Pages:
Author

Topic: OK, THIS IS FUCKING INSANE - page 5. (Read 9990 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
April 03, 2013, 03:49:24 AM
we could be looking at the future money coming to us sooner than we all had imagined

can you imagine a world of bitcoin as standard money? wow
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
April 03, 2013, 03:42:05 AM
Part of me wants to sell. Part of me thinks that if I sell I'm just giving my bitcoins away at a deep discount to some rich guy who's just paid me with what amounts to pocket change.
Yeah many people regret selling at 30/40/50$ now for sure.. don't wanna be that guy now

That's me... I sold at $27

I could've been rich!

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

*breathe*

*breathe*

farrrkkk
Activity: 182
Merit: 106
April 03, 2013, 03:41:11 AM
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 03, 2013, 03:36:44 AM
I cant breathe!!
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010
Borsche
April 03, 2013, 03:35:11 AM
I think it's the beginning of last leg - vertical one. Could go like that for several days...
Activity: 196
April 03, 2013, 03:32:22 AM

the problem is that they didn't experience this amount of growth in such a short term!

While I think this is true..at some point during the "IPO" there was a growth curve similar to what we are experiencing. What is catalyzing this whole thing is the fact that financial systems around the world have been called into question due to recent events in the EU and Cyprus. People are responding to that uncertainty by getting into bitcoin. What alot of these graphs dont take into consideration is that the market is much more dynamic today than it was even a year ago. People are networked up..tuned in on whats happening globally. This is not just software though...this is MONEY..this impacts EVERYONE.
Activity: 354
April 03, 2013, 03:29:09 AM
+1 what hyphymikey said

If your plan is to flip bitcoins for a short-term USD profit you will get eaten

But if your plan is to hold bitcoins and use them to pay businesses, you will come out on top

Dude I'm close to paying off my mortgage!!! my only two concerns are:
* When do I take my profits. (at one point I must take some profits, I haven't ever since I started mining and buying I haven't sold a single BTC)!
* How to avoid getting taxed like crazy when I transfer fiat back to my account.

Wow you seems to own more than 2000 bitcoins!

^^ Vladimir Club alert Wink

Long term the best way I see to avoid taxes is to never sell. If this is the new Swiss bank account why liquidate? If you want to speculate just sell enough to recover your initial investment and reduce your basis but let the rest ride a few years (or decades).
copper member
Activity: 1428
Merit: 253
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
April 03, 2013, 03:22:34 AM
+1 what hyphymikey said

But if your plan is to hold bitcoins and use them to pay businesses, you will come out on top

* When do I take my profits. (at one point I must take some profits, I haven't ever since I started mining and buying I haven't sold a single BTC)!
* How to avoid getting taxed like crazy when I transfer fiat back to my account.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002
April 03, 2013, 03:28:52 AM
bitcoinforecast.com shows longterm price at USD 253.74
legendary
Activity: 1288
Enabling the maximal migration
April 03, 2013, 03:26:54 AM
+1 what hyphymikey said

I still havent covered my basis. I keep telling myself that I will soon, but never do (for better or worse).

I've been struggling with the tax issue as well and from what I gather it seems far too risky to attempt anything if it hits your account. Only off exchange is worth it.
Activity: 154
April 03, 2013, 03:25:44 AM
+1 what hyphymikey said

Wow you seems to own more than 2000 bitcoins!
Activity: 238
RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!
April 03, 2013, 03:25:22 AM
The price was held artifically low for too long at under $100. Now it is finding it's true value.

Similar thing happened under $50 -- we cut through up to $70 in no time.

This time, there's more buying pressure and the absolute values are larger.

I think this can still go on for some time yet. Sure there will be a small dip at the weekend, but long term it looks like BTC is "melting" up -- just what many have predicted.
Activity: 784
April 03, 2013, 03:21:16 AM
I've already made my call $250/BTC by April 30, 2013.

Might be conservative.

Dude I'm a fucking atheist but nobody makes money this fast and this easy without going to some sort of hell....

Grin

My small investment is growing so fucking rapidly, and is becoming a not so small investment.
However, I love everything about bitcoin and am also afraid to sell  Grin

+1,this is starting to get somewhat serious for me.  I can't even imagine how the real early adopters feel (one might argue that everybody buying now is still an early adopter).

Other than those real stake-holders, core developers, evangelicals, most of them sold a while ago, and that's exactly why this crazy-ass growth is possible.
Activity: 140
1221iZanNi5igK7oAA7AWmYjpsyjsRbLLZ
April 03, 2013, 03:18:28 AM
+1 what hyphymikey said

Activity: 252
April 03, 2013, 03:17:57 AM
Yes fair value at the current market activity is considered to be about 390 $ per BC
copper member
April 03, 2013, 03:10:33 AM
Do you think the early investors of microsoft or other huge .coms felt the same way?

the problem is that they didn't experience this amount of growth in such a short term!
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
April 03, 2013, 03:17:39 AM
I've already made my call $250/BTC by April 30, 2013.

Might be conservative.

Probably
Activity: 784
April 03, 2013, 03:16:59 AM
I had to buy casascius savings bars to keep me from selling my bitcoins once I made my first 500% on them, I was in awe.  Now, for me, the longer I hold them the stronger my hands get. Watching it grow and seeing the rapid spread of its actual use, I think bitcoin is still undervalued.

Edit: 215 by the end of the month. 200 should show a little resistance I would hope.
copper member
April 03, 2013, 03:09:23 AM
Even for a bull like myself, who's in dreamland right now and seriously considering selling just because I don't really know how am I going to play out the transfer of my money back to my accounts, this is plain insanity.
I have never seen this kind of sustained growth in any financial tool... not in commodities ( I used to trade coffee and OJ), not in silver/dollar much less in stocks minus some penny stocks that shouldn't be counted (Hello Granny Mae!!!)
Although many people call this a bubble, while I call it a correction, there is no doubt that there's a lot of speculation and people buying coins to hoard them and to speculate the price will continue to rise. I just cannot believe how the price has gone from $101, (on April 2nd at 6:43:15 GMT) when I bought 0.5 using money from a relative and I only bought 0.5 because I was somewhat skeptical and I was waiting for a small dip to get in, to a whooping $136 in about 24hrs!!!
That is just plain ridiculous and sorry if I sound like a moronic bear but it's insane to think differently about it.
So, where do we go from here? when are we hitting $200?
I read other posts about hittin $1000 this year and I was skeptical about it, but who's to say it isn't possible?

Bitcoin isn't OJ or coffee- It's something you can't compare to almost anything. As far as investments it's maybe more like Apple stock ( look at the price in 1984 and today....)
I own apple stock (unfortunately) as I jumped in at $490 and although your analogy is true, look at the time lapse in apple stock prices..
we are making 10-20% profits every 24hrs!!! that's fucking crazy dude!
Pages:
Jump to: