Pages:
Author

Topic: [OPEN Worldwide] Group Buy #6 @86/50 ASICMiner Erupter USB 2.04236 ea. @ 5 units - page 3. (Read 16701 times)

Activity: 242
Merit: 110
Ah can't believe I missed this! Anyone selling 5+ and can ship to UK PM me!
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
CanaryInTheMine

any project like usb with bfl labs chips will be great
any news about project?
working on it... check it out here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-bfl-4-ghs-chips-06-btc-per-chip-batch-29-236103
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
CanaryInTheMine

any project like usb with bfl labs chips will be great
any news about project?
legendary
Activity: 2912
These are probably the coolest miners ever made. Ps you should really be using the rosewill usb 2 10 port hubs which can power 8.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Count me in for the next group buy (#7)...looking to order 5 + hub.

thanks!
legendary
Activity: 14
Add one more for me, and a usb bar   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 14
Got a message from friedcat that miners have been sent.  quote: "Hi. They are sent. Tracking number will be generated tomorrow most likely."

Canary, you rock! Thanks so much for putting these group buys together.
Looking forward to getting mine (getting mining)!

Activity: 347
Merit: 100
Hoping to be in for 2 this round ... and also hoping price goes down.

M
if price goes down, i'll pass that on, but so far I doubt it...

Buy #6 is over and I missed getting in by a few hours. Will there be a #7? Thanks.
Activity: 41
Got a message from friedcat that miners have been sent.  quote: "Hi. They are sent. Tracking number will be generated tomorrow most likely."

Great! I was quite pleased with how quickly I got my last one, thanks again. You're invaluable, Canary!
Activity: 55
donator
What is the timing we are looking at, are they being air freighted to you?
yes. usually about 2 days, but I won't know for sure till I have the tracking number and it tells me what is the delivery date.  so far they have arrived within 2 days of friedcat shipping.  i turn around on same day if received in the AM, but definitely withing 24 hours.
Activity: 55
What is the timing we are looking at, are they being air freighted to you?
donator
Got a message from friedcat that miners have been sent.  quote: "Hi. They are sent. Tracking number will be generated tomorrow most likely."
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself
Increasing the suggested difficulty of the stratum miner in cgminer, causes many more hardware errors.

When difficulty is set to 1 on slush's pool, I experience well below 0.5% hw errors.

When difficulty is set to 8 on slush's pool, I experience around 25% hw errors.

The math doesn't seem right for it being 8 times more difficult.

I'm going to experiment with the difficulties, but it seems that 1 works really well, testing out 3 now.

Update: It appears that every increase in difficulty via stratum doubles hw errors. Meh, just leaving it on 1 and calling it a night.

Are you calculating HW errors against U: or WU:?  I would expect the same HW: error rate against the WU: regardless of difficulty.  Is that the case?

When using higher than Diff1 your hardware errors aren't increasing there are fewer shares being submitted, but they are worth more.  So I would suspect if you convert your A: to Diff1 shares your error rate would be about the same.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Looks like 6 is done... I'd like to get in on buy #7...
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Increasing the suggested difficulty of the stratum miner in cgminer, causes many more hardware errors.

When difficulty is set to 1 on slush's pool, I experience well below 0.5% hw errors.

I'm going to experiment with the difficulties, but it seems that 1 works really well, testing out 3 now.

Update: It appears that every increase in difficulty via stratum doubles hw errors. Meh, just leaving it on 1 and calling it a night.

You've probably misunderstood the idea of the difficulty. To put it in a simplified way - the goal is to reduce the number of requests to the server. So the difficulty is pretty much how many "work" items you want to get at a time - e.g. that's your local buffer. The second part of the equation is that you have a time limit to solve everything in your buffer. (Think of it this way - your work has a timestamp and needs to be sent back before that timestamp becomes obsolete)
If you mine fast - everything is good and by the timeout you send the completed work back.
If however you're slow miner - by the time you send the work back it's already obsolete and the server will discard it.

The message that it is a hardware error is probably incorrect and confusing.

I see what you are saying, however it throws an actual hardware error more often.

The mining just seems more stable with no added difficulty to help the servers.
vs3
Activity: 622
Merit: 500

You've probably misunderstood the idea of the difficulty. To put it in a simplified way - the goal is to reduce the number of requests to the server. So the difficulty is pretty much how many "work" items you want to get at a time - e.g. that's your local buffer. The second part of the equation is that you have a time limit to solve everything in your buffer. (Think of it this way - your work has a timestamp and needs to be sent back before that timestamp becomes obsolete)
If you mine fast - everything is good and by the timeout you send the completed work back.
If however you're slow miner - by the time you send the work back it's already obsolete and the server will discard it.

The message that it is a hardware error is probably incorrect and confusing.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Pages:
Jump to: