Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread - page 15. (Read 49483 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 3
3. I'm not getting any inbound connections to my node.

Hm, thinking about this some more... is having my node be fully synchronized to the blockchain a precondition for getting inbound connections? It's not quite there yet. Maybe I'm just impatient!

Sure enough, once it got within about 500 blocks of the head of the chain I started to see inbound connections. Another Apollo node checking in!!

Hm, thinking about this some more... is having my node be fully synchronized to the blockchain a precondition for getting inbound connections? It's not quite there yet. Maybe I'm just impatient!
Hi everyone,

I've just upgraded both of my Apollos (a batch 1 and a batch 2) to the new firmware, replaced MCU on the batch 1, etc. They're both on different networks, and the batch 2 appears to be humming along nicely.

The batch 1 is having a few issues.

1. The MCU temp seems pretty high. It's at about 81C. Is this a concern?
2. My ssh connection to the node is very unstable. It appears as though this may be related to memory(?) since the connection doesn't have as many issues during startup/shutdown. But during steady state my ssh connections either hang and never authenticate, or I authenticate and get disconnected shortly thereafter. Perhaps it's due to litecoind performing its initial synchronization to the blockchain and this will fix itself once it's caught up. I'll keep an eye on it. The web UI doesn't appear to be affected negatively and the Apollo is mining succesfully, so this is an annoyance but not necessarily a problem.

Regarding the last point: my network is... different. I have the node sitting behind an edge router that ultimately breaks out into two load balanced WAN connections. How does litecoind know which public IP address to advertise to the world for getting inbound connections? Is it using some kind of STUN technique? I've coerced all outbound connections using TCP/9333 out of one specific WAN interface, but I'm not seeing anything come inbound. While my routers don't support UPnP (and even if they did I'd have disabled it ;-) I have confirmed that my port forwarding rules work fine.

Any tips on how to make sure the world sees the correct WAN IP are appreciated!
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Hi there ^^
I'm probably the 26 or 27.. from Tahiti, in the middle of nowhere Cheesy  Grin
I had to open the port manually.
My internet connection is full ahahah (got also few L3+ and S9 running) (1mo/s dowload max - 150/200 ko/s upload max, but it works Cheesy )
Just to tell those who hesitate because it looks complicated, don't hesitate anymore, if a noob like me gets there, it's within everyone's reach!

I have a little question, in few days i'm about to download another node from another project coming in phase 2 ..
wouldn't it be better to have a second connection ?

Happy mining and "nodeing" to everyone,
Take care all of you

ok.. not for me anymore..  (it took 2 days and half to download the all files)
i get connected only once.. almost quickly
But then i had to open the port ...(only 8 node)).. And when i opened the port everything get worth after.
Node never launch (only "block index..."), or get almost to start but never do (i waited 12h), HW increase like 4-5% and i can't reboot anything (when i try to stop, it reboot again and again (node too)). (took 5-10 minutes to have the red light)
And when i decided to disable the opened port, same.. can't have the node as i had the first time with only 8 node around.

24h later = Total mess up for me. going back to old version. i'll try later if there's an update with correctives.

What USB drive are you using?

Sorry for the delay :-s
Cause of confinement i had to use a integral USB 3.0 128Go, but it works the first time.. till the message on the dashboard 8/16 " you have to open ... 9333.. "
as i have 4G (vodasurf in Tahiti) and i'm noob in configuring network Cheesy i'd watched on web and youtube how to open forwoard port but i have a b311 huawei.
i made two things "in case of"
I "configure a virtual server to enable external computers to access services provided by LAN" (i copy past what i have on my huawei)
Name       WAN Port      LAN IP Address    LAN          PortProtocol
Futurbit    9333-9333     192.168.8.xxx      9333-9333     TCP/UDP

and in "spécial configuration" i "configure parameters to allow the use of special applications, such as online games, video conferencing, or IP phone over the LAN".
Name     Trigger Protocol   Trigger Port   Open Protocol    Open Port
Futurebit    TCP/UDP           9333           TCP/UDP              9333

we're now "free", i went to store and bought super talent 3.0 express drive 64Go, already in Fat32, i copied past again all in the Litecoin folder created (the first Litecoin.zip y've uploaded on mega {file was lighter})
I plug in, reboot, it seems to work again, but as it was long i went to bed.. and when i came back to see it seems to have crashed again.
i look in the .txt the report .. but it goes far beyond the few skills I have.
And if y copy paste here .. it would take one page ^^'
I replug now, reboot system, it's now rewinding blocks and still 35 in blockchair.. fingers crossed to be the 36

Up/ it took almost one hour to sync the blockchain and i still at 8 and it still ask me to open port, but !! few minutes ago, i saw the number reach to 9 ! and the red line go to green..
May be it's in the right way... and i have to wait a little; i'll update if any changes.
if i'm pretty sure it's cause of the box (4G) ...

up2/ or my internet service provider whom block port, fortunately a mate work there! i've just asked him, he will ask by his side.

legendary
Activity: 2117
Merit: 1397
Hi there ^^
My internet connection is full ahahah (got also few L3+ and S9 running) (1mo/s dowload max - 150/200 ko/s upload max, but it works Cheesy )
Just to tell those who hesitate because it looks complicated, don't hesitate anymore, if a noob like me gets there, it's within everyone's reach!

I have a little question, in few days i'm about to download another node from another project coming in phase 2 ..

Take care all of you

ok.. not for me anymore..  (it took 2 days and half to download the all files)
But then i had to open the port ...(only 8 node)).. And when i opened the port everything get worth after.
Node never launch (only "block index..."), or get almost to start but never do (i waited 12h), HW increase like 4-5% and i can't reboot anything (when i try to stop, it reboot again and again (node too)). (took 5-10 minutes to have the red light)
And when i decided to disable the opened port, same.. can't have the node as i had the first time with only 8 node around.

24h later = Total mess up for me. going back to old version. i'll try later if there's an update with correctives.

What USB drive are you using?
legendary
Activity: 2117
Merit: 1397
Hello, I've got two questions:

1. My node never reaches 16/16, stuck for a week on 15/16, is this expected?

Seems normal cuz mine been sitting on 10/16 for the last 3 days when i checked. 

Yea connections will rarely fill all 16. As long as your over 8 that means your fine and your node is connecting to the outside world.
Activity: 40

Seems normal cuz mine been sitting on 10/16 for the last 3 days when i checked. 
Activity: 6
Hello everyone. Just got my APOLLO batch 2 running full node last night. So i followed the directions, but was saying that my usb was not recognized or plugged in not properly when clicking the node dashboard. I click to start it after reboot on dashboard and kept giving me same response. So I simply shutdown the Apollo on the dashboard and when i turned it back on everything was running smoothly on node side. I find it pretty cool there are so few full nodes on LTC and the fact we can mine and be a full node at same time. Im not sure i fully understand the full node side of things for ltc other than decentralization of it. I was curious if there is a Discord group for FutureBit specifically Apollo for us to chat?
Activity: 15

2. When I check my IP on this site: http://nodes.blakeanderson.ca/networks/litecoin, it says: Error: ('xx.xx.xxx.xxx', 9333) closed connection
While the Apollo dashboard seems to be ok. When I restart my node I get a valid connection again, until it reaches 15/16 again and I get a closed connection again.. Anyone has a clue?
(Port is definitely correctly forwarded in my router settings.)
Hi there ^^

Take care all of you

ok.. not for me anymore..  (it took 2 days and half to download the all files)

legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224
EIN: 82-3893490

Thanks for sharing. So, 100% ASIC expert we’ve got here! Smiley

I’m still learning but recently became interested in privacy coins - before that invested some big money on ETH mining stuff which not happy with my decision. Didn’t do my homework enough! Grin

Running nodes is a nice thing to do. I‘m going to do the same soon with other coins too.

lol no expert but been mining for a while started originally back around 2010/2011 - stopped for a while and then started back near end of 2017/start of 2018.
Activity: 84
Merit: 6

It’s probably a personal question so feel free to ignore  Grin but what are your other fav coins out there?

Again, I understand it’s a private matter - so my apologies in advance. Smiley

nah i dont mind. currently mining dash, verge, litecoin, doge, litecoin cash, digibyte and bitcoin.

though I dont keep any real quantity of anything but doge and bitcoin.

the others are just ways to make revenue. Just started with giving verge a go at it today.

in the past i have mined bitcoin cash, monero, ethereum, ravencoin, x0, digital note and a handful of others that all get sold rather quickly.

I dont like to keep the alt coins but I like supporting crypto in general and that is why I run as many nodes as I can.

Thanks for sharing. So, 100% ASIC expert we’ve got here! Smiley

I’m still learning but recently became interested in privacy coins - before that invested some big money on ETH mining stuff which not happy with my decision. Didn’t do my homework enough! Grin

Running nodes is a nice thing to do. I‘m going to do the same soon with other coins too.
legendary

It’s probably a personal question so feel free to ignore  Grin but what are your other fav coins out there?

nah i dont mind. currently mining dash, verge, litecoin, doge, litecoin cash, digibyte and bitcoin.

though I dont keep any real quantity of anything but doge and bitcoin.

the others are just ways to make revenue. Just started with giving verge a go at it today.

in the past i have mined bitcoin cash, monero, ethereum, ravencoin, x0, digital note and a handful of others that all get sold rather quickly.

I dont like to keep the alt coins but I like supporting crypto in general and that is why I run as many nodes as I can.
Hi there ^^

Take care all of you

if you are asking about running multiple nodes for different projects that should not be an issue. I have close to 12 different nodes running now. I am currently loading a verge node even as I type this.

So now that I have my full node setup and running, (I think number 28?) does it or can it make me more money?  Securing the network is all well and good, but it would be greatly appreciated if I could increase my profits by running a full node.

Short answer: No!

You see those giant ASICs on litecoinpool? They suck up the coins -> we secure the network with our nodes -> so they can sell them high!!

But we are ok with that as long as our grand grand grand children can enjoy this decentralization business!
Activity: 15
So now that I have my full node setup and running, (I think number 28?) does it or can it make me more money?  Securing the network is all well and good, but it would be greatly appreciated if I could increase my profits by running a full node.
Hi there ^^

Take care all of you

if you are asking about running multiple nodes for different projects that should not be an issue. I have close to 12 different nodes running now. I am currently loading a verge node even as I type this.

<3 perfect
Thank you !
legendary
Hi there ^^

Take care all of you

Hi there ^^

Take care all of you
legendary
the only real disappointing thing is that my Apollo will never find a block lol its best share ever is less than 5,000 so no where near the share needed to find a block. but it mines great on a pps pool, I will just never go solo with it.

I found a block last month. Ok that's a lot of luck and probably won't find another, but I did find one!

I also found a block last year, at Litecoinpool  Wink.

Yea Litecoin is in a nice spot for solo mining right now with how low its diff is. If all Apollos are currently mining litecoin, there should be about one Apollo user finding a block every day.

That might be a fun update...build a website that keeps track of all blocks found by users Smiley

that would be cool though my apollo will never be on it lol I am using Awesome miner to get my best share - is it possible that AM reports the best share wrong?
Pages:
Jump to: