Pages:
Author

Topic: [Official] ROKOS [flavors] Crypto Full node OS |IoT Devices |Feedback/Discussion - page 21. (Read 74783 times)

legendary
Activity: 1140
Merit: 1004
OK
it would be great have somehwre a easy to access overview of permanent flavors wallets
first page maybe of this thread (u said this thread will be dedicated flavors so should adapt first posting please)

so i can choose from what of that coins i buy me some more

run 2 maybe 3 wallets sure possible
and u can switch between them if ya wana have coins in even more flavor coins

Agreed and is planned,

I'm almost done with ROKOS core for the BananaPRO, will update the release and then start
updating this ANN and thread with the coming Flavors release and clear images about the Base Integrated Cryptocurrencies.

Same way next week should start sharing some screenshots and advances with the different cryptocurrency developers/communities.

What is best to buy, The Banan Pro or te Raspberry Pi 2 (latest model?)

Best would be to get a Raspberry Pi 2 from those options (bigger community) (systems are almost the same).
Have a look at PINE64+ , we are official backers/supporters of the project and packs twice the power of the Pi2, should have its system ready for those in march/april.

Wow, the Pine64 looks amazing.  Now i think i should wait before buying a Pi or Pine64.  When the pine64 are released, it should cut the price of the Pi by 30-50% to compete with it... very tempted to buy the pine64 now... hard choice to make!

Which one would be easier to program staking wallets on? Pi or Pine64?

Agreed, and yes in theory packing twice the power with an improved proc and ram should be even more stable and fast than pi, hence why I decided to back officially the project and will be made one of the central parts of a new advancements in the project for the near future.

True, pi already starting to lower their prices because the new disruptive technologies now officially backed and soon powered by disruptive ROKOS and Crypto software.
Activity: 770
Merit: 511
Im the One who Knocks.
it would be great have somehwre a easy to access overview of permanent flavors wallets
first page maybe of this thread (u said this thread will be dedicated flavors so should adapt first posting please)

Agreed and is planned,

I'm almost done with ROKOS core for the BananaPRO, will update the release and then start
updating this ANN and thread with the coming Flavors release and clear images about the Base Integrated Cryptocurrencies.

Same way next week should start sharing some screenshots and advances with the different cryptocurrency developers/communities.

Best would be to get a Raspberry Pi 2 from those options (bigger community) (systems are almost the same).
Have a look at PINE64+ , we are official backers/supporters of the project and packs twice the power of the Pi2, should have its system ready for those in march/april.

Wow, the Pine64 looks amazing.  Now i think i should wait before buying a Pi or Pine64.  When the pine64 are released, it should cut the price of the Pi by 30-50% to compete with it... very tempted to buy the pine64 now... hard choice to make!

Which one would be easier to program staking wallets on? Pi or Pine64?
legendary
OK

Agreed and is planned,

Im the One who Knocks.

Agreed and is planned,

legendary
OK

Agreed and is planned,

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

legendary
OK
Hi,

Really intrested to learn more about using Raspberry Pi 2  for PoS coin Staking.

I want to be able to use the Pi 2, to run my I/O Coin wallet.   What would be required to do this please?

Would the developers of I/OCoin need to write a script?  As the only versions are available are for the Windows and Macs? So there would need to be a Linux version of the wallet for it to work with the Pi?

Any help is greatly appreciated many thanks.

Hi,

Will add tech and info video tutorials to the website after rokos release.

Would only need the I/O devs to get in touch and claim a position for a coming release and will gladly integrate them into the ROKOS system.
I compile them natively so there should be no issues on adding it to the system. (Positions Promo)

Always glad to cross collaborate, Best Regards.

Thats great, could you tell me how it works "integrate them into the ROKOS system"?

What is your website address please?  Also, the fee is 0.15BTC ?

And I/OCoin gets a program to run on the Pi that will run the wallets to stake them?

Sure, ROK OS is a full operating system for Raspberry pi 2, (will release it for BananaPi and PINE64 in coming weeks as well and future devices)

The ROK OS website is: http://rokos.space
That is correct, the donation of 0.15btc gets it added to the "next release only", meaning if later they want to include on the OS released for other systems it would have to claim per each new release (with the 0.15donation), that is why I made a promotion of 0.45btc to get added permanently to the future releases (meaning 1 time donation and get released in any future ROKOS flavors release (for bananapi, pine64, future devices, software updates))

Correct, if added the system will include a node and clients to run I/O coin on the system (with staking and features) with one click like the rest of the included (claimed) cryptocurrencies, gets I/O wallpapers into the system, links to I/O resources and gets promoted in full on ROKOS as a base currency.

OK, so if i understand this correctly. I is not the same as downloading the QT wallet now and staking via that. It would be using your "service" as a third party?

Coins will be staked on your system?   A little confused.  I wanted something that would run a QT wallet to stake just like on a laptop/desktop.

What is "rokos as a base currency?" 

It is the same QT wallets but on the IoT devices (raspberry, banana, pine)

ROKOS is an OS, like windows, linux, etc (it is linux based)  free for download to the users, the nice thing is it includes all the base currencies in the system already, so the users only burn the OS to their cards and can use any of the included currencies (like they use on windows or linux)

It is your Operating System, so there is no 3rd parties involved, you are the sole owner of the system, nobody else has access to it.

"in ROKOS as a base currency" means, that when the ROKOS flavors get released, it will be promoted with all the "base currencies" (the ones that claimed a permanent position in the system for future upgrades/releases).

Hope this helps, glad to answer any further doubt of course.

Thank you, i am new to Raspberry Pi's so please excuse if i sound a little "stupid". Your replies made things more clear. The purpose of your OS is to make it easier for people to take coins on PI's right and of course for your time, effort,  all teh hard work, there is a one off small fee to have the coin on your OS.

You mention "includes all the base currencies in the system already" but if i only want the 1 currency, i can easily delete the others?

Thanks for your help .  Smiley

Glad it helped, that is correct, I request a small donation fee as cross collaboration, that gets used to pay the development, domain/hosting and help the project grow by acquiring more devices for testing/release among others.

Correct as well, the OS includes all the claimed cryptocurrencies, but if you only want to use one, you can just ignore the rest.

Yw, a pleasure to help.
Im the One who Knocks.
Hi,

Really intrested to learn more about using Raspberry Pi 2  for PoS coin Staking.

I want to be able to use the Pi 2, to run my I/O Coin wallet.   What would be required to do this please?

Would the developers of I/OCoin need to write a script?  As the only versions are available are for the Windows and Macs? So there would need to be a Linux version of the wallet for it to work with the Pi?

Hi,

Would only need the I/O devs to get in touch and claim a position for a coming release and will gladly integrate them into the ROKOS system.
I compile them natively so there should be no issues on adding it to the system. (Positions Promo)

Thats great, could you tell me how it works "integrate them into the ROKOS system"?

And I/OCoin gets a program to run on the Pi that will run the wallets to stake them?

Sure, ROK OS is a full operating system for Raspberry pi 2, (will release it for BananaPi and PINE64 in coming weeks as well and future devices)

That is correct, the donation of 0.15btc gets it added to the "next release only", meaning if later they want to include on the OS released for other systems it would have to claim per each new release (with the 0.15donation), that is why I made a promotion of 0.45btc to get added permanently to the future releases (meaning 1 time donation and get released in any future ROKOS flavors release (for bananapi, pine64, future devices, software updates))

Correct, if added the system will include a node and clients to run I/O coin on the system (with staking and features) with one click like the rest of the included (claimed) cryptocurrencies, gets I/O wallpapers into the system, links to I/O resources and gets promoted in full on ROKOS as a base currency.

OK, so if i understand this correctly. I is not the same as downloading the QT wallet now and staking via that. It would be using your "service" as a third party?

Coins will be staked on your system?   A little confused.  I wanted something that would run a QT wallet to stake just like on a laptop/desktop.

ROKOS is an OS, like windows, linux, etc (it is linux based)  free for download to the users, the nice thing is it includes all the base currencies in the system already, so the users only burn the OS to their cards and can use any of the included currencies (like they use on windows or linux)

It is your Operating System, so there is no 3rd parties involved, you are the sole owner of the system, nobody else has access to it.

"in ROKOS as a base currency" means, that when the ROKOS flavors get released, it will be promoted with all the "base currencies" (the ones that claimed a permanent position in the system for future upgrades/releases).

Thank you, i am new to Raspberry Pi's so please excuse if i sound a little "stupid". Your replies made things more clear. The purpose of your OS is to make it easier for people to take coins on PI's right and of course for your time, effort,  all teh hard work, there is a one off small fee to have the coin on your OS.

You mention "includes all the base currencies in the system already" but if i only want the 1 currency, i can easily delete the others?

Thanks for your help .  Smiley
legendary
OK
Hi,

Hi,

Im the One who Knocks.
Hi,

Hi,

legendary
OK
Hi,

Hi,

Im the One who Knocks.
Hi,

Hi,

What is the best/recommended Raspberry Pi to use also?

Many thanks.
legendary
OK
Hi,

Hi,

Im the One who Knocks.
Hi,

Really intrested to learn more about using Raspberry Pi 2  for PoS coin Staking.

I want to be able to use the Pi 2, to run my I/O Coin wallet.   What would be required to do this please?

Would the developers of I/OCoin need to write a script?  As the only versions are available are for the Windows and Macs? So there would need to be a Linux version of the wallet for it to work with the Pi?

Activity: 356
Merit: 250
That's cool I get that. I was just pointing out that hey I tried it anyway and it didn't fit Tongue
legendary
OK
Worth noting that the bitcoin blockchain doesn't fit on a pi with just a 64gb micro SD. I've run out of space while still several weeks behind. Will need a USB or something.

Please read the Requirements and Instructions, it is clearly stated that the blockchain must be saved on an external device (USB,HDD,etc)
as said on previous comments and for some while now, MicroSD cards corrupt with time because the overwrites process, in the
requirements it says:

Requirements:
ROKOS v4 "core":
- Raspberry Pi B or 2 (Pi2 recommended) (Might work with A but further testing is required, hence not supported/recommended)

- Min 8gb SD card and an External device (usb / hdd / ssd). To sync the BTC chain on the external device instead of the SD card, BTC chain alone is around 40gb.

Plus it adds speed, efficiency and stability (hence why it is a requirement).
Activity: 356
Merit: 250
Worth noting that the bitcoin blockchain doesn't fit on a pi with just a 64gb micro SD. I've run out of space while still several weeks behind. Will need a USB or something.
legendary
OK
is it working on a old raspberry too?
i know some guys have a old one and wana use rokos too

v2 supports Pi b, however 512mb and the previous processor are not enough to run the system in a stable and efficient manner,
even more with all the base coins inclusion (we do not recommend systems with less than 1024mb ram), So ROKOS is officially
supported/released for > 1024mb devices, (if enough people request a version for B, can look into it, however those are obsolete already with the rythm of IoT development and new systems)
legendary
is it working on a old raspberry too?
i know some guys have a old one and wana use rokos too
legendary

Active promos for claim: link

OK is Honored with the new cross collaboration with Europecoin:

Congratulations to ERC for claiming a "Permanent add promo"
showing Real commitment to their communities to support long term adoption.

Europecoin is getting integrated in the base coins for all coming ROKOS flavors releases for IoT devices.

What is ROKOS?
http://rokos.space

thats nice so i will be able stake my DMD and my ERC on same box  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: