Pages:
Author

Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 4.10.0: GBT+Stratum, RPC, Mac/Linux/Win64, Spondoolies SP30 - page 16. (Read 308489 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Luke, does BFG Miner support/work with the NEW R-Box 100GH/s ?
I think not yet, but uncertain. Try it and let me know?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Luke, does BFG Miner support/work with the NEW R-Box 100GH/s ?
legendary
how to mine (with gpu) x11 algo?
i tried:
bfgminer.exe --X11 -S opencl:all -S zus:noauto -o stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3336 -u 1AsLCvR43Yeka6Z8y1kURPQenwdyi7tfBp.1 -p x
but not working..... (when i open it, it's close itself)
maybe it isn't X11 the command?
BFGMiner won't have Crypto11 ("X11") support until someone steps forward to add it.
Activity: 247
Merit: 250
how to mine (with gpu) x11 algo?
i tried:
bfgminer.exe --X11 -S opencl:all -S zus:noauto -o stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3336 -u 1AsLCvR43Yeka6Z8y1kURPQenwdyi7tfBp.1 -p x
but not working..... (when i open it, it's close itself)
maybe it isn't X11 the command?
Activity: 227
Merit: 100
EDIT: Regarding Linux distribution, we always use the latest. Never had problems. Are you using a normal computer or some RaspPi or Beaglebone for the Linux Setup?

Tried it on both a regular laptop and a RPi. I suspect the RPi is out of date with the drivers, but the laptop I had fully updated with ubuntu and all of the bfgminer dependencies, so I am not really sure what's up with it.

Dear Morblias,

I just asked people in the lab to create a fresh install of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and clone the latest Bfgminer, just to be sure everything is work. The test passed successfully.
For your information, the computer in test was 64bit.

Thanks,
Nasser
Activity: 419
Merit: 250
Downloaded and compiled from github this morning on ubuntu 14.04.1 32-bit. Using solely as a proxy for my ASICMiner tubes. When I try to connect, Berliner shows 100% HW errors and no work is ever done for the pool. Miner interface shows 100% rejected.

I looked on github for a related issue but nothing jumped out at me. Is it possible I screwed something up with dependencies? Any known issues that just aren't on github? Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: just realized I pulled from master. When I get home later I'll try the 4.7.0 release and see if it works.
Activity: 576
Merit: 500
EDIT: Regarding Linux distribution, we always use the latest. Never had problems. Are you using a normal computer or some RaspPi or Beaglebone for the Linux Setup?

Tried it on both a regular laptop and a RPi. I suspect the RPi is out of date with the drivers, but the laptop I had fully updated with ubuntu and all of the bfgminer dependencies, so I am not really sure what's up with it.
The images you show are actually hashing at 680GH not 620GH (For some reason, the Job-Rate is shown less than Nonce-Rate in Bfgminer, you might want to confirm this with your pool).

Yeah you are correct, the pool is showing 680gh/s.

This is the custom-build of bfgminer version 4.2.0 (For Windows).
Please try and let us know if it works and everything is OK.

http://www.butterflylabs.com/upload/drivers/software/Bfgminer-CustomBuilt-23June2014.zip

Regards,
Nasser

Works great on my Windows 7 machine. Just curious, which distribution of linux are you using? I was trying it on Ubuntu 14.04.1 when I was having those issues. Could it possibly be a driver issue causing it not to work on mine?

I suspect it should be a driver issue, because the firmware and the card is the same, and bfg is bfg, but windows has some problems and linux doesn't have any. It must be OS related. I don't think we'll use FTDI For our next generation products.

Thanks,
Nasser
Activity: 672

Hi,luke could you help me? I got that strange error only when i mined nicehash Embarrassed , full of hw and no accept.
Looks like your miners aren't SHA256d...
its definitely sha256 and i used to mine BTC in Ghash.io with no problem

sometimes it shows {"id": X, "result": true, "error": null}\n  Undecided
Oh, is this the Tube? It's known to not work with anything but Ghash.io - seems to be a serious Tube bug.
bingo , damn tube Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003
Well, That's Crypto :-\
I posted the following on the minera thread but could not get an answer. I'm coming right to the source now, hopefully you can help

Great solution for those of us using the essentially unsupported ZenController. Thanks to dev!
I would suggest better documentation and user settings for different devices in the OP. That would be huge!

Question for those more familiar with Minera:

I am up and running using bfg w/ default settings with Black Widow(14.2 mh/s w/ 5% error/reject) for 24hrs. My question involves the UI reporting my miner incorrectly. The pool hash is correct but the miner details and device tree show the Black Widow hashing @ 1gh/s. Impossible, too bad really Sad
Is there a setting or something to correct the UI reporting? Once the hash reporting is corrected can I rename devices? I ask this because I will be spinning up 4 Furys(still on zen) on a seperate Rpi and would like to name them correctly.

Another question: I have 4 furys into a hub then into Rpi...will this be an issue?

Is it possible to mix black widows @ furys on the same Rpi and it work with Minera?

Thanks to everyone for their help.
The images you show are actually hashing at 680GH not 620GH (For some reason, the Job-Rate is shown less than Nonce-Rate in Bfgminer, you might want to confirm this with your pool).

Yeah you are correct, the pool is showing 680gh/s.

http://www.butterflylabs.com/upload/drivers/software/Bfgminer-CustomBuilt-23June2014.zip

Regards,
Nasser

Works great on my Windows 7 machine. Just curious, which distribution of linux are you using? I was trying it on Ubuntu 14.04.1 when I was having those issues. Could it possibly be a driver issue causing it not to work on mine?
legendary

Hi,luke could you help me? I got that strange error only when i mined nicehash Embarrassed , full of hw and no accept.

Oh, is this the Tube? It's known to not work with anything but Ghash.io - seems to be a serious Tube bug.

Regards,
Nasser

and this is the error when i use the proxy-stratum
We have never faced this in the many boards we tested in lab. I would suspect a weak solder joint somewhere, or some issue with this board which went undetected.

@Morblias: You could send this board for replacement. Please let me know if you do so and when so I can accelerate the process and also see what's wrong with this board.
However, if you have the possibility of testing this card on another computer, it would be very helpful, as the issue may come from the actual computer / driver that you're using.

Thanks,
Nasser

I tried it on my RPi (with minepeon) and ubuntu 14. Both came up with those same errors. Then I tried it on a windows 7 64 bit machine, and this happens, except it continues to hash after the errors. On the linux ones it would just stop hashing completely, but the windows one continues around 620gh/s. I found another USB cable and tried that also with no luck. Still happens on all of the computers. 620gh/s isn't too bad though, so I might just leave it on the windows machine.

Also when a unit mines and then stops, it still has job-results in it's internal buffer. Upon restart, bfgminer will see those results but won't recognize them (as it doesn't know source of those jobs),
hence you get a "Was not able to find work for result". It's basically information, and should not be considered a failure.

I have already talked to Luke, and we have discussed a recovery mechanism that can be implemented on the Host-side if a USB packet gets corrupted (for Windows). On our own, we don't see these issues in our lab, especially
on Linux (On windows you do get an error every once in a while, but never affects speed or cause failure).

EDIT: I will be shortly publishing a special built of Bfgminer (version 4.2) which was custom-built and doesn't have slowdown/failure issues on windows.

Please let me know if you had any questions.

Thanks,
Nasser

legendary

We have never faced this in the many boards we tested in lab. I would suspect a weak solder joint somewhere, or some issue with this board which went undetected.

@Morblias: You could send this board for replacement. Please let me know if you do so and when so I can accelerate the process and also see what's wrong with this board.
However, if you have the possibility of testing this card on another computer, it would be very helpful, as the issue may come from the actual computer / driver that you're using.

Thanks,
Nasser

I tried it on my RPi (with minepeon) and ubuntu 14. Both came up with those same errors. Then I tried it on a windows 7 64 bit machine, and this happens, except it continues to hash after the errors. On the linux ones it would just stop hashing completely, but the windows one continues around 620gh/s. I found another USB cable and tried that also with no luck. Still happens on all of the computers. 620gh/s isn't too bad though, so I might just leave it on the windows machine.

Thanks,
Nasser
Pages:
Jump to: