Will try it out.  I'm with a rPi so no usb3 here. Thabks though. Will try the short thingy (tried it with long and no go). Also could be the bitstream cause (here i'll get hit) in bfgminer the clock is around 200mH/s each and in cgminer it goes all the way to 350. Dunno. An idea.

Will read further cause i wanna use cgminer.

And im using cm1 cause it sounds fun and dont have enough for an asic. Cheesy
Jump to: