Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 567. (Read 5805546 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
@Goat: Do you have the drivers for the cards?
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
The API is to check the status of the miner.
The one I was thinking may be of interest is 'notify'
(if any GPU was having trouble and you had no log file, the 'notify' command shows some of the error stats that would have flashed past in the log)

Again to run API commands you need java installed and run a command prompt and cd to the cgminer folder and:
 java API notify
or any other command you want to look at that is documented in the README
 java API config
is interesting also

There are other ways to use the API but that is the simplest way without installing a whole bunch of other stuff ...
Activity: 502
hey i have api listen on how do i get logs from it ?
legendary
sorry about that fixed
http://pastebin.com/23t06kem
Hmm, well that says it works fine and aborted with a Ctrl-C at the end.

You'll need to post a log that includes when it hangs so we can see what happened just before it hung.
Activity: 518
They will only clock back up if the temperature drops enough again.

How long will this take ? I left them about 15 minutes after the heat stopped and the cold begun and they did not clock back automatically ( I had to do it manually ).

Thanks !

Anybody know how much this "unthrottling" takes once the source of heat is gone ?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Why is it so damn hot in here?
let me know if you need more of the log file
legendary
sorry for the no info i would love to provide it if i was able to.
the system is a crossfire 5 board bulldozer processor, 1250 power supply and 3 5970, all 3 5970 cores are running stock clocks with me lowered to 300, temps are from 62-70 not any hotter then that. ive tried running the java commands but like i said cg pretty much freezes up not even a min after starting it i just wanted to try an older version of cg to see if it was somthing to do with the new version or if it was me. 
If you can't actually run the API command fast enough (i.e. it's a short term failure)
Then run cgminer -D -T --verbose 2>log.log
and the log.log file created should have something useful in it explaining either what problems are happening or at the least, the last thing it was doing before it hung
As for getting older versions, they are at the same place the current version is.

Since you have now mentioned the cards you are using, what are the full cgminer options you are running with?
legendary
('Reaped' has nothing to do with it)

Doesn't 'Reaped curl' mean the sockets have closed, meaning no communication?
Nope.
The in-code comment is:
/* We reap curls if they are unused for over a minute */

It means that cgminer has decided that a single curl is no longer needed so it was shut down.

The fact that your message says '6' means that it certainly hasn't run out of curls quite yet ...
('6' means there are now 5 left for the pool ...)
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician

Doesn't 'Reaped curl' mean the sockets have closed, meaning no communication?
Activity: 446
Merit: 250
the system is a crossfire 5 board bulldozer processor, 1250 power supply and 3 5970, all 3 5970 cores are running stock clocks with me lowered to 300, temps are from 62-70 not any hotter then that. ive tried running the java commands but like i said cg pretty much freezes up not even a min after starting it i just wanted to try an older version of cg to see if it was somthing to do with the new version or if it was me. 

It shows up in cgminer as 6 gpu's/cores then? I had problems when I tried 6 "cores" on one of my rigs and had to split one off but I don't remember if it was cgminer or windows 7 that didn't like it.
legendary
does anyone have a old copy or a link where i can get one i cant take the freeze after 5 mins
Well ... so far you've provided zero information about the problem
(you clearly haven't even looked in your cgminer logs to see if it says anything about why it's happening when it happens)

My API commands are a shortcut to seeing some of the possible errors that may have been logged.

We have no info at all about what hardware you are running.

The most common cause of freezing is that your GPUs are being pushed too hard (as I mentioned about stepping them down a bit) or there is something wrong with one of your GPUs.

... and on a slight tangent Smiley
... I had my first GPU hardware issue with mining this weekend ... one of my 2x6950's seems to have a fan problem on one of the 3 fans
They have both been mining for 10 months now - but not non-stop I used to switch them off for 6 hours a day when BTC was below $4
Anyway, I'm impressed - 10 months of card abuse and the only problem on 2 cards so far is a single fan needing something done about it Smiley
does anyone have a old copy or a link where i can get one i cant take the freeze after 5 mins
legendary
There are only a limited number of ways you can get a "Received kill message"
All of them that could match your screen would be initiated by you or your "extra" software you are running.
Something external to cgminer is telling it to quit.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468

Not sure which version of driver-bitforce.c you are looking at but 2.4.1 does not check return code from hex2bin().  Sure, terminating after first 4 hex numbers would be better for BFL and Icarus, but jobj_binary()/work_decode() also uses this and checks the return code. 

I'm bug chasing, so I edited the code to use the return value.
P_Shep, I think the code is ok as is.  It actually terminates after 4 hex numbers are converted (len =0)
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician
cgminer stops working, these are it's last entries in the log.

Code:
Discarded cloned or rolled work
Reaped curl 6 from pool 0
Received kill message
Received kill message

Sometimes "Reaped" line is 2 hours passing until "Received kill message"
legendary
Firstly, make sure you always run with --api-listen (at least)
Then on a rig that has disconnected and reconnected many times, post here the output of 'devdetails' and 'notify'
On windows, the easiest is probably a command prompt in the cgminer directory and type:
 java API devdetails
 java API notify
I have java 7 installed but the commands are not recognized. I put api listen on though.
Well if you just type java and it gives an error that java is not found then it wont work - oh well.

If on the other hand when you type java you get a reply stating the options for java then for some unknown reason you didn't cd to the directory where cgminer is.

In the cgminer directory there is a file API.class which means you can type java API notify when that is your current directory
Also type java API devdetails

If you can't do that - then I give up Smiley
Jump to: