Pages:
Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 77. (Read 5805508 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hey Wink

I just bought an R-Box and would like to use cgminer. I installed the WinUSB driver using zadig. I still get an error, though:

"USB init, open device failed, err -3, you don't have privilege to access - AMU device 6:2"
"Icarus detect (6:2) failed to initialize (incorrect device?)"
Assuming you installed everything right and have tried different USB ports and plugged them in again after setting the winUSB driver, and have tried rebooting as well, then the most likely thing is actually a faulty device. I've seen quite a few reports where people had to RMA these devices and their replacement one was fine.

Well, I did all that, actually. I will try to install ubuntu, though, maybe the problem is windows related? Can't test it on my rpi, as I don't have a card reader atm -.-

Thank you so far Smiley
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Hey Wink

I just bought an R-Box and would like to use cgminer. I installed the WinUSB driver using zadig. I still get an error, though:

"USB init, open device failed, err -3, you don't have privilege to access - AMU device 6:2"
Assuming you installed everything right and have tried different USB ports and plugged them in again after setting the winUSB driver, and have tried rebooting as well, then the most likely thing is actually a faulty device. I've seen quite a few reports where people had to RMA these devices and their replacement one was fine.
Activity: 2
Hey Wink

If it helps: bfgminer returns this:

"Failed to open Device Parameters registry key in lowl-vcom.c _vcom_devinfo_scan_windows__hubport():556: The system cannot find the file specified."
legendary
Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003
Don`t panic! Organize!
It's about how the window is layed out.
Toy probably have -T added in command line (text only) or no curses installed.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
I've created an AntMinerS2 firmware.
It's wonderful, thank you a lot! Do you plan to polish it a little? At present running this firmware I can't modify root's password and all my settings are reset to the initial values after reboot or shutdown, even if I modify config files... And maybe if any new cgminer version (or other firmware improvements) will lead to hashrate growth personally I will donate to you a little for this job! Especially if you will do the same improved firmware for S3 miners (that I have not bought yet but I will soon).  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself
Presumably it's because they both use the same communication chip and I never tested this combination of hardware since my Jalapeno has long since been gotten rid of. You should try disabling the bxm instead of enabling the others with --usb BXM:0

I finally got around to trying this the other day and got an error saying some thing like BXM not known or unrecognized driver .  The screen flashed by pretty quick so I couldn't copy it quick enough.
Activity: 155
Merit: 104
OK, thank you for the speedy answer. I will give this a try and report back what kind of speeds the 2 NF6s will achieve when run in a separate instance, but for now, I need bedtime Wink
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I'm running 1 NF2 and 2 NF6. Is it possible to pass separate nfu-bits values to the individual devices? Could someone explain to me how this would be achieved.
It was never implemented so the only way it could be done currently is to run two separate instances of cgminer with different bits set. It's probably worth you testing the NF6 by itself to see how it runs as I think that is one device that I have not confirmed the driver works at full speed for anyway.
Activity: 155
Merit: 104
Hi,

I'm running 1 NF2 and 2 NF6. Is it possible to pass separate nfu-bits values to the individual devices? Could someone explain to me how this would be achieved. I know it worked in bfgminer, but I would like to switch to cgminer (was using multiminer/bfgminer but ran into device detection issues). On bfgminer, the NF6s hit 14 GH/s, but if I set the nfu-bits for the NF2 AND NF6 it seems that the NF2 is having problems (around value 55), and thus, the NF6 don't run at full speed (about 9-10 GH/s). I'd like to set the NF2 to 52 and the NF6s to 55, if that is feasible in cgminer.

Thanks in advance for any help concerning this problem!
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
However a few days ago I built again from github on Ubuntu 14.04 and I noticed that the output on the screen is now different. It looks very much like the output in the blue window below. The whole top section is gone and it does not react to any input like p, d, s, or q. What do I need to do to get the "old" way of displaying back?
You built without libncurses dev installed.

Thank you.

I did. (Because it's listed as "optional" in the README)
Activity: 59
Hi. this thread is huge and my searches are getting me nowhere, and i am newb at this but trying, my failing has forced me to join the forum to ask.

Why is it that cgminer will only see one of my r-box units out of the 2, they are both plugged into different usb ports. but i could only ever get one to work when i could get it to work.

i appreciate your time. thanks in advance
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
However a few days ago I built again from github on Ubuntu 14.04 and I noticed that the output on the screen is now different. It looks very much like the output in the blue window below. The whole top section is gone and it does not react to any input like p, d, s, or q. What do I need to do to get the "old" way of displaying back?
You built without libncurses dev installed.
legendary
You DO realize, that since 3.7.2 cgminer is NOT supporting GPU anymore?

If this is directed at me, yes, I do.

My question has nothing to do with GPUs. It's about how the window is layed out.
legendary
Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003
Don`t panic! Organize!
You DO realize, that since 3.7.2 cgminer is NOT supporting GPU anymore?
legendary

I have been absent from the thread for a while (what can I say, cgminer just runs Smiley ).

This pic somewhat illustrates it (I know the second window in the screenshot is Phoenix, but what I see from the freshly built cgminer is very similar).

[...]

Activity: 784
Merit: 504
"--load-balance Change multipool strategy from failover to quota based balance"
What this means exactly? Will this only just load balance equally to the set pools?
Can we set custom % wise quota for each pool? I found this option in Antminer S3.
Example: 10% to Pool 1, 50% to Pool2 and 40% to Pool 3?
It will be great if this is answered in context with the Antminer S3 too.

from the readme:
https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/README

LOAD BALANCE:
This strategy sends work to all the pools on a quota basis. By default, all
pools are allocated equal quotas unless specified with --quota. This
apportioning of work is based on work handed out, not shares returned so is
independent of difficulty targets or rejected shares. While a pool is disabled
or dead, its quota is dropped until it is re-enabled. Quotas are forward
looking, so if the quota is changed on the fly, it only affects future work.
If all pools are set to zero quota or all pools with quota are dead, it will
fall back to a failover mode. See quota below for more information.

The failover-only flag has special meaning in combination with load-balance
mode and it will distribute quota back to priority pool 0 from any pools that
are unable to provide work for any reason so as to maintain quota ratios
between the rest of the pools.

Easiest I think is to change it from within cgminer. Hit "P" and it should be self explanatory from there. Once done and back in the main screen hit "S" and write a config file. From then on change your command line to load that config file at start up ( --config or -c ).

Thanks for digging it for me.
legendary
What this means exactly? Will this only just load balance equally to the set pools?
Can we set custom % wise quota for each pool? I found this option in Antminer S3.

from the readme:
https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/README

LOAD BALANCE:
This strategy sends work to all the pools on a quota basis. By default, all
pools are allocated equal quotas unless specified with --quota. This
apportioning of work is based on work handed out, not shares returned so is
independent of difficulty targets or rejected shares. While a pool is disabled
or dead, its quota is dropped until it is re-enabled. Quotas are forward
looking, so if the quota is changed on the fly, it only affects future work.
If all pools are set to zero quota or all pools with quota are dead, it will
fall back to a failover mode. See quota below for more information.

The failover-only flag has special meaning in combination with load-balance
mode and it will distribute quota back to priority pool 0 from any pools that
are unable to provide work for any reason so as to maintain quota ratios
between the rest of the pools.

Easiest I think is to change it from within cgminer. Hit "P" and it should be self explanatory from there. Once done and back in the main screen hit "S" and write a config file. From then on change your command line to load that config file at start up ( --config or -c ).
Activity: 784
Merit: 504
Activity: 43
New version: 4.5.0, 29th July 2014

Mainly new and updated drivers.

Human readable changelog:

- Driver for new device Hashratio, uses direct USB as per all other devices to work generically on any PC platform.
- Completely rewritten driver for avalon2/3 to use direct USB for generic PC usage, with automatic default voltage and frequency settings if not specified, on screen information, and much smarter fan control.
- Merged KnC updates for Neptune support.
- Changed the cointerra driver to not fail on old firmware with checksum errors, allowing people with these devices to easily generically plug them into their PCs.
- Put lots more documentation into READMEs.
- Fixed the windows packages to have windows style end of lines again and be readable in notepad.

Full changelog:

- Fix windows build for hashratio and ava2
- Demote bad checksum message in cointerra driver but allow message to still be
parsed since it won't allow existing firmwares to work otherwise
- Reorder and document the configure options
- Merge https://github.com/KnCMiner/cgminer into knc
- Change default voltage on ava2 to 0.666V because Satan
- Enable combined building of avalon2 and hashratio
- Fix stratum embedded fpgas to not duplicate work with other devices
- Implement smarter PID type fan control for ava2 allowing more generous
temperatures and far lower fan speeds for optimal power and noise usage. Adjust
default frequency to 450 as per recommendation.
- Fix various warnings in ava2
- Go back to polling design since async will not work for ava2 and fix various
read design errors
- Fix error in 2nd read functions for av2 and hro
- Correct init and read sequence for ava2, and convert from a polling mechanism
to a separate read thread
- Initial commit of ava2 conversion to direct USB
- Display frequency and voltage with ava2 on the statline
- Store fan percentage and display temp and fan percent for ava2
- Set avalon2 frequency and voltage to appropriate defaults if none are
specified on the command line
- Demote some ava2 messages that don't need to be errors and remove unused works
array
- Fix broken fan logic for ava2
- Fix hexdump on 64bit
- rockminer frequency is between 200 and 400 MHz
- fix jansson include path in cgminer-api compile instructions
- Remove requirement for ifndefs for avalon2 from the generic driver work
function
- Fix hashratio device name
- Make submit_nonce2_nonce return whether the share was valid or not
- Reinstate missing necessary init sequence for hashratio
- Handle disconnected hashratio devices
- Add hashratio frequency command line
- Fix stratum updates not being passed to hashratio devices and clean up
- Move to updated avalon2 type driver model for hashratio device
- Initial import and conversion of hashratio driver to direct USB
- Increase the internal buffer for API response,   as "stats" command response
can grow greater than 8K
- Detach test pool thread only if we have a blocking startup

Thanks for your hardwork! ckolivas!
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
I am having problems logging on to my S3. I was logged in last night and this morning it asked me to reenter my password to log in. When I did this is what I see:

/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:448: Failed to execute function dispatcher target for entry '/'.
The called action terminated with an exception:
/usr/lib/lua/luci/sauth.lua:87: Session data invalid!
stack traceback:
   [C]: in function 'assert'
   /usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:448: in function 'dispatch'
   /usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:195: in function

It is still hashing on my pool ( @ 410-420 GH/s on 218.75 freq) and I have tried to log in a few more times with always the same results. Not sure if it's safe to power down or to use the reset button? Any help would be appreciated.

I'm positive this is where you want to post this question

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=671189.3740

The LuCi and openwrt are not by con or the cgminer crew. It is possible one of the nice folks on here will know the answer though. Bitmain and openwrt would have actually done the programming for that part.

EDIT: I can't wait for a binary that uses a new version of cgminer. I really should look into if its possible to add a config file and have everything work as I like more then 3 backups.
Thank you. I have posted it there as well. Also PM Bitmain and he has now gotten back with me and said he has forward my problem to a engineer and I will hear something back.

Pages:
Jump to: