Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread - page 16. (Read 49483 times)

legendary
Activity: 2117
Merit: 1397
the only real disappointing thing is that my Apollo will never find a block lol its best share ever is less than 5,000 so no where near the share needed to find a block. but it mines great on a pps pool, I will just never go solo with it.

I found a block last month. Ok that's a lot of luck and probably won't find another, but I did find one!

I also found a block last year, at Litecoinpool  Wink.

Yea Litecoin is in a nice spot for solo mining right now with how low its diff is. If all Apollos are currently mining litecoin, there should be about one Apollo user finding a block every day.

That might be a fun update...build a website that keeps track of all blocks found by users Smiley
Activity: 748
Merit: 523
the only real disappointing thing is that my Apollo will never find a block lol its best share ever is less than 5,000 so no where near the share needed to find a block. but it mines great on a pps pool, I will just never go solo with it.

I found a block last month. Ok that's a lot of luck and probably won't find another, but I did find one!

I also found a block last year, at Litecoinpool  Wink.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224
EIN: 82-3893490
LoL I cant help but see it - it sits right on my desk and its in AM so any time I look at any of my miners, I see all my miners Smiley

I hear you! It’s in miner’s DNA!

Addictive too!

I actually check my GPU based rigs to squeeze every bit extra hash possibly can!! It’s like a never ending adventure!

ASICs, you just set them up and done - as far as I can tell!!

with my asics, i am always checking their temps, changing the voltage to see if i can get higher hash without critical temps, trying other coins within their algo, trying different pools etc etc
Activity: 84
Merit: 6
LoL I cant help but see it - it sits right on my desk and its in AM so any time I look at any of my miners, I see all my miners Smiley

I hear you! It’s in miner’s DNA!

Addictive too!

I actually check my GPU based rigs to squeeze every bit extra hash possibly can!! It’s like a never ending adventure!

ASICs, you just set them up and done - as far as I can tell!!
legendary

Its all luck when it comes to good shares. 2 days is not much of a sample size. For example one of my test units has been up for 44 days...its best share is 78k.

oh for sure, my best share since I bought it is less than 5k - have not ever had a higher share on litecoin. have been on 4 or 5 pools with it.

note: it has found almost a dozen digibyte blocks though.

how and were are u mining Digibyte,... With the apollo?

I mined dgb on gos.cx here is a shot today of it on gos.cx  though lately - dgb diff has skyrocketed so its not doing well there atm - so i moved it back to pps on litecoinpool.org - I did the below just now to get the screenshot for you.

edit:

btw has anyone gotten this? where it shows it mining multiple pools with full hash and getting shares at both?

Activity: 55
Merit: 2

Its all luck when it comes to good shares. 2 days is not much of a sample size. For example one of my test units has been up for 44 days...its best share is 78k.

oh for sure, my best share since I bought it is less than 5k - have not ever had a higher share on litecoin. have been on 4 or 5 pools with it.

how and were are u mining Digibyte,... With the apollo?
legendary

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

Congrats! were you solo mining??

Yes, solo
legendary

Congrats! were you solo mining??
legendary

which scrypt coin were you mining?

Litecoin

nice! I cannot get mine to get a decent share ever. its currently been on line for 2d 1h 52m and best share is 3,074 - needed is 5,867,504.3 or thereabouts

My Apollo is the 20th node Smiley Very cool
legendary

Litecoin

nice! I cannot get mine to get a decent share ever. its currently been on line for 2d 1h 52m and best share is 3,074 - needed is 5,867,504.3 or thereabouts

I don’t check anything LTC related!! Cool

Just left my Apollo and those 10 something Moonlander 2 running. If they crash or something, pool sends me email and I go see what has gone wrong!

Litecoin

I don’t check anything LTC related!! Cool

Just left my Apollo and those 10 something Moonlander 2 running. If they crash or something, pool sends me email and I go see what has gone wrong!
legendary

Litecoin

Litecoin
legendary

Activity: 748
Merit: 523
I have two Apollo's and I've upgraded both of them to the latest update with one running a full node. It's only been up for a short time and it's showing 9 connections so it looks like everything is working correctly (I also noticed the node count for futurebit went up by one, so I'm hoping that's me!!!  Smiley)
My question is, can I run another node on my other Apollo? Would it work since they're both behind the same firewall? Can you have multiple nodes behind a single firewall without having multiple public IP addresses?

Yes, you can 2 or more as long as you manually open unused / uncommon ports and map it to additional Apollo.

But not very useful. You have great info about this from jstefanop and psycodad a few post above. Please read.

Dont waste another 64GB drive. Is not useful. For Apollo batch 1 owners YOU ONLY NEED TO UPGRADE ONE APOLLO. OK?

One node by IP. Only consider to have two nodes if they use different IP. One at home and another at workplace is rigth, very useful.
Another question about the nodes and how other systems connect to them.
I didn't open port 9333, instead I enabled upnp on my firewall.
When I first fired up the node, the 8 connected clients all appeared to be coming in over 9333. The connection looks like '85.25.134.54:9333    /LitecoinCore:0.17.1/'
The two additional connections appear to be using a different port: '24.50.217.117:53895 - /bitcore:1.1.0-exodus2/' this looks like port 53895 to me,
and this one: '188.131.162.86:47106 - /btc-seeder:0.0001/'  looks like port 47106.
Is this correct? Should I be worried about the connections not on 9333?

You are fine.

If still concerned, go here and check out your ports:
https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2
I have two Apollo's and I've upgraded both of them to the latest update with one running a full node. It's only been up for a short time and it's showing 9 connections so it looks like everything is working correctly (I also noticed the node count for futurebit went up by one, so I'm hoping that's me!!!  Smiley)
My question is, can I run another node on my other Apollo? Would it work since they're both behind the same firewall? Can you have multiple nodes behind a single firewall without having multiple public IP addresses?

Yes, you can 2 or more as long as you manually open unused / uncommon ports and map it to additional Apollo.
Pages:
Jump to: