Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 560. (Read 5805546 times)

legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1208
This is not OK.
Is the mod miner included in the build script yet?
Nothing in the readme about the build option for the modminer, nor in ./configure --help.

Edit: Ah, needed to do a re-autogen.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
kanoi, why does his work?
My guess is the problem depends on different 32bit implementations on the 64bit windows versions and the bug that I guess might be in different Windows 64bit->32bit Serial/USB code.

e.g. in Win7-64bit there is a limit of 8 USB devices when running 32 bit (XP) mode
(according to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/windows-7-xp-mode-usb-limit/ff50b790-6e6e-47e4-8f48-5727896f5aeb )
xDGDZEx had the problem when he hit 7 or 8 BFL's (not 9)
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/problems-with-cgminer-241-and-singles-80852
The first problem there actually suggests it may even be opening and closing valid devices multiple times (but it also happens on invalid devices)

The only change relevant to FPGA in the versions he compared was that Icarus opened the devices first (and failed) then BFL opened the devices but ran out before it got to 8 devices.
The previous version worked where it did the BFL code first so the BFL's all opened successfully

I came to the uncertain conclusion that the problem was that the open code in windows seems to sometimes identify bitforce:\\.\COMn as a USB name and allocated some resource to it but then failed to open it (as expected) but returned an error without always releasing the resource
I was hoping for xDGDZEx to test the change but I've not seen him in IRC since I last PM'd him.

The code change was to not attempt to open the invalid device names (and hopefully solve the problem if it is a windows bug)

That same code change worked for you bitpop so again I'm guessing it's related to a USB count issue in your different version of windows.

Either way, the change isn't a problem in any way (it simply stops doing the "expected to fail" opens) and if that solves the problems for some people - good Smiley
legendary
Activity: 626
Merit: 500
Mining since May 2011.
BitMinerN8, that wont work for me until kanoi gave me a special patch. are you by chance using 32 bit?

I am running Win 7 x64.
legendary
BitMinerN8, that wont work for me until kanoi gave me a special patch. are you by chance using 32 bit?
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Activity: 626
Mining since May 2011.
Can someone please help with cgminer and 4 BFLs in windows?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/need-help-with-cgminer-bfl-and-scan-serial-87116
Thank you Smiley

I would verify that the BFL's are seen in device manager under ports and note what COM they are listed under.

This is what is working for me with Win7 x64, cgminer 2.4.2, (1) 5870, & (4) BFL Singles.

Code:
cgminer.exe -u worker -p pass -o site:8332 -S bitforce://./COM4 -S bitforce://./COM5 -S bitforce://./COM6 -S bitforce://./COM7 --intensity 9 --auto-fan --auto-gpu --gpu-engine 875 --gpu-memclock 500
legendary
I have a pull request up to tidy this up and maybe fix your problem:
 https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/pull/215
If you come to FreeNode IRC #cgminer I'll give you a windows executable compiled with that pull request
My IRC name is kanoi (and I'm one of the two ops in #cgminer - ckolivas (aka conman) is the other of course)
.. and we can see if it sorts it out for you Smiley
legendary
Activity: 344
Merit: 250
Do you know how long the primary pool has to be down before cgminer will switch to the backup pool in failover-only mode?  And is there a setting somewhere to adjust it?

Thanks.
Activity: 591
I'm liking MaxBTC a bit more right now. Lower ping for me and I just like supporting smaller pools. I am sending half of my Namecoins to Ozcoin though. Smiley
legendary
Hi. I'm having some issues, I don't know if it's because of the miner or the pool. When my miner(cgminer 2.4.2) detects by longpoll a new block, the following shares are rejected(like 10). I'm having total 6% rejects because of this. Does anyone experiences that?(I'm with Slush)
What hardware and what worker hash rates?
The hash rates matter coz on slush the lower your worker hash rate the later you get the LP.
(so yes you will certainly get more stales if your worker hash rate is lower than average on slush)

I have total 2300 MH/s working, I'm having troubles with my 1300 MH/s rig and both of my 500 MH/s rigs.
Try a different pool then.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/0thozcoin-pooled-mining-dgm-1stratumvardiff-port-80new-cn-mining-14085
and see if that makes a difference.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
I have run my CGminer about 7 days, and i have about 11 Rigs with 5x 5850 and until today morning i found that some of my CGminer Freeze and stop sending share and i found some funny figure when i freeze something like "LW:50" and high figure around beside "LW"

where some of my CGminer still running fine thich is "LW:0"

you can see that on top of the cgminer !

anyone pls help

i cannot provide screen shot because it is not convenient and it is far from my house to warehouse

so anyone pls help if it happen again i will get the screen shot

sry for my English !
The LW value is almost certainly completely unrelated. If it crashes at approximately 7 days, then you are being hit by the ATI Display Library crashing after a week bug that happens only on windows. Try starting cgminer with --no-restart . You will lose temperature and/or fanspeed monitoring after a week but it at least wont crash.

I have tried the --no-restart but still no luck cg miner crash after 7 days

and some of my miner appear something like gpu2 display driver corrupted, disabling monitoring fan/gpu control  ................ and then it freeze the same

please i need solution for this anyone please tell me !

akbash  Wink
Activity: 506
Hi. I'm having some issues, I don't know if it's because of the miner or the pool. When my miner(cgminer 2.4.2) detects by longpoll a new block, the following shares are rejected(like 10). I'm having total 6% rejects because of this. Does anyone experiences that?(I'm with Slush)
The hash rates matter coz on slush the lower your worker hash rate the later you get the LP.
(so yes you will certainly get more stales if your worker hash rate is lower than average on slush)

I have total 2300 MH/s working, I'm having troubles with my 1300 MH/s rig and both of my 500 MH/s rigs.
legendary
Activity: 506
Activity: 591
So after updating to 2.4.2, I decided to try switching to 2 threads per GPU again. The problem is still there; my display GPU starts to function really slowly, both mining and drawing my desktop. It's on dynamic intensity which means it's still only running on 1 thread, right? Why would enabling 2 threads affect it at all?

I have my .sh script set to run the export commands:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
export DISPLAY=:0
~/Dropbox/cgminer/cgminer -c ~/Dropbox/cgminer/cgminer.conf

Is that maybe my problem? Not sure what could possibly be causing this.
Thought I'd post a screenshot of my GPU status page to show what's going on. I tried switching the intensities so that the non-display GPU was on dynamic intensity and the same thing happened to that card. They're both 6870s, but I run the display GPU a little slower because it has a tendency to run a bit hotter than the other one.

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Calm down guys, for fuck's sake it's not like he's a botnet operator asking for help (which has happened).
legendary
It became other peoples business when you asked other people to help you steal from your employer.

In my 20+ years of being involved in various online groups of some sort or another (first it was BBS's, then Listservs, then Usenet, and now online forums), I've never encountered a "community" as unhelpful and as vitriolic as this one. And that's saying a lot.

I think my "situation" hit a little too close to home for some, and that's why they have reacted in the hateful, uncalled-for manner in which they did.

Now let's get back on topic.
No, the issue is as simple as stated before, you are doing something that you can EXPECT people to not want to help you with.
Asking people to help you steal something is quite a REASONABLE reason to respond negatively to your request.
It is certainly NOT "uncalled-for"

You're a noob here, get with the program.

P.S. many people here have been online for 20 years ... there's nothing special about that on this forum.
Jump to: