Author

Topic: Official Thread: AMT - page 283. (Read 678353 times)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100
BitRoll
December 21, 2013, 11:47:25 PM
wow, no one is getting miners anywhere yet the network hashrate keeps flying up!!!

you'd think miners would of organized by now and have a bit more control and say over their money??

is it time to form an association?? nah, they are out to make millions themselves and hate on each other!!   Shocked

My miner from amt is supposed to come first week of jan ( Iam picking up at amt).  I will make a demo video as soon as I get it for everyone to see.   Fingers crossed.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
December 21, 2013, 11:27:08 PM
wow, no one is getting miners anywhere yet the network hashrate keeps flying up!!!

you'd think miners would of organized by now and have a bit more control and say over their money??

is it time to form an association?? nah, they are out to make millions themselves and hate on each other!!   Shocked
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
December 21, 2013, 11:26:30 PM
We're not big on pre.orders either, but its the way of the world for now.
It's not the way of the world.  It's a choice.  Pretending otherwise is disingenuous.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
December 21, 2013, 10:48:23 PM
I went to their new location and to my shock and dismay, there is a sign that says "Advanced Mining technology, inc." on the E building. So it appears that that is where they are based out of.

However, the door was locked so I was not able to go inside. I could not confirm anything other than just a sign with their name on it.

i honestly do believe you were dismayed. shows what a bitter asshole you are.

Takes one to know one

at least i'm not dismayed over the whole thing

Okay
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
December 21, 2013, 09:35:33 PM
I submitted order #1068 made on December 13, 2013. Order status: on-hold. I guess you cannot (could not) take my credit card payment, so no funds were sent. This was for an 80 Ghs. I left both a phone message and email about how to get the funds to you, but never heard back. I'd like to get one ASAP and can come down in person with cash on pickup, as I'm in PA but 2 1/2 hrs away. If you can take a credit card cash-advance check that would work too, just give me the proper address and a fairly firm date of when I can pick up (2 weeks?).
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
December 21, 2013, 09:02:08 PM
What a train wreck.

What worries me the most is that bitmine.ch chose AMT as their exclusive US distributor.  I really hope they reconsider, and soon.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
December 21, 2013, 09:00:02 PM
To be fair just because his email is associated with those nameservers, doesn't mean that he actually owns/runs those domains.  He may just be running the server/offering webhosting.

I did get a laugh out of the buycustomertestimonials.com domain though
Activity: 145
BitRoll
December 21, 2013, 08:57:18 PM
I have ordered an AMT miner and i am waiting for it to ship. It would be great if this forum was constructive instead of all negative about AMT.  If AMT is a scam well i am out the money and it will suck for me.  If you think AMT is a scam don't order from them I think its that simple.  I think enough bashing is going on here.   Let's seem AMT come through or i will be out $.  No matter what, bitcoin mining is a risk so its matter if i take a risk with AMT or mining or both Smiley.

i am hoping for an on-time delivery for my miner from AMT and not worry soo much about them being a scam.   I would really like to learn from this forum about my miner from others when i get so i am not opening it and trying to make it work. 

If you think AMT is a scam DONT ORDER FROM THEM go somewhere else.  For those of us who ordered from AMT need this to be a place to get updates and info and not a place where AMT is not comfortable posting info since everyone is going to analysis the color of the cough in the background.
Activity: 420
December 21, 2013, 08:55:58 PM
I went to their new location and to my shock and dismay, there is a sign that says "Advanced Mining technology, inc." on the E building. So it appears that that is where they are based out of.

However, the door was locked so I was not able to go inside. I could not confirm anything other than just a sign with their name on it.

Takes one to know one

at least i'm not dismayed over the whole thing
December 21, 2013, 08:13:16 PM

Takes one to know one
Activity: 168
Movin' on up.
December 21, 2013, 08:11:16 PM

I'm pretty sure they just went to see if they could buy a miner, like AMT suggested was possible. Earlier in the thread they did state that it was possible to do so. If I lived closer and it were realistic for me to do so, I would do the same. Unfortunately, all I can do is sit here and say "Where the hell is that miner I paid for?"

I'm anxiously awaiting the outcome of this whole thing.
Activity: 420
December 21, 2013, 07:44:01 PM

December 21, 2013, 07:25:37 PM

vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
December 21, 2013, 06:54:11 PM
The evidence indicates that this is an one-man business façade using the registered name of a legal entity to instigate a sense false of confidence. I asked ATM_miners what was the legal entity which represents the sales being offered in the advancedminers.com Internet page. Instead to him clarify the matter by identifying who responds for the "Advanced Mining Technologies", he decided to ignore the question:

Joshua Zipkin is one of our employees, some came to his house this morning asking to buying a miner and was walking around his property really suspiciously.

Please remove that post, your endangering the guys family.. seriously.

Hi,

I am sorry, but the post will remain there.

By the way, if you are not Joshua Zipkin, who are you? Who legally represents the business selling the products on advancedminers.com? Where the legal entity is registered?

Augusto Croppo.

We'll have to respond accordingly then. Thank you for jeopardizing someones family.
Activity: 168
December 21, 2013, 06:33:27 PM
@RoadStress and @Xian01:  I meant my words at face value; future manufacturing companies should look at this thread, and learn from it...  both in terms of PR and communication, and in terms of typical forum banter.  Personally, I think AMT desperately needs to find someone to do PR, and to set up structured communication regarding progress.  I find the privacy invasions and associated creative narratives rather distasteful, but not unexpected given the personality of this forum.

In the end, it appears AMT is shipping miners.  Timelines, performance, locations, yada yada whatever.  I'm not involved in that part of this conversation.  But they're shipping miners, which means we can stop throwing the s-word around at least.
Activity: 28
December 21, 2013, 05:56:10 PM
Finally I can post here! ( I have read this site for a while but only recently registered so I have been sitting in newbie hell)
I have been communicating with AMT for some time now and I have ordered one of their 1.2TH units. I do not work for them nor am I associated with them in any way.
I have actually spoken to Jim on the phone and the conversation was long and interesting. We discussed various aspects of bitcoin mining chips etc. He was very forthright and did not make any ridiculous claims. He did say they were using a 3rd party chip (this was before the coincraft deal was announced) and that they expected to begin manufacture of the miners by the back end of December, as a fairly early order (yes I paid in BTC and yes the BTC is worth more now than it was then) I am supposed to receive my order by January 6th. Given the coincraft delay (which would I think affect the delivery of A1 chips to AMT) that date may be a little optimistic. Equally if I were a betting man I would expect my AMT unit to arrive before the BFL Monarch that I ordered on the first day of orders. BFL_Josh is estimating late January for those boards and he has not been super accurate (understatement) in his predictions in the past. Don't get me wrong I think that Josh at BFL is a good man and being honest in his opinions. I just think he wants to give people news that they want to hear and tends to be over optimistic.

Someone asked for order numbers, I am not sure that would be safe but my order number is >650 and <700 which should give you a good idea without being too specific. I have been mining for a couple of years now and am currently using BFL equipment. I am currently in the process of setting up a large scale mining operation (in the order of 500 TH/s) with a group of investors, This won't be using equipment from either BFL or AMT. I will let you know how it goes..

I will definitely post here as soon as I receive my equipment and give a blow by blow on my first few days.

BTW personally I don't like trolls I am not convinced they add anything useful to the conversation, however I will defend to the death their right to be loudmouthed ignoramuses with verbal diarrhea !-)

AMT are terrible at their online persona and they do come off brusque and rude. There is, however, as a recent survey pointed out no correlation between customer satisfaction and either long term profit or share price,. So if they are rude and efficient I will prefer it over an habitually late silky smooth person.

Good luck and Good mining
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
December 21, 2013, 05:07:27 PM
4 to 6 Weeks. Our chips come in next week, or at least are due to.

Are you saying you are not affected by Bitmine's delay?
Activity: 392
December 21, 2013, 05:06:20 PM
What happened to this thread?  Last I checked it was all ok

We posted some positive news and a member actually came forward and demonstrated his miner. Since then its been pretty crazy because we must actually be legit right.

Anyway, now we're going to invest some serious time and energy into PR and everyone here posting negative comments will look a bunch of assholes. Weed out the comments, naysayers and trolls, and then.. Bam - videos, PR, Forbes..
December 21, 2013, 05:03:41 PM
So every individual name is unique... You are so naive...

I see dozens of "Joshua Zipkin", more in PA also... Seems a common name, like mine is. There are 53 of me, same full name and middle initial, two in my state, none are me.
https://pipl.com/directory/name/Zipkin/Joshua/

Oh 114,000 results for that specific name... Joshua, you type a lot! lol.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Joshua+Zipkin

Leave detective work to actual detectives.

So which is it... he is living in PA... or Bulgaria... How is he in both places at the same time! Show me that trick. He isn't Derren Brown!

I don't see any retorts to "Customers", I see retorts to "Trolls", who are not customers. They apparently have "done their detective work", and are sure about "not making a purchase". (No they are not, they are interested in trolling, to get a rise from AMT. Playing childish games.)

Just ignore the posts.

P.S. This was not intended to implicate Josh, or invade on his privacy, or the privacy of any other listed Joshua Zipkins, found on the public records, by google. (I apologize to all 28 of you!)

Hes one of the guys that works in our office. Please remove this post as its very intrusive. Otherwise we'll have to make the new CEO Smiley
December 21, 2013, 05:02:13 PM
how long time for delivery 1.2 miner? i live in connecticut

4 to 6 Weeks. Our chips come in next week, or at least are due to. Our setup is almost done and we're at final assembly stages of the 1.2th. Please feel free to place your order via the site and contact [email protected] for any questions, this really isnt the place for it.
Jump to: