Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Thread: AMT - page 22. (Read 678353 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
April 10, 2014, 06:04:21 AM
He's got a DL issue for the moment, which will make getting around a bit of an issue. For the moment, we've recruited him to help with some board diagnostics from his location until he can figure our his DL. We appreciate Jason's help and look forward to having him come up soon.
Somehow, it still ceases to amaze me how you continue to provide private information about your customers. You might as well just come out and state that so-and-so has a DWI, or was involved in some vehicular homicide, or some other event that occurred for him to not have a valid DL.

LOL.. No DWI (I don't even drink.)... and no Vehicular homicide... except for me killing my van, my wagon, my hatch-back... They deserved it! (Not everyone in the world who is able to drive, has a drivers license.)

I am a customer, and now also a "private contractor", assisting AMT. They have not divulged anything personal about me, which could not have been found out through any public records. (However, this "private contractor", me, is not asking for anything in return, though, fair compensation was offered. I am not rich, I am not poor, but I am willing to stand behind them and my friends, doing what needs to be done, to help. This BTC community didn't survive by going at each-others throats. It has survived and thrived off sacrifice in a belief.) Tongue

The reason why my limitations of myself not "going there to work directly at the moment", was because of my lack of a current drivers license. In Florida, where I live, I do not need a drivers-license to get around. I walk, ride a bike, or ride my solowheel everywhere. If I were to go to PA, I would have to drive every day, to go to the various locations, to assist them. The assistance I am offering, does not need my physical presence, so arrangements have been made to keep me located in Florida, and assisting them from here. (Think of it as "outsourcing", it was cheaper and more convenient that way, for both of us.)

It is just a matter of me getting my drivers-license again, which simply involves me paying for it, and the issue related to it. (P.S. Never leave an uninsured dead vehicle in your driveway with an expired tag on it, where the state can see it. Seems that is illegal in Florida, and comes with a penalty. Just another way for the state to make money, doing nothing.) Tongue

In any event, should further assistance be needed, in the areas that I am best suited for, it would simply take one visit to the DMV to get my license. Until then, my State-ID has suited me fine for the last four years. (Saves a lot of money, not paying for gas, oil, repairs, insurance, car-payments.)

In addition, I will be attempting to provide some useful video, of both technical and non-technical aspects of the 1.2THs miners they make.

P.S. To the ones who are attempting to sue AMT, you are hurting the customers, more than AMT. For no gains, for them, you, or us. Sorry, but that is just taking two steps backwards, in my opinion. Don't trust the lawyers, they are in the business of making themselves money, not you. (Don't be fooled by the gains "they made themselves", ask them "what gains did you make for your clients". You will see that they fall silent, when asked that question. The answer is "none", no "gains" were made for the clients.)

P.P.S. SPARTA! (#300... Come on people, that should have been in the first post on this page!)
April 10, 2014, 05:57:27 AM
Do these have a web interface aside from an IP setup, and pool/password menus? Would be nice. (Ants do). All kinds of info including network traffic is available. Also allows for all the usual 'ux type shells, system maint., & other goodies.

Yes, but the rigs do not come with the little LCD display because they are mounted to the hard drive trey in the case - mounted either with electrical tape or double sided mounting tape. Also we've seen the little LCD screen flop from side to side because of length of the connector cable, and have shorted the rasPI a few times when the screen accidentally hits the RasPI because the screens sides are all metal. That's the main reason we do not include the screen in the Kit, it's frustrating to get the screen to sit properly on the table and is generally an accident waiting to happen.  The only purpose of the the little LCD display is to show the ip address of the user interface and the current hashrate.

Upon going to the IP address in your browser (Don't bother with internet explorer, use any other browser) you will see the user interface.

Accessing the user interface:

Username: admin
Password: admin

Accessing the ip address without the little LCD screen:

Plug an HDMI cable into the rasPI and start the miner by plugging in the cable. You'll see a big raspberry with a loading bar on the bottom. After which you'll see the root login:

Access cgminer of AMT 1.2Th miner:

username: root
pass: amt

#killall cgminer (the miner is programmed to start immediately, that's why we kill cgminer upon login, as a rule the miner starts running with the credentials you add in the cgminer settings page (Click Settings - then click Cgminer)

#ifconfig

You'll see several addresses, the first being a local network ip address, usually starting with 192.168.1.(some number here)  or 10.1.10.(some number here).  Use that address to find the user interface in your browser.

If you don't have an HDMI cable and monitor free, you can check your router's admin panel for new ip addresses detected after plugging in the network cable and plugging in the miner.

Remember: From the time you plug in your miner, your miner is mining, so make sure all your fans are running and proper cooling is administered. A1 chips heat up quick, and you do not want to over heat your miner.

Workaround encase you don't want to start mining immediately and want to test the Raspberry pi and user interface setup first:

Unplug the GPIO ribbon cable from the back plane before plugging in the network cable and starting the miner. Login to the rasPI with the credential above and get the IP address first, then go to the Ip address in your browser, configure your settings (pool settings, speed, etc) and save. Then power off the miner, plug in the GPIO ribbon cable to the back plane, connect the backplane to the hashing modules - (make sure all the pins from the back plane connectors are in the right slots - look above and below each pin/connector on each module - plugging in the backplane wrong can short hashing modules which may result in the miner not seeing the module.) Then power on your miner and you should be good to go via the user interface or ssh login.

More to come on that for sure, but that was a quick response with a bit more details for those that receive their kit encase we don't get a video up within the next few days.

OH and what Linux distro is this using? I had hoped to set up powerstat on there for power monitoring on the machine itself.

Does the DIY kit include a Raspberry PI ? 
Activity: 620
Merit: 500
April 10, 2014, 04:34:48 AM
just as a fyi people order 1428 has arrived at my house here in uk. Smiley
i will try and get pics/vids up asap
Activity: 504
April 10, 2014, 03:49:11 AM
He's got a DL issue for the moment, which will make getting around a bit of an issue. For the moment, we've recruited him to help with some board diagnostics from his location until he can figure our his DL. We appreciate Jason's help and look forward to having him come up soon.
Somehow, it still ceases to amaze me how you continue to provide private information about your customers. You might as well just come out and state that so-and-so has a DWI, or was involved in some vehicular homicide, or some other event that occurred for him to not have a valid DL.

LOL.. No DWI (I don't even drink.)... and no Vehicular homicide... except for me killing my van, my wagon, my hatch-back... They deserved it! (Not everyone in the world who is able to drive, has a drivers license.)

I am a customer, and now also a "private contractor", assisting AMT. They have not divulged anything personal about me, which could not have been found out through any public records. (However, this "private contractor", me, is not asking for anything in return, though, fair compensation was offered. I am not rich, I am not poor, but I am willing to stand behind them and my friends, doing what needs to be done, to help. This BTC community didn't survive by going at each-others throats. It has survived and thrived off sacrifice in a belief.) Tongue

The reason why my limitations of myself not "going there to work directly at the moment", was because of my lack of a current drivers license. In Florida, where I live, I do not need a drivers-license to get around. I walk, ride a bike, or ride my solowheel everywhere. If I were to go to PA, I would have to drive every day, to go to the various locations, to assist them. The assistance I am offering, does not need my physical presence, so arrangements have been made to keep me located in Florida, and assisting them from here. (Think of it as "outsourcing", it was cheaper and more convenient that way, for both of us.)

It is just a matter of me getting my drivers-license again, which simply involves me paying for it, and the issue related to it. (P.S. Never leave an uninsured dead vehicle in your driveway with an expired tag on it, where the state can see it. Seems that is illegal in Florida, and comes with a penalty. Just another way for the state to make money, doing nothing.) Tongue

In any event, should further assistance be needed, in the areas that I am best suited for, it would simply take one visit to the DMV to get my license. Until then, my State-ID has suited me fine for the last four years. (Saves a lot of money, not paying for gas, oil, repairs, insurance, car-payments.)

In addition, I will be attempting to provide some useful video, of both technical and non-technical aspects of the 1.2THs miners they make.

P.S. To the ones who are attempting to sue AMT, you are hurting the customers, more than AMT. For no gains, for them, you, or us. Sorry, but that is just taking two steps backwards, in my opinion. Don't trust the lawyers, they are in the business of making themselves money, not you. (Don't be fooled by the gains "they made themselves", ask them "what gains did you make for your clients". You will see that they fall silent, when asked that question. The answer is "none", no "gains" were made for the clients.)

P.P.S. SPARTA! (#300... Come on people, that should have been in the first post on this page!)
Activity: 7
April 10, 2014, 12:21:39 AM
I am order #690 and #691 how about my 1.2T AMT miners

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
April 10, 2014, 12:18:09 AM
Upon request of a member to copy this to an original post.

Quote from: NotFuzzyWarm on April 09, 2014, 11:41:21 PM
Do these have a web interface aside from an IP setup, and pool/password menus? Would be nice. (Ants do). All kinds of info including network traffic is available. Also allows for all the usual 'ux type shells, system maint., & other goodies.

Response from AMT:

Yes, but the rigs do not come with the little LCD display because they are mounted to the hard drive trey in the case - mounted either with electrical tape or double sided mounting tape. Also we've seen the little LCD screen flop from side to side because of length of the connector cable, and have shorted the rasPI a few times when the screen accidentally hits the RasPI because the screens sides are all metal. That's the main reason we do not include the screen in the Kit, it's frustrating to get the screen to sit properly on the table and is generally an accident waiting to happen.  The only purpose of the the little LCD display is to show the ip address of the user interface and the current hashrate.

Upon going to the IP address in your browser (Don't bother with internet explorer, use any other browser) you will see the user interface.

Plug an HDMI cable into the rasPI and start the miner by plugging in the cable. You'll see a big raspberry with a loading bar on the bottom. After which you'll see the root login:

#killall cgminer (the miner is programmed to start immediately, that's why we kill cgminer upon login, as a rule the miner starts running with the credentials you add in the cgminer settings page (Click Settings - then click Cgminer)

#ifconfig

You'll see several addresses, the first being a local network ip address, usually starting with 192.168.1.(some number here)  or 10.1.10.(some number here).  Use that address to find the user interface in your browser.

If you don't have an HDMI cable and monitor free, you can check your router's admin panel for new ip addresses detected after plugging in the network cable and plugging in the miner.

Remember: From the time you plug in your miner, your miner is mining, so make sure all your fans are running and proper cooling is administered. A1 chips heat up quick, and you do not want to over heat your miner.

Workaround encase you don't want to start mining immediately and want to test the Raspberry pi and user interface setup first:

Unplug the GPIO ribbon cable from the back plane before plugging in the network cable and starting the miner. Login to the rasPI with the credential above and get the IP address first, then go to the Ip address in your browser, configure your settings (pool settings, speed, etc) and save. Then power off the miner, plug in the GPIO ribbon cable to the back plane, connect the backplane to the hashing modules - (make sure all the pins from the back plane connectors are in the right slots - look above and below each pin/connector on each module - plugging in the backplane wrong can short hashing modules which may result in the miner not seeing the module.) Then power on your miner and you should be good to go via the user interface or ssh login.

More to come on that for sure, but that was a quick response with a bit more details for those that receive their kit encase we don't get a video up within the next few days.

He meant adding it to the OP (not replacing it) which stands for Original Post of this thread, of which is the first post of the thread. The reason for requesting such is so that it'll be readily available for him and other miners if/when such is needed, oppose to hunting it down on this thread.

Any chance this bit of info can get copy/pasted on the original post? Alot easier to find and read there than to have to find here.

Wow! I just realized how badly you screwed up said request. Red Bulls kickin' in?
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
April 10, 2014, 12:08:18 AM
Upon request of a member to copy this to an original post.

Quote from: NotFuzzyWarm on April 09, 2014, 11:41:21 PM

Response from AMT:

#ifconfig

April 10, 2014, 12:05:42 AM
And if using the HDMI on the RasPi t find the IP, do we plug in usb keyboard/mouse to it?

Und one more - does the RasPi have a reset button on it to reset to defaults?

Yes, you'll need a keyboard which plugs into the USB slot on the RasPi.

No, there is no reset button on the RasPi itself as the firmware is on the SDcard which slides into the RasPi. We strongly advise not to alter the firmware in anyway as you may do harm to your miners performance or your miner itself. We have had experiences with clients trying to modify voltage settings which only resulted in frying the A1 chip. Please just use the firmware as is and your miner will mine.
Activity: 6
April 09, 2014, 11:32:16 PM
MPP: Can I have a 520GH model as compensation, you have them in stock right?
Just ship me one thats a refurbished model. You don't want all these just sitting their collecting dust.
Outdated yes... but great to let me use in the mean time. Once my 1.2TH arrives plus the 520GH i will have 1.720TH.

Anyone one thinks this is fair? Huh
April 09, 2014, 11:13:26 PM
No, I am sure we will have another 200 pages of these "updates" and promises.   I have never seen a company tell so many lies to their customers.  No wonder they are getting sued.  The reason I bought my miner in the first place was on the word of AMT/Josh Zipkin.

"We're also launching limited sales for a 2.4Th/s (100 units total) (April 1st delivery guaranteed ) and 3.0Th/s (50 units Total) (April 15th delivery guaranteed ). We'll update the site shortly but our main goal in the moment is to assemble and ship these 1.2's and get them out the door and reviewed by the community. Sales for both of these lots will be open for a limited time.

production video and First shipments out the door on Wednesday boys".

I won't/don't even need to go into how many lies are just in that paragraph alone. 

Activity: 102
Merit: 10
April 09, 2014, 11:07:31 PM
Welcome to page 300, the point of no return. They say the 300th time's the charm, right?
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
April 09, 2014, 11:06:34 PM
And if using the HDMI on the RasPi t find the IP, do we plug in usb keyboard/mouse to it?

Und one more - does the RasPi have a reset button on it to reset to defaults?
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
April 09, 2014, 11:01:13 PM
I will get a full working AMT 1.2T in a day or two. I am thinking about reselling it for 6k worth of BTC. I am in North NJ and available for meetup. This would be a good deal being that they sell for 15k on ebay right now.  There is nothing wrong with it, it has the power supply and may even have the 6 board backplane, I don't know. I just have bigger fish to fry at this time...

4/09/2014  -  Wednesday 1:25 am
Arrived at FedEx location
NEWARK, NJ

4/08/2014  -  Tuesday
8:55 pm Left FedEx origin facility
BRISTOL, PA

5:05 pm Picked up

That would put FedEx smack in the middle of 6206 N Radcliffe St, Bristol, PA, and 500 Coventry Lane, Croydon PA.

That's a Fedex hub. The Fedex man that picks up packages isn't actually the one that drives it across the country to it's destination.

http://www.fedexfreight.fedex.com/locationsCC.do?ccid=EPH&city=CROYDON&state=PA&zipcd=19021

A FedEx pick-up man negates where you said that you were held up once at the FedEx facility dropping off packages and what nut.

Maybe they changed shipping method due to the delays, and may e your just being a forum troll at this point.

Maybe you're right, and maybe Joshua Zipkin has been on the up-and-up the whole while, and all this has just been a complete misunderstanding.
Activity: 532
April 09, 2014, 10:58:30 PM

#ifconfig

OH and what Linux distro is this using? I had hoped to set up powerstat on there for power monitoring on the machine itself.
Activity: 532
April 09, 2014, 10:55:44 PM

#ifconfig

Any chance this bit of info can get copy/pasted on the original post? Alot easier to find and read there than to have to find here.  
April 09, 2014, 10:52:50 PM
 "AMT 2.4Th/s Bitcoin Miner

42 units available for April 1st, 2014 shipment. 2,400 GH/s nominal performance "

This is not true, you may want to take it off your website.  How do I know??  I ordered one and it is not here.
April 09, 2014, 10:44:38 PM
(Plans are in the works. However, my participation will be of non-assembly assistance. There was other services that required my knowledge and skills. That is as far as I am willing to say about my participation with AMT. This should help get things moving along, in any event, with less loss to them.)

I honestly don't think that the class-action lawsuit will benefit those participating in it. They never do. You could have 100% of what you paid for, to be built... but instead, you are willing to settle for a lot less, after the lawyer takes nearly 50% of any possible returns you would get. I am not seeing the logic in that war. It is already costing them more to make the miners, than we paid, due to several legitimate shortfalls which were not under their direct control.

Hopefully, my efforts will help to alleviate some of that loss. Yes, I am essentially working for free, for US and THEM. Call it my "pay-back", for all that was done for me in the past. Karma-dues, being payed.

Any update?  Did you make it out there?

I don't trust your fuckin' ass for having a copy of my IL DL and ID on your phone, thus formally request that you delete it.

He has a valid DL, he just needs to get the card.
April 09, 2014, 10:42:39 PM

#ifconfig

Activity: 364
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
April 09, 2014, 10:38:20 PM
hopefully the hardest part is setting a laptop/netbook/whatever to the right subnet the miner is on so ya can get in. Or - since the RasPi has HMDI out and we see USB ports - maybe just takes a kybd & mouse like security vid recorders do? Now THAT would be nice. Truly stand-alone
could you install team viewer on the pi? app on the phone, run it that way.
With my Ant Pharm, don't really have to watch them directly. Just setup and let'em rip. If power goes out  the data is saved to flash so when rebooted if not too long went by they pickup where they left off. Odds are AMT's will as well.

On that note. Funny thing... I have 3 2kva UPS's and permanent 15kw genset backup at home after power was out in my part of Detroit area for over 2 weeks. Happened 3 years ago, before that biggie power would so out briefly several times a year. Put in the backup and of course now the power has barely blinked since the Big Fix...

Anyway, I just monitor them through my pool's web portal that also sends emails/txt's as chosen.

I know you are a huge fan of the ANT S1s, but the design is not clean enough for me. The photos don't look good how the wires connected to the boards. To be fair there are other miners with the same design. I don't like when empty PCIE connectors are in the case. S1s sent the only one who does that. For that reason I skipped the S1s, but I actually I am buying hosted S10s and may host S10s myself. Being that someone else will host my S10s for at least 3 months, it's not as big of a deal because they are being tested in their datacenter in Isreal.
Wouldn't say huge fan and they certainly are raw OEM-style modules. They do package well in a 4U rack case though. 4 can fit side-by-side in on with a 2U high rack server PSU on top if ya want. Run power from the PSU lugs to the term blocks on S1's and now clean as a whistle. And a lot more pricey.

Hmm, do the AMT blades have terminal blocks in parallel with the PCIe power sockets so ya can hard wire off a bus system?

Mainly, the s1's are cheap(ish now) - they weren't a month ago, work great, and are available through many distributors. Other than that - hungry power hogs but still pay for their feed several x over even on the worst block days.

And yes, that Israeli chip looks mighty interesting. Also not about to even think about buying until they have systems shipping...
Pages:
Jump to: