Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Thread: AMT - page 19. (Read 678322 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
April 11, 2014, 08:49:37 AM
Hi all
This morning i recieved my amt miner kit.  Grin off to buy a psu for it today. ill update with performance and power usage as mellorbo and regtable have a temp gauge and volt meter. we should have the kits running and tweaked hopefully by tonight
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
April 11, 2014, 07:45:23 AM
regtable69,
Would you be so kind to reveal ACTUAL performance of your rig and ACTUAL power consumption at the wall?
10X
Activity: 532
April 11, 2014, 07:29:59 AM
If they provided some of that documentation into their original post or into a webpage on their site, that would go a long way to addressing some of this. The other concern you mentioned in packaging was the bubble wrap...hopefully it was in some static protective wrapping....between the packing popcorn and the bubblewrap static discharge can be a real problem that can cause other issues. I will take pictures for my unboxing as part of my review. Want this to be an honest through review. Hopefully my experience with the unboxing/shipping will be better. I am expecting a tracking number today so hopefully I see something.
Activity: 588
April 11, 2014, 07:20:14 AM
Hey guy's
Why are you so silent?
As long as you getting the units i am eager to see some honest pool speed chart + power consumption?
Any One
That was the top AMT secret kept away from us Grin
It is about time truth to be revealed Grin

being in the uk there is sime tweaking to be done. and our dual power supply is not performing as it should. will update later today
Honestly speaking dual power supply is big NoNo in general
There are many potential issues involved
Just a friendly advise for all of you

if It is possible just buy additional Rapi and split your setup .
the goal is always to use common ground from SINGLE PSU and never mixed PSU's grounds

AMT engineers where are you  Grin
Give some help to your customers so they can use your products at the end Grin

we have had input from amt regarding our set up and the dual psu as you say is a no no. just causes voltage dunless you can run it off a seperate plug socket which is a nightmare.

Agree here.   With all the power supply issues,  one should be able to split up their modules.

What hardware do I need to set up an additional rig?
[/quote]
presumably a new pi and interface board plus another backplane. if you have a 1500w psu you should be ok for 5 boards. iv been running the 3x boards on a 750w psu so far but off to buy an 1100w today see if this improves the voltage to the cards as one seems to drop low. although having a good tweak made all cards go active with all cores showing 250+/- active cores its too much for a 750w
legendary
Activity: 868
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
April 11, 2014, 07:15:33 AM
Hey guy's
Why are you so silent?
As long as you getting the units i am eager to see some honest pool speed chart + power consumption?
Any One

being in the uk there is sime tweaking to be done. and our dual power supply is not performing as it should. will update later today

the goal is always to use common ground from SINGLE PSU and never mixed PSU's grounds

Agree here.   With all the power supply issues,  one should be able to split up their modules.

What hardware do I need to set up an additional rig?
Activity: 854
Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.
April 11, 2014, 07:13:11 AM

Thats what I was hoping for out of the kit when they first brought up the idea, then they could have just sold modules as upgrades. I was thinking about running them independently in  a few rooms. Spread that heat out.
April 11, 2014, 07:07:26 AM
SO I can pull up AMT's web interface but it's not recognizing the modules.

I keep looking at the CG miner logs and get a cgminer not connected page.
plug direct into the pi at start up with a hdmi and usb keyboard log in to the pi with u root p amt then type killall cgminer. this will stop the mining process then type cgminer -DT this will give you a massive list. better if you can putty into the miner then you can scroll back up but basically the info displayed will be a load of numbers and at bottom of each section summat like 8 chips with 250~ cores. if you get that its working ok. and that value should be repeated per card. then jus type cgminer again and input pool details you get the old fasioned cgminer layout so you can see card stats

THanks, I'll do this in the morning when I'm clear headed, I really don't need to fuck up the new miner. Sounds like this should simplify things.
legendary
April 11, 2014, 07:06:28 AM
Hey guy's
Why are you so silent?
Any One

April 11, 2014, 07:03:09 AM

plug direct into the pi at start up with a hdmi and usb keyboard log in to the pi with u root p amt then type killall cgminer. this will stop the mining process then type cgminer -DT this will give you a massive list. better if you can putty into the miner then you can scroll back up but basically the info displayed will be a load of numbers and at bottom of each section summat like 8 chips with 250~ cores. if you get that its working ok. and that value should be repeated per card. then jus type cgminer again and input pool details you get the old fasioned cgminer layout so you can see card stats
April 11, 2014, 06:58:03 AM
Hey guy's
Why are you so silent?
Any One

April 11, 2014, 06:04:06 AM
Also if anyone received a kit that actually included instructions,would you please scan said instructions, if they aren't a myth that is ;-)

legendary
Activity: 868
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
April 11, 2014, 05:40:55 AM
Checking reviews on PSU's brought another point - if it has multiple 12v rails (like the e-Power ones do) - check the wattage rating of them. Case in point, a 1500w e-Power one I saw has 6 rails - but each has a max rating of only 264w (12v*22a) and the blades need 300w each or more...

Really looking like multiple supplies is gonna be the easiest way to go.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-HP-BLC-7000-Hot-Plug-PSU-2450W-Part-488603-001-488603-001-/111315648756?pt=US_Server_Power_Supplies&hash=item19eaee00f4

Would you know how to retro-fit this kind of a supply to work ?
legendary
April 11, 2014, 05:27:27 AM
Hey guy's
Why are you so silent?
Any One

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
April 11, 2014, 01:20:27 AM
Checking reviews on PSU's brought another point - if it has multiple 12v rails (like the e-Power ones do) - check the wattage rating of them. Case in point, a 1500w e-Power one I saw has 6 rails - but each has a max rating of only 264w (12v*22a) and the blades need 300w each or more...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-HP-BLC-7000-Hot-Plug-PSU-2450W-Part-488603-001-488603-001-/111315648756?pt=US_Server_Power_Supplies&hash=item19eaee00f4
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
April 11, 2014, 01:03:09 AM

Activity: 181
Merit: 100
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
April 11, 2014, 01:02:55 AM
I was told by AMT my order 899 would ship this week and that I should expect a tracking number either today or tmrw. Here's to hoping they actually email me a tracking number tmrw...
April 11, 2014, 12:44:16 AM
hmmm

If anyone is up and running with a kit and can post a picture of your set up I just want to make sure I'm not missing something.
legendary
April 11, 2014, 12:33:31 AM

These are tested machines ...at least that is what AMT claimed:)
Check your cabling dude
Ps
Is there 24 performance chart available yet?
Someone?
April 11, 2014, 12:30:21 AM

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
April 10, 2014, 11:40:36 PM
Speaking of power supplies, been looking around at some for my rig when it comes. One thing I noticed is that many 1500w supplies have 2 different ratings depending on the voltage feeding it. Especially server PSU's.

As in rated 1500w only with 180-240vac feeding it, 950w with 100-129vac in. Just sayin' - pay attention to that possibility and double check the specs.

All of my power supplies are now Enermax Platimax or Enermax MaxRevo's.  I got tired of waking up in the morning and seeing that a power supply failed and my miner didn't mine all night.  Learn from me. Just get quality power supplies from the start.
Pages:
Jump to: