Pages:
Author

Topic: [OPEN Worldwide] Group Buy #6 @86/50 ASICMiner Erupter USB 2.04236 ea. @ 5 units - page 4. (Read 16701 times)

legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
Will this be on for a few more days?

Stick around. If a few more people drop by Canary may start up Buy #7 sooner than later.
Activity: 447
Merit: 250

closed already, he sent payment. sure there will be another buy though?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
this is with USB 3.0?

It turns out they are all in USB 2.0 ports, with 3.0 hubs.

I could not get them to work right in 3.0 ports, I'm not really inclined to mess with things, as they are now running perfect.

(- the one little sad panda that returned to it's home.. heh)

I can if people REALLY want
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
I don't want to speak too soon, but after reading a bunch of posts, here's what I did to finally get cgminer working.

Created the file:
Worker.bat
C:\Users\Curtis\Desktop\Mining\cgminer-3.2.2-windows\cgminer-nogpu.exe -o [poolurl] -u [user.worker] -p [password]
pause

Created a shortcut to the bat on my desktop

First, I turned off all the usb hubs but one.

Then I used Zadig to install WinUSB drivers for one of the devices, which copies it to all active devices.

After doing this you have to turn the hub OFF and BACK ON.

Then I started CGMiner, and it would find 8/9 devices.

I would then launch Zadig again, find the missing device driver, and replace it with WinUSB driver AGAIN.

You must turn off the USB hub, AGAIN, turn it back on with CGMiner still running. It will probably crash.

Then I run CGMiner again and it works.

Turn off the hub that is working, repeat all the above steps with each following hub.

I noe have 1093 Accepted shares with 7 HW errors.

Also note, when starting up, it would throw many HW errors if you close and reboot CGMINER quickly, probably due to them not shutting off properly. However, this seemed necessary to get them up and running.

These are the exact steps I followed, I hope this helps someone.
this is with USB 3.0?
I don't want to speak too soon, but after reading a bunch of posts, here's what I did to finally get cgminer working.

Created the file:
Worker.bat
C:\Users\Curtis\Desktop\Mining\cgminer-3.2.2-windows\cgminer-nogpu.exe -o [poolurl] -u [user.worker] -p [password]
pause

Created a shortcut to the bat on my desktop

First, I turned off all the usb hubs but one.

Then I used Zadig to install WinUSB drivers for one of the devices, which copies it to all active devices.

After doing this you have to turn the hub OFF and BACK ON.

Then I started CGMiner, and it would find 8/9 devices.

I would then launch Zadig again, find the missing device driver, and replace it with WinUSB driver AGAIN.

You must turn off the USB hub, AGAIN, turn it back on with CGMiner still running. It will probably crash.

Then I run CGMiner again and it works.

Turn off the hub that is working, repeat all the above steps with each following hub.

I noe have 1093 Accepted shares with 7 HW errors.

Also note, when starting up, it would throw many HW errors if you close and reboot CGMINER quickly, probably due to them not shutting off properly. However, this seemed necessary to get them up and running.

These are the exact steps I followed, I hope this helps someone.
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself
Hi guys,

doesn't the last version of cgminer work with these things?

What about the pool? Is any of them still good ?

CGMiner 3.2.1 has been working great for me.

Any Bitcoin pool that works with GPU's will work with these.

What's your setup and did you compile it yourself?

Also what is your error rate?

I feel like I may need to format my PC and restart.

No I didn't compile it myself, I downloaded the Windoze binary.  I'm running Win7 32 Bit.  I installed the WinUSB driver with the Zadig utility and then plugged in a block erupter and it assigned it to WinUSB.

My HW: error rate is around 1%.

Don't know about formatting and restarting?

The setup was very easy.  I'm using USB 2.0 Ports directly to my PC.  I have four devices connected at the moment and am running two instances of CGMiner with 2 devices going to each pool.

I didn't have the forethought to order my USB Hubs and fans ahead of time.  Hopefully I will get them tomorrow and connect my other two devices.  I ordered two 7 port Rosehill USB Hubs which have 5 powered ports and are USB 2.0.  Hopefully they will work without issue for my 6 devices.  I'll post my results when I get it all setup.
Sam
donator
Have you tried 1 unit direct to mb usb 2?

not with 3.2.2. I connected one directly to a USB2 port on 3.2.1 (Ubuntu 12.04) and was still getting those "unit idle" errors.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Have you tried 1 unit direct to mb usb 2?
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
ckolivas said some work was done to help support USB3 in 3.2.2, but it appears not to have fixed it (or at least not fixed my issues)

I wonder if drivers or leftovers from the older version miner could be causing problems.
ckolivas said some work was done to help support USB3 in 3.2.2, but it appears not to have fixed it (or at least not fixed my issues)
donator
Cgminer is great on windows. I assume you are using linux?
Did you replace the drivers?

I can't get the cgminer3.2 series to work in linux with my Block Erupters at all. They disconnect constantly (I get idle for 60s warning) and lots of HW errors. It may be due to USB3 hub, but I don't have enough USB ports to plug them all in directly.

cgminer3.1 works OK, though not perfectly. I get higher rejects than I do with 3.2 for whatever reason, but I'll deal with it for now. I have mine running p2pool:

ICA 0:                | 333.3M/334.2Mh/s | A:6456 R:477 HW:70 U:4.35/m
afaik, ver 3.2 does not support usb 3.0

I can't get the cgminer3.2 series to work in linux with my Block Erupters at all. They disconnect constantly (I get idle for 60s warning) and lots of HW errors. It may be due to USB3 hub, but I don't have enough USB ports to plug them all in directly.

cgminer3.1 works OK, though not perfectly. I get higher rejects than I do with 3.2 for whatever reason, but I'll deal with it for now. I have mine running p2pool:

ICA 0:                | 333.3M/334.2Mh/s | A:6456 R:477 HW:70 U:4.35/m
legendary
Hi guys,

What's your setup and did you compile it yourself?

Also what is your error rate?

I feel like I may need to format my PC and restart.
legendary
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Looks like I missed out.  Will there be #7 in a week or so? Cheesy
legendary
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself
Hi guys,

Pages:
Jump to: