Pages:
Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 74. (Read 5805508 times)

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
You can read the long story below if you want, but short story I want make some changes and build my own version. I can get a cgminer.exe built but when I run it, I get these errors...

[2014-08-29 09:17:21] Started cgminer 4.5.0                   
 [2014-08-29 09:17:22] BAS 0 RequestIdentify usb write err:(-7) LIBUSB_ERROR_TIMEOUT                   
 [2014-08-29 09:17:22] BAS 0 attempted reset got err:(0) LIBUSB_SUCCESS                   
 [2014-08-29 09:17:22] BAS 0 RequestIdentify usb write err:(-7) LIBUSB_ERROR_TIMEOUT                   

Obviously related to USB , but not sure what I need to do to resolve. Any help would be appreciated.
If you compiled with your own libusb installed instead of the included one that comes with cgminer, don't do that. There's a reason we include our own custom version of libusb in the code, and that's because every other version out there is buggy.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
You can read the long story below if you want, but short story I want make some changes and build my own version. I can get a cgminer.exe built but when I run it, I get these errors...

[2014-08-29 09:17:21] Started cgminer 4.5.0                   

Obviously related to USB , but not sure what I need to do to resolve. Any help would be appreciated.

Long story...
I'm running cgminer for a crowd source funding project call Bitcoin Utopia. It allows participants to mine and donate to several non-profit projects. First, pardon my lack knowledge and terminology. Very new to running this. Anyway, it runs cgminer a little different than intended, I think. It doesn't run cgminer continuously. There are different size "work units" that request a certain amount of work based on the size of your mining rig. Once it completes that chunk of mining, cgminer shuts down, a new work unit is initialized and cgminer is started again. An issue many of us are having, especially with r-boxes, is they periodically lock up or freeze. We call it "the-blue-light-stopped-blinking" problem. We're also trying to get it working with Gridseed miners too. We've downloaded a version of cgminer that will works with Gridseed, but after it completes the first work unit, stops and starts another job, the Gridseed miner is locked and must be powered off and on to start working. I've looked at the cgminer source and I'm not sure I see where it releases the USB resources when it shuts down. Thought that might be the issue. Not a C programmer, but can follow it a little. May not the issue, want to try to make it work. That's why I want to be able build my own cgminer. Again, any help would be appreciated. I don't mind reading, but there's so much info, not sure what to read.

Thanks,

Steve
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself
I'm tried to follow the instructions in windows-build.txt for using mingw to build a native windows cgminer, but I get USB errors. It's not a hardware problem. The pre-built binary cgminer.exe runs fine. I saw this in the http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/README...
Native WIN32 build instructions: see windows-build.txt but these instructions
are now hopelessly out of date

Are there updated instructions for doing a native windows build with mingw?

Since there's a prebuilt Windoze binary that works fine and that the instructions are hopelessly out of date, why do you need to build your own?
Activity: 9
I'm tried to follow the instructions in windows-build.txt for using mingw to build a native windows cgminer, but I get USB errors. It's not a hardware problem. The pre-built binary cgminer.exe runs fine. I saw this in the http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/README...
Native WIN32 build instructions: see windows-build.txt but these instructions
are now hopelessly out of date

Are there updated instructions for doing a native windows build with mingw?
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
anyone know how the "elapsed" time is formatted in the API? how to convert it to readable time. I figured i'd ask before trying to figure it out
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
This is my very first time ever minning and I love it. How ever you guys will prolly laugh at me when i say I am only running a Feforce GT 630 2GB graphics card and a intel core 3 quad CPU at 2.67GHz and 16 Gb ram any suggestions how to mine a little faster without spend a lot of money or none.

Short answer, stop mining until you replace all your hardware.  A GeForce 630 won't be very power efficient, even if you run Cudaminer - which would give you your fastest hashing.  In short, you'll end up paying for more in power costs than you'd make in Cryptocurrency.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
can anyone help me get temperature readings from cgminer API?

i'm looking through the docs and I don't see it,

well now I see tempature if I request "devs". but only one of the blades

edit, "stats" seems to have what Im looking for
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself
This is my very first time ever minning and I love it. How ever you guys will prolly laugh at me when i say I am only running a Feforce GT 630 2GB graphics card and a intel core 3 quad CPU at 2.67GHz and 16 Gb ram any suggestions how to mine a little faster without spend a lot of money or none.

You need to get some mining hardware.  CGMiner doesn't support GPU's nor CPU's.  And hasn't for a very long time.

This is a good starting place for researching mining hardware.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison
Activity: 1
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Hehe my grammar sucks Grin
You need oscilloscope and a packet analyzer.
Add some brain cels and you are there. This is not a rocket science you know.
The Chinese stollen "KNOWHOW" can easily be revealed. But why someone needs to do that?
Nonsense Grin
Opening the source will allow other folks to do job instead of them
they just do not get it. Sometimes I am wondering how Chinese move forward in general but this is another story

But all of you got general idea right?
Do not buy something which is not open sourced. No matter of its origin China US or Europe!!!!
Period!
And when you need to complain use google to translate your massage to mandarin and send a pigeon(attach your message to the leg of the bird) mail to your Chinese hardware vendor Grin
Hehe Grin
legendary
Activity: 952
Wait 2 weeks from this Monday. bitmain is supposed to be updating to a newer version of cgminer other than 3.12. I have no clue if ckolivias or kano have any involvement but I'd hope they pick it to pieces when its released to the public.
I don't care of Bitmain posts the update or if Kano has to do it. Con + Kano still get donations, as they're the ones that wrote the software. I'd much rather be running 4.5 rather than 3.12.
And so?
When they get donations they are obliged to lick your ass and reverse engender Chinese shit?
Donation means that you give something and you do expect NOTHING IN RETURN
so to make long story short bitmain took your money not like donation go and ask him to update cgminer will you?
Besides both you as customer and bitmain are violating the law. You know that right?
But you just do not care correct?
You will eventually donate and that makes in position to order people what to do?
Funny
Woah there calm down. I ordered my S3s before it became a very public ordeal that Bitmain had not released the drivers for the S3s. I understand that Bitmain is making mad money, using software that Con writes for free. That seems wrong to me. You can call it a donation or a voluntary payment or whatever else you can think of to make you happy, but a small transaction for every S3 I own seems fair to me.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Wait 2 weeks from this Monday. bitmain is supposed to be updating to a newer version of cgminer other than 3.12. I have no clue if ckolivias or kano have any involvement but I'd hope they pick it to pieces when its released to the public.
I don't care of Bitmain posts the update or if Kano has to do it. Con + Kano still get donations, as they're the ones that wrote the software. I'd much rather be running 4.5 rather than 3.12.
And so?
When they get donations they are obliged to lick your ass and reverse engender Chinese shit?
Donation means that you give something and you do expect NOTHING IN RETURN
so to make long story short bitmain took your money not like donation go and ask him to update cgminer will you?
Besides both you as customer and bitmain are violating the law. You know that right?
But you just do not care correct?
You will eventually donate and that makes you in position to order people what to do?
Funny
legendary
Don't shoot the messenger.
Lol, sorry if I came across as hostile; that was not my intent. I just meant that to me, it doesn't matter whether Bitmain or Kano put up a new version of cgminer; Con and Kano are the ones that deserve the donation. Bitmain already has my money from when I bought their products, and Con/Kano deserve some of that as well.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Don't shoot the messenger.  Whats to say it will do anything that you will notice. If your having a problem with your antminer and cgminer email [email protected] and tell them as well. It might just be their software and not ckolivias or whatever fork they follows problem.

Do they even use ckolivias fork for building? When I was trying to first use U2s I was going to use jimJags since it had it in there before it got on here but I had compile issues that I have not gone back to try again since then.
legendary
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Activity: 924
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
Small donation to both Kano & Con once they do get a S3 binary. Wink

+1

Count me in on that  Wink
legendary

ok, I went back 15 pages, but didn't see this answered, so I hope I'm safe in asking:

Antminer S3 support yet? I see S1 & S2 folders, but no S3 folder yet.. Hoping Kano has a binary soon..

Trying to compile my own, but getting the build env right is... painful.

I too am looking forward to this.  Maybe Kano will fire one off soon-ish.
Small donation to both Kano & Con once they do get a S3 binary. Wink
Activity: 99
Merit: 10

ok, I went back 15 pages, but didn't see this answered, so I hope I'm safe in asking:

Antminer S3 support yet? I see S1 & S2 folders, but no S3 folder yet.. Hoping Kano has a binary soon..

Trying to compile my own, but getting the build env right is... painful.

I too am looking forward to this.  Maybe Kano will fire one off soon-ish.
Pages:
Jump to: