Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 559. (Read 5805546 times)

Activity: 591
Merit: 500
-Linux binaries now compiled for Ubuntu 12.04
Perfect timing, I was just about to upgrade to 12.04. Smiley
Ed
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
is it old versions still supported?

where I can manual download
phatk110817Caymanbitalignv2w256long4.bin
phatk110817Cypressbitalignv2w256long4.bin
phatk110817Juniperbitalignv2w256long4.bin
kernels, because cgminer-2.1.2-win32 can't do that automatically?
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
kanoi, can i safely upgrade for bfl?
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
New release: Version 2.4.3, June 14 2012

Human readable changelog:

-Mod miner FPGA support.
-Fixes for load balance and rotate pool strategies
-GPU engine speed changes - will not increase GPU speed if the fanspeed is above the maximum.
-Improvements in detecting lagging pools
-Lots of other minor fixes
-Linux binaries now compiled for Ubuntu 12.04

Full Changelog:

- can_roll and should_roll should have no bearing on the cycle period within the
miner_thread so remove it.
- Check for strategy being changed to load balance when enabling LPs.
- Check that all threads on the device that called get_work are waiting on
getwork before considering the pool lagging.
- Iterate over each thread belonging to each device in the hashmeter instead of
searching for them now that they're a list.
- When using rotate pool strategy, ensure we only select from alive enabled
pools.
- Start longpoll from every pool when load balance strategy is in use.
- Add mandatory and block fields to the work struct. Flag any shares that are
detected as blocks as mandatory to submit, along with longpoll work from a
previously rejecting pool.
- Consider the fan optimal if fanspeed is dropping but within the optimal speed
window.
- Fix typo in some API messages (succeess/success)
- api.c MMQ stat bugs
- Bugfix: Fix warnings when built without libudev support
- Bugfix: slay a variety of warnings
- Bugfix: modminer: Fix unsigned/signed comparison and similar warnings
- API add ModMinerQuad support
- Bugfix: Honour forceauto parameter in serial_detect functions
- modminer: Temperature sensor improvements
- modminer: Make log messages more consistent in format
- Only adjust GPU speed up if the fanspeed is within the normal fanrange and
hasn't been turned to maximum speed under overheat conditions.
- ModMiner use valid .name
- New driver: BTCFPGA ModMiner
- Abstract generally useful FPGA code into fpgautils.c
- API add stats for pool getworks
- miner.php option to hide specific fields from the display
- miner.php add version numbers to the summary page
- Update debian configs to v2.4.2
- Add API and FPGA READMEs into Makefile to be included in source distribution.
- Icarus - fix unit64_t printf warnings
Activity: 981
DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize
I do appreciate your looking into it. It isn't as though the one single I own stopped working entirely. I would have to say CGminer is still superior. I was able to continue mining just at a reduced rate so thank you for that.
And Thank You for a great program!
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Alas both load balance and rotate are the poor cousins of the pool management strategies and none of the issues you described are ideal or expected. I shall look at them further, but the sheer nature of the lack of use of these strategies in the wild means the bugs are only now showing up and may or may not be fixable.
Activity: 981
DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize
I noticed two things last night when Eclipse was offline for a while.
1. With load balance set as my pool management strategy I had a huge drop in hashrate. Eclipse was marked as dead by CGminer.
I have no way of proving what I witnessed but with Eclipse dead I had server not providing work fast enough for both other pools as long as I used load balance.
2. After swapping to rotate I hoped to only use one pool at a time making possible communication with Eclipse stop. I suddenly had two issues
A. A disabled pool was suddenly getting hashes sent to it despite being disabled. Deleting did fix it but disabling should, I would think, make it not part of the rotation.
B. The rotation stopped every time Eclipse came up for its share of the time. I am not sure this is a bug per se, but it seems like a marked dead pool shouldn't get a full share of time with 0 work being sent or submitted. Possibly there is no failover in rotate and that would be my mistake.

I suppose I could have switched to a failover system and thereby curtailed the issue. This would leave me at a loss of hashing power at my secondary pool. I was using multiple pools to test if proportionally mining in relation to pool hashrate truely reduced my variance. So far the theory seems to hold with my results, more frequent smaller payouts.

Likely this is all expected. rotate just rotates with no logic applied besides the timer, load balance tries to send shares regardless of pool being dead or not. I appreciate the program very much. It is great. Normally I do not have much time with a pool down so I after more then a month finally noticed this.
Nothing to lose by trying. CPU usage often shoots up but it depends on the device and the driver combination, and bear in mind you will only be running 1 thread so it is slightly different. You can always change it on the fly from the menu and see.
Alright, I guess I'll keep it on 10 for a while; rejects seem to be minimal still. Let me know if you need any more info on the thread problem.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
You mean set it up to 10? I thought that was supposed to be a bad idea.
Nothing to lose by trying. CPU usage often shoots up but it depends on the device and the driver combination, and bear in mind you will only be running 1 thread so it is slightly different. You can always change it on the fly from the menu and see.
Yah I know, I'm not ignoring you, I just can't see wtf is happening for you. The performance advantage of 2 threads versus 1 isn't that huge mind you, so I'd suggest just bumping up the intensity by 1 on the dedicated mining GPUs and use 1 thread until I find the bug (whatever it is). No one needs the level of control to set the number of threads on a per-gpu basis really...
You mean set it up to 10? I thought that was supposed to be a bad idea.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Sounds like you want me to fix a possible bug by adding a feature instead?
Just throwing ideas out there since nobody seems to be in a hurry to try and figure it out. Undecided
Yah I know, I'm not ignoring you, I just can't see wtf is happening for you. The performance advantage of 2 threads versus 1 isn't that huge mind you, so I'd suggest just bumping up the intensity by 1 on the dedicated mining GPUs and use 1 thread until I find the bug (whatever it is). No one needs the level of control to set the number of threads on a per-gpu basis really...
Just throwing ideas out there since nobody seems to be in a hurry to try and figure it out. Undecided
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Is there a way that you could make the threads per GPU definable with a comma separated value? It seems like that could fix my problem; my display GPU looks like it's still trying to run 2 threads even though it's supposed to be dynamic.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
I have a serious performance problem with my mining setup that I'm hoping someone here can help with.

First of all, it isn't a dedicated miner - it's my desktop PC, running Windows 7 64-bit. I have a pair of HD 6670's in it, one is driving two monitors, the other is dedicated to mining. Before I screwed it up today, I was getting decent performance - about 110-115 Mhash/sec from both cards (the card driving the monitors was set at dynamic, the other card at 9). I was running Catalyst driver version 12.4 and after doing some reading here decided to downgrade to 11.6, the recommended version for mining.

So I uninstalled 12.4, rebooted, installed 11.6, rebooted again, and suddenly my performance plummeted to about 30-40 Mhash/sec on the card driving the monitors and about 13-14 on the secondary card! I found out that I needed to disable ULPS, so I did but that didn't make any difference.

So then I decided to revert back to the driver version that I was running before that was getting decent performance (even though it isn't the recommended version). I went through the whole uninstall, reboot, reinstall, etc. -- making sure I removed every trace of Catalyst I could find (including all "ATI" and "AMD" keys in the registry) in between. I'm still getting shit mining performance. I'm at a loss on what to try next. Any ideas? I'll be happy to post my config and any more info you need.

On a side note, does anyone have the FirePro V4900, and does it work with cgminer? How's its performance? I'm probably getting a new PC in a few weeks, and that's what's on the specs sheet for it.

FirePro V4900 should work with any opencl miner, including cgminer.  You can probably get 100-120 Mh/s out of it. Hint: 480 stream cores same as HD 6670

re: your problem with slower performance

Download afterburner:

http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

unlock it:

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=182403

See if you can set the core/memory clocks to where you want them to be.

If AB cannot reset the clocks, flash the BIOS with techpowerup images and try again.

Your clocks were probably locked when you down/upgraded.

Is there a way that you could make the threads per GPU definable with a comma separated value? It seems like that could fix my problem; my display GPU looks like it's still trying to run 2 threads even though it's supposed to be dynamic.
Activity: 373
Merit: 100
When I doubleclik cgminer.exe nothing happens, did I miss a step needed to install properly cgminer, it did work before reinstalling windows 7 but not anymore.

Well, you could try executing cgminer from a command line window and see whether there is any useful output...
Anyhow, there is no "installation" of cgminer, you just need to unzip the archive somewhere...
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I recently reinstalled my windows 7 64bit, I have Catalyst 12.4 official and SDK 2.7 installed.

When I doubleclik cgminer.exe nothing happens, did I miss a step needed to install properly cgminer, it did work before reinstalling windows 7 but not anymore.
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1208
This is not OK.
The api... I suspected that was still todo after I posted Smiley
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
MMQ isn't showing up in supported devices.
At the top of the output, "cgminer -h" will tell you that when you compile in ModMiner (MMQ) support.
e.g. for me on linux:
 cgminer 2.4.2b
 Built with GPU bitforce icarus mining support.
but the git version would say
 cgminer 2.4.2
 Built with GPU bitforce icarus modminer ztex mining support.
If you compile in ModMiner and ZTex also (like the binary releases will have)

If you mean the API - yeah I'll do that tonight.
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1208
This is not OK.
MMQ isn't showing up in supported devices.
Jump to: