Pages:
Author

Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 4.10.0: GBT+Stratum, RPC, Mac/Linux/Win64, Spondoolies SP30 - page 13. (Read 308489 times)

Activity: 527
Merit: 500
HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing
Luke, i recently tried upgrading from 4.2 to 4.8.  I have been using 4.2 fine with CGWatcher, but when i go to use 4.8 with CGWatcher, it closes in scrypt mode.  running the command without CGWatcher works fine.  what command can i run to create a log file to see why it closes?

im not sure exactly what is causing the program to close itself, because i have 4.8 running in sha256 mode fine, and the same command in 4.2 works for my scrypt miners

thanks!

I had this problem with 4.3 and up a while back. Give this a shot:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7607210
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Luke, i recently tried upgrading from 4.2 to 4.8.  I have been using 4.2 fine with CGWatcher, but when i go to use 4.8 with CGWatcher, it closes in scrypt mode.  running the command without CGWatcher works fine.  what command can i run to create a log file to see why it closes?

im not sure exactly what is causing the program to close itself, because i have 4.8 running in sha256 mode fine, and the same command in 4.2 works for my scrypt miners

thanks!
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
i have problem with 4.8: http://prntscr.com/4nnirs
that i don't have with 4.7: http://prntscr.com/4nnji9
.... for now, i returned to 4.7...
this is the code that i used:
Code:
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -S opencl:noauto -S zus:all -o stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3333 -u 1AsLCvR43Yeka6Z8y1kURPQenwdyi7tfBp.1 -p x --set zus:chips=6
with 1 gawminers fury

Well that's the same story that I get with 4.8.0 on raspberry pi linux compiled image. I am using one Hurricane X3 with new and one with old controller. #xnsub worked temporary ... The image is minepeon 0.2.4.6. I enabled -scrypt flag while compiling. Any ideas Luke?

The error in the screenshot indicates the pool is being deactivated due to failing the coinbase check. My suggestion would be to disable the coinbase check by using #skipcbcheck in the pool URI.
Activity: 270
Merit: 250
Code:
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -S opencl:noauto -S zus:all -o stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3333 -u 1AsLCvR43Yeka6Z8y1kURPQenwdyi7tfBp.1 -p x --set zus:chips=6
with 1 gawminers fury

Well that's the same story that I get with 4.8.0 on raspberry pi linux compiled image. I am using one Hurricane X3 with new and one with old controller. #xnsub worked temporary ... The image is minepeon 0.2.4.6. I enabled -scrypt flag while compiling. Any ideas Luke?
Activity: 247
Code:
with 1 gawminers fury
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
POLA breakage. New update also breaks things like MultiMiner as it can't deal with adding #flags to the stratum URI (nor does the coinbase checks actually turn off with "/#xnsub" appended).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_least_astonishment
The release notes do say "#skipcbcheck", not "#xnsub"...

The astonishment in this case is that you're being asked to work on invalid blocks...

This fixed the issue, thank you very much!
Activity: 419
But yeah will bfgminer freak out if i have 19 identical pool entries?
It shouldn't...

okay then i'll go that route for now to get my automatic lottery entries up and running.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
It shouldn't...
re: using a pool for solo mining... it just saves the hassle of setting up all that is required for solo mining on my end.
All you have to do is run a bitcoind. Not much of a hassle. :|

Also I posted this elsewhere, but I'm still trying to determine theorhetically if say 1/8 of my hash power for 24 hrs is better or worse than 8/8 of my hash power for 3 hrs, in terms of solo mining, everything else being held equal.
Theoretically, it's all the same... only difference is variance.

Side note: I've also been working on a miner-oriented Bitcoin Core based on 0.9.x that I hope to release after 0.9.3 is out. In the meantime, the current build is at http://luke.dashjr.org/programs/bitcoin/files/bitcoind/luke-jr/0.9.x/0.9.3rc2.ljr20140913/

I know but bitcoind will take more space than I'd like to devote to it on my proxy-dedicated old eeepc 701, although I do have an external HD sitting around... maybe down the line sometime.

legendary
re: using a pool for solo mining... it just saves the hassle of setting up all that is required for solo mining on my end.
All you have to do is run a bitcoind. Not much of a hassle. :|

Also I posted this elsewhere, but I'm still trying to determine theorhetically if say 1/8 of my hash power for 24 hrs is better or worse than 8/8 of my hash power for 3 hrs, in terms of solo mining, everything else being held equal.
Theoretically, it's all the same... only difference is variance.

Side note: I've also been working on a miner-oriented Bitcoin Core based on 0.9.x that I hope to release after 0.9.3 is out. In the meantime, the current build is at http://luke.dashjr.org/programs/bitcoin/files/bitcoind/luke-jr/0.9.x/0.9.3rc2.ljr20140913/
How long are you waiting to see the load balance results?

It wont mine to both pools at the same time, it will switch between the two for an equal amount in a 24 hour period.

So it will give 100% hashrate to pool A for up to 12 hours, then 100% to pool B for the other 12 hours.
It works pretty much immediately for most devices.
"2D work" devices (Stratum proxy and Avalon2/3) do not support load balancing at this time.

ah okay I thought it somehow divided up the work.

Also, yes this is with stratum proxy so I guess load-balancing is completely out the window then right?

I guess in lieu of that, is there a command line I can use with cron to switch pools at certain times of the day? I assume it would be some command line rpc interface... just not familiar enough with that or where to start.
There's essentially no way to do 2D work stuff with load balancing, as the devices create their own work.
Have you tried something like --rotate? You will probably need to ensure the pools change jobs at least as often as you switch between the pools...

Yeah what I was hoping to achieve was sending something like 95% of my work to my regular pool and 5% of my work to ck's solo mining "pool"... sort of playing the lottery with 5% of my hash power. I guess I could rotate at some interval with 20 pool entries, one of which was the solo pool and the other 19 are my regular pool? Is something like that even allowed, config wise? (i.e., can I have multiple pool entries with exactly the same url, user, password?)

Other than that, I was thinking a cron job to switch pools for 5% of the day would work.

This all hinges on the idea that sending work to a solo mining effort for a short period of time even makes sense.
Everything there makes sense, except using a centralised pool for solo mining.

I haven't thought it through yet, but maybe I could have quotas act as multipliers in rotate mode... so quota 2 with rotate of 5 minutes results in a 10 minute rotation time for that pool. Thoughts?

That'd make sense. If you commit some changes towards that sort of setup, I can pull some code from git, compile, and test.

re: using a pool for solo mining... it just saves the hassle of setting up all that is required for solo mining on my end. Also, it's probably hosted on a faster connection etc etc etc.

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
legendary

It wont mine to both pools at the same time, it will switch between the two for an equal amount in a 24 hour period.

So it will give 100% hashrate to pool A for up to 12 hours, then 100% to pool B for the other 12 hours.
"2D work" devices (Stratum proxy and Avalon2/3) do not support load balancing at this time.

Also, yes this is with stratum proxy so I guess load-balancing is completely out the window then right?

I guess in lieu of that, is there a command line I can use with cron to switch pools at certain times of the day? I assume it would be some command line rpc interface... just not familiar enough with that or where to start.
There's essentially no way to do 2D work stuff with load balancing, as the devices create their own work.
Have you tried something like --rotate? You will probably need to ensure the pools change jobs at least as often as you switch between the pools...

Yeah what I was hoping to achieve was sending something like 95% of my work to my regular pool and 5% of my work to ck's solo mining "pool"... sort of playing the lottery with 5% of my hash power. I guess I could rotate at some interval with 20 pool entries, one of which was the solo pool and the other 19 are my regular pool? Is something like that even allowed, config wise? (i.e., can I have multiple pool entries with exactly the same url, user, password?)

Other than that, I was thinking a cron job to switch pools for 5% of the day would work.

This all hinges on the idea that sending work to a solo mining effort for a short period of time even makes sense.
Everything there makes sense, except using a centralised pool for solo mining.

I haven't thought it through yet, but maybe I could have quotas act as multipliers in rotate mode... so quota 2 with rotate of 5 minutes results in a 10 minute rotation time for that pool. Thoughts?

legendary

Activity: 152
Merit: 100
well that shuts me down then lol

I could only report from what occurs for me with my little Antminer U1  Grin
legendary

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

Need some help with load-balace setup.

I have 4 pools in my config file. I have 2 of them set to quota of zero and the other two are each set at quota of 50.

All 4 pools are enabled.

My management strategy is set to load-balance.

Expected result: each of the two "quota-50" pools gets half my hashrate unless both are dead in which case we fall back into priortiy mode with failover

Actual result: whatever pool has a higher priority set gets all the hashrate

NOTE: I simplified to a 2 pool setup each with a quota of 50  and I get the same actual result.

Am I thinking about this wrong? Is there a setting I missed? or is load-balance broken?

EDIT: A little more details here... I'm seeing work slowly get queued for whatever pool is lower priority, but no shares are ever submitted. Not sure if that's useful information.
Pages:
Jump to: