Pages:
Author

Topic: Old coins vs new coins - page 3. (Read 27398 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 100
March 01, 2019, 03:54:50 AM
Of course it is clear that the old coins have already strengthened in the market. But it happens that the new coins have a very promising product, which gives a huge advantage over the old coins.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
March 01, 2019, 03:37:58 AM
old coins: coins that went through the bull run
new coins: are ICO tokens from projects during the bear market,mostly not listed on exchanges.

It is obvious that all the aspect of the space had struggled due the giant force of bitcoin. Over the past year the average dump in price of most of the old token/altcoin from the last bull run is close to 90% while the new coin are holding to their price. Most ICOs in the later part of 2018 decided to postpone the listing which their decision could be justified or condemned as the market revives.
With the approaching news of bull run and present the value of altcoins,
1.  can the altcoins ever hit the ATH price even at $20000 bitcoin?
2. Can the new coin from ICO be an alternative even with so much old coin held in some portfolios?  
3. will you choose to hold on to old coins or sell to invest into new ICOs?

I am sure that the old coins will bring me profit, but only if I am smart and patient enough not to exchange them for new coins or ICO, especially when the market is not as strong as it could be
Activity: 826
Merit: 258
February 28, 2019, 10:51:09 PM
Choosing an old coins over the new one could give us benefit and perhaps a little guaranty that the coins will keep having value even if it for a long time, but with the new coins, we can't have that dependable guaranty, because the coin still not being known by many people.
Activity: 448
Merit: 12
February 28, 2019, 10:50:30 PM
Very few new altcoins have got their bearing and have clear focus of where they are heading to.
Although, I believe in a coin having a true product before lunching non exchange, but so many projects bringing in new altcoins into the system having been using that as an excuse to cause more delays.
Activity: 1458
Merit: 509
February 28, 2019, 10:33:02 PM
I prefer to invest in old coins, because for me the benefits I get from investing in old coins are also very profitable, because old coins also have a good future.
when you buy the old coin, its profit will be more stable than when buying new coins, especially the risk will be greatly reduced. I bought new coins and their prices dropped a lot and that's my lesson
Well it is that thing that old is gold. It has been long since Bitcoin specially is around and we know that people have made millions out of it in the last ten years. This project has been accepted in many countries and is a medium of exchange so I think yeah it is good to think so. The only threat a new coin can pose is the risk and impotence. If it is not worth investing in such new coins, better stay out.
And shy file coin can't even exist in this competition and is there something wrong with it? we know that filecoin was the first altcoin that created after bitcoin but that can't even compete with another coin or token. If you are talking about bitcoin will be worthless in this area.
Activity: 588
Merit: 10
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
February 28, 2019, 10:17:16 PM
Between the old coin and the new coin in terms of quality, of course, there is more potential for old coins, because the old coin must have many supporters, while the new coin, only a few know it but if there is certainly good potential this coin will be a lot of supporters and will be able to develop well
Activity: 2128
Merit: 506
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
February 28, 2019, 08:37:48 PM
I'll choose to hold old coins but if there are good new coins, why not?
Alternative coins will also reach ATH if bitcoin does.
They go with what the master is going.
Activity: 147
Merit: 4
February 28, 2019, 08:28:35 PM
Old coins are the foundations, weve seen the ones that will survive for a long time to come like Ripple, LTC, l would say coins like eth are in the middle in terms of age. but then we come to new coins and tokens like Tron which is doing quite well and has a price chart not resembling BTC, and upcoming tokens like XAUp which i find really interesting, haven't seen many legit real value backed coins/tokens.
Activity: 238
Merit: 2
February 28, 2019, 07:43:37 PM
old coins: coins that went through the bull run
new coins: are ICO tokens from projects during the bear market,mostly not listed on exchanges.

It is obvious that all the aspect of the space had struggled due the giant force of bitcoin. Over the past year the average dump in price of most of the old token/altcoin from the last bull run is close to 90% while the new coin are holding to their price. Most ICOs in the later part of 2018 decided to postpone the listing which their decision could be justified or condemned as the market revives.
With the approaching news of bull run and present the value of altcoins,
1.  can the altcoins ever hit the ATH price even at $20000 bitcoin?
2. Can the new coin from ICO be an alternative even with so much old coin held in some portfolios?  
3. will you choose to hold on to old coins or sell to invest into new ICOs?

Before I sell my old coins to purchase the new ones, I must be totally convinced that the new coin project is good. It will be too risky throwing away your valuable coins for a new one that may just pump and dump completely and the owners abandon it. This is most common with the new coins now.
Activity: 420
Merit: 3
February 28, 2019, 07:39:45 PM
Most new coins have truly disappointed a lot of people and this happened mainly during the bear market, which we will certain overcome.
Whoever want to make huge profit, most times tend to get it from good new coins.
Although, this has to be done with careful research.
Activity: 1960
Merit: 273
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 28, 2019, 03:58:14 PM
I am more happy old coin than a new coin , because surely the old coin has run some roadmap , big market and has a high volume, while in reality, a new coin when listing first in market,  price goes down and hard to up
Activity: 574
Merit: 101
February 28, 2019, 03:49:03 PM
I think there is nothing wrong with old coins, it is just the sentiment towards the 2017-2018 ICO craze now is too negative and everybody is expecting STO tokens and what they will bring on the table. This is probably the time to try to find some goldies in the oldies.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1295
February 28, 2019, 03:27:56 PM
I am now trying to get rid of many old coins that could not be realized. You shouldn’t be upset about this and consider your losses; it’s better now to sell coins that are standing still and to buy several promising coins that will soon move upwards.
Activity: 2786
Merit: 606
February 28, 2019, 03:25:43 PM
I prefer to invest in old coins, because for me the benefits I get from investing in old coins are also very profitable, because old coins also have a good future.
when you buy the old coin, its profit will be more stable than when buying new coins, especially the risk will be greatly reduced. I bought new coins and their prices dropped a lot and that's my lesson
Well it is that thing that old is gold. It has been long since Bitcoin specially is around and we know that people have made millions out of it in the last ten years. This project has been accepted in many countries and is a medium of exchange so I think yeah it is good to think so. The only threat a new coin can pose is the risk and impotence. If it is not worth investing in such new coins, better stay out.
Activity: 378
Merit: 1
February 28, 2019, 07:34:32 AM
It seems to me that it is most reasonable to pay attention to new coins because they are much more promising and thanks to them you can earn more money

Actually i would love to pay more attention to the old coins which i know were successful than haven to choose those who during the bear dropped drastically. Old coins which are listed on exchanges and some that were listed on coinmarketcap still stand the chance of be successful than the new-coins.
With the prestige and foundation that has been built for a long time, the old coin is really an extremely good place for investment because the new coins have so many similarities with the old coin, the development and community are very weak while the old coins always have steady development from community to developers. That's enough for us to determine which object we should choose, I don't deny that the new coin still has some very good but the rate for us to choose correctly is very low, not safe
Activity: 336
Merit: 12
February 28, 2019, 06:32:09 AM
If altcoins can hit ATH of 20k then I wonder where bitcoin ATH will reach ,I know that in the last bullrun many altcoins brings more profits than bitcoin itself but the next bullrun might be different so my advice is don't rely on altcoins only ,it will be safer to keep altcoins and bitcoin too ,build your portfolio with both old and new coins and you will never regret it
Activity: 318
Merit: 1
February 28, 2019, 06:11:24 AM
New coins not profitable anymore and many of them is lack of investors but in old coins you can see they have the most crowd people and very attractive to invest.
Activity: 39
February 27, 2019, 07:19:33 PM
I think both new and old coins have their own advantages and disadvantages. In fact it doesn't matter actually. The success of a certain crypto does not actually depends on how it was in the market but rather it depends on whether its useful or not.
In my opinion it also has an effect, because if we buy also choose coins that have potential and most of the potential and those of good quality are old coins because many people have been proven to produce old coins.
indeed old coins aren't all good, and we have to choose which one is good.
New coins are also like that, but most new coins have a big risk.

Some potential coins has been on the downside due to market situation not only wether its new or old but the thing we need to do is to find those potential new coins and possibly earn with it if the market hit the bull again. And we must also know that their are old coins who became scam or been failed on the long run so choose wisely according to our decision together with critical researching on vital information.
Activity: 518
Merit: 11
February 27, 2019, 07:15:43 PM
I think both new and old coins have their own advantages and disadvantages. In fact it doesn't matter actually. The success of a certain crypto does not actually depends on how it was in the market but rather it depends on whether its useful or not.
In my opinion it also has an effect, because if we buy also choose coins that have potential and most of the potential and those of good quality are old coins because many people have been proven to produce old coins.
indeed old coins aren't all good, and we have to choose which one is good.
New coins are also like that, but most new coins have a big risk.
Activity: 196
February 27, 2019, 05:41:40 PM
It is difficult to say which coins will be better, but I know that Bitcoin and Ethereum will always be my choice.
Now there are many new projects where coins have prospects for the future.
I still believe in old coins, but do not rule out the evolution of the cryptocurrency market.
Pages:
Jump to: