Pages:
Author

Topic: Official group buy thread for avalon741 is closed no more orders! now frozen - page 3. (Read 6148 times)

legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Well, balls.

Guess I'm bringing in a hundred PSUs for nothing, unless the BTC issue gets resolved. Still hoping for that, because this was gonna be a pretty cool thing to get done.

Hopefully they'll be able to work it out. I mean it's an $80k sale just sitting in their laps with exactly one not unreasonable condition.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Well  it is simple  I have to do it in BTC  or I can not do it.  Mostly due  to USA banking rules.

So if canaan wants a bank transfer  the deal is dead.

I will see if they  come back with a btc  offer.

I have a guess  that they will not.      My reasoning is they have a restriction on BTC  to cash exchange.

I have one here in the USA  which is why I have to do it in BTC.

My apologies to all, but better this then  losing more then 75,000 US dollars  on a government seizure.

I will leave thread open  for venting,but don't blame canaan or me  most likely it is a case of governments and their rules about commerce.

oh well.

I guess I will go back to my gpu thread.

It's a bummer, but I was starting to wonder if this would happen with the size of the order we were talking about.

Don't blame you or Canaan. I do appreciate you and sidehack putting up so much effort for little return.

Now, if Steve can help get my order (#89619) done, that would be great! For some reason they responded to my ticket to say that Lily would respond with BTC address information... and then somehow deleted my order number (on receipt) from the ticket. Now it looks like my ticket number is driving my place in line? (#89790 & #89774?).

This system is confusing...
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
Well  it is simple  I have to do it in BTC  or I can not do it.  Mostly due  to USA banking rules.

So if canaan wants a bank transfer  the deal is dead.

I will see if they  come back with a btc  offer.

I have a guess  that they will not.      My reasoning is they have a restriction on BTC  to cash exchange.

I have one here in the USA  which is why I have to do it in BTC.

My apologies to all, but better this then  losing more then 75,000 US dollars  on a government seizure.

I will leave thread open  for venting,but don't blame canaan or me  most likely it is a case of governments and their rules about commerce.

oh well.

I guess I will go back to my gpu thread.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
I also definitely would not send that kind of money wire transfer especially if you need to exchange from btc.

What does surprise me is that they only take btc if you order 59 units.

On the site they have skids of 60 units and 3 controllers and they are noted wire transfer only.

We will see. Hopefully with btc trending up today there is not much risk to them.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
I think it was pretty clear from the very beginning that this group buy will use BTC as a payment method to gather funds.
I don't know how this can be so surprising to mr. Steven Mosher.
With all respect.
Activity: 2576
Merit: 882
Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2
why not using bank wire? Its even better i think and at least stable.

First, you have to exchange it and get a wire into your bank account from a crypto exchange and then you have to wire it to China. Wiring amounts over $10,000 obligates banks to have to perform extra AML checks and inform the relevant authorities including the tax man. It certainly can't be done quickly and could cause all sorts of unforeseen problems in the future.
Activity: 10
why not using bank wire? Its even better i think and at least stable.
Activity: 56
Here's hoping Phil and Canaan can come to a BTC agreement. I too would not want to deal with a wire for a group buy.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
Best I can think of would be for you and Canaan to agree on a set BTC price based on a fair guestimate of recent average exchange rate from who they reference to. Considering overall BTC is showing gain it rather makes for a fair known spot price and if BTC goes up/down during the exchange that's just how markets go.

Biggest regulatory hurdle might be that Canaan has to move that kind of money directly through the banking systems on both ends for traceability....
legendary
Oh, well, I did not see the group sale page in time.
If someone drops out, I am interested in one 741 plus one PSU, not sure about pi since I have pi2 doing nothing (would not object if I have to buy one), going to sidehack's place if he would have it (for hosting). If he does, then I don't need the shipping out.
In any case, let me know if someone would not pay or otherwise drop out or decrease their participation.

Re Irma, we just got over Harvey around here and it was a doozy (part of the city is still underwater); I would hope that this terrible hurricane (Irma) somehow turns away and spare people.

Thanks.

Don't feel bad.  I most likely will not be able to do this deal.

Steve emailed me five minutes ago telling me the deal needs to be done via bank wire not btc.

Well there goes ten hours of work for nothing .

I am tired I will double check if there is a solution . Does not look good at the moment.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
Oh, well, I did not see the group sale page in time.
If someone drops out, I am interested in one 741 plus one PSU, not sure about pi since I have pi2 doing nothing (would not object if I have to buy one), going to sidehack's place if he would have it (for hosting). If he does, then I don't need the shipping out.
In any case, let me know if someone would not pay or otherwise drop out or decrease their participation.

Re Irma, we just got over Harvey around here and it was a doozy (part of the city is still underwater); I would hope that this terrible hurricane (Irma) somehow turns away and spares people.

Thanks.
legendary

@ Fantom2k83 = 10 units, 1 rasp pi Ship to Delaware ,USA --pm sent on hold btc issue

I will talk to them later tonight we may not be able to help you.

still waiting
Foofighter = 1 unit + 1 rasp pi + 1 sidehack psu --Austria pm sent...waiting for confirm

At those I have told they are on a waiting list I will sort you out in the morning it is late and I am tired.

Steve has confirmed shipping cost to usa all orders reflect shipping cost. to usa

no order price reflects reship cost

I will need address and phone from side hack  to get gear to his warehouse.

I will need an email from all buyers to allow for rma service

I am crashing out for the night.

get your coins ready. for the main payment

get your coins ready for the psu payment to sidekick

get your coins ready for reshipping or if you are lucky  talk to sidekick about a pickup

Lastly the biggest hurricane in the atlantic oceanEver recorded  IRMA is cranking up  and bearing down on USA

so not sure if we can do full collection and payment before it hits but I would like to do this faster.

peace out I going to bed.
legendary
Activity: 558
Merit: 295
Walter Russell's Cosmogony is RIGHT!
Please note I'm looking for ONE ..actual Canaan official controller (the kit with cable etc from the official website)
I'm assuming that is what you have me down for..
I just realized it IS a Ras Pi3..oopps excuse my rookie mistake.
Activity: 34
I think there was a waitlist... Hopefully those of us could get a chance Cheesy

I have BTC in wallet ready to go
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Am I collecting directly for PSUs? If I collect directly for re-shipping US orders that can all be done at once.

Good idea!

Phil;

Do you think the unconfirmed quantity presents a problem if they remain unconfirmed?  As the price and shipping cost could vary as a result.

Would a backup plan be wise, like those on the list could add 1 unit by paying $758 extra?

Or am I over/under thinking it?
Activity: 351
Merit: 410
philipma1957, I just sent my confirmation to you via PM. Apologies for the delayed response; I live in the UTC+08:00 time zone.
legendary
Ballpark... about how long will you leave the window for payment open? I'm usually asleep 5 hours from now. For like 4 hours, lol.

yeah we have people all over the world on this buy.

Steve works in china

but I most likely  will not start collecting until 6am  eastern standard time and end at 1pm eastern standard time.

that is New York City time.

that covers  USA and Europe   pretty well.

I am going to tell him we have a commitment 

for 80 -101  741's

and 15- 20 rasp pi's

I need a shipping number from him  as I used 30 bucks a unit  as a ballpark number for the china to usa shipping cost.

legendary
Am I collecting directly for PSUs? If I collect directly for re-shipping US orders that can all be done at once.

yeah  I am thinking you handle the psu funds and the usa shipping funds.

I just did a list above you.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Ballpark... about how long will you leave the window for payment open? I'm usually asleep 5 hours from now. For like 4 hours, lol.
Pages:
Jump to: