Author

Topic: Official Thread: AMT - page 215. (Read 678353 times)

Activity: 105
Merit: 10
February 27, 2014, 02:28:08 AM
AMT, and my fellow miners...

I will be down there within 12 hours to check out your facility and your 1.2 TH/s miner.

I received an EMAIL from Jim, discouraging my visit; however I need to see this for myself and for the forums sake. This will put all bull crap and speculation to rest. I am willing to bet you are a real company and trolls are just trolls. This is just for my personal sake, to ensure you guys didn't scam me. If you did, I have a back up plan for that too, good ol' speed dial to the cops and your bank.

Expect me at bldg E1 within the next 12 hours(between 11AM and 1PM). I won't be late.

To all those out there concerned, I will be video taping basically whatever they let me video tape. I hope this is to god this is legit...If you are legit and you present me a halfway decent miner, you have another 30K coming your way.

Wish me luck my fellow miners! ~

V/R,

~SSgt Merry~
AKA
~Casey A. Merry~
~Merry Miners~
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
February 27, 2014, 02:07:12 AM
due to a high call volume AMT asks that you leave a message!

yep, all week AMT has not answered or returned any phone calls.

THAT'S BECAUSE WE HAVE EVERYONE ASSEMBLING AND SHIPPING MINERS.
Boy's,
Have you ever sleep Grin I am eager to write a review but as long as i can see you have not slept at all and have not drop a single line in the threas for almost a week. I guess due to some screw driver issues Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
February 27, 2014, 12:28:40 AM
opieum2: Please, do everyone a favor and STFU. We have been working to find out the truth about AMT long before you reared your ugly head. The first thing you said when you signed up was "TRUST AMT!" now you are back-peddling to garner trust.

We don't need to be here to post positive messages and offer support to AMT. They took our money, the least they could do is act like a legitimate business and provide clear updates. It's obvious they have little to no respect for their customers - and all this 'little wang china conspiracy' shit sounds like some distraction perpetrated by AMT. Anyone that believes that crap for a second needs to have their head checked. They even have a post in their NEWS section about chinese scams - around the same time little wang shows up here talking about making some sales. This is a joke.

Why tell us to expect shipments this week? Whats the point of saying "we have a video coming" when it never comes. Where are the tracking numbers? Pictures? Video? AMT has nothing to show their customers.

Each day that goes by, they delay and delay. Perhaps they have assembled the hardware and are running it themselves: though I doubt Jim/Josh are capable of even manufacturing these miners.

As far as the videos they promised you are absolutely right. They said they would post today and haven't delivered. For good measure I checked their channel. http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCojFrRNI2PrePdu0jqIPmNA And it has been a couple months since the last update. I never said lets post anything positive. Just factual. I posted my experiences others posted theirs. Some were good others were unfortunately bad. The problem is that the ones with the bad experience turned and insulted anyone who posted a positive experience and called them liars. I wasnt the only one. We were "so called lurkers".

People who paid do deserve updates. There is no question to that. A quick emailed newsletter (to which I am subscribed but have not seen anything yet) The preorders are essentially the investment capital in return for a return on that initial investment. People are right to be mad. I currently am mad at BFL. Their delays and history of delays by this point is a joke. I havent had the experience with AMT yet. I tend to be pragmatic when it comes to these things. If you have been waiting since november for an order that was promised in January and you are still waiting...I REALLY feel your pain. I am there now with BFL.

The point is these guys are relatively new to the market. They registered as a corp in May announced their products in September. They seem to be legit enough to be credible. The problem is this is a very new industry. BLEEDING edge. There are alot of growing pains. This still doesn't excuse poor customer service. This doesn't excuse an update on hardware status. Their twitter feed is barren. What they REALLY need is a community manager. Someone with social networking chops. Someone who's job it is to get status updates and interface with the community. That is not sales job. They need someone who just provides the community with information on whats going on inside. Transparency does help. For my part I am just trying to be a voice of reason in all this. I really do get the frustration. I'm experiencing it myself firsthand with the other vendor.

I won't pile on like the others. I don't think you're lying, and this place is not friendly to newbies.

Your last paragraph hits it on the head. I told them that months ago. Directly, not just on the forum. Hiring that guy would have saved them ALL of this, even if they had delays that were legit. Hiding under a rock, then popping up and saying shit you can't back up? That makes them look scammy. As I said earlier, they were good to me. But I can't trust them after the last few "updates" because they have made solid statements, and then nothing. People should have their miners now. Or a VERY good reason why they don't.

Of course and thanks. I got thick skin. I grew up in NYC. Cant survive without it. But yea I hear what you are saying. The fact is if ANYONE cant make good on their word they need to be called on it. Now what I have been getting is that things do change. Doesnt change the fact that the people who were burned in the beginning had. But fact is they are the pioneers. The mistakes that the company had to make to make their orders sadly is what it takes to either make the company either better or run into the ground. I do have to agree it wouldnt hurt to see an update. Having a person whose job is just to check forums or at least quickly provide updates not to every single individual but a general update on where things are at. Alot of small companies do that. And it makes a world of difference. BFL has BFL_JOsh who is an engineer but sorta the face of the company right now. His updates at least make the wait somewhat bearable if not a bit annoying. If AMT has their own person for that it might alleviate the frustration many are experiencing. Anyway thats enough posting for the night. I gots to sleep lol. Biomech thanks for being one of the coolerheads in this thread. I am new in terms of posting but I have seen alot of ugliness in these forums. So yea I get what you are saying. This is not a noob friendly place.
February 27, 2014, 12:21:16 AM
opieum2: Please, do everyone a favor and STFU. We have been working to find out the truth about AMT long before you reared your ugly head. The first thing you said when you signed up was "TRUST AMT!" now you are back-peddling to garner trust.

We don't need to be here to post positive messages and offer support to AMT. They took our money, the least they could do is act like a legitimate business and provide clear updates. It's obvious they have little to no respect for their customers - and all this 'little wang china conspiracy' shit sounds like some distraction perpetrated by AMT. Anyone that believes that crap for a second needs to have their head checked. They even have a post in their NEWS section about chinese scams - around the same time little wang shows up here talking about making some sales. This is a joke.

Why tell us to expect shipments this week? Whats the point of saying "we have a video coming" when it never comes. Where are the tracking numbers? Pictures? Video? AMT has nothing to show their customers.

Each day that goes by, they delay and delay. Perhaps they have assembled the hardware and are running it themselves: though I doubt Jim/Josh are capable of even manufacturing these miners.

A lot of you guys don't speak up against AMT because I think you fear you might lose your order if you do so. All you are doing is screwing yourselves and the community of other investors. Grow a pair and demands answers!

First off I tried to take the time to give thoughtful replies. Instead again you resort to insults. I have no problem asking the hard questions. But I pick my battles. And right now is not the time to fight one. Right now they have committed in writing to deliver a miner to me by March 31st. I have different information verbally and different information from this thread. HOWEVER, the agreement and their site clearly states BY march 31st. Thats what I personally am going by. I am not telling you as you may have had a different arrangement at the time of your purchase. Now telling me to STFU? Again I am trying to be a voice of reason here. The overall community can judge you on your words.

Fact is I do have knowledge of the chinese market because I deal with them with my android work. Its something the US does too with the iPhone being late to the international game too. You just sound ignorant and racist by referring to them as "little wang". I was referring to an overall market trend that is a well known trend for those who deal with electronics in general. The price the US pays for offshoring so much of its manufacturing.

You are right on one point you made earlier. The video. They haven't put it up. They haven't made good on that (then again they have until midnight tonight). No update on status. So its a fair question. I am not worried about my order being cancelled. If it is..I get my money back and just reinvest it elsewhere. Simple as that. We all have that option.

My point overall is there is no need to be a dick about it and insult anyone who has something good to say because you had a bad experience. That clearly is not everyone's experience. And I assure you if I have my own experience that goes bad here I will be right with you making sure our orders get fulfilled in a reasonably timely manner or at least know what we get as part of the miners guarantee. But for me that time hasn't come. I am personally taking a more pragmatic approach because heein and a hawin about it now isn't going to make it happen. Its only going to complicate things more and make it that much harder for mine and others orders to be fulfilled.

When I get my miner (whenever that is) I will happily post up pics and some benchmarks and whatever other data will be useful. good or bad. In the meantime I will just respond to the more cooler heads in this thread and interact with them. If you still feel the need to hate on me and level false accusations and whatever other hateful crap you got go ahead. I don't really plan on answering them unless you can actually construct a well reasoned and at least somewhat civil post. You may still have it in your head that I am an AMT shill. BUt at the same time its possible you could be a shill for a competitor coming on here to trash them. Either way nothing either of us can prove either way. And that's the point. Too many assumptions and not enough proof. I posted up a partial IP/Hostname as some proof. Its more than you have given. Whats to say you aren't a competitor and concocted a scheme to take out the one US competitor iowth black marketing tactics? What if your IP/hostname just happens to be from an area where one of those competitors (Texas and Kansas) where they are headquartered? what then? Or you happen to be from China?
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
February 27, 2014, 12:16:36 AM

As far as the videos they promised you are absolutely right. They said they would post today and haven't delivered. For good measure I checked their channel. http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCojFrRNI2PrePdu0jqIPmNA And it has been a couple months since the last update. I never said lets post anything positive. Just factual. I posted my experiences others posted theirs. Some were good others were unfortunately bad. The problem is that the ones with the bad experience turned and insulted anyone who posted a positive experience and called them liars. I wasnt the only one. We were "so called lurkers".

People who paid do deserve updates. There is no question to that. A quick emailed newsletter (to which I am subscribed but have not seen anything yet) The preorders are essentially the investment capital in return for a return on that initial investment. People are right to be mad. I currently am mad at BFL. Their delays and history of delays by this point is a joke. I havent had the experience with AMT yet. I tend to be pragmatic when it comes to these things. If you have been waiting since november for an order that was promised in January and you are still waiting...I REALLY feel your pain. I am there now with BFL.

The point is these guys are relatively new to the market. They registered as a corp in May announced their products in September. They seem to be legit enough to be credible. The problem is this is a very new industry. BLEEDING edge. There are alot of growing pains. This still doesn't excuse poor customer service. This doesn't excuse an update on hardware status. Their twitter feed is barren. What they REALLY need is a community manager. Someone with social networking chops. Someone who's job it is to get status updates and interface with the community. That is not sales job. They need someone who just provides the community with information on whats going on inside. Transparency does help. For my part I am just trying to be a voice of reason in all this. I really do get the frustration. I'm experiencing it myself firsthand with the other vendor.

I won't pile on like the others. I don't think you're lying, and this place is not friendly to newbies.

Your last paragraph hits it on the head. I told them that months ago. Directly, not just on the forum. Hiring that guy would have saved them ALL of this, even if they had delays that were legit. Hiding under a rock, then popping up and saying shit you can't back up? That makes them look scammy. As I said earlier, they were good to me. But I can't trust them after the last few "updates" because they have made solid statements, and then nothing. People should have their miners now. Or a VERY good reason why they don't.
February 26, 2014, 11:46:16 PM

Activity: 854
Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.
February 26, 2014, 11:45:44 PM
Quick question has anyone taken a look at the real digging AMT? I'm wondering if there is still a company that operates under that name or if they went out of business. Because I'd be making some calls if I found out another company was using my name.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
February 26, 2014, 11:19:10 PM
If you are in the US and have EVER started a corporation you would know that for the tax benefits you start a corporation in Delaware as its a legit way of doing things. Must transnational corporations are lsited there. . They are not listed in PA because they are not registered there.

Since you're new here, you may not realize we've already been over this. While they can incorporate in another state, they need to be registered in the state they are doing business.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/LI/consCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&ttl=15&div=0&chpt=41

A foreign business corporation, before doing business in this Commonwealth, shall procure a certificate of authority to do so from the Department of State

Where's their Certificate of Authority?

Even worse, their website lists "Copyright © 2013  Advanced Mining Technology Inc", which in fact is the name of a real business in PA, a real dig-in-the-dirt mining business registered some 20+ years ago.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
February 26, 2014, 11:15:58 PM

A lot of you guys don't speak up against AMT because I think you fear you might lose your order if you do so. All you are doing is screwing yourselves and the community of other investors. Grow a pair and demands answers!
February 26, 2014, 11:02:16 PM
Clennel sent me forwards of his emails. They didn't call him out, they misrepresented the facts. He paid late because he was given (twice) incorrect information. He paid by bank wire, after being delayed because they kept changing their minds on credit cards.

If you (Opeum) have read through this thread, you know I was quite supportive of AMT for quite a while. I can overlook amateur stunts IF they are corrected. They have not been.

I hope you're right. I hope they do get it together. And yes, you're correct about DE incorporation. Either that or Nevada, unless you just like throwing money away.

Silence is NOT golden with large amounts of money on the line. I think, with a few exceptions, that most of the people who are bitching would have shut up and been understanding if they just came clean. "We've had X problem causing a delay, we think we can get it fixed by X date", etc.

Bad communication and missed deadlines are killing this company.

The industry as a whole is doing this. The bar is awfully low. A professional outfit with in hand equipment would dominate this market, almost regardless of price.

Biomech you are correct. And yea if they misrepresented the facts in his situation then thats a real bad on them. Like I said I am reserving judgment. I read your parts where you were supportive. You even said they are legit. BUT you did not agree with their buisness practices as a whole even tho they were good to you. Again you spoke to YOUR experience just as I have been speaking to mine. I got instead called a liar without any basis for it. Granted I have no rep here so I get the skeptism over my identity. I just decided to get my flame retardent virtual outfit on and dive into this and hope for the best.

I do agree that silence is not golden here. They do need to announce more. However this "official thread" has become a massive shitstorm of flaming. I don't blame them for not posting on here. But you are also correct in another aspect. ALL the manufacturers right now are dropping the ball on communication.

Actually my initial reaction to this market is the same sentiment you have expressed whoever has equipment on hand will dominate and thats why antminers and blade erupters are still selling so well. I went on amazon and bought the cube eruputers which really aren't that efficient for the price because I knew I would get them in a timely manner and was not dissapointed. I bought a considerable amount of them along with the power supplies. So you are right. Only need one company that can reliably get product out the door with reasonable expectations AND COMMUNICATION and a whole world of miners will flock to them. Customer service is still a huge thing and communication has to happen. Chinese companies are terrible with that BUT are getting better. US companies really should have no excuse as its part and parcel of our culture. Like I said I can only speak for AMT's experience with me personally. It sucks tho if there have been so many bad cases as has been the case with so many other people here. That said it really makes a gigantic difference HOW you approach them. I have had consistent success approaching AMT with my communications. Maybe i am just lucky? Maybe they changed their process in the last few weeks. Either way they have been consistently able to communicate back to me. I usually get someone on the other end of the line (9-5 EST I have called between 1-2PM EST when I get someone) and a reply via email. When I made my purchase there was also plenty of communications there too. 

The missed deadlines is a problem because missed deadlines means lost revenues for many. And I can totally relate to that. I am also losing revenue. BFL has screwed alot of people in the same way. I made the mistake of not doing more homework on them before going into it. Newbie mistake. I am reasonably certain I didn't make that mistake with AMT. But again that remains to be seen. I can understand a week or two delay. anything more than that just becomes unacceptable. It at least deserves a detailed reason. At this point I went with them because they are local. I can show up at their office and get my hardware once i have notification my order is ready.

Honestly too many people are quick to say SCAM and even more are quick to believe it. I admit I did too at first. Its part of why I jumped on here. I am not totally defending them. In general just trying to set a standard for the type of discussion that SHOULD be had around companies. If we all work together to find out the truth we can find it. THis isnt some kumbaya nonsense. Some looking was done as to whether they are legit. However that led to what appeared to be a dead end. BUT that wasn't the whole story. In the end a little more digging uncovers that they are indeed a registered buisness...in Delaware along with google and microsoft and a number of other large companies that happen to do be listed there.

My own speculation here on delays. It is also its possible that the chinese who manufacture the hardware are hoarding it and giving first dibs to the other Chinese manufacturers in order to starve out international competitors like KnC BFL, AMT and such. These are common industry tactics that run rampant there as well in the electronics world (I do other work involving android and associated hardware so I see that side quite a bit). Hard to prove but it happens. Don't be too shocked when the most efficient/powerful miners FIRST come from china. This seems to be what is happening looking at lightingasic and other companies of the type. They get the first dibs of the morepowerful hardware made in the factories in Shenzhen and the rest of the world gets it later. THis is no different than the consoles back before the Xbox. Sony, Sega, Nintendo made the hottest consoles in japan first and we saw them in the US over a year later. Just trying to bring perspective to the delays. I dont know if this is the case. And AMT really should communicate whether that is the case. But yea it might be better if someone started their company on kickstarter and crowdfunded the miners. Least then thats more reliable and people are less apt to call it a scam. My .002 satoshi on the matter.
February 26, 2014, 10:28:33 PM
With good reason.
Here. pool-173-77-***-***.nycmny.fios.verizon.net (last 2 octets obscured for my own privacy) I know you two arent going to be satisfied despite all the proof you have been given. Convinent you overlooked the corporate registration and other actual facts posted.

Yea I just signed up. I was getting tired of seeing your instulting posts that do nothing to make this better.

Whether or not you believe me at this point is largley irrelevant the info isnt there for you two who I really do believe are black marketing (smear campaigns that the Chinese typically use against their competition). My guess is you two are actually in cahoots to smear AMT and anyone else who competes with your business. How is that? Maybe you are and maybe you arent. But honestly you will need to prove that you arent. That burden is on you. I have already proved more than you at this point that I am not from AMT. I have an order number.

You know the crazy part? I am defending myself to you two. Thats insane since you clearly have no sense of reason. All you do is insult anyone who contradicts you and calls you out.

Anyway the other info I have posted is more valid and easily verifiable. They do exist as a corporation. PLUS if I were an AMT employee there is no way in hell I would write bad things about the company. Which I did based on what has happened. I only said my experience has been good. I can speak to that. You can say I am a liar but well...you got no proof...I got plenty. I have no need to justify anything more to you too who are contributing nothing but flames and insults to anyone who tells you otherwise.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
February 26, 2014, 10:26:46 PM
Clennel sent me forwards of his emails. They didn't call him out, they misrepresented the facts. He paid late because he was given (twice) incorrect information. He paid by bank wire, after being delayed because they kept changing their minds on credit cards.

If you (Opeum) have read through this thread, you know I was quite supportive of AMT for quite a while. I can overlook amateur stunts IF they are corrected. They have not been.

I hope you're right. I hope they do get it together. And yes, you're correct about DE incorporation. Either that or Nevada, unless you just like throwing money away.

Silence is NOT golden with large amounts of money on the line. I think, with a few exceptions, that most of the people who are bitching would have shut up and been understanding if they just came clean. "We've had X problem causing a delay, we think we can get it fixed by X date", etc.

Bad communication and missed deadlines are killing this company.

The industry as a whole is doing this. The bar is awfully low. A professional outfit with in hand equipment would dominate this market, almost regardless of price.
Activity: 854
Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.
February 26, 2014, 10:24:17 PM
This place is crazy man.

It's like everyone cutting wrestling promos on each other.

Any way, if march 31st goes by without my miner I'll head out thier way. I'm assuming by that time if others haven't received their miner I will not be the first visitor they've had, just please take the equipment out before you burn their building down or lynch them. Until then they haven't done wrong by be, just been shitty at timely communication. It shouldn't take 4 friendly calls and 3 friendly e-mail before a response is given.
If nothing else they should pay someone minimum wage to staff the phones during normal business hours. It's a courtesy to their guest who have paid thousands for equipment and a pretty standard business practice. I can understand they would be busy assembling miners, but that doesn't excuse them of the basics of customer service. That said when you can get them on the phone they seem polite if not slightly unprofessional, but that doesn't bother me until it interferes with making contact. I'm a laid back guy and could see myself starting a business and not having acquired the business acumen that would make me check my "personal" attitude.   

But as a former Customer Service Manager nothing irks me more than when a company is non-responsive. It leaves the customers feeling undervalued and sometimes awash in panic, with a direct positive correlation to how much money they have spent. It's like the ounce of prevention being better than a pound of the cure.  With just a few well timed, honest, posts they could have saved themselves the headache of people rabidly attacking them. People are used to delays in this business, if there was a, "Hey we are having a,b,and c issues and we are doing x,y, and z about them", people would have probably been cooler about the whole thing.

But instead of taking high road they've personally attacked customer's in the thread, waited months to post updates on their site, and then backdated them to make it appear as if they had been keeping a steady flow of information coming which would be unnoticed by new customers. The fact that they posted a PCB picture taken the 20th(22nd?) and attached it to a backdated post from the 10th leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm more likely to forgive when a mistake was made, but I tend not to forget when someone has purposefully done something deceptive.

Again I'm attributing this to panic over their chip vendor being late, and perhaps not enough research into what to expect for a business like this. I don't think they are trying to scam for money or they wouldn't have bought the chips. Which I believe they did because they are from the same phone that took the pcb with their name on it, located within a half hour drive time at a personal residence, and the manufacturer respectively.

In the end there is still a lot to be seen, and hopefully that will be clearer in the next few days as those with expedited shipping should be posting any day now, if the miners did indeed ship.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
February 26, 2014, 10:16:54 PM
Would love to see this websites logs and analyze the IPs connecting per user.

My bet is that a lot of these 'lurking new accounts' are coming from IPs out of Pennsylvania.

im not taking that bet.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
February 26, 2014, 10:11:02 PM
Would love to see this websites logs and analyze the IPs connecting per user.

My bet is that a lot of these 'lurking new accounts' are coming from IPs out of Pennsylvania.
February 26, 2014, 09:37:53 PM
All right, all orders from 500-600 are now shipped. Who's got a tracking number?

narank patel would have posted by now if he had his miner.

"crickets"
February 26, 2014, 09:36:58 PM

The only people who at this point have a legitimate right to bitch and moan are paying customers like myself who have yet to receive their miners. And well my order isn't late yet, as its clearly stated March 31st or before on their site (and according to their timeline I would be expecting something mid march as they promised). I will join the growing masses of people complaining if I have no miners by March 31st. But until then AMT has been nothing but communicative with me and providing updates as they can. I haven't had to wait long either I get replies within a couple of hours by email and 2 out of the 3 times I called I got Jim on the line. I send a well written and POLITE email not accusing them of being scammers. It gets simple pleasant results. I don't need to threaten with lawyers and all that dumb shit. All it does is put people on defensive. Why would they want to answer someone who just threatened them with legal action?

Wow, you are going to wait till your ship date to get impatient. Try waiting till may 31st. 2 months of lost profit on time sensitive equipment.

I think some of us on here have legitimate concerns as to whether we will ever see our investment again.

Its Wednesday, who has their tracking numbers. (crickets chirping)

[size=100pt]AMT this would be a good time to chime in and let us know whats going on before the flames start getting to big again.[/size]

i love the part "i sent polite emails and got a response"... you are a god damn liar.
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
February 26, 2014, 09:34:19 PM

The only people who at this point have a legitimate right to bitch and moan are paying customers like myself who have yet to receive their miners. And well my order isn't late yet, as its clearly stated March 31st or before on their site (and according to their timeline I would be expecting something mid march as they promised). I will join the growing masses of people complaining if I have no miners by March 31st. But until then AMT has been nothing but communicative with me and providing updates as they can. I haven't had to wait long either I get replies within a couple of hours by email and 2 out of the 3 times I called I got Jim on the line. I send a well written and POLITE email not accusing them of being scammers. It gets simple pleasant results. I don't need to threaten with lawyers and all that dumb shit. All it does is put people on defensive. Why would they want to answer someone who just threatened them with legal action?

Wow, you are going to wait till your ship date to get impatient. Try waiting till may 31st. 2 months of lost profit on time sensitive equipment.

I think some of us on here have legitimate concerns as to whether we will ever see our investment again.

Its Wednesday, who has their tracking numbers. (crickets chirping)

[size=100pt]AMT this would be a good time to chime in and let us know whats going on before the flames start getting to big again.[/size]

edit: should be bigger but you get the point
February 26, 2014, 09:33:32 PM
opeeum... again no one believes you. two posts, old lurker, create excuses for AMT and their absolute lack of customer service, gtfo here man. you have all ready wasted too much time defending people you "supposedly" have no connection too. You know what? you remind me of myself 2 months ago. i was all gung-ho for AMT until  they fucked me in the ass. these guys do not have a fucking clue how to run a business. i suggest you shut up and lurk a little longer until your delivery date. in the meanwhile let those of us who have had to experience the misfortune of dealing with AMT tell the world what assholes they are. You even went so far as to suggest we are slandering these people - that was all the convincing I needed to know you are just another shell AMT account. time to create another shill account... you blew your cover. i also love all the AMT talking points they vomited all over this thread in the beginning.
February 26, 2014, 08:51:20 PM
I've been lurking on these forums for a while now. I decided to plunge in and register and comment on my own experiences with AMT. I recently bought some hardware from AMT 12k worth of it. Before I took that plunge I called, got Jim on the line who answered my questions to my satisfaction. I also had emailed prior to that and got a response 24 hours later (I called because I wanted a quick answer). In both cases they were responsive.

I see alot of complaints about how they aren't responding and all that. That has not been my experience. After I put in the 12k and wired it to them per their instructions, I got an email confirming it was received the next business day. I also have been in communication with them since then (not pestering just requesting updates) I get the impression they are on track with their orders. Clearly they have a device as there are people who attest to having one. Now the build quality thats another story to tell.

This is a REALLY new industry exploding. Cryptocoin mining is a really new industry. Bleeding edge. As such there will be major growing pains and such. It will take the right kind of mindset to sort out the wheat from the chaff so to speak. There are scammers and there are new entrants who have work to do to improve their processes. But back to the point. My experience is such is that they are very much a startup. And companies like BFL and AMT are accepting preorders to fund development. In that sense they are pretty much the same as a kickstarter or indiegogo campaign. The difference is there is an escrow system there which provides piece of mind. But at the same time its part of the process. A year from now these issues will likely be in the past for most of these companies if their reputations survive it.

That being all said I also purchased from BFL. My experience with them has been pretty bad in terms of communications. It took them a full 6 weeks after I ordered to reply to my inquiries. As far as orders shipping they are saying March which was originally supposed to be January for my monarch. But the communication has been the worst part. I get setbacks in development. It happens especially when they are dependent on a vendor. But BFL never communicates that. I have not heard from AMT on this but I also have not inquired on it as my shipment is not technically late yet. I will once March is over as I was told my product would be ready 3rd week of March (I will be picking it up in person so I can provide more feedback around that time).

From a personal communications standpoint AMT has been really good to me personally. I don't go in yelling or pestering. They told me to check back with them in a few days after I emailed asking about what on-hold means. It just means its in process. Their systems are still tracking the order. Obviously they still have to tweak their own systems to work it out. Again I half expect these types of things. I did not get the impression they are going to cut and run. ESPECIALLY when they have already put themselves out there. It's monumental stupidity if they were a scam. Here are some things to think about.

As for the company registration, they likely are registered under another fictitious (Business name legal term) name. Happens all the time. They could be a subsidiary of one of the various bitcoin companies in PA.
Second if they did this they are documenting their downfall in a HUGE way. Remember these peoples names are out there. They now have digital footprint fictitious names or not they have IP addresses and physical locations. FBI can track them if this was the case as it would constitute interstate wire fraud (and even international) , I have this on excellent authority Wink. AND If they were scammers it would be HIGHLY unlikely they would be out in the open the way they are now. They would be operating very differently and would much much harder to track.

Just tossing in some perspective here. I can only comment to my own experience with AMT at this point. They have so far been consistent with communication. And to be fair they have an obligation to their PAYING customers to respond which in my case they have. Altho in some previous posts I noticed they responded to a person who took 6 weeks to pay AND even told him not to buy because of the potential situation it would create. That actually is plausible as I have my own business and have done the same things to people who would prove to be difficult. The money is not that important to me that I would have to endure all sorts of nonsense. Its their side of the story at least and they have communicated a timetable. Now we just hold them to their timetable and thats it.

As for people investing in hardware right now? My best advice is if you don't have the money to lose, don't spend it. Especially don't piss away your rent money on miners. Save up. I have to agree with ISAWHIM. I might not agree with HOW he said it but what he said has absolute merit. Not a douchebag, but someone with a reasonable head on his shoulders even if you don't agree with him. We are in a competitive market to make money. This is what mining is. There is a bit of Co-optition (Cooperative competition) but at the end of the day we are competing for getting all those coins. This is economic Darwinism.  That is something that will not change.

if i have to read one more "old lurker new poster" comment im gonna puke. are you serious AMT?  i feel so much better now. NO ONE BELIEVES YOU.

Thought I would reply to this. I really see no point as you see I am a shill but I will reply anyway and leave it at this post. I had to create a new account my other one for whatever reason is borked (opieum). But here goes. No I don't work for AMT I have no connection to them other than I am order 1463 in their system. I did my homework on them however before going into this. I have my own resources. For the "super-slueths" on here who think its a scam you overlooked something. If you are in the US and have EVER started a corporation you would know that for the tax benefits you start a corporation in Delaware as its a legit way of doing things. Must transnational corporations are lsited there. . They are not listed in PA because they are not registered there. I did my own digging and found this before I went in to buy my miner. I have started 3 companies of my own in the past. 2 of those were done in Delaware since the first one I was young and didn't know any better and I didn't have the financial partner to point that fact out to me at the time.

File Number:    5341525    Incorporation Date / Formation Date:    05/29/2013
(mm/dd/yyyy)
Entity Name:    ADVANCED MINING TECHNOLOGIES INC
Entity Kind:    CORPORATION    Entity Type:    GENERAL
Residency:    DOMESTIC    State:    DE

REGISTERED AGENT INFORMATION

Name:    BUSINESS FILINGS INCORPORATED
Address:    108 WEST 13TH ST
City:    WILMINGTON    County:    NEW CASTLE
State:    DE      Postal Code:    19801
Phone:    (800)981-7183

Oh and as a test and validation of what I said about corporations listings there search for google on https://delecorp.delaware.gov/tin/controller most of google and its subsidiaries are listed in delaware.

Now its easy enough to talk alot of crap. But at least get your facts straight about a company before smearing them seeing as in the US they can come at you for libel (and legally win see some cases with Yelp if you dont believe me). Again I am NOT an AMT employee but I am a customer. I see alot of people on here flaming and trolling without any real substance to back it up. I almost started to believe the so called "facts" until I started doing my own digging. They are a registered corporation that was enough for me. It means they have a legitimate presence in the US.

Are they late on their promised shipments? Yes shit happens especially in the tech world. They are dependent on their suppliers, or its an internal issue I don't know. I just know that as far as I am concerned my order is still coming. I am currently dealing with the same shit with BFL also (admittedly I am far less happy with them because of what I paid AND the massive delay there). Because of the preorder nature of this its par for the course. Sad that we have to deal with that but at least AMT has a guarantee in place vs BFL which is one of the reasons I chose them. That and they are local to me (I am in NY state), I have to deal with the late stuff. As long as I get what I ordered I will manage to make it work. Thats the nature of things at times.

Are they poor with the communications? That depends if it means replying to trolls and flamers in this thread it makes no sense why they would waste time on doing that. As a business owner myself I wouldn't waste my time responding to what appears to be a bunch of people who are threatning lawsuits and calling them a scam. I would be distancing myself from that to avoid ANY of that crap. @clenell you got called out a few pages ago for not even paying on time. You were pestering them and they even told you they didn't want your business because they knew you were an inexperienced miner based on the conversations you had. Based on what I have read its clear you have no sense at all of how this all works and dealing with a new market so I will hazard a guess that the conversations really happened. All I know is you haven't really denied that even happened so its pretty clear to me they got you dead to rights.

Are they the cheapest per GHs? Not really. BUT while as important as that is to me, I feel better knowing they are local and I can go pick up the miners and drop them in my colo whenever I want. This is an important advantage to me. And I am willing to pay for that. If they deliver on time...or even a week late I will be perfectly ok with that. Shit happens and with the recent north east snowstorms I can see how delays could have hit them.

Too many people here are having knee jerk reactions. We already know they are sending machines out. There is another thread that shows some people have gotten their orders or they have been shipped. People have them its already been proven. Doubt they are a scam. Now again how they conduct buisness is another story. BUT they have ZERO obligation to really interact with people on here seeing the flak they are getting. Why would they go out of their way to feed the trolls and flamers? (>dons firemans suit<)

All I have seen from sirminesalot and clenell are insults. Nothing of real substance. You have contributed NOTHING of value but toxic attitudes that benefit noone. If anything my thought is more along the lines that you might also be shills for their competition. Since you are quick to accuse others of being shills for AMT if they have ANYTHING favorable to say the same could be said of you in reverse. Who do YOU work for? You would nt be the first misinformation and FUD PR people to do this crap. Microsoft is an OLD hat at it. They hired companies for that to bash Linux for the longest time. This is apparent for anyone familiar with the tactics. Am I coming to AMT's defense? partially. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt at this point. They have not ignored me. They have not given me any reason to distrust them. IMO they at least deserve a shot. All I know is for every order canceled it just means i will get my order that much faster. AND it just means I get the early shot at the hashing power while the haters hate and find more delays with other mining hardware elsewhere.

But because of this thread its got me thinking on one thing. I do agree there is a problem with companies in general. Time in the case of bitcoin is literally money. The longer we wait the harder it gets to mine and all that. I have a potential solution for the delay problems with the various manufacturers. I wont say anything more as I have no interest in playing my hand too early. Once I am ready I will formally announce it in a new thread. But I am providing a potential solution to a problem not creating more problems with useless commentary.

Jump to: