Pages:
Author

Topic: OpenBazaar - decentralized eBay - page 14. (Read 41580 times)

legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
June 25, 2015, 09:09:22 AM
well ebay will loose market interest too fast after openbazaar goes live and first transactions happens without problems... its happening bitcoin will take down a huge wall and 15% fee is really a lot money

It will probably be a long battle.  Ebay and other sites uses google to advertise.  OB will have to become the #1 known market place so people dont even bother with google ads.  

I think it'll become a healthy niche. It would need a gargantuan push and some fancy new layers on top to reach a point where it started to eat in to Ebay.

That said, I'm sure there are plenty of buyers and sellers who are growing increasingly sick of being ravaged by fees, shitty products and charge backs. They have an actual incentive to find better alternatives. Most of them would need plenty of hand holding though.

Every Ebay alternative so far has been pitifully empty but they were just clones that didn't really bring anything new. This does. Whether the masses choose to recognise that is a different matter.

If bitcoin can be super easy to get by any idiot - so like if bitcoin was in a paypal wallet for fiat to bitcoin conversion for example.  Then ebay sellers can put a link to their open bazaar store with every sale in the post.

OB could become like the internet for trading.... currently if you want information you go to the internet.  If you want products bought or sold you just go to OB.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
June 25, 2015, 03:14:56 AM
well ebay will loose market interest too fast after openbazaar goes live and first transactions happens without problems... its happening bitcoin will take down a huge wall and 15% fee is really a lot money

It will probably be a long battle.  Ebay and other sites uses google to advertise.  OB will have to become the #1 known market place so people dont even bother with google ads.  

it's all about security really, if customers that are approaching open bazard, will find it more secure and convenient, they will switch, but it is not easy to beat amazon or ebay at this point, they are far too strong

there is the possibility that open bazar will remain active for a niche market and nothing more
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
June 24, 2015, 04:45:34 PM

I think it'll become a healthy niche. It would need a gargantuan push and some fancy new layers on top to reach a point where it started to eat in to Ebay.

That said, I'm sure there are plenty of buyers and sellers who are growing increasingly sick of being ravaged by fees, shitty products and charge backs. They have an actual incentive to find better alternatives. Most of them would need plenty of hand holding though.

Every Ebay alternative so far has been pitifully empty but they were just clones that didn't really bring anything new. This does. Whether the masses choose to recognise that is a different matter.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072
June 24, 2015, 04:31:03 PM
It will probably be a long battle.  Ebay and other sites uses google to advertise.  OB will have to become the #1 known market place so people dont even bother with google ads. 

This ^^ 

And if people don't bother to switch the way they search for products (major search engines) they most likely won't be presented competing items from OB.
legendary
June 24, 2015, 04:23:17 PM

It will probably be a long battle.  Ebay and other sites uses google to advertise.  OB will have to become the #1 known market place so people dont even bother with google ads. 
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
June 24, 2015, 04:20:52 PM
legendary
Activity: 1372
--------------->¿?
June 24, 2015, 12:57:35 PM
Will openbazaar run like a website like eBay or will each user need to install a piece of software?

Both. There will be the software and services like this one https://provistor.com/
legendary
June 24, 2015, 09:13:18 AM
The first nail in eBay's coffin.. AWESOME!!!
Can't wait for the day eBay shuts its offices and fires their incompetent employees. I will put extreme efforts into this project to make it a success.

But is there already an open to use version of OpenBazaar ? Never saw any releases, that one can try out. For now it's just vaporware, but i hope it will change soon.

Can't stand anymore to pay +15% to ebay, when selling on their site.

We just have to wait a bit longer for user friendly versions and with that will come a decent market place where people can buy/sell hopefully make a living by trading without fees. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086
June 24, 2015, 05:51:16 AM
Can't wait for the day eBay shuts its offices and fires their incompetent employees. I will put extreme efforts into this project to make it a success.

But is there already an open to use version of OpenBazaar ? Never saw any releases, that one can try out. For now it's just vaporware, but i hope it will change soon.

Can't stand anymore to pay +15% to ebay, when selling on their site.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
June 24, 2015, 05:15:47 AM
As Quoted from above link "OpenBazaar will not adhere to those regulations. OpenBazaar is a protocol and trading platform, not a business and not even an arbitrator. It is up to individuals to comply to local laws and their own consciences."
Regards to the sentence of local laws, I still think that there won't be any freedom for an individual, Government will try to add more regulations if they ascertain that it is against their protocols.
legendary
June 24, 2015, 05:00:06 AM
Subscribing to this thread, really can't wait for openbazaar

Fuck ebay and scampal

+1, as an ebay seller i cant wait.  Already paid out several thousand in fees to ebay over the last year all that money could go to better causes then rich share holders.
legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003
June 24, 2015, 04:57:51 AM
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
June 24, 2015, 04:53:31 AM
I had a quick look on the site and through it's FAQ for the answer to my question but couldn't see an answer.

Are payments always made 100% up front? If so there are going to be scams on the vendor side.

When transactions can be 'released' after a courier tracking service status is set to "delivered", we will have reached a special moment in time.

Anything could be in the tracked box, or the box could be empty, as I have personal knowledge of a Bitmit escrow scammer doing that. IIRC, the documentation said there are 4 payment options that will be in OpenBazaar's stable public release (as opposed to only 1 in beta). Only one of them will be direct payment from buyer to seller, the rest will involve a 3rd party.
Yes. I found the blog last night and was reading about notaries. I was thinking the ideal party to do this could be the courier as that confines the trade to the only three parties who are involved in the exchange. You could argue conflict of interest, but reputation should be pretty important to a professional courier.

The buyer could check the package before he signs. This would be more time consuming for the courier for which he could adjust his prices for.

Will openbazaar run like a website like eBay or will each user need to install a piece of software?
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
June 24, 2015, 01:09:19 AM
Better to use Peter todds op checkverify script for escrow
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
June 23, 2015, 08:08:30 PM
I had a quick look on the site and through it's FAQ for the answer to my question but couldn't see an answer.

Are payments always made 100% up front? If so there are going to be scams on the vendor side.

When transactions can be 'released' after a courier tracking service status is set to "delivered", we will have reached a special moment in time.

Anything could be in the tracked box, or the box could be empty, as I have personal knowledge of a Bitmit escrow scammer doing that. IIRC, the documentation said there are 4 payment options that will be in OpenBazaar's stable public release (as opposed to only 1 in beta). Only one of them will be direct payment from buyer to seller, the rest will involve a 3rd party.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
June 23, 2015, 06:42:09 PM

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
June 23, 2015, 06:04:30 PM
welll this project has all to get and be in the top on the next years and for a long time soo as most of you i hope it gets live soon to be able to sell and buy things for btc without worry
legendary
Activity: 992
June 23, 2015, 04:39:40 PM
Subscribing to this thread, really can't wait for openbazaar

Fuck ebay and scampal
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016
June 23, 2015, 03:43:01 PM
finally i have complete my first purchase Tongue Is very complicated with this notary system. I have try several times to complete an order without a notary but my orders stays forever in "sent" status. Finally i have choose a real notary and i have complete my order a ledger wallet. I have done the payment yesterday and i hope to see it the ledger guy there Tongue to sent my item.

great to hear you've officially used Open Bazaar! you're one of the first customers that I'm aware of making a physical purchase. hope to set up my own store there eventually though it will probably be just digital goods.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
June 23, 2015, 11:37:42 AM
finally i have complete my first purchase Tongue Is very complicated with this notary system. I have try several times to complete an order without a notary but my orders stays forever in "sent" status. Finally i have choose a real notary and i have complete my order a ledger wallet. I have done the payment yesterday and i hope to see it the ledger guy there Tongue to sent my item.

i'm really looking forward to this, is this an used thing i suppose? in the future it would be cool to buy non-used things from shop that will utilize open bazar for their business

No is the official Ledger hardware wallet shop in openbazaar
they have done and another sale before one week i think

https://twitter.com/LedgerHQ/status/610355906421870592

yeah but what i mean is that it should work like ebay were you can buy used and new things, you can choose right(but without the middle man)? how it work exactly

When will it be ready for the public?

they said around october last time i checked
Pages:
Jump to: