Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 479. (Read 5805546 times)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Does anyone know if CGMINER supports the new firmware version of tml on the modminer quad?
Reason I ask is that I have mine flashed with newest firmware and can't get either to run on the new version of CGMINER 2.7.6  Linux 32 git or windows 64 bit or the older 2.7.4 version.

TIA for any info.

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Alright lets see how it goes
... and then if it works ... good Smiley
If it doesn't it's then possible to try and work out why without wasting time looking at old versions.

WORKING! Now trying to get litecoin mining working; suggesting my pool info was wrong but,

tried two pools, and tried to run compiling with the javascript setup: http://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,36.0.html

Should I restart? as cgminer for bitcoin has my memory speed low, i think i only have 2GB of ram but I have 3x5970's

I do have win7 64-bit...

EDIT: looks like it isn't balancing right. was balanced, then its becoming lopsided on the side that isn't the rolln or whatever type pool... or maybe just using the pool most thats on top of my list
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
... and then if it works ... good Smiley
If it doesn't it's then possible to try and work out why without wasting time looking at old versions.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
that parameter doesn't work ese

-balance or --balance, returns error
You should probably update then.

2.7.4 I get error cgminer.exe has stopped working, when using old settings or new --balance parameter, every other setting the same
... update ...

2.7.4 I get error cgminer.exe has stopped working, when using old settings or new --balance parameter, every other setting the same
Activity: 591

using v2.6.5 and load balance two pools but one is getting only 5mhash->100Mhash out of my 2.1ghash/s

any fixes for this problem in new versions?
Use balance instead. Load balance will heavily favor pools with rollntime enabled.

Activity: 591
using v2.6.5 and load balance two pools but one is getting only 5mhash->100Mhash out of my 2.1ghash/s

Use balance instead. Load balance will heavily favor pools with rollntime enabled.

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
You should be able to easily replicate this just by setting --thread-concurrency 12288 (which works fine on reaper).

I'm pretty sure the problem has to do with these lines,
Code:
clState->padbufsize = bufsize;
clState->padbuffer8 = clCreateBuffer(clState->context, CL_MEM_READ_WRITE, bufsize, NULL, &status);

For whatever reason your program is calculating 0 for the bufsize.  You should be able to step through this with a debugger and figure it out pretty easily I would presume.
I'm unable to reproduce this anywhere. Can you give me your whole command line minus any account details?

--scrypt -I 20 -g 1 -v 1 -w 256 --shaders 1792 --thread-concurrency 12288 or 24000

Off the top of my head

It's been a noted bug in the windows version since the tittiez beta builds
Now that is just bizarre. I tried it even on a windows machine and it didn't give me zero...

EDIT: Nm, can now reproduce.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
You should be able to easily replicate this just by setting --thread-concurrency 12288 (which works fine on reaper).

Code:
clState->padbuffer8 = clCreateBuffer(clState->context, CL_MEM_READ_WRITE, bufsize, NULL, &status);

For whatever reason your program is calculating 0 for the bufsize.  You should be able to step through this with a debugger and figure it out pretty easily I would presume.
I'm unable to reproduce this anywhere. Can you give me your whole command line minus any account details?

--scrypt -I 20 -g 1 -v 1 -w 256 --shaders 1792 --thread-concurrency 12288 or 24000

Off the top of my head

It's been a noted bug in the windows version since the tittiez beta builds
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/

Code:

For whatever reason your program is calculating 0 for the bufsize.  You should be able to step through this with a debugger and figure it out pretty easily I would presume.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Scrypt mining is still broken in that it can not utilize high thread concurrencies (I need to use a thread concurrency of 24000 for my 7950s to mine effectively).  The bug seems to be with the calculation for memory allocation.  It can be easily duplicated by setting the thread concurrency above 8192, eg 12288.  In reaper, any thread concurrency may be used as long as it is a multiple of 64 and produces a memory padding that fits within the card's memory space.

Using "set GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100" in Windows allows the program to run, but it doesn't hash at all and does not create a memory pad on the GPU.

I reported this several weeks ago and it still hasn't been addressed.
That's cause I have no idea what the problem is. Setting GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT does nothing on windows, only linux.

Code:
 [2012-10-05 16:01:03] Started cgminer 2.7.6
 [2012-10-05 16:01:04] Probing for an alive pool
 [2012-10-05 16:01:04] Long-polling activated for http://ltc.kattare.com:9332/LP

[2012-10-05 16:01:06] LONGPOLL from pool 0 detected new block
 [2012-10-05 16:01:15] Maximum buffer memory device 0 supports says 524288000, your scrypt settings come to 0
 [2012-10-05 16:01:15] Error -61: clCreateBuffer (padbuffer8), decrease CT or increase LG
 [2012-10-05 16:01:15] Failed to init GPU thread 0, disabling device 0
 [2012-10-05 16:01:15] Restarting the GPU from the menu will not fix this.
 [2012-10-05 16:01:15] Try restarting cgminer.
Press enter to continue:

There's the error code for you.

Code:
Right, that is  the code indeed. The fact it's reading zero is worrying, and looks like it might well be a buffer overflow. It will set it to whatever you choose regardless if it can instead of what it detects as the maximum. However clCreateBuffer takes a size_t variable as the buffer size, and by definition that's a 32 bit unsigned integer. The problem with that is it's impossible to be larger than 2^32. Hrm... let's see

size_t bufsize = 128 * ipt * cgpu->thread_concurrency;

ipt is an unsigned integer, but thread_concurrency is a signed one. Maybe that's all there is to the overflow. I'll dick around with it before the next release.

EDIT: and by the way, I can't replicate any of this without windows...
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Scrypt mining is still broken in that it can not utilize high thread concurrencies (I need to use a thread concurrency of 24000 for my 7950s to mine effectively).  The bug seems to be with the calculation for memory allocation.  It can be easily duplicated by setting the thread concurrency above 8192, eg 12288.  In reaper, any thread concurrency may be used as long as it is a multiple of 64 and produces a memory padding that fits within the card's memory space.

Using "set GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100" in Windows allows the program to run, but it doesn't hash at all and does not create a memory pad on the GPU.

I reported this several weeks ago and it still hasn't been addressed.
That's cause I have no idea what the problem is. Setting GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT does nothing on windows, only linux.

Code:
 [2012-10-05 16:01:04] Probing for an alive pool
 [2012-10-05 16:01:04] Long-polling activated for http://ltc.kattare.com:9332/LP

[2012-10-05 16:01:06] LONGPOLL from pool 0 detected new block
 [2012-10-05 16:01:15] Maximum buffer memory device 0 supports says 524288000, your scrypt settings come to 0
 [2012-10-05 16:01:15] Error -61: clCreateBuffer (padbuffer8), decrease CT or increase LG
 [2012-10-05 16:01:15] Failed to init GPU thread 0, disabling device 0
 [2012-10-05 16:01:15] Restarting the GPU from the menu will not fix this.
 [2012-10-05 16:01:15] Try restarting cgminer.
Press enter to continue:

There's the error code for you.

Code:

Activity: 467
Merit: 250
 which tag/target in the makefile makes a bundle ready for binary download (precompiled) without .o files, etc?

Activity: 626
Mining since May 2011.
Cant get CG miner to recognize a BFL single

used --scan-serial     in Command to find but not recognized

Any ideas?

What OS?
Windows 7

Try it like this maybe: (Match the COM port up to what you see in Device Manager)
cgminer.exe -S bitforce://./COM4 -o site:port -u worker -p pass

Here it is listed in Device Manager  Port_#0004.Hub_#0003

So enter this whole command in CGminer exe  "[W]rite config file" ?    cgminer.exe -S bitforce://./COM0004 -o site:port -u worker -p pass

Not sure, I just run it like I wrote it above in a batch file. In Device Manager it should show up under Ports. Try the COM port that is shown under that.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0

Any ideas?

What OS?
Windows 7

Try it like this maybe: (Match the COM port up to what you see in Device Manager)

So enter this whole command in CGminer exe  "[W]rite config file" ?    cgminer.exe -S bitforce://./COM0004 -o site:port -u worker -p pass

Also, make sure you are not running EasyMiner at the same time. Only 1 application at a time can "see" the BFL on the USB port.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Any ideas?

What OS?
Windows 7

Jump to: