Pages:
Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 72. (Read 5805508 times)

Activity: 563
Merit: 500
I wonder if that is true of all the new ones Tongue
Maybe BFL doesn't like cgminer working with it - though they indirectly paid for the driver ...
My original moth has been mining fine at ~250W, ~330GH/s at the pool, for over 2 months now

I would assume it must be true of at least all the ones shipping right now.  Seems unlikely that mine are special in some way.

BTW, is there/will there be any access to underclocking/undervolting?  I'm pretty sure BFL promised this would be possible...

roy
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Not immediately detecting my Monarchs.

Am I right in thinking that all I should need is --enable-bflsc at build time (and nothing special at run time)?

Ah, it appears that production Monarchs (or at least these two) have iProduct set to "BitFORCE SHA256".  A quick edit of usbutils.c and we're hashing (albeit with a warning at startup about an unknown firmware version).

Note that this iProduct string seems to be the same as the old BFL FPGAs.  I've no idea whether this matters - although I'm not compiling the old bitforce driver so it clearly doesn't matter to me.
I wonder if that is true of all the new ones Tongue
Maybe BFL doesn't like cgminer working with it - though they indirectly paid for the driver ...
My original moth has been mining fine at ~250W, ~330GH/s at the pool, for over 2 months now
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
ckolivas, any idea why the new firmware & cgminer version on the s3 would stop access via the API?

I don't have an s3 yet, mine will be here soon though, they have been shipped from china... but in the meantime users of my app are saying when they upgrade firmware and install newest version of cgminer app doesn't have access to api. they've said they still have api access enabled.

when I wrote the app I used the API specs that were in github. it worked before the update.

i'll be able to test when my s3 come but thought maybe someone knew off that top of their head
Working fine for me.

ok. I might be end user error. I didn't think the API would change all of a sudden
S3 disables write access to the API and ignores the _aa setting.
I'm not sure which versions do this setting or if it is all of them.
I've had 3 different versions (my first S3 controller board went strange and Bitmain replaced it quickly for me) so I'm not sure.

In /etc/init.d/cgminer mine had:

PARAMS="$AOPTIONS $POOL1 $POOL2 $POOL3 $_pb $_ow $_bec --api-listen --api-network --bitmain-checkn2diff --bitmain-hwerror --queue 4096"

Instead I change it to:

PARAMS="$AOPTIONS $POOL1 $POOL2 $POOL3 $_pb $_ow $_bec --api-listen --api-allow $_aa --bitmain-checkn2diff --bitmain-hwerror --queue 1024"

(though 1024 can probably be lower - I've not checked what it should be)

Am I right in thinking that all I should need is --enable-bflsc at build time (and nothing special at run time)?

Ah, it appears that production Monarchs (or at least these two) have iProduct set to "BitFORCE SHA256".  A quick edit of usbutils.c and we're hashing (albeit with a warning at startup about an unknown firmware version).

Note that this iProduct string seems to be the same as the old BFL FPGAs.  I've no idea whether this matters - although I'm not compiling the old bitforce driver so it clearly doesn't matter to me.

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
ckolivas, any idea why the new firmware & cgminer version on the s3 would stop access via the API?

I don't have an s3 yet, mine will be here soon though, they have been shipped from china... but in the meantime users of my app are saying when they upgrade firmware and install newest version of cgminer app doesn't have access to api. they've said they still have api access enabled.

when I wrote the app I used the API specs that were in github. it worked before the update.

i'll be able to test when my s3 come but thought maybe someone knew off that top of their head
Working fine for me.

ok. I might be end user error. I didn't think the API would change all of a sudden
Activity: 99
Merit: 10

Working fine for me.
As the sun sets on the home mining scene [...]

I suspect there will be people mining at home for fun pretty much forever.  And home mining for profit has been pretty much impossible for years - at least not without a huge amount of luck - although many people let wishful thinking cloud their judgment.

Thanks for the new release - I will test it out on a couple of Monarchs shortly :-)

roy
Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001
I'm not sure where you're seeing these messages. There hasn't been any GPU code in mainline cgminer for over a year and I'm not supporting anything but the current version.

Thanks @ckolivas.

This is the output of cgminer.

I use it to mine on testnet. There are 4 radeon 79xx gpu cards, and according to cgminer stats it does ~2.5gh/s - I was hoping to mine something, especially that current testnet difficulty == 1.0, but it doesn't work, hence I posted this warning(?) messages.

Which version?  Wink
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
I'm not sure where you're seeing these messages. There hasn't been any GPU code in mainline cgminer for over a year and I'm not supporting anything but the current version.

Thanks @ckolivas.

This is the output of cgminer.

I use it to mine on testnet. There are 4 radeon 79xx gpu cards, and according to cgminer stats it does ~2.5gh/s - I was hoping to mine something, especially that current testnet difficulty == 1.0, but it doesn't work, hence I posted this warning(?) messages.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Hi,

I see these messages when cgminer works, but can't find any documentation regarding them. What do they mean?

They didn't come one after another, I only collected the messages I don't understand. Here we go:

BFL looking for BFL 0403:6014 but found 1002:4396 instead

Not a ZTEX device 1002:4397
 and later: USB scan devices: checking for BAS devices

AVA looking for AVA 0403:6001 but found 148f:5370 instead

ICA looking for BLT 0403:6001 but found 148f:5370 instead

GPU 2 found something? OCL, NONCE 8.... found in slot 0

Generated stratum header 000....

Generated stratum work

I'd be grateful for any help.
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
Hi,

I see these messages when cgminer works, but can't find any documentation regarding them. What do they mean?

They didn't come one after another, I only collected the messages I don't understand. Here we go:

BFL looking for BFL 0403:6014 but found 1002:4396 instead

Not a ZTEX device 1002:4397
 and later: USB scan devices: checking for BAS devices

AVA looking for AVA 0403:6001 but found 148f:5370 instead

ICA looking for BLT 0403:6001 but found 148f:5370 instead

GPU 2 found something? OCL, NONCE 8.... found in slot 0

Generated stratum header 000....

Generated stratum work

I'd be grateful for any help.
Activity: 981
DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize
Regarding the S3.

I don't have the build environment to create a full binary image, and the code will need a LOT of work to actually become part of mainline cgminer it seems, but for the time being here is a link to a bugfixed binary of cgminer 4.6.0 for the S3 based on the bitmain code. Copy the file into /usr/bin/ on the S3 overwriting the existing one:

http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/antminer/s3/4.6.0-140908/cgminer

Thank You for the fix. Processor load is way down. It is really great to get this working even better. Hopefully both of mine can now handle 218 not one 218 and one 212.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Regarding the S3.

I don't have the build environment to create a full binary image, and the code will need a LOT of work to actually become part of mainline cgminer it seems, but for the time being here is a link to a bugfixed binary of cgminer 4.6.0 for the S3 based on the bitmain code. Copy the file into /usr/bin/ on the S3 overwriting the existing one:

http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/antminer/s3/4.6.0-140908/cgminer
Activity: 89
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

As the sun sets on the home mining scene.......

So true. The peoples coin - taken from the people...... Cry
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Activity: 89
No 4.6.0 Windows executable?
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
New release: Version 4.6.0, 7th September 2014

As the sun sets on the home mining scene, here's a new release mainly with the driver for the BFL mofarch that was completed months ago but sitting around waiting for someone to actually take delivery of them. I'd been holding off till now because they promised a new firmware and I was going to redesign the driver around it, but that never eventuated...

Human readable changelog:

- BFLSC28, aka BFL Monarch driver.
- Avalon2 driver updates.
- Minion driver updates.
- Allow passwordless workers now.
- Disconnect connections to unused stratum pools more reliably.

Full changelog:

- We should not be checking for pool_unworkable in cnx_needed as it is keeping
stratum connections open on unused pools
- Properly handle lack of input when adding pool via menu
- Allow workers without passwords
- minion - increase max chip number
- Avalon2: add more comments on Avalon2 options
- Avalon2: add polling delay option, long coinbase support, LED status on API,
change overheat from 88 to 98
- minion - add a ' before non-zero core error counts
- minion - hidden optional per core nonce stats
- bflsc28 - clock is hex