Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 284. (Read 5805537 times)

legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself
By the way, currently I have 4670 GPU, run PCI-E 1.1 x16 (32MH/s with 750MHz > 800MHz clock using cgminer).
So, if I move GPU to motherboard that capable PCI-E 2.0 x16, dose Hash rate will increase? i think not

I was getting 35Mhs on my AGP 4670.  So I would expect you should be getting higher than that already.

But no changing the slot/MB won't help.
Activity: 499
Merit: 500
By the way, currently I have 4670 GPU, run PCI-E 1.1 x16 (32MH/s with 750MHz > 800MHz clock using cgminer).
So, if I move GPU to motherboard that capable PCI-E 2.0 x16, dose Hash rate will increase? i think not

You are correct,  It would not.  Bandwidth on the PCI bus does not help hash rate.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
awwww, come on, don't be quick to get rid of the GPU mining ability.

It may not be cost effective, may even lose money, but it is the only way for newbies to get involved and see what mining is all about. Telling future miners that they can't mine without buying special equipment(which most are predicting won't see ROI) isn't exactly great for Bitcoins future. Telling them that the can mine with the GPU in their current computer but will spend more on electricity than the make in Bitcoin will at least see the technical side of mining and decide about buying better equipment.

I'd think that the GPU code is pretty solid by now. Would it be so hard just to leave it in? or, make a separate GPU only build for beginners to use? I've just got one GPU working this week and there is a second in the box that i want to get going. I don't care if they make expensive Bitcoins, I just need the Bitcoins to buy more ASICS, and don't want to go through transferring money through exchanges. For me this is a hobby, not a business. I'm mining because i enjoy it.
Same arguments as CPU. This equation has been done before. I'm talking about a year or more from now, not very soon, but I do like to give plenty of warning.  When you're spending $300 a month in energy to earn $0.30 in BTC, you will see things differently, trust me.
It's still quite profitable for alt-coins. Anyway, are you gonna add in the scrypt OpenCL optimization somebody posted on the Litecoin forums?
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
3.1.1 doesn't use the WinUSB driver for 'Icarus' devices - it uses the serial-USB driver on windows.
3.2* uses WinUSB that Zadig will install for you.

(Icarus devices are: Icarus, Lancelot, Asicminer USB and Cairnsmore1)
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/

"diakgcn" is the Diablo GCN kernel, it is designed for GPUs built on GCN technology (Radeon HD7000 serries)

CG miner auto-selects the best kernel for your hardware and rarely gets it wrong so just use the default kernel and you'll be fine.

Ah, OK.  At one time there was a diagnostic kernel probably started with diag* instead of diak*.  Thanks for the correction.
Sam
diakgcn is the Diapolo Kernel for GCN. It has nothing to do with diablo and pretty much never outperformed any other kernel so it is never selected automatically by cgminer.
legendary
Think for yourself

"diakgcn" is the Diablo GCN kernel, it is designed for GPUs built on GCN technology (Radeon HD7000 serries)

CG miner auto-selects the best kernel for your hardware and rarely gets it wrong so just use the default kernel and you'll be fine.

Ah, OK.  At one time there was a diagnostic kernel probably started with diag* instead of diak*.  Thanks for the correction.
Sam
other kernel give cgminer crash,
both my Overclocked Series GPU can't mining, but, normal GPU can mining and cgminer work with Catalyst 13.4. Why?
because overclocked GPU remove BFI_INT from hardware? I did try disable BFI_INT on phoenix.
Activity: 52
both GPU, run OpenCL benchmark, no problem.

I read Diablo Readme for GPU vector size, and diablo return opencl worksize 256, and apply it here.
I try use other kernel, seem mining no respond at all, like null?

this one on Catalyst 13.4, OpenCL 1.2

Uh, I think the "-k diakgcn" is a diagnostic kernel that doesn't actually submit any shares.

try using "-k phatk -v 2 -w 256"

legendary
Think for yourself

Latest test:

I read Diablo Readme for GPU vector size, and diablo return opencl worksize 256, and apply it here.
I try use other kernel, seem mining no respond at all, like null?

Uh, I think the "-k diakgcn" is a diagnostic kernel that doesn't actually submit any shares.

try using "-k phatk -v 2 -w 256"
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
What does the error "-3" mean when I have a BFL FPGA Single with the WinUSB drivers installed, but CGMiner says it can't open the device?
   /** Access denied (insufficient permissions) */
   LIBUSB_ERROR_ACCESS = -3,
Fixed my issue. Extracted, recopied, and reset permissions all of the winusb files off of a Win8 install disk, and it's running fine.

Side note: This is on a WinPE 4.0 image burned to a 1GB usb stick, and it took a little work, but it's mining just fine, with GPU and USB devices. Score!  Grin Grin
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Installed cgminer from the github source without using the flags (CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -march=native") been running fine for a few weeks just wondering if this can cause any issues, or what this particularly line does.
It just makes cgminer be compiled with optimisations so it ends up using less CPU.
Activity: 910
Merit: 550
Installed cgminer from the github source without using the flags (CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -march=native") been running fine for a few weeks just wondering if this can cause any issues, or what this particularly line does.
Activity: 40
Hello,

In CGminer 3.1.1, is the ASIC/FPGA automatically detected in linux? I compiled it with support for all FPGA's and ASIC's.
As per the readme ... no.
Any Icarus device will require -S /dev/ttyUSBx ....
Icarus = Icarus, Lancelot, Asicminer USB, Cairnsmore1
The rest are auto.
Thanks, I appreciate it.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/

Try catalyst 13.1
Uninstall any drivers you have cleanly with driversweep, including the opencl installed and start again with what 13.1 installs. Then start with a freshly extracted cgminer or delete any .bin files you have in your cgminer directory.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Hello,

In CGminer 3.1.1, is the ASIC/FPGA automatically detected in linux? I compiled it with support for all FPGA's and ASIC's.
As per the readme ... no.
Any Icarus device will require -S /dev/ttyUSBx ....
Icarus = Icarus, Lancelot, Asicminer USB, Cairnsmore1
The rest are auto.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
Well, one thing you could try to narrow this down would be to give the Bitminter client a try - see if it finds and mines with both GPUs.
still crash, I had no idea, what I know, this likely kernel problem.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Sometimes man, just sometimes.....
Well, I post, this simple crash error, GPU: GV-R577SO-1GD

Interesting.  Anyone else with a clue?

Oh, and change over to the stratum serves for eclipse, so change your port from 8337 to either 3333 or 443, 8337 was used for old school getwork I believe.
Jump to: