Pages:
Author

Topic: [Official] ROKOS [flavors] Crypto Full node OS |IoT Devices |Feedback/Discussion - page 20. (Read 74783 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
ROKOS looks interesting, something that I will look into soon
legendary
Activity: 1140
Merit: 1004
OK
troubleshooting for no connection to download the bitcoin chain? internet is working on my pi. wallet wont get any sort of connection to download . says "No block source available..."

Thanks guys,

Awesome OS, cant wait for flavours!!

Sorted

Thank you for your feedback, ROKOS flavors should be ready in the coming weeks!
legendary
OK
can anyone tell me how to make okcash wallet start on startup on the pi2

ty

To run the client automatically on startup, edit '/etc/rc.local' file and add before the line that says "exit 0":

su pi -c '/usr/local/bin/okcashd &'

and that's it, it will start on auto, if need further support just let me know.

Cheers.
Activity: 11
troubleshooting for no connection to download the bitcoin chain? internet is working on my pi. wallet wont get any sort of connection to download . says "No block source available..."

Thanks guys,

Awesome OS, cant wait for flavours!!

Sorted
Activity: 24
can anyone tell me how to make okcash wallet start on startup on the pi2

ty
legendary
OK
In regards to the Pin64, anyone thinking about buying one should read here >
 http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/491-need-help-on-pine-a64-15-64bit-quad-core-12ghz-single-board-computer/

I will stick with the Raspberry Pi 2.

With every new tech there's concerns, Ive already had a read but dont agree with some of the views, even so that is one of the
nice things about the ROKOS project, when we get it in march we can do some benchmark with the Banana vs Pi 2 vs PINE64
So users can have better information while making the decision of IoT device selection.

Thanks for your feedback!

Yes! that would be great to see.  Always nice to say comparisons.  Great work guys.

Thank you! already working on ROKOS flavors for Pi2.
legendary
OK
BPiPro never wakes up from screen saver when running HDMI I always have to reboot (os is still running in background)

are the hdmi drivers loaded in this image or how to wake up once screen saver kicks in?

Q: The screen saver function in the R-Pi image could not wake up the B-Pi. how can I avoid the screen saver starting in this os?

A: See this Link. You need to edit your script, so locate:

/etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf

in the SeatDefaults section. It's a command for starting the X server, so it just needs to be modified. To make it turn off the screen saver use:

dpmsxserver-command=X -s 0 -dpms

BananaPRO hw direct issue fix from official source: http://www.lemaker.org/product-bananapro-faq.html

Let me know if you need further support, cheers
Activity: 770
Merit: 511
Im the One who Knocks.
 http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/491-need-help-on-pine-a64-15-64bit-quad-core-12ghz-single-board-computer/

With every new tech there's concerns, Ive already had a read but dont agree with some of the views, even so that is one of the
nice things about the ROKOS project, when we get it in march we can do some benchmark with the Banana vs Pi 2 vs PINE64
So users can have better information while making the decision of IoT device selection.

Yes! that would be great to see.  Always nice to say comparisons.  Great work guys.
Activity: 360
Merit: 100
BPiPro never wakes up from screen saver when running HDMI I always have to reboot (os is still running in background)

are the hdmi drivers loaded in this image or how to wake up once screen saver kicks in?
legendary
OK
we not need a video gaming pine64 just the ram to run more wallets Smiley

That's correct, and congratulations, successful campaign now just waiting for the Device by being Official Backers.

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
we not need a video gaming pine64 just the ram to run more wallets Smiley
legendary
OK

legendary
OK
re: the wifi driver for the banana pi pro,  see:  http://wiki.lemaker.org/BananaPro/Pi:WiFi_configuration

Correct, Thanks, will add it to tutorials section on site.
Activity: 770
Merit: 511
Im the One who Knocks.

legendary
OK
OK - logged in successfully but running raspi-config kicks an error when I try to run

Option 2 Change the User Password for default user pi -  I get "there was an error running option 2.  Change the user password"

also option 3 of raspi-config tells me the 'pi' user is removed (guessing that's why option 2 fails)

quitting raspi-config and startx manually does work as user bananapi but I get some error gui...  that doesn't like the user.

also, the wifi config app does not recognize the onboard wifi adapter.    are the nic drivers included in the new image?

Thank you for your feedback, please do it this way (Instructions updated)

1.- login with bananapi user and bananapi as password.

2.- run:  sudo raspi-config    and select expand the filesystem, timezone and restart.

3.- login and run: startx to start the graphical UI.  (if you get an error message the first time is because is creating the profile for the user for the first time, after reboot you wont get the message again)

4.- System ready for use.

It does not include the drivers for the nic as not every Bananapi comes with the wifi antena, but you are right, next version update will include it, same way will improve its raspi-config features to allow auto login from easy setup.

OK - logged in successfully but running raspi-config kicks an error when I try to run

Option 2 Change the User Password for default user pi -  I get "there was an error running option 2.  Change the user password"

also option 3 of raspi-config tells me the 'pi' user is removed (guessing that's why option 2 fails)

quitting raspi-config and startx manually does work as user bananapi but I get some error gui...  that doesn't like the user.

also, the wifi config app does not recognize the onboard wifi adapter.    are the wlan nic drivers included in the new image?
legendary
OK
Thanks for the BananaPi image!

I fired up my BPro with it but it does not auto login like the raspberry image...  

What are the login credentials?

Yw,

Updated instructions at: http://rokos.space/rokos_core.html  and ANN

For new core Banana release
user: bananapi  password: bananapi
remember to first run   sudo raspi-config, expand file system, select time zone and here can select the auto logon to desktop, like it says on the instructions.
Thanks for the BananaPi image!

I fired up my BPro with it but it does not auto login like the raspberry image... 

What are the login credentials?
legendary
OK

New ROKOS core v4 Bitcoin Fullnode release for BananaPi PRO devices

ROKOS v4 "core" for BananaPi PRO - Download (1.15Gb)
Jan 21 2016
MD5 Checksum: EA6F8AE7C7E8870C3E06954E3F67689E
SHA-1 Checksum: C3DF1D645AA40E138E198AD338288D1066A9CA41
SHA-256 Checksum: F55223849DC694EB747E6C334985D47824D58EEB03EB5EAA6EC057177B06005C
SHA-512 Checksum: B16ADC2A15400BD77802068752F98A61EE13A2F60C0D0D2D6A12192BE6EE29B220D448A11F366EF 4BF04926676DAA6563B43F24EE7FA73A453DBB332C43FA34A

Pages:
Jump to: