Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 555. (Read 5805546 times)

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
I am trying do build the CGMiner 2.4.3 for an AT91SAM9G45 (it's an Arm) Hardware. but it fails.

configure works fine. i doing it this way.
 CC=arm-linux-gcc AR=arm-linux-ar RANLIB=arm-linux-ranlib ./configure --build=arm-linux --target=arm-linux --prefix=/usr --host=arm
but when i 'make', i get this error:

Code:
make[2]: Betrete Verzeichnis '/usr/local/src/cgminer-2.4.3'
  CC       cgminer-logging.o
In file included from logging.c:13:
miner.h:471: error: expected ')' before '*' token
miner.h:477: error: expected ')' before '*' token
miner.h:483: error: expected ')' before '*' token
miner.h:489: error: expected ')' before '*' token
miner.h:494: error: expected ')' before '*' token
miner.h:505: error: expected ')' before '*' token
miner.h:529: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'netacc_lock'
make[2]: *** [cgminer-logging.o] Fehler 1
make[2]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/usr/local/src/cgminer-2.4.3'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/usr/local/src/cgminer-2.4.3'
make: *** [all] Fehler 2

the miner.h looks good for me.
From the looks of that, it appears your architecture does not support read write locks. i.e. it has no pthread_rwlock_t implementation.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
I am trying do build the CGMiner 2.4.3 for an AT91SAM9G45 (it's an Arm) Hardware. but it fails.

configure works fine. i doing it this way.
 CC=arm-linux-gcc AR=arm-linux-ar RANLIB=arm-linux-ranlib ./configure --build=arm-linux --target=arm-linux --prefix=/usr --host=arm
but when i 'make', i get this error:

Code:
make[2]: Betrete Verzeichnis '/usr/local/src/cgminer-2.4.3'
  CC       cgminer-logging.o
In file included from logging.c:13:
miner.h:471: error: expected ')' before '*' token
miner.h:477: error: expected ')' before '*' token
miner.h:483: error: expected ')' before '*' token
miner.h:489: error: expected ')' before '*' token
miner.h:494: error: expected ')' before '*' token
miner.h:505: error: expected ')' before '*' token
miner.h:529: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'netacc_lock'
make[2]: *** [cgminer-logging.o] Fehler 1
make[2]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/usr/local/src/cgminer-2.4.3'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/usr/local/src/cgminer-2.4.3'
make: *** [all] Fehler 2

the miner.h looks good for me.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Code:

./configure --help | grep modminer
  --enable-modminer       Compile support for ModMiner FPGAs(default disabled)

How do I compile this for windows.

This is already built into the windows binary on the latest release, so if it's not working, it's something else...
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
CGminer is not seeing my ModMiner Quad. Any ideas. it says the driver is installed ok.

Phil

Believe the support for it is in the version 2.4.3b if I remember well enough the post by kano I believe it was that said that, so have you that version installed.

Where is kano's 2.4.3b located?

Just need a regular git clone of the latest source then compile as I just checked and the option is there in my fresh 2.4.3 I compiled last night.

Code:

--enable-modminer       Compile support for ModMiner FPGAs(default disabled)

Damn, no clue on that never use it you may want to check in the Mod Miner thread/on web site to see they must have miner for it in one of them places.

I checked and there is nothing there.

That makes no sense how are people mining with them then? Unless they are using the modular python miner I believe it is called other that and not owning one of them I'm out of ideas..
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
CGminer is not seeing my ModMiner Quad. Any ideas. it says the driver is installed ok.

Phil

Believe the support for it is in the version 2.4.3b if I remember well enough the post by kano I believe it was that said that, so have you that version installed.

Just need a regular git clone of the latest source then compile as I just checked and the option is there in my fresh 2.4.3 I compiled last night.

Code:

Damn, no clue on that never use it you may want to check in the Mod Miner thread/on web site to see they must have miner for it in one of them places.

I checked and there is nothing there.

Phil

Code:

Phil

Code:

Phil

Code:

Phil

Phil

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

Phil
Activity: 29
This isn't the place to learn that, much better to use stackoverflow.com

Thank you for the reference, I'll check it out

hmm. That is a different version than I have. I have 4.6.2.

When I am done with my new server build/config I will move my mingw directory and follow the instructions line by line and see if it still works. If it does not work, I will update the instructions and re-submit them to be included in the next release of Cgminer.

And of course I will also post it here as well.

It might be as much as a week before I can get to it though, so you may want to have someone compile it for you in the meantime.

Ok I know somebody who might be able to help me, I was just trying to get this stuff on my own before go around asking for help.  Thank you everyone who's responded to me with help.
Activity: 383
i got version 4.7.0

hmm. That is a different version than I have. I have 4.6.2.

When I am done with my new server build/config I will move my mingw directory and follow the instructions line by line and see if it still works. If it does not work, I will update the instructions and re-submit them to be included in the next release of Cgminer.

And of course I will also post it here as well.

It might be as much as a week before I can get to it though, so you may want to have someone compile it for you in the meantime.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
This isn't the place to learn that, much better to use stackoverflow.com
Activity: 29
Could someone please explain to me how to make it so that my C compiler can make executable's.  This is the only issue that i'm having right now with building cgminer from the source code according to the windows-build text file.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Nope, no workie. I set load balance on btcguild + my p2pool node and  despite of proper message not getting longpools form my P2pool that way. When I set only P2pool - no problem.
Well I`ll use old version ;]
Seriously, using p2pool with *any* other pool only makes sense in --failover-only mode since it's effectively a different block chain.
legendary
Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003
Don`t panic! Organize!
After 2.3.4 if main pool is not supporting long pooling cgminer is ignoring "work restart" message form backup pool.
It is intended or bugged?
If intended - it is possible to enable this via option?
If the main pool doesn't support longpoll, cgminer should pick a longpoll from your list of pools at startup to use with that pool anyway. This does not work if you add pools after startup though.

Yes it does now ignore longpolls from backup pools since that was a waste of work previously and was overloading pools' longpoll servers all over the place. There is no way to enable this now unless you move to rotate or load-balance pool strategies. In these strategies it will use longpolls from any servers that it has been getting work from until the block change: In the case of rotate it will likely still only be one pool unless you've just switched servers, but in the case of loadbalance it will be getting longpolls from every single pool.
Nope, no workie. I set load balance on btcguild + my p2pool node and  despite of proper message not getting longpools form my P2pool that way. When I set only P2pool - no problem.
Well I`ll use old version ;]
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
After 2.3.4 if main pool is not supporting long pooling cgminer is ignoring "work restart" message form backup pool.
It is intended or bugged?
If intended - it is possible to enable this via option?
If the main pool doesn't support longpoll, cgminer should pick a longpoll from your list of pools at startup to use with that pool anyway. This does not work if you add pools after startup though.

Yes it does now ignore longpolls from backup pools since that was a waste of work previously and was overloading pools' longpoll servers all over the place. There is no way to enable this now unless you move to rotate or load-balance pool strategies. In these strategies it will use longpolls from any servers that it has been getting work from until the block change: In the case of rotate it will likely still only be one pool unless you've just switched servers, but in the case of loadbalance it will be getting longpolls from every single pool.
Activity: 367
Writing
Code:
[S]
makes the forum render the following text as strikethrough. This has happened to the post before mine, but also to the first post of this thread.
Activity: 266
The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame
JackRabiit, there are over 290 pages, I'm new to this stuff,  I didn't find any "Example.configuration" file.  You could just direct me to the example page in state of been rude.

The forum is also supposed to help people not to speak arrogant and silly bullshit. If you don't know how to behave don't type.
When you actually run cgminer, one of the options When you press S should be [W] for writing a config file (usually cgminer.conf) that is a great place to start adding pools and such, as it is based on your working cgminer configuration. Hope this helps

EDIT: Figured out strikethrough issue...facepalm
Jump to: