Pages:
Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 52. (Read 5805508 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Has anyone here compiled latest cgminer  for the Cointerra boxes?
I really would like to upgrade the software but I have no clue on how to cross compile myself.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
I'm looking to upgrade my cgminer version on my multiple C1's that I have. I saw the directions for the S3, but that was a patched/compiled file that you just needed to copy over, which I tried anyway and it didn't work on the C1. Is there a way to update or at least temporarily update the cgminer on the Antminer C1 or is this all through Bitmain? I don't think a new firmware is coming, and I like to keep the mining SW up to date. I'd even be willing to "donate" a little bit for a working pre-compiled/patched cgminer file if that can be done? Of course I know everytime I power off the unit I will need to copy the file back onto the system, but it is dooable.
What is the C1 a variant of? S3? S4? S5?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
I'm looking to upgrade my cgminer version on my multiple C1's that I have. I saw the directions for the S3, but that was a patched/compiled file that you just needed to copy over, which I tried anyway and it didn't work on the C1. Is there a way to update or at least temporarily update the cgminer on the Antminer C1 or is this all through Bitmain? I don't think a new firmware is coming, and I like to keep the mining SW up to date. I'd even be willing to "donate" a little bit for a working pre-compiled/patched cgminer file if that can be done? Of course I know everytime I power off the unit I will need to copy the file back onto the system, but it is dooable.

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1162
Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain
how to update cgminer in the raspberry pi, i have compiled script installed but having dated version
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Is it possible to make Cgminer 4.9.1 runnning on Raspberry Pi ? and how ?

Thanks Smiley
Just compile it as per the README
Nothing different to compiling on ubuntu ... except it takes about 20minutes from autogen to executable on an RPi

I don't know what "compil" is. i'm not a linux expert... only windows.  Do you know any tutorial for it ?

Thanks.

You realize that the RPi uses linux, not windows, right?

For your question, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compiler

I know that raspberry minepeon use archlinux
i know what compile mean but i don't know ho to compile cgminer to work on raspberry...

... that's why is said "as per the README" ... you have seen the README right?

If you need lessons on how to use linux, then that's not gonna be answered here ... try google to learn about computers.
Activity: 13

Thanks Smiley
Nothing different to compiling on ubuntu ... except it takes about 20minutes from autogen to executable on an RPi

I don't know what "compil" is. i'm not a linux expert... only windows.  Do you know any tutorial for it ?

Thanks.

I know that raspberry minepeon use archlinux
i know what compile mean but i don't know ho to compile cgminer to work on raspberry...
legendary

Thanks Smiley

I don't know what "compil" is. i'm not a linux expert... only windows.  Do you know any tutorial for it ?

Thanks.

Thanks Smiley

Thanks.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Im using cgminer with my KNC JUPITIER

is there anyway to temporarily disable mining within the software?

Going to Devices in the settings only lets you disable a core but there are 500 cores each.
No there isn't.
Activity: 3
Hi

I'm running 2 cointerra miners and as the company cointerra has now filed for chapter 7 (bankruptcy) they will not support the hardware any more.

As of this I want to update the cgminer software on them. Currently running 4.3.5 on them.
I downloaded the source-tarball for 49.1 and want to cross compile it on a ubuntu X64 server and then move the binary over to the beaglebone controlling the boxes.

I have googled alot and can't find a good instruction on how to do this. Also tried to copy the source to the box itself and compile it there but it wouldn't even unpack from the tarball.
I got the error "tar: invalid tar magic"

So, does anyone have a good instruction or information on how to cross compile cgminer for me?

Right now I can get it compiled running on x64 but that's not a working solution for me.
legendary

Thanks Smiley

Thanks Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Im using cgminer with my KNC JUPITIER

is there anyway to temporarily disable mining within the software?

Going to Devices in the settings only lets you disable a core but there are 500 cores each.
legendary
Works for me, thanks.

Same hold true for miners connected to my network via ethernet cable, just unplug it if it needs to go off line, then plug it back in and it fires up again?

Under what scenarios would someone use the {U}nplug to allow hotplug restart and/or {E}nable/{D}isable device?
Network devices will have their own cgminer running in them, so basically it's turn them off/on to stop/start them.
legendary
Works for me, thanks.

Same hold true for miners connected to my network via ethernet cable, just unplug it if it needs to go off line, then plug it back in and it fires up again?

Under what scenarios would someone use the {U}nplug to allow hotplug restart and/or {E}nable/{D}isable device?
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself
If I want to unplug one of my usb miners and leave the other running, are the correct steps: {U}sb managment-{U}nplug to allow hotplug restart?  Or do I {U}-{D}isable device?

Just unplug it from the USB port.  When you want to run it again just plug it back in.
legendary
If I want to unplug one of my usb miners and leave the other running, are the correct steps: {U}sb managment-{U}nplug to allow hotplug restart?  Or do I {U}-{D}isable device?
Ok but

Like I said, there is a config file on minepeon and old cgminer start even i type only "cgminer"
New Cgminer no.

And, thanks for your help if you can explain me how create a conf file on linux because i have no idea... :/

Smiley

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Anyone could help me ?

I Try to do working my antminer U3 on Cgminer on minepeon, i have updated 4.0.1 version included by a 4.9.1 version following a tutorial on internet. But cgminer don't start...

I go on SSH on opt/minepeon/bin/ and i launch cgminer with some arguments like -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf but nothing append.

Anybody could help me ?

Thanks.
There is no file ending with ".conf" until you have created one. Thus the reason it shuts down.
Anyone could help me ?

I Try to do working my antminer U3 on Cgminer on minepeon, i have updated 4.0.1 version included by a 4.9.1 version following a tutorial on internet. But cgminer don't start...

I go on SSH on opt/minepeon/bin/ and i launch cgminer with some arguments like -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf but nothing append.

Anybody could help me ?

Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: