Author

Topic: Official Thread: AMT - page 287. (Read 678353 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
December 20, 2013, 03:48:18 PM
I gotta agree that the location of the video is of little to no importance, the connection to Bulgaria is already explained and entirely reasonable (*) and the fact there is another company called "advanced mining technology" should shock no one. Note the date it was founded, back in 1990.

(*) except for this,  I forgot to add this to my list of lies; AMT's claim that they can legally avoid VAT in Europe by shipping from Bulgaria is absolute bullshit. I might consider it a mistake, they could have confused import tax with VAT, if it werent for the fact they were corrected and still maintained no VAT was due even for consumers due to some trickery. Thats either nonsense or 100% illegal.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
December 20, 2013, 03:44:53 PM
AMT was very open about their trip to Bulgaria as was Marto74. They are working with technobit, verified as well.

It's laughable they didn't disclose the "location' of where the video was shot. Who cares? Would it have been better had it been shot in someone's living room?

It seems that you are the only guy who invested in AMT and who is active a lot in this thread. Congratulations! You are one of a kind, something that's so hard to achieve. How come nobody else is active?
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
December 20, 2013, 03:42:49 PM
Jim (or Josh?) was helpful and apologized: apparently I should have had 4 boards and not 3, he's shipping a 4th one asap. Frankly I think these guys are going as fast as they can and are working their ass off, but it's still early days. I'd rather have a miner with a few things to figure out than no miner with a great documentation. I manage an IT organization, I should be able to figure it out (here's hoping...). It also seems that when connected to fast computer, we can get 45GH/s per board, my laptop is sucky.

Where are you going to put the 4th board? From the pics you posted, there doesn't appear to be any drive bays.

So you'll get between 160 and 180 GH/s out of 4 boards. That's still not the 192 GH/s you paid for.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
December 20, 2013, 03:27:32 PM
AMT was very open about their trip to Bulgaria as was Marto74. They are working with technobit, verified as well.

It's laughable they didn't disclose the "location' of where the video was shot. Who cares? Would it have been better had it been shot in someone's living room?
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
December 20, 2013, 03:23:46 PM
Thanks for the detective work. It settle the matter for me, they are clearly a scam.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
December 20, 2013, 02:46:20 PM
Beware!

Hey every one!,

I'm new here. I wanted to pass some information that I found during my search in seeing if this company is a scam or not. I found their flicker stream. I then downloaded their photos and ran each image in exif tool i( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exchangeable_image_file_format). They uploaded it with their cell phone. This gave us a GPS location where these photos were taken. I have also included a google map where this GPS data takes you.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/107201528@N06/10583836383/sizes/o/in/photostream/

(...)

MAP OF LOCATION
https://maps.google.com/maps?t=m&q=42.6586%2C+23.394714&output=classic

I hope this helps anyone out in making the right choice here.

-unf
It should be noted that while the ashtray isn't there, the same wine colored couch is in both the video on Youtube and pictures from AMT's Flikr account.
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2824/10583836383_aba51a3a2c_o_d.jpg
That image specifically maps here... https://maps.google.com/maps?t=m&q=42.6586%2C+23.394714&output=classic

Obviously AMT could have flown to Bulgaria to meet with Technobit as they are an important supplier and filmed the video at that time. They didn't claim in the video that they were filming it in the US, at least as far as I heard.

do you bother reading any of this thread b4 you post? old news and discussed in detail... but thanks.

/facepalm

here we go again.
Granted I haven't checked in here in awhile, but where in this thread was it mentioned that AMT's video and photos were taken in Bulgaria? I didn't see it as I scanned to catch up.
December 20, 2013, 02:31:44 PM
do you bother reading any of this thread b4 you post? old news and discussed in detail... but thanks.

/facepalm

here we go again.
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
December 20, 2013, 02:15:59 PM
Beware!

People behind this suspicious scheme is misrepresenting an already registered legal entity in USA know as "ADVANCED MINING TECHNOLOGY, INC.":

https://www.corporations.state.pa.us/corp/soskb/Corp.asp?868855

This legal entity have no relationship whatsoever with the Internet page http://www.advancedminers.com/ which was registered on 10 Sep 2013:

Here is the source of an email sent by the advancedminers.com domain after an order is placed and wire transfer is required to complete the sale:

Ok... will do that, one minute, I have to open an find out how to post an image

Hey every one!,

I'm new here. I wanted to pass some information that I found during my search in seeing if this company is a scam or not. I found their flicker stream. I then downloaded their photos and ran each image in exif tool i( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exchangeable_image_file_format). They uploaded it with their cell phone. This gave us a GPS location where these photos were taken. I have also included a google map where this GPS data takes you.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/107201528@N06/10583836383/sizes/o/in/photostream/

(...)

MAP OF LOCATION
https://maps.google.com/maps?t=m&q=42.6586%2C+23.394714&output=classic

I hope this helps anyone out in making the right choice here.

-unf
Activity: 81
December 20, 2013, 11:47:53 AM
In case anybody is left interested in actual bitcoin mining, the latest news about the miner I got is: Jim (or Josh?) called me yesterday and explained the TP-Link. It turns out it's been flashed as a linux server. Nifty! No wonder I thought it was not working, AMT set it up as a completely different device than what it was originally.

I did not have time to stay on the phone and getting it setup, it's connecting to the internet but I could not get the embedded cgminer to connect to a mining pool. I need to spend some time over the week-end. In the mean time I am mining connected to my laptop with USB, which is ok for now.
Jim (or Josh?) was helpful and apologized: apparently I should have had 4 boards and not 3, he's shipping a 4th one asap. Frankly I think these guys are going as fast as they can and are working their ass off, but it's still early days. I'd rather have a miner with a few things to figure out than no miner with a great documentation. I manage an IT organization, I should be able to figure it out (here's hoping...). It also seems that when connected to fast computer, we can get 45GH/s per board, my laptop is sucky.

I started to read the forum but I don't have time for all that. Some members sure have a way to make the newbies feel welcome...
I really can't believe I have to say this, but to be fair to AMT, I am not getting 5% to post here, I ordered my miner back in October. I am just sharing my experience in the hope that it's helpful. Do what you want with it. Given the tone here, this may be my last post.

Check for the network connectivity, make sure you can ping something outside first, there's 2 USB ports on Raspberry PI, if one of them is open you can buy a cheap wireless dongle and connect wireless too...I've used that with some PI project before.
http://techcrunch.com/2012/10/21/getting-started-with-the-raspberry-pi-is-not-as-easy-as-pie/

Then try something like this:-

cgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -u myminingaddress -p 123

Where myminingaddress string is your mining bitcoin address...if you have your favorite pool URL already well known, you can use that for sure, I just know the one above works.

Not sure without playing around to see if the devices getting picked up, but if you USB mining already to the laptop, then it's likely they are being picked up, but you'll need to use device list command to see them outside cgminer app, like lsusb if it's on PI os.

Good luck buddy!
December 20, 2013, 09:18:06 AM
AMT's main problem  is poor communication and a bit more ego than justified.

Here is how I see it; what AMT is selling are Technobit Bitfury boards crammed in a Lian Li case. Whoopdeedoo. This is something most of us could do easily. Now thats not to say there is no value in doing that, Im sure some people prefer that over a bare stack of boards, even if the latter would be cheaper, more space efficient, and provides better cooling.

The problems however are more than just "communication":
- They've consistently failed to deliver on their shipping promise.
- Their specs are lies. Performance claims for the bitfury gear are grossly exaggerated (64GH per board where as Technobit advertises those same boards as 40GH), the power efficiency claims for their coincraft gear are also lies. The promised shipping date for their coincraft gear is almost certainly a lie.
- Whether intended or not, their "shill discount policy" actively encourages people to lie on their behalf. Furthermore, they make several claims that I find very hard to believe, like shipping large volumes to "rich" individuals and anonymous large scale "corporate customers". What large scale mining operation would be interested in their form factor? Why would they order with an unknown, unfindable company? Why wouldnt AMT post some pics of those machines before or after deployment?

IN short, at best they have zero integrity, and if you add their attitude towards (potential) customers which seems like a carbon copy of Inaba on a bad day, it all sounds like BFL's vices on steroids without the actual technical innovation. At worst its a plain scam.

Here is how it is...

1. a bitmining company is running behind so i shouldn't purchase from them ohh NOOs!!... with that line of thinking you would never own a miner.
2. marto74 from technobit himself has made the claim the boards will run 40-64gh. are you calling marto74 a liar? i'd definitely take marto's word over more of your worthless tirades.
3. pierred said AMT made a mistake on his miner and is shipping him another board that was inadvertently left out. (ohh no they made a mistake maybe i should never buy from them!!)
4. the power efficiency stated is not incorrect. there are several power management options with which you can run the boards off the wall.
5. you haven't a shred of proof anything myself, or anyone else for that matter, has stated has been a lie. this is pure conjecture and speculation coming from an angry and burned btc miner. matter of fact... i'd say YOU are the one person on this thread making false statements.
6. let me get this straight, because AMT will not divulge their customer base to the likes of YOU they must be lying? why doesn't AMT just give you their address too so you can swing by and have a look at the hashrate? stfu man... are you that ignorant?
7. pictures, pictures, pictures... they have posted so many pictures of miners being assembled and boxed for shipping, on this thread no less!!!, it's ridiculous. yet still you play stupid and act like you have not seen them. pierred has even come forward and posted pics of the miner he received. nevertheless, it's all a big conspiracy in your little world.

In short puppett... you look like an idiot man. what's your motive? - you post patent lies and accuse AMT customers of being shills and liars. who are you working for man? unless you are some weirdo troll with nothing better to do i find it hard to understand why you continue to post on this thread. you have purchased nothing (supposedly) so why are you here? what is your purpose for lurking in this thread continuously? your're not a hero man, you are not "saving" anyone... you just look like an attention whore who's been burned one too many times in the btc world. go get a life, job, girlfriend or w/e and stop looking like a troll.

i'll continue to point out every lie you make on this thread. why do i do it? a. because i hate liars and attention whores and b. because i'm a customer of AMT's and have a large financial stake in how this pans out.

legendary
December 20, 2013, 05:08:47 AM
AMT's main problem  is poor communication and a bit more ego than justified.

Here is how I see it; what AMT is selling are Technobit Bitfury boards crammed in a Lian Li case. Whoopdeedoo. This is something most of us could do easily. Now thats not to say there is no value in doing that, Im sure some people prefer that over a bare stack of boards, even if the latter would be cheaper, more space efficient, and provides better cooling.

The problems however are more than just "communication":
- They've consistently failed to deliver on their shipping promise.
- Their specs are lies. Performance claims for the bitfury gear are grossly exaggerated (64GH per board where as Technobit advertises those same boards as 40GH), the power efficiency claims for their coincraft gear are also lies. The promised shipping date for their coincraft gear is almost certainly a lie.
- Their claimed VAT tax avoidance scheme is either a lie or completely illegal. Possibly both.
- Whether intended or not, their "shill discount policy" actively encourages people to lie on their behalf. Furthermore, they make several claims that I find very hard to believe, like shipping large volumes to "rich" individuals and anonymous large scale "corporate customers". What large scale mining operation would be interested in their form factor? Why would they order with an unknown, unfindable company? Why wouldnt AMT post some pics of those machines before or after deployment?

IN short, at best they have zero integrity, and if you add their attitude towards (potential) customers which seems like a carbon copy of Inaba on a bad day, it all sounds like BFL's vices on steroids without the actual technical innovation. At worst its a plain scam.
legendary
December 20, 2013, 04:21:48 AM
You need to get a job. Way too much time on your hands.

Lol. Says a dude who's "job" consists of hiding behind fake accounts and deceiving fellow miners for maybe a 5% discount on a product that may not even ship.
I like my job. Do you?
Activity: 84
December 20, 2013, 01:29:38 AM
Not being too confident in these guys so far, I went ahead and found a 33 GHs block erupter cube on the net (in-hand with 3-day shipping) for under $1000. At least that will get me started and pay for itself (at the difficulty now) in around 2 1/2 months. AMT never phoned me back or responded to my email, plus in any case I'd be looking at a good month to get one (an 80, 128 or 192). I still give them a vote of confidence, but won't be sending any money until there's some definite "customer relations". But they do seem to have the best prices, so let's wait and see if they get their act together.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
December 19, 2013, 11:36:22 PM
In case anybody is left interested in actual bitcoin mining, the latest news about the miner I got is: Jim (or Josh?) called me yesterday and explained the TP-Link. It turns out it's been flashed as a linux server. Nifty! No wonder I thought it was not working, AMT set it up as a completely different device than what it was originally.

I did not have time to stay on the phone and getting it setup, it's connecting to the internet but I could not get the embedded cgminer to connect to a mining pool. I need to spend some time over the week-end. In the mean time I am mining connected to my laptop with USB, which is ok for now.

I started to read the forum but I don't have time for all that. Some members sure have a way to make the newbies feel welcome...
I really can't believe I have to say this, but to be fair to AMT, I am not getting 5% to post here, I ordered my miner back in October. I am just sharing my experience in the hope that it's helpful. Do what you want with it. Given the tone here, this may be my last post.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
December 19, 2013, 10:56:52 PM
Well, I guess there is at least one element of honesty in the shilling:  a 5% discount and an early shipment is worthless on a product that won't ever exist. So at least we can say that all the shills created through that offer at least earnestly believe that AMT is not a scam.

just wow, we have a "moderator" chiming in? I just lost a lot of respect for this site - im late to that game i admit. here i was thinking this was a reputable blog.

gmaxwell... do you have anything intelligent to bring to the conversation or just your worthless speculation?

a'right, now you crossed a line. gmaxwell has been very even handed as a mod. (he's deleted a couple of my posts, and I had it coming). He's still entitled to his opinion.

That being said, I still don't think you're a shill. Just a fanboy, which is ok. But chill out a bit, eh? There will always be a hostile element in any public forum. You got poked at, and responded. It happens. Most of us have done it. Now take a deep breath, take your hands away from the keyboard, smoke a joint, and ease down the steam a bit. Otherwise you look like the accusations are not baseless. Capice?
December 19, 2013, 06:38:24 PM
"crickets"

Puppet is a good source of information. He also jumps newbies. It's not a good dichotomy, but there it is.

I've not been specifically in his sights like some others, but I do want to comment on something I keep noticing (actually not that much from Puppet, but from quite a few others who have been on for a long time). That's the "have it both ways" mentality. I got jumped for being a newbie with opinions the day I started posting. Yet in reality I had been on the fora for over two months. I just didn't bother to register until I had something to say. Which turned out to be an annoyance due to newbie jail (my own failure, had I registered while reading I would have had all the necessary time online, and five posts ain't shit).

But there it is. Everyone starts somewhere. Being a new guy doesn't mean anything, really. People are always yelling to read, but if you take the time to do so, they yell for you being a new guy with a low post count.

How 'bout looking to content ahead of time in service, eh? Is that such an egregious paradigm?

I'd like to hear from just one of the newbie bashers on this. The one who never tripped over his dick on a forum. I've never met this guy, and despite being rather new here, I've been on BBS's since the late 70's. Everybody is a newbie at some point. And as you noted, along with others, Bitcoin is gaining traction in the media. A couple weeks back it was on the front page of the Idaho Statesman, and that paper has over a hundred year history of being late to the party.

On topic, I really hope AMT pulls it off. They are within reach of me if I can raise the money. I like the idea of walking in with cash and out with a mining machine.

True words brother, I'm a BFL's owner from early last year and looked over posts here often not needing to post, until looking over the new 28nm vendor wave (and scams) and then thought to see if I can find a good manufacturer to get behind, but this 28nm is still so bleeding edge its somewhat reminiscent of 65nm BFL claim days, still it isn't months delay or year that many of us experienced with BFL...still with BTC instability it does make one wonder are we gonna the miss boat? This urgency is certainly driving a lot of angst here in this and other threads, but as customer I'm still hopeful they will deliver ontime? Timing does have me concerned, but they are assembler not the manufacturer, manufacturer led delays can't be blamed on AMT directly, but at the same time they need to work with Bitmine or sources to maintain timing commitments to their customers. As it's early days on 28nm ASIC manufacturing for bitcoin chip production it's likely difficult to do this yet. If the market survives the variability...at some point Miners really need to band together to get some currency stability if we want it to grow?
December 19, 2013, 06:22:22 PM
So the reseller can sell cheaper than the supplier and deliver earlier... Yeah right.

Not too mention 2 to 3x the electrical efficiency of Bitmine's spec.

Check out the Coincraft A1 chip and you'll know it can run at different levels and specified power levels? So the users can tune to power availability or cost/benefit needs. Is Google not working for that sort of search for you? I agree packaging makes a difference to overall wall socket draw, but 80% rule should indicate that the ASIC's on the boards are big consumers of overall power...?

http://advancedminers.com/coincraft-a1-datasheet-specifications-released/
http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=25
December 19, 2013, 05:43:14 PM
Well, I guess there is at least one element of honesty in the shilling:  a 5% discount and an early shipment is worthless on a product that won't ever exist. So at least we can say that all the shills created through that offer at least earnestly believe that AMT is not a scam.
just wow, we have a "moderator" chiming in? I just lost a lot of respect for this site - im late to that game i admit. here i was thinking this was a reputable blog.
gmaxwell... do you have anything intelligent to bring to the conversation or just your worthless speculation?
Do you get double pay for making a fool of yourself towards a moderator?

I thought I was offering the best possible positive spin on an otherwise pretty terrible situation. Feel free to disagree.

comedy is not your forte. how about you stick with "moderating" - im not so sure that's your forte either from the looks of it. don't quit your day job bro.
staff
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8672
December 19, 2013, 05:40:48 PM
Do you get double pay for making a fool of yourself towards a moderator?

I thought I was offering the best possible positive spin on an otherwise pretty terrible situation. Feel free to disagree.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Movin' on up.
December 19, 2013, 05:35:38 PM
here i was thinking this was a reputable blog.

Hahaha, if you thought this was a blog you're in need of more help than I originally thought. :p
Jump to: