Pages:
Author

Topic: OK, THIS IS FUCKING INSANE - page 4. (Read 9990 times)

Activity: 699
Merit: 500
Your Minion
April 03, 2013, 06:30:39 AM
I think it's the beginning of last leg - vertical one. Could go like that for several days...

Yepp BFL is about to release...

a statement about a release.
KTE
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
April 03, 2013, 06:19:42 AM

Dude I'm close to paying off my mortgage!!! my only two concerns are:
* When do I take my profits. (at one point I must take some profits, I haven't ever since I started mining and buying I haven't sold a single BTC)!
* How to avoid getting taxed like crazy when I transfer fiat back to my account.

I'm in the same boat as you (except I'm lucky to not have any debt). What I'm going to do is lighten up the load by 10% when that is enough to recoup my initial investment. My mean buy price is $20 so there's still a bit to go. Then I'll make my next game plan.

When doing my first investment at the turn of the year, I decided that I will hold for 1yr and see where we are at that point and make plans accordingly, unless there's a big change in fundamentals that shakes my beliefin bitcoin. I also made half-jokingly a plan that if the value increases tenfold, I will cash out my initial investment because the hit to my BTC portfolio will be relatively small for the gains I get in fiat in that point.

Sure, if btc goes up another 10x I only get a 9x growth at that point, but hey - you can't have your cake and eat it too.

I know you might already be beyond the 10x threshold, but I feel like mine is a solid plan. I'll invest the cashed out portion to some more stable instruments.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
April 03, 2013, 05:59:46 AM
Do you think the early investors of microsoft or other huge .coms felt the same way?

the problem is that they didn't experience this amount of growth in such a short term!

Yes but Micosfoft / apple is what 10$ bucks from everyone.....its scraps

they are side shows in the scheme of things, look at the trade market values, 100x or 1000x apples

this i deep in the machine
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
April 03, 2013, 05:57:16 AM
Even for a bull like myself, who's in dreamland right now and seriously considering selling just because I don't really know how am I going to play out the transfer of my money back to my accounts, this is plain insanity.
I have never seen this kind of sustained growth in any financial tool... not in commodities ( I used to trade coffee and OJ), not in silver/dollar much less in stocks minus some penny stocks that shouldn't be counted (Hello Granny Mae!!!)
Although many people call this a bubble, while I call it a correction, there is no doubt that there's a lot of speculation and people buying coins to hoard them and to speculate the price will continue to rise. I just cannot believe how the price has gone from $101, (on April 2nd at 6:43:15 GMT) when I bought 0.5 using money from a relative and I only bought 0.5 because I was somewhat skeptical and I was waiting for a small dip to get in, to a whooping $136 in about 24hrs!!!
That is just plain ridiculous and sorry if I sound like a moronic bear but it's insane to think differently about it.
So, where do we go from here? when are we hitting $200?
I read other posts about hittin $1000 this year and I was skeptical about it, but who's to say it isn't possible?

You have never seen this because it's not growth, into replacement of gov fiat FRB, it going to go up to the value of market penetration

As I keep saying all the financial instrument you knew to date, merely swapped around existing fiat value created by by FRB/CCR

no one made a single dollar on stocks just swapping around existing Fiat amounts, this is replacement/displacement of the whole Govt FIAT system to the point of penetration, it will rise to that penetration level, which will be at least $200,000 K per coin

the only question remains which Crypto will win out, how many cryptos can the market support. I suspect, LTC will suck the life out of BTC because there are less early adopters, and secretly people want to see that wealth sucked of early adopters and  out LTC is harder, faster to centralize, further LTC has not as many larger holders so will be more stable and PPC will then suck the life out of LTC, because of its low energy system, and it solves the lost coins problem, so people will feel better about that.
Activity: 406
Merit: 286
Neptune, Scalable Privacy
April 03, 2013, 05:27:39 AM
+1 what hyphymikey said

If your plan is to flip bitcoins for a short-term USD profit you will get eaten

But if your plan is to hold bitcoins and use them to pay businesses, you will come out on top

* When do I take my profits. (at one point I must take some profits, I haven't ever since I started mining and buying I haven't sold a single BTC)!
* How to avoid getting taxed like crazy when I transfer fiat back to my account.

This quote hit home for me.  In 1998, I thought I was a genius in the stock market.  I had no formal training, didn't understand the basics, but I had a Datek account and every IPO that had anything to do with tech, I bought - lots.  A $1/share trade would turn into $11 in about two weeks.  I was seriously debating leaving a good, secure job and just sitting home and clicking "buy".  I thought "just another year and I'm buying a house".   Welll, 1999-2001 pretty much erased all profits.  I still have a stock certificate for "whatsforfree.com" i paid close to $20k for.  A single sheet of toilet paper is worth more, i could at least wipe with it.  This BTC is reminding me of those days of "irrational exuberance" (what the catch-phrase was).  This may be different, but to me it seems like only a dozen years ago I was in the same boat.  Anyone else feel the same?
Yes. I was too young to participate in the dotcom boom. I like your story on this, and I definitely think that the community needs a bucket of cold water thrown in its face. Instead of just sitting on our BTCs, we should all work on increasing the number of transactions being made in BTC instead of just sitting on bitcoinity counting our profits.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
April 03, 2013, 05:19:12 AM
+1 what hyphymikey said

But if your plan is to hold bitcoins and use them to pay businesses, you will come out on top

This quote hit home for me.  In 1998, I thought I was a genius in the stock market.  I had no formal training, didn't understand the basics, but I had a Datek account and every IPO that had anything to do with tech, I bought - lots.  A $1/share trade would turn into $11 in about two weeks.  I was seriously debating leaving a good, secure job and just sitting home and clicking "buy".  I thought "just another year and I'm buying a house".   Welll, 1999-2001 pretty much erased all profits.  I still have a stock certificate for "whatsforfree.com" i paid close to $20k for.  A single sheet of toilet paper is worth more, i could at least wipe with it.  This BTC is reminding me of those days of "irrational exuberance" (what the catch-phrase was).  This may be different, but to me it seems like only a dozen years ago I was in the same boat.  Anyone else feel the same?
we are looking at a new future of money, not some stock of some website company

fundamentals are going strong for bitcoin
Activity: 557
April 03, 2013, 05:17:49 AM
+1 what hyphymikey said

Activity: 59
Merit: 0
April 03, 2013, 05:15:45 AM
This graph needs to turn that frown upside down  Sad  Cheesy
Activity: 350
"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"
April 03, 2013, 05:11:23 AM
MASSIVE swing trading opps here!

Not that that's my thing of course Smiley
April 03, 2013, 05:06:58 AM
headless BEAR attacking this super-bull rally but failing tremendeously  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 728
April 03, 2013, 05:00:40 AM
Whatever. I'll die of a heart attack soon enough and my private keys will be lost.  Shocked
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
April 03, 2013, 04:47:06 AM
Split up your stash, it's what Pirate did with his booty Cheesy  40,000 bitcoins is worth....?
Activity: 476
April 03, 2013, 04:27:40 AM
Dude I'm a fucking atheist but nobody makes money this fast and this easy without going to some sort of hell....

LOL. 
Activity: 406
Merit: 286
Neptune, Scalable Privacy
April 03, 2013, 04:27:12 AM
Even for a bull like myself, who's in dreamland right now and seriously considering selling just because I don't really know how am I going to play out the transfer of my money back to my accounts, this is plain insanity.
I have never seen this kind of sustained growth in any financial tool... not in commodities ( I used to trade coffee and OJ), not in silver/dollar much less in stocks minus some penny stocks that shouldn't be counted (Hello Granny Mae!!!)
Although many people call this a bubble, while I call it a correction, there is no doubt that there's a lot of speculation and people buying coins to hoard them and to speculate the price will continue to rise. I just cannot believe how the price has gone from $101, (on April 2nd at 6:43:15 GMT) when I bought 0.5 using money from a relative and I only bought 0.5 because I was somewhat skeptical and I was waiting for a small dip to get in, to a whooping $136 in about 24hrs!!!
That is just plain ridiculous and sorry if I sound like a moronic bear but it's insane to think differently about it.
So, where do we go from here? when are we hitting $200?
I read other posts about hittin $1000 this year and I was skeptical about it, but who's to say it isn't possible?

Bitcoin isn't OJ or coffee- It's something you can't compare to almost anything. As far as investments it's maybe more like Apple stock ( look at the price in 1984 and today....)
I own apple stock (unfortunately) as I jumped in at $490 and although your analogy is true, look at the time lapse in apple stock prices..
we are making 10-20% profits every 24hrs!!! that's fucking crazy dude!
We made 23 % the last three hours. Seems like a pretty regular ROI to me  Cool
Activity: 533
April 03, 2013, 04:00:28 AM
I've mined for awhile at this point and was happy to see $3, $5, and by gosh, $10.  It had to be cashed since it also paid for office rent.  But at the same time, well, that's hindsight for you.  I'm sure we all would've loved to hold onto coins if we bought or mined them at $2 or whatever "cheap" price now.

But as someone said yeah, you can always cash-out what you put in and sit on the rest.   You may lose a few bucks (or a decent amount) in Intraday at the rate this is climbing but you've earned your investment back.  

I'm scared...

But no I do think we'll keep going up for awhile since as was said, the true power of this global money is being shown.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
April 03, 2013, 03:54:22 AM
Uh... to avoid taxes, when you convert to fiat, don't deposit everything into your bank account. Or, just don't cash out in big amounts, sell local or OTC as you need if you need to pay for something in fiat.

Bitcoinstore.com sells a whole bunch of stuff in bitcoins.
April 03, 2013, 03:53:30 AM
predicting 300$ by 15 april
legendary
Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000
April 03, 2013, 03:52:50 AM
most of us are mad we didn't put more disposable income wasted on crap like video games into bitcoin.

A good lesson on why savings is good.
Activity: 672
Merit: 258
https://cryptassist.io
April 03, 2013, 03:50:17 AM
I've already made my call $250/BTC by April 30, 2013.

Might be conservative.

Dude I'm a fucking atheist but nobody makes money this fast and this easy without going to some sort of hell....

Grin

My small investment is growing so fucking rapidly, and is becoming a not so small investment.
However, I love everything about bitcoin and am also afraid to sell  Grin

+1,this is starting to get somewhat serious for me.  I can't even imagine how the real early adopters feel (one might argue that everybody buying now is still an early adopter).

most of us are mad we didn't put more disposable income wasted on crap like video games into bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: