Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 282. (Read 5805537 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 501
i think i have hardware issues. i powwered the machine off and it wouldn't reboot until i took the second video card out. I'm going to try some different risers tomorrow.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
you are saying that i should try older versions of Catalyst?
Yes I am saying that.
hmmm... i read the readme's honest.  I ran the aticonfig .... --initial thing. i did export DISPLAY=:0

as for "needing" the plug jumper(Dummy Plug), i figured doing it wouldn't hurt. If the aticonfig isn't the xorg thing you are talking about i'll go read it again. Is there anymore data that i can get ya that might help? I believe this should be working and am baffled that it isn't.

This is what i did to dummy it: http://blog.zorinaq.com/?e=11
Did you do aticonfig with "-f" as well?

Try a different driver version? AMD are awesome at reinventing old bugs with newer drivers.

you are saying that i should try older versions of Catalyst? The aticonfig initialize was copied from the readme and pasted on the command line.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
hmmm... i read the readme's honest.  I ran the aticonfig .... --initial thing. i did export DISPLAY=:0

as for "needing" the plug jumper(Dummy Plug), i figured doing it wouldn't hurt. If the aticonfig isn't the xorg thing you are talking about i'll go read it again. Is there anymore data that i can get ya that might help? I believe this should be working and am baffled that it isn't.

Did you do aticonfig with "-f" as well?

Try a different driver version? AMD are awesome at reinventing old bugs with newer drivers.

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
lets try this again i have two video cards installed. the primary one, a 7970, is in a PCIe X16 slot and  mines fine.  the second, is a 7950 in a PCIe X4 slot and cgminer doesn't see it as being enabled. aticonfig sees them both. i have a resistor in the 7950's DVI connector to dummy it. i loaded the latest catalyst package. Since cgminer mines fine on the one board i'm guessing that the SDK is loaded as part of catalyst? i'm using
cgminer-3.3.1-x86_64-built The MB conector on the X is a full connector and i'm on an extender,

aticonfig --lsa
* 0. 01:00.0 AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
  1. 04:00.0 AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series

* - Default adapter

./cgminer -n
 [2013-07-02 14:19:59] CL Platform 0 vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.                   
 [2013-07-02 14:19:59] CL Platform 0 name: AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing                   
 [2013-07-02 14:19:59] CL Platform 0 version: OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP (1084.4)                   
 [2013-07-02 14:19:59] Platform 0 devices: 1                   
 [2013-07-02 14:19:59]    0   Tahiti                   
 [2013-07-02 14:19:59] Failed to ADL_Adapter_ID_Get. Error -10                   
 [2013-07-02 14:19:59] This error says the device is not enabled                   
 [2013-07-02 14:19:59] Failed to ADL_Adapter_ID_Get. Error -10                   
 [2013-07-02 14:19:59] This error says the device is not enabled                   
 [2013-07-02 14:19:59] GPU 0 AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series  hardware monitoring enabled                   
 [2013-07-02 14:19:59] 1 GPU devices max detected                   
 [2013-07-02 14:19:59] USB all: found 7 devices - listing known devices                   
 [2013-07-02 14:19:59] No known USB devices
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Sometimes man, just sometimes.....
Hello.

First, sorry for my english.

I want to start using CGMINER 3.3.1, but I have some problems.

I have 2 GPUs. According to the GUIMINER, the card is the 7970 0-0 and the 7870 is 0-1, but with the CGMINER is backwards.

Now, in the PCIe 16x is connect 7870, and the PCIe 1x 7870

The 7870 with the MSI afterburner up to 1210. And the 7970 up to 1100

This is the configuration I use.

http://pool:port cgminer.exe-o-u username-p password-I 13 - auto-fan - auto-gpu - gpu-engine 1100,1210 - gpu-memclock 950.1060 - gpu -PowerTune 20,20

And I get these values

GPU 0 (7970) -> 680Mhash
GPU 1 (7870) -> 340Mhash

With GUIMINER the values ​​that I have are:

7970 -> 660Mhash
7870 -> 440Mhash

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Antuam

I have flip flopped my cards before and the still show up as the same GPU in CGMiner.  I dont know what determines it, and I dont care as long as it doesnt change and my settings get messed up. 

If you are using CGMiner to adjust your clocks, dont use MSI.  CGMiner can control all of your functions right from it (including voltage tweaking).

As for your settings, I think you may need to separate them out and use -d to declare the GPU number you are tweaking since they have different settings.  I havent had much success with that on the command line, I suck at that.  So I use a config file instead (have a 5870 and 5830 in same machine, one running at 1000 and other running at 950).
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1005
Hello.

First, sorry for my english.

I want to start using CGMINER 3.3.1, but I have some problems.

I have 2 GPUs. According to the GUIMINER, the card is the 7970 0-0 and the 7870 is 0-1, but with the CGMINER is backwards.

Now, in the PCIe 16x is connect 7870, and the PCIe 1x 7870

The 7870 with the MSI afterburner up to 1210. And the 7970 up to 1100

This is the configuration I use.

http://pool:port cgminer.exe-o-u username-p password-I 13 - auto-fan - auto-gpu - gpu-engine 1100,1210 - gpu-memclock 950.1060 - gpu -PowerTune 20,20

And I get these values

GPU 0 (7970) -> 680Mhash
GPU 1 (7870) -> 340Mhash

With GUIMINER the values ​​that I have are:

7970 -> 660Mhash
7870 -> 440Mhash

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Antuam
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I don't understand how bfgminer got this working without zadig but cgminer needs it?
BFG and CGMiner both used to use the FTDI drivers for USB devices. CGMiner switched to libusb, but requires you to reinstall new drivers. Once you do it one, it should be all set.

I understand that part, but why make people do the extra step?  bfgminer doesn't need it when ASIC's are run there.
Because direct USB is better, plain and simple.

(inb4 Luke-jr's trolling)

Define better.  Hashes more?
Once it's working properly (see caveats regarding multiple lancelot based hardware not working properly so far), lower overhead, lower cpu, scaleable to higher hashrates for the same hardware, less points of failure (no driver between cgminer and the device), lower latencies and finer control over the device. See the Avalon and BFLSC performance for examples of it working successfully.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Hello,
On my Raspberry Pi I am having the issue described here (describing the same issue in Ubuntu 12.04LTS):

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/11829/bitcoin-erupters-not-stable-on-ubuntu-and-cgminer-3-3

Basically in 3.3.1 (or 3.2.1, 3.2.0) with 1 USB AsicMiner Erupter, on a USB2.0 hub all is good hashing around 333MHs stable. If I add a second stick (or more) hashrate jumps all around with all chips eventually getting SICK and restarting. Built following instructions and verifying prereqs.

I'm rebuilding an Ubuntu box to try to reproduce there.

Any tips on something I may be doing wrong or ideas on the problem?
Only cgminer 3.1.1 is stable with that hardware, using the old serial usb interface. We moved to a new driver model from 3.2.0+ for this sort of hardware and it has proved problematic for this hardware when multiple are in use. Oh and we do update our code a LOT, it's just that we hit a snag with this hardware and the new driver model and have as yet been unable to resolve it.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Hello,
On my Raspberry Pi I am having the issue described here (describing the same issue in Ubuntu 12.04LTS):

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/11829/bitcoin-erupters-not-stable-on-ubuntu-and-cgminer-3-3

Basically in 3.3.1 (or 3.2.1, 3.2.0) with 1 USB AsicMiner Erupter, on a USB2.0 hub all is good hashing around 333MHs stable. If I add a second stick (or more) hashrate jumps all around with all chips eventually getting SICK and restarting. Built following instructions and verifying prereqs.

I'm rebuilding an Ubuntu box to try to reproduce there.

Any tips on something I may be doing wrong or ideas on the problem?
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
As a slightly alternitive way to how kano does it you can use this PHP function from MinePeon;-

Code:
function cgminer($command, $parameter) {

$command = array (
"command"  => $command,
"parameter" => $parameter
);

$jsonCmd = json_encode($command);

$host = "127.0.0.1";
$port = 4028;

$client = stream_socket_client("tcp://$host:$port", $errno, $errorMessage);

if ($client === false) {
throw new UnexpectedValueException("Failed to connect: $errorMessage");
}
fwrite($client, $jsonCmd);
$responce = stream_get_contents($client);
fclose($client);
$responce = preg_replace("/[^[:alnum:][:punct:]]/","",$responce);
$responce = json_decode($responce, true);
return $responce;

}

Using that and the API-README you can get cgminer to do anything you want, for example;-

cgminer("restart", "");

Will restart your miner and;-

$stats = cgminer("devs", "");

Will return a nicely formatted array with all of your mining devices stats.

Neil

(P.S. look at https://github.com/MineForeman/MinePeonWebUI if you want more examples)
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
I have a bunch of scripts I run that do certain tests.

This (old) one checks if an ICA hasn't returned a share in too long.
On the old serial-USB the ICA would just stop returning results for no reason on rare occasions.
A cgminer restart (basically resetting the serial-USB connection completely) would clear the problem.
So it sends a quit to cgminer if it detects that situation.

Obviously it doesn't contain everything required, but consider it a starting point if you want to do something.
i.e. do it yourself Tongue
Consider this a pointer to do something you want that's not really that difficult to do and the interface is already in cgminer.
i.e. no cgminer changes required.

... tools.php has e.g. all the socket/api code like in miner.php and sets $rigs and also has the msg()/txtmsg()/doabort()/dowarn() functions ... among other things
In my case the msg function runs a little java program I wrote to popup a windows on my screen with the message ...

Code:
session_start();
#
include_once('tools.php');
#
global $icas;
#
$icas = array(); // Rigs with ICA's
#
function process()
{
 global 
$miner$port;
 global 
$haderror$error$rigs;
 global 
$icas$dis;

if (
$rigs == null or count($rigs) == 0)
doabort("No rigs defined");

foreach (
$rigs as $rig)
 {
$now time();
if (isset($dis[$rig]))
{
if (($now $dis[$rig]) > 90)
{
unset($dis[$rig]);
txtmsg("Reenabling $rig");
}
else
continue;
}

$parts explode(':'$rig3);
if (count($parts) < 2)
doabort("Invalid rig '$rig'");
else
{
$miner $parts[0];
$port $parts[1];

$process0 getapi($rig'summary');
if ($process0 === false)
continue;

if (!isset($process0['SUMMARY']['Elapsed']))
{
handle($rig"Error on '$rig'\n(Missing SUMMARY/Elapsed)");
continue;
}

$el $process0['SUMMARY']['Elapsed'];

$process getapi($rig'devs');
if ($process === false)
continue;

$now time();
$when $process['STATUS']['When'];

if (isset($process['STATUS']['Description']))
$des $process['STATUS']['Description'];
else
$des $rig;

$gotone false;
foreach ($process as $dev => $details)
{
if (isset($details['Name']) && $details['Name'] == 'ICA')
{
$gotone true;

// force a message from each rig with an ICA
if (!isset($icas[$rig]))
{
$icas[$rig] = 'on';
msg("Monitoring: ICAs on $des");
}

if (isset($details['Last Valid Work']))
{
// Give it 60s
if ($el 60 && $el 5184000// 60days
{
$lst $details['Last Valid Work'];

if (($when $lst) > 180)
{
msg("$dev=ICA".$details['ID']." on $des (Elapsed=$el when-lst=".($when-$lst).")\nSending API quit (then sleeping for 900s)");

$process api('quit');

sleep(900);
}
}
}
}
}

if (!$gotone)
{
$dis[$rig] = time() + (60*60*24*365.25*10);

dowarn("$des has no ICAs\nRestart monitoring disabled");

if (count($dis) == count($rigs))
doabort("No rigs to monitor");
}
}
 }
}
#
while (true)
{

process();

sleep(5);
}
#
?>

Edit: oh yeah, I run cgminer in a loop so it always restarts after a quit (after a 5s sleep).
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
Ah, that's awesome. Thank you so much for pointing me at it. I've compiled cgminer and used it for a while but was not aware of the API stuff. Certainly wasn't aware of the php stuff included in the source these days.

So yes, I think you're right. I have the tools available and will get on with a monitoring thing.

Thanks Smiley
legendary
Activity: 896
FEATURE REQUEST

I may be overstepping my boundaries (sorry ckolivas & kano) but what you're asking is not really within the scope of what cgminer does.

On top of that, one of the things that cgminer actually does do (the api) is already in place to allow you to do what you're asking, you just need to implement it Tongue .

Just to point you in the right direction though, have a look at API-README and miner.php.  You will find everything you need in there.

Neil
Activity: 737
Merit: 500
FEATURE REQUEST

Be able to run a script if a USB unit has issues. Could pass USB ID as an argument to this script, then the script could take action to power cycle the device in question.

I have found web controlled power switches that would allow a computer to power cycle peripherals from a script. It would be really helpful if cgminer detects a problem with a device (or devices) to be able to run a script to be able to power cycle them.

At the simplest level, a script to power cycle the whole lot would be a good start. Being able to pass the USB ID of the device in question would allow just that device to be power cycled, for example.

I'm thinking about this under Linux, which is where I run my miners. So simply being able to run a shell script with parameters is what I'm after. Not sure how it would be handled under Windows ... .vbs? .wsh?

Maybe the script could email the admin too? Either way, if there is a 'trouble script' handle, it would be AWESOME Smiley

Prior to this enhancement being added (if it does get added), you could accomplish something similar by writing a script that polls the API every 30 seconds (or whatever) looking for unhealthy devices.  I have something similar that looks for a variety of issues on my devices (status other than "Alive", abnormally high HW errors or rejected shares, abnormally low hashrate, abnormal temp, etc.  It doesn't power cycle them (interesting idea), but rather just sends me an alert to do manual investigation and intervention.
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
FEATURE REQUEST

Be able to run a script if a USB unit has issues. Could pass USB ID as an argument to this script, then the script could take action to power cycle the device in question.

I have found web controlled power switches that would allow a computer to power cycle peripherals from a script. It would be really helpful if cgminer detects a problem with a device (or devices) to be able to run a script to be able to power cycle them.

At the simplest level, a script to power cycle the whole lot would be a good start. Being able to pass the USB ID of the device in question would allow just that device to be power cycled, for example.

I'm thinking about this under Linux, which is where I run my miners. So simply being able to run a shell script with parameters is what I'm after. Not sure how it would be handled under Windows ... .vbs? .wsh?

Maybe the script could email the admin too? Either way, if there is a 'trouble script' handle, it would be AWESOME Smiley
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Yay zadig utility fucked up my ability to connect to my FPGA BFL MiniRig.  Sad

Is there a tutorial out there somewhere?  Maybe this can't be done on an older XP laptop?  Was working before just fine prior to this winusb garbage.  It appeared to install correctly but no com ports are recognized now.
Easy to undo.
Go under system, device manager, USB serial bus controllers. The device will be there. Tell Windows to upgrade the driver. It will install the old serial one. Open Zadig, show all devices, and administrator. use WinUSB and the version of Zadig in the FPGA-README to try again. It will work.

I went to Linux and found far less errors. Raspberry Pi's are cheap, capable and low power. Personally it was the best <$60 I spent case included. Good luck!

Sorry for the late reply.  Just wanted to say thank you regarding undoing the zadig.  I'm back up and running with the machine in question again.  I didn't try reinstalling zadig because the XP version doesn't seem to have the libusb 1.0 version that is recommended in the readme.
The binary release has the dll's you need (including libusb) ... so you messed up Tongue

... as I said last time ...
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2591941
Activity: 784
I don't understand how bfgminer got this working without zadig but cgminer needs it?
BFG and CGMiner both used to use the FTDI drivers for USB devices. CGMiner switched to libusb, but requires you to reinstall new drivers. Once you do it one, it should be all set.

I understand that part, but why make people do the extra step?  bfgminer doesn't need it when ASIC's are run there.
Because direct USB is better, plain and simple.

(inb4 Luke-jr's trolling)

Define better.  Hashes more?
Jump to: