Pages:
Author

Topic: [Open Source Hardware Project] Hive & Wasp Prototype Development - page 2. (Read 16180 times)

Activity: 114
Merit: 10
No more Crypto in this world
Sorry we are closed to new membership currently. We will reopen it when our website goes up.

You can follow the threads or go to our IRC chat channel to talk about the project.

Official IRC Channel
Non-Members and Members

The IRC Channel is located on the freenode IRC network.

#TheWaspProjectCollective

I will still be updating you guys here on bitcointalk and will still be answering your questions and PM's. If you
are interested in being a Manufacturer or resell of Wasps and hives e-mail me and I will get back to you once we have an agreement ready.
we will be offering our Firmware licences to everyone from the DIYer to the big boys. Our Hardware will be open source as soon as it is finalized. Thanks for all your support.        
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
The Zoho Project area is now closed to unpaid members. We will open up membership payments in the coming weeks.

Thank-you for all the interest we will continue to update here and we should have a website, mining pool and working Wasp prototype ready before Christmas.
I just want dibs on the finished ready-to-mine product, if the price looks better than anything else out there.

Fabricators might be the people to ask for dibs.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
I just want dibs on the finished ready-to-mine product, if the price looks better than anything else out there.
I saw a mention of BA and I hope that's not alluding to using BlackArrow for ANYTHING to do with this project.  If you want to know why I'm sure bobsag has some stories to share.

Also, what exactly does this $100 membership get you?  Any why doesn't your website you advertised work?

Free lurking till Dec 15th. Get in and check out what $100 gets you there.

As for the BA fabrication. We have prototypes being done close the EE's not in China. And full production of units would be something that DIY builders or others could take on themselves. This is an open source hardware project so anyone can build but we retain some IP aspects so that licenses will be required to get FULL hash out of our units. You can learn how we handle that in our files on the project page. Feel free to review them when you are lurking. Access an email address away. Just PM gamers gamersglory to get Project access.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
I saw a mention of BA and I hope that's not alluding to using BlackArrow for ANYTHING to do with this project.  If you want to know why I'm sure bobsag has some stories to share.

Also, what exactly does this $100 membership get you?  Any why doesn't your website you advertised work?
Activity: 434
Merit: 265
I'm still thinking.. always thinking.. Can I join even after the 15th? That's a Sunday.

There will be possibilities to join the group after the 15th december ... for sure.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
I'm still thinking.. always thinking.. Can I join even after the 15th? That's a Sunday.
Update: I will be the new point of contact for people to join The Wasp Collective now as Darin is moveing on to other things in the project   
What Logo do you like so far in the contest?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-wasp-logo-design-contest-now-over-winner-announcement-soon-364115

There are some pretty good designs already.
Should let you know that those Minion specs are not final. Those are early ones. There has been some talk from black arrow that they or we may able to tweak it a little more. or that the chips  may end up being faster then they calculated. Can't fully confirm that yet though.  Grin    
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
I'll throw some money at the Minion device.
legendary
Activity: 910
Which type of wasps would you go for to fill your hive? Yes you can mix and match.

Hive with 8 x 24 Avalon A3255 55nm chips per Wasp would mine at over 230 Gh/s.

Hive with 8 x 24 BitFury 55nm chips  per Wasp would mine at over 440 Gh/s.

Hive with 8 x 6 A1 28nm chips per Wasp would mine at over 1.68 Th/s.

Hive with 8 x 2 Minion 28nm chips per Wasp would mine at over 1.8 Th/s.

Minion chips for sure.
Activity: 700
Merit: 504
Run a Bitcoin node.
Following this project with great interest. Modular, open source hardware is exactly what we need.

Now we need an open source ASIC...
We hope we can do something different. But the chips are the BOTTOMLINE on anything. So there could be some great buys coming in February on chips hard to say.

One thing you can do is compare the BOM and gerbers and get a real costing on what these should cost. It will be open source hardware afterall. Also you can just buy the wasp individually do not need to go for a WHOLE HIVE right off the bat.

But Gamers can help you guys out... got run and clean up some of the messes I made on the Zoho Pages.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
C) Out of the price range of most folks..........................  Roll Eyes

Another high price miner,I can read between the lines........................

Best of luck though....we need more competition  Wink

Where is the price?

Likely these will be LOWER than anything else and if you DIY you won't get anything lower than these units.

Unfortunately I do not see anyone concerned with price in the market right now. The Neptunes sold out in minutes right?

I think that you might be right that prices are too high but people are buying them even at that price.

With units running 230GH-1.8TH,the price will be out there,unless you guys are different,gotta wait & see  Wink

Yeah,greed does that to folks  Cheesy

Just tired of the $4000 units everywhere.Hoping someone can get something in the $1000 area (with more than 20-30GH) so I can get on the miner wagon.

As of now BA looks about the only one that's priced decent.........but of course who knows if they'll deliver.........  Roll Eyes

BTW,not trying to start anything,just sayin whats on my mind  Wink  & dreaming of units priced decently,not by how much BTC they'll make before they die in a puff of magic smoke  Cheesy
Hello world I'm Paul and I will be handling Wasp Project updates as Darin has his hands full and then some   Grin With other things in the coop. I am hoping to have the first benchshots of a working wasp very soon and will love to share them with you as soon as I get them. If you have questions you can Pm me or post them here in the thread. We are also always looking for new members if you want to join PM me or Darin. I think he still lurks in the shadows around here. EE's and Firmware programmers are still in need. also our logo design contest will be coming soon.

Update: the contest is up: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-wasp-logo-design-contest-now-over-winner-announcement-soon-364115
C) Out of the price range of most folks..........................  Roll Eyes

Best of luck though....we need more competition  Wink

Where is the price? When these drop... what will BTC be in the dumper or in the clouds hard to say. Either way we can turn on any opportunity available as we are not restricted to a single chip.

Likely these will be LOWER than anything else and if you DIY you won't get anything lower than these units and you can control when they will arrive rather than waiting for another 2 weeks.

Unfortunately I do not see anyone concerned with price in the market right now. The Neptunes sold out in minutes right?

I think that you might be right that prices are too high but people are buying them even at ASICminer prices which these will not be at.

Also we are not likely going to do our own fabricated units for sale. We want to work with those who are interested in fabricating to the community and we will provide licenses with RMA support. At least that is our plan.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
C) Out of the price range of most folks..........................  Roll Eyes

Best of luck though....we need more competition  Wink
Have to agree on that.

The constriction we saw in BitFury was terrible on DIY people.

We are playing to the fact the marketplace for chips will continue to expand with at least some makers willing to "dump" chips in bulk. Also I see the 55nm drop in price to offload remaining stock as a great opportunity to get in with significant hash rate and then with our design slot in the newer chips never having to worry about PSUs, software etc. See Buzzdave's 5$ a chip in February remarks to see what where I am going with that train of thought.

But definitely we agree our community needs to do an OPEN SOURCE ASIC. We might be interested in working with others on that. Remember we will be able to add a new Wasp no matter what the chips so we are not hogtied too badly like those with a one chip solution.
Pages:
Jump to: