Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Gox / CoinLab Integration and Transition FAQ - page 3. (Read 20799 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

http://coinlab.com/status is a bit stale - March 21, 2013 was the last update -I was kind of hoping that coinlab would be humming along  by now. It would be nice to hear something from the coinlab people on this especially given the challenges over at mtgox today- I sent coinlab an email about two weeks ago that went unanswered.

I assumed that Coinlab got the class of customers they wish to provide service to and are happily chipping along.  Same with Tradehill.

I figure that some months ago Bitcoin markets generally move into the same mode as Wall Street.  That is, where a bulk of the participants are getting ass-raped without even knowing it and the real action happens outside of the channels they see.  Unlike in traditional markets where there is some token body who is, in theory, responsible for protecting the participants there is no such thing for Bitcoin at all.  Also unlike the traditional markets, the 'normal' participants still have plenty of wealth though.  The markets will, I'm confident, evolve to be highly efficient as stripping this.  When that task is done they can move on to mostly playing amongst themselves.

My understanding is that CoinLab was to transition ALL US and Canadian business through them (originally by the 31st of March 2013). In fact they indicated that if you were in the US or Canada that MTgox would no longer service you. Has there been a change of plan and if so what source did you get that information from?

I pulled the info straight out of my ass.  That's why I used terms like 'I figure' and 'I assume'.

Not that some of my conjectures don't have some basis in observation however.  For a period of time I had hoped to make use of either Tradehill or Coinlab's services so I've been watching for updates and noticing how extraordinarily silent they've become.  At least in terms of threads on this forum, responsiveness to communication attempts by us plebs,  and updates on their respective web sites.

It is especially interesting to note that in addition to being the CEO of this organization, ~vess is also the chairperson of the Bitcoin Foundation.  Or at least has a strong leadership role in each.  One has to conjecture that their interests are aligned to some extent.

Interesting  - It will be interesting to see what their position is once they do send out the next communication
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

http://coinlab.com/status is a bit stale - March 21, 2013 was the last update -I was kind of hoping that coinlab would be humming along  by now. It would be nice to hear something from the coinlab people on this especially given the challenges over at mtgox today- I sent coinlab an email about two weeks ago that went unanswered.

I assumed that Coinlab got the class of customers they wish to provide service to and are happily chipping along.  Same with Tradehill.

I figure that some months ago Bitcoin markets generally move into the same mode as Wall Street.  That is, where a bulk of the participants are getting ass-raped without even knowing it and the real action happens outside of the channels they see.  Unlike in traditional markets where there is some token body who is, in theory, responsible for protecting the participants there is no such thing for Bitcoin at all.  Also unlike the traditional markets, the 'normal' participants still have plenty of wealth though.  The markets will, I'm confident, evolve to be highly efficient as stripping this.  When that task is done they can move on to mostly playing amongst themselves.

My understanding is that CoinLab was to transition ALL US and Canadian business through them (originally by the 31st of March 2013). In fact they indicated that if you were in the US or Canada that MTgox would no longer service you. Has there been a change of plan and if so what source did you get that information from?

I pulled the info straight out of my ass.  That's why I used terms like 'I figure' and 'I assume'.

Not that some of my conjectures don't have some basis in observation however.  For a period of time I had hoped to make use of either Tradehill or Coinlab's services so I've been watching for updates and noticing how extraordinarily silent they've become.  At least in terms of threads on this forum, responsiveness to communication attempts by us plebs,  and updates on their respective web sites.

It is especially interesting to note that in addition to being the CEO of this organization, ~vess is also the chairperson of the Bitcoin Foundation.  Or at least has a strong leadership role in each.  One has to conjecture that their interests are aligned to some extent.

legendary

I thought all the users were supposed to be over at coinlab by the 22nd

Live -- March 22
We'll have everyone moved over by March 22!

Did I miss something, misinterpret what they were saying or are they just behind?

They pushed it back "a couple weeks" on March 21.

Source?

http://coinlab.com/status

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

Live -- March 22

Did I miss something, misinterpret what they were saying or are they just behind?

Source?

http://coinlab.com/status
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

Live -- March 22

Source?
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Peter,
Could you please explain what the F@#$ is going on with MtGox?!?!?
legendary
Hey Coinlab,

I scanned your site again for info on how you are going to be doing proof if identity.  Saw nothing.  I already have an miiCard account and I want to know if that will suffice.

I want to have some BTC with a reliable no-bullshit exchange primed to sell if an opportunity comes along.  I'll go with either you guys or Tradehill depending on who get's their act together first.

What I won't be doing is sending anyone either BTC or USD if they are going to hold it hostage until I provide passport scans and what-not.  I want unambiguous information on exactly what your policy is here.  To me USD and BTC are replaceable.  The loss of my identity is not.

Live -- March 22

What is the new go-live date?  - the coinlab website still says 22 march
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
I posted a serious of questions regarding the impact of the MTGox / Coinlab integration and transition on Canadians over three weeks ago. MTGox for their part were quick and efficient to provide a response, in spite of the fact that they are swamped with new account openings and the corresponding AML/KYC. Coinlab on the other hand has not provided any kind of response, not even an acknowledgement that they will respond.

I will let the reader be the judge.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

Live -- March 22

zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com
Yeah, I'm curious myself.. 

I haven't had to read through and (dis)agree to any new ToS, so right now I'm still trading through Gox.

Live -- March 22

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721
I have a question.

What the fuck is it and how long we (traders with good liquidity and own professional tools) will tolerate zero-give-a-fuck behavior from Mt.Gox side?

Thanks you.

Until they have a proper competitor.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I haven't heard a word on the fees that CoinLab will charge. I'm hoping it will be the same.
legendary
Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000
Id like to know how this will affect US UNVERIFIED USERS?
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Clown prophet
I have a question.

What the fuck is it and how long we (traders with good liquidity and own professional tools) will tolerate zero-give-a-fuck behavior from Mt.Gox side?

Thanks you.
SZD
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
I have a new mtgox account with no BTC bought.  If I buy BTC with USD on the 22nd (final transition date from Coinlab) will my money ever go overseas at all? Don't want to deal with the headache of registering an overseas account.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Question for either party (support ticket also in @ gox support)

I did not know the transition was so soon. My mtgox account is currently locked for 2 weeks due to losing my OTP. Can I transfer my coins out before Coinlab gets ahold of them?

This problem is getting increasingly annoying.

edit:
According to MagicalTux, the answer is that I will have a chance to move my coins out and then agree to the Coinlab ToS afterward. Crisis averted.
Pages:
Jump to: