Pages:
Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 56. (Read 5805508 times)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
From reading the change log it seems that CGMiner will support Butterfly Labs Monarch's, but when I look at the Monarch specifications, it says it only supports BFGMiner.  Why is that?  I'd prefer to stay with CGMiner for my Monarchs.
The "relationship" between bfl and cgminer has always been awkward and strained. They've never directly supported running cgminer on it and they employed the fork miner author to write their official driver, though they then sent us devices to write drivers for them. Cgminer supports the monarchs fine, even if BFL doesn't say so.

Thank you!  I'll continue to use CGMiner.

--E
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
From reading the change log it seems that CGMiner will support Butterfly Labs Monarch's, but when I look at the Monarch specifications, it says it only supports BFGMiner.  Why is that?  I'd prefer to stay with CGMiner for my Monarchs.
The "relationship" between bfl and cgminer has always been awkward and strained. They've never directly supported running cgminer on it and they employed the fork miner author to write their official driver, though they then sent us devices to write drivers for them. Cgminer supports the monarchs fine, even if BFL doesn't say so.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
From reading the change log it seems that CGMiner will support Butterfly Labs Monarch's, but when I look at the Monarch specifications, it says it only supports BFGMiner.  Why is that?  I'd prefer to stay with CGMiner for my Monarch's.

Specifications are here:
  http://www.butterflylabs.com/upload/manuals/monarch_specifications_and_setup_guide.pdf

--E
Activity: 166
Merit: 100
Developer
Please check the new item, because I have changed the before link and content.

Thank you very much.
Developer
Hello,

can anybody say to me how to get the file log, please?

I want to generate this file in my computer too and link it to this thread.

Thank you very much.

p.d. I compiled sucessfully the cgminer-master and I added --enable-icarus to the AMU, --enable-bitforce and --enable-bflsc to the jalapeño, into linux, and only get that connect the AMU unit.
I already gave you all the instructions above. Posting the same question over and over again only annoys everyone and I will delete any copies of the same question.

start it with the extra options "-D -T 2>log.txt"

Excuse to me Sir.,
I wasn't sure if you were typing that to me, excuse to me again, please.
Here you have what you need, I hope be well:
https://app.box.com/s/pr52ffsusnexi27743nb
Thank you very much.
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself
Adding the BET:0 to my command line did the trick.  Everything is running fine now.
Thanks Sam, in which case can I ask one more thing to try. Please redownload that temp binary (which I've updated) and use it without the BET:0 addition?

Done.  Working great.  It did take longer to startup.
Thanks again,
Sam
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Hello,

can anybody say to me how to get the file log, please?

I want to generate this file in my computer too and link it to this thread.

Thank you very much.

p.d. I compiled sucessfully the cgminer-master and I added --enable-icarus to the AMU, --enable-bitforce and --enable-bflsc to the jalapeño, into linux, and only get that connect the AMU unit.
I already gave you all the instructions above. Posting the same question over and over again only annoys everyone and I will delete any copies of the same question.

start it with the extra options "-D -T 2>log.txt"
Developer
Adding the BET:0 to my command line did the trick.  Everything is running fine now.
Thanks Sam, in which case can I ask one more thing to try. Please redownload that temp binary (which I've updated) and use it without the BET:0 addition?
cgminer.exe???
I am using linux!
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
legendary
Think for yourself
That's probably a new battle with AM's broken blockerupter driver.

sigh...

Sure why not give me the log to confirm. Thanks.

Here you go.  The original 4.9.0 worked with the BE's.  Please let me know if it is too much effort to run this down.  After reading your post about the new versions not adding anything for the older hardware I'm not sure how much work it's really worth.
Yes I'm aware the original 4.9.0 worked with the AMUs. I mean the recent piece of shit Asicminer hardware known as BET they generically called blockerupter still. The original binary I distributed did not contain the driver for it (that asicminer themselves contributed and never fixed) because it was broken. The binary you just downloaded contains the driver for the BET by request of someone earlier on this forum thread. It is indeed the conflict of that driver which actually releases the blockerupters but in the meantime it seems to have created a unique windows privilege conflict of some sort. I suspect that --usb BET:0 will fix that one for now but you may need to replug all your devices before trying again.

Thanks,
Sam
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/

sigh...

Here you go.  The original 4.9.0 worked with the BE's.  Please let me know if it is too much effort to run this down.  After reading your post about the new versions not adding anything for the older hardware I'm not sure how much work it's really worth.
Yes I'm aware the original 4.9.0 worked with the AMUs. I mean the recent piece of shit Asicminer hardware known as BET they generically called blockerupter still. The original binary I distributed did not contain the driver for it (that asicminer themselves contributed and never fixed) because it was broken. The binary you just downloaded contains the driver for the BET by request of someone earlier on this forum thread. It is indeed the conflict of that driver which actually releases the blockerupters but in the meantime it seems to have created a unique windows privilege conflict of some sort. I suspect that --usb BET:0 will fix that one for now but you may need to replug all your devices before trying again.
legendary
Think for yourself
The file exceeds the 64,000 character limit of the message so here's a link to it

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65145036/log.txt
Thanks Sam. I found the problem from your debug. If you're building on linux can you try latest git? If not, can you try the windows binary in temp here:
http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/temp/cgminer.exe

I dropped in the Windoze binary and the Jalapeno works, but now the Block Erupters don't.  You want a new log.txt?

sigh...

Here you go.  The original 4.9.0 worked with the BE's.  Please let me know if it is too much effort to run this down.  After reading your post about the new versions not adding anything for the older hardware I'm not sure how much work it's really worth.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65145036/log2.txt

Thanks,
Sam
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
The file exceeds the 64,000 character limit of the message so here's a link to it

Thanks Sam. I found the problem from your debug. If you're building on linux can you try latest git? If not, can you try the windows binary in temp here:

I dropped in the Windoze binary and the Jalapeno works, but now the Block Erupters don't.  You want a new log.txt?

sigh...

legendary
Think for yourself

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/

legendary
Think for yourself
Here they are, my two SHA-256 miners, I have tried to update to the cgminer-4.9.0, but it was impossible.
With cgminer-4.9.0 I only get that works the AMU unit.

While you can see a very funny screenshot of them running happyly into cgminer-4.8.0

Thank you very much.

I just tried CGMiner with my Jalapeno and found that it doesn't work as well.  CGMiner says no devices found but cgminer -n shows the Jalapeno as being there.  It has been working fine with 4.7.1 which is what I had been using.
I don't have any bfl hardware any more. Can someone who has one start it with the extra options "-D -T 2>log.txt" and after it's failed at startup stop it and post the output of log.txt here (preferably within code tags).

Developer
Here they are, my two SHA-256 miners, I have tried to update to the cgminer-4.9.0, but it was impossible.

While you can see a very funny screenshot of them running happyly into cgminer-4.8.0

Thank you very much.

I just tried CGMiner with my Jalapeno and found that it doesn't work as well.  CGMiner says no devices found but cgminer -n shows the Jalapeno as being there.  It has been working fine with 4.7.1 which is what I had been using.
I don't have any bfl hardware any more. Can someone who has one start it with the extra options "-D -T 2>log.txt" and after it's failed at startup stop it and post the output of log.txt here (preferably within code tags).

Hello,

I promise doing and doing very well if you can give to me a little explanation of what I must done, I want to say what kind of test must I do, or what command and specifics parameters have I to write, please?

The Jalapeño cost to me near of three hundred dollars or euros, I'm not sure of all, and it arrived more or less six (6) months later of the date of the buy. Then to me is very important to have it connected and working very well as is mandatory, do you know?. The cgminer-4.8.0-linux-x86_64 works very well but I would preffer if it is possible to update to the most recent update of it. I have read the changes in the new version and I have seen some points which could be the cause to the miners don't connect as in the previous version of cgminer.

Thank you very much by your fast answer.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Having in issue with 4.9.0 on the r-pi.  I have 10 Antminer devices (ANU).  During initialization, a few of them will initialize as U3 devices (AU3) and repeatedly fail until I disable the USB port and re-enable.  After the hot plug logic correctly detects that they are ANU devices and they run perfectly.  Is there a way to tell cgminer to use only a single device type (ANU) or identify which device type is plugged into which port and defeat the automatic detection logic?

Try excluding the AU3.  I had a similar problem with my BAJ being detected as a BXM until I excluded it in an earlier version of CGMiner.

Sorry, but how do I exclude the AU3?  Is that a run-time command line parameter or a configuration parameter prior to the build?

It's a command line parameter.  It's in the ASIC Readme, or should be at least.

To disable detection of the false BXM I had to add "--usb BF1:0".  I don't know what the driver instance name for your false AU3 is.

The documentation would seem to indicate I can only exclude all Icarus driver devices, not specific types.  I tried "--usb AU3:0" and it gave me a message to the effect that there was not driver named AU3.
This is correct. Too many manufacturers have devices with the same communication chips without anything to identify them apart and as new devices come out with the same chip it gets harder and harder to support the older devices. As of late there's no strong reason for people with old hardware to update to the latest version anyway since they're usually just support for new devices. A major rewrite would be required to choose devices by subname and since it's to support older hardware it's hard to justify the effort required. I'm continually adding tweaks for cgminer to try and properly identify them apart but it's an endless battle.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/

Thank you very much.

I just tried CGMiner with my Jalapeno and found that it doesn't work as well.  CGMiner says no devices found but cgminer -n shows the Jalapeno as being there.  It has been working fine with 4.7.1 which is what I had been using.
legendary
Think for yourself

Thank you very much.

Pages:
Jump to: