Pages:
Author

Topic: [Official] ROKOS [flavors] Crypto Full node OS |IoT Devices |Feedback/Discussion - page 23. (Read 74783 times)

legendary
Activity: 1140
Merit: 1004
OK
Hi.
Why you will to include in this installation (bulky and heavy) Bitcoin Core wallet

if there is an easy and convenient Electrum?

ROKOS is getting released in different versions.

ROKOS core : Directly released to support Bitcoin to create full nodes (hence provided with all core features)

ROKOS flavors: Directly released to support Cryptocurrencies to create full nodes and/or stake. (full features)

and will be releasing special versions as well like:

ROKOS lite:  Directly released to support Bitcoin on Lite mode (Electrum servers, non blockchain sync needed solutions)

ROKOS "own brand": Directly released for the solicitor currency.

All the versions will get updated/released to work with different IoT devices
(at the moment ROKOS core has been released for Raspberry Pi devices, more soon to come)

Thanks for the support DMD, and a detailed explanation

Thanks to you and all the users feedback and communities making this happen.

This thread will now be exclusive for Flavors discussion.

New Dedicated thread for discussion/feedback for "ROKOS Core Bitcoin" at: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/official-rokos-core-bitcoin-full-node-raspberry-pi-p64-iot-feedbackdiscussion-1312616
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013
DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/
Hi.
Why you will to include in this installation (bulky and heavy) Bitcoin Core wallet

ROKOS core : Directly released to support Bitcoin to create full nodes (hence provided with all core features)

ROKOS flavors: Directly released to support Cryptocurrencies to create full nodes and/or stake. (full features)

ROKOS lite:  Directly released to support Bitcoin on Lite mode (Electrum servers, non blockchain sync needed solutions)

(at the moment ROKOS core has been released for Raspberry Pi devices, more soon to come)

Thanks for the support DMD, and a detailed explanation
legendary
OK
This are the requirements to get integrated into ROKOS, with a promo for the first 4 coins to become part of ROKOS "flavors" for every future release.

Want your Cryptocurrency Client and node included in ROKOS "Flavors" release?

0.25 BTC (or OKcash Equivalent) to support development
Requirement to get added to all future "Flavors" upgrades/releases. (Permanently added to upcoming flavors releases)
*Only 4 spots permanent add promo. Only 1 spots left.

0.15 BTC (or OKcash Equivalent) to support development
Requirement to get added only to next "Flavors" upgrade/release. (1 flavors release)

0.50 BTC (or OKcash Equivalent) to support development
Requirement to get an Exclusive version release for your cryptocurrency with your custom cryptocurrency wallpaper and version name.

OK is Honored with the new cross collaboration with ENRG:

Congratulations to EnergyCoin ENRG for claiming the "third spot permanent add promo"
showing Real commitment to their communities to support long term adoption.

ENRG is getting integrated in the base coins for all coming ROKOS flavors releases.

What is ROKOS?
http://rokos.space
legendary
OK
This are the requirements to get integrated into ROKOS, with a promo for the first 4 coins to become part of ROKOS "flavors" for every future release.

Requirement to get added to all future "Flavors" upgrades/releases. (Permanently added to upcoming flavors releases)
*Only 4 spots permanent add promo. Only 2 spots left.

Requirement to get added only to next "Flavors" upgrade/release. (1 flavors release)

Requirement to get an Exclusive version release for your cryptocurrency with your custom cryptocurrency wallpaper and version name.

OK is Honored with the new cross collaboration with DMD:

Congratulations to Diamond DMD for claiming the "second spot permanent add promo"

DMD is getting integrated in the base coins for all coming ROKOS flavors releases.

What is ROKOS?
legendary
OK

OK now official supporter for a new IoT device PINE64+ The First $15 64-Bit Single Board Super Computer
ROKOS core and flavors are getting released for it as well; Becoming the 2nd supported IoT device.

I get the device on March so expect that version update/release some time after testing and integration.

https://twitter.com/OKtoshi_/status/683078125626982400
legendary
OK
dont mix editions as i understand core and flavors run different coins

wouldbe worth consider run a extra thread for each edition to remove confusion

Correct, will be creating its own thread for the "Core" version feedback over the Bitcoin section,

This thread will remain for history and for the "Flavors" version feedback.

Thanks for the feedback!
legendary
OK
Hi.

ROKOS lite:  Directly released to support Bitcoin on Lite mode (Electrum servers, non blockchain sync needed solutions)

legendary
OK
Thank you for give EnergyCoin the opportunity to participate in this platform!

This fits perfect in the plans we have for our future applications for saving Energy.
See also my tweed about that: https://twitter.com/GEO_Jan/status/682625716626808833
I hope SOIL also join us because the Ethereum dApps possibilities for Internet of Things co-creation applications .
Thanks as well,
an honor to cross collaborate with ENRG,
will share the update of its integration as base currency for ROKOS flavors in next minutes.

Nice Flock Iteration! The chaordic organization way, I like,  RTd Wink
legendary
OK
if a user want to plug in the rasspery just with LAN or WLAN and power connected
and remote manage it at least from inside the same LAN/WLAN

what ways u preinstall for easy activation
u can have it default installed but allow noone to connect
but easy guide how to adapt rules

VNC for example

i know for sure i dont want a keyborard monitor connected to my rasspery
want to manage it form my normal PC

because u have nice gui we need more than just a hardcore SSH conmnection and console

I can see what you mean, at the moment users can connect and manage it via SSH if they want,

Totally agreed on VNC, it is a great suggestion to add so users can access its visual desktop and manage them directly
(wrote it down to improvements)

Will be adding a TUTORIALS video section to the website after the ROKOS flavors release, to help/assist
new users with set up/ doubts / tips.

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
dont mix editions as i understand core and flavors run different coins

wouldbe worth consider run a extra thread for each edition to remove confusion
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013
DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/
Hi.

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
if a user want to plug in the rasspery just with LAN or WLAN and power connected
and remote manage it at least from inside the same LAN/WLAN

what ways u preinstall for easy activation
u can have it default installed but allow noone to connect
but easy guide how to adapt rules

VNC for example

i know for sure i dont want a keyborard monitor connected to my rasspery
want to manage it form my normal PC

because u have nice gui we need more than just a hardcore SSH conmnection and console
legendary
OK
Thanks for the participation and feedback, Honored to support Bitcoin and Crypto get to the next level.

I got a question from a user:

Q= Did u think to add the webaccess like http://stakebox.com/ offers?
paycoin also worked on a webgui
https://github.com/PaycoinFoundation/Paycoin-RaspberryPi

A= Ive seen at it already and have not implemented based on my perception of security and resources, meaning:

a) The load of the webgui is done by apache/nginx/etc server which connects to the Daemon, which adds extra resources consumption. we add the daemon and graphical client natively compiled for the IoT device, which means no extra programs/software required. (saving resources)

b) It opens new ports for web access which lowers the security of the device as it becomes more aim-able / prone for attacks.

So I honestly don't see the benefit of adding it. It would make sense if not integrating natively the graphical clients in my humble opinion,
I am sharing this question on the ANN for users knowledge and feedback,
as if it gets requested/petitioned by the users I could see to it and at least we could
leave it all set up but inactive/OFF so only the users that need/want can start it/deploy.  I really see no benefit tho.

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

*Only 4 spots permanent add promo. Only 3 spots left.

OK is Honored with the new cross collaboration with GMC:

Congratulations to GameCredits GMC for claiming the "first spot permanent add promo"

GMC is getting integrated in the base coins for all coming ROKOS flavors releases.

Awesome!  What a great way to bring in the new year!

great news on this collaboration, happy to see some energy efficient purpose built devices Smiley
Activity: 247
Merit: 100

Congratulations to GameCredits GMC for claiming the "first spot permanent add promo"

GMC is getting integrated in the base coins for all coming ROKOS flavors releases.

Awesome!  What a great way to bring in the new year!
legendary
OK

legendary
OK
Hi Devs congratulation for your project, it is really nice, my ask is about the add of new coins clients to rockos it is very hard, do we have some guide for do this?

thanks

Thanks for the kind words, ROKOS will always have 2 versions released and updated.

1st Version is ROKOS "core" aimed to support/develop BTC clients/nodes and OK.

2nd Version (in the making) is ROKOS "flavors" which aims to integrate a minimum of 4 different cryptocurrencies (preferably stakeable ones)
based on their developers/communities support to the project, so they can experience the ease of use at having the pre-installed clients/nodes ready for use.

I will make a "How to" guide as soon as i get some free time so people that don't know how, can compile their own wallets into the system.

*Only 4 spots permanent add promo.

Happy New Year,

Awesome work Oktoshi,

Game Credits wanna join ROKOS.

Best wishes

Nele

Happy New Year!

Thank you, I am honored and glad to participate in adding GMC to ROKOS flavors base cryptocurrencies.

Will share the update and start the preparations,
GMC will get permanently added and updated on future ROKOS flavors releases,
and will get added to the ROKOS website as well.
Sending you a PM with more info about it.

Ty and Best Wishes for this 2016, congratulations on the webelinx.com adoption!
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
member of GameCredits Dev team
Hi Devs congratulation for your project, it is really nice, my ask is about the add of new coins clients to rockos it is very hard, do we have some guide for do this?

thanks

Thanks for the kind words, ROKOS will always have 2 versions released and updated.

1st Version is ROKOS "core" aimed to support/develop BTC clients/nodes and OK.

2nd Version (in the making) is ROKOS "flavors" which aims to integrate a minimum of 4 different cryptocurrencies (preferably stakeable ones)
based on their developers/communities support to the project, so they can experience the ease of use at having the pre-installed clients/nodes ready for use.

I will make a "How to" guide as soon as i get some free time so people that don't know how, can compile their own wallets into the system.

*Only 4 spots permanent add promo.

Happy New Year,

Awesome work Oktoshi,

Game Credits wanna join ROKOS.

Best wishes

Nele

legendary
OK
Very happy with all the users feedback, already has 160+ downloads, and got published in a lot of different media sites in different languages.

It requires its own space now, so were releasing the New ROKOS website to find the Core OS and future releases.
Thanks for the Support, Happy New YearPi 2016 !

https://twitter.com/bitcoin_ok_pi/status/682478328587120641
legendary
OK

Suggested Systems requests to add support in coming ROKOS releases.

- Quad core Odroid C1 (Approx == Pi 2 B) is unstable running Bitcoin Core, it would be interesting to try out your ISO on an XU-4. ~Aussiehash from r/bitcoin.

- PINE64 ~Arianna Hernandez from Cryptonoticias.
Pages:
Jump to: