Pages:
Author

Topic: [OPEN][EU]CXMining R1: Gridseed LA5U 5-chip Dual Miners 0.39 btc - page 2. (Read 9774 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Prices still the same with bitcoin value dropping?

0.415BTC --- 1 - 7 pcs
0.390BTC -- 8 - 10 pcs

I think the price would have changed now. At this price I would buy 100. :p

Anyway from what I know a I am in the chat group of the seller. They have a lack of stock and they are limited to 1 set of 10 per person. And they have limited stock everyday. These units are hard to get your hands on and they only take reminbi not btc.

Does these units in this groupbuy include the power supply? the gridseed factory sells the unit only. For my 2 sets I had to purchase the controller the usb cables and power supply from tabao. And it's probably better to buy the set including the controller which is an OpenWrt unit. The miners are good and low power but they are prone to crashing. The controller does well resetting the units. Without it you would have to write your own restart scripts in windows or Linux.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Prices still the same with bitcoin value dropping?

0.415BTC --- 1 - 7 pcs
0.390BTC -- 8 - 10 pcs
Activity: 9
I want 2 also!
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
My last group buy was a disaster...

It's been 10 days since you opened this thread. Will there be a group buy or not? I would like 5-8 at that price.

Thanks Smiley
Activity: 1
I'm in for two units.

When do you expect shipping?

Greets
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1004
I'd be interested in two units
Activity: 1
I think there is still a firmware problem, the power consumption is not close to what is announced, in LTC mode.
Can someone confirm is this problem is already corrected?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JKx60zpisk

Activity: 317
Merit: 252
In Rarity I trust!
The manufacture will do the CE mark soon.

awesome news - when do you start selling the USB Sticks? ^^
Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Good news - How are these devices powered?
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I'm Interested - 10 please London UK. Update on CE and I'm a little unclear on power. How are these powered?
Activity: 52
I'm also taking 10 units! Also taking 20, when you need the quantity. Please let me know how to proceed. Shipping to Germany.
copper member
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032
The miner can operate in two modes BTC + LTC hashing or LTC only hashing.
Three modes actually - sha only, scrypt only and dual.

What is 0.39BTC actually paying for?
If used in LTC only mode it can hash at 300kh/s if you are doing BTC (10Gh/s) + LTC then the LTC hash goes down to 60kh/s .
The manufacturer specified each chip should do 1.6GH nominal / 2.25GH peak sha only, 60KH nominal / 70KH peak scrypt only, 500MH sha + 40KH scrypt in dual mode.

This group buy is for 5chip units, you get one of those for 0.415 with the following (original) specification:

- sha only: ~10GH @ 52W
- scrypt only: 300-350KH @ 8W
- dual mode: ~2.5GH sha + ~200KH scrypt @ 60W

Lightningasic also has a firmware which could run the chips at 4-500KH in scrypt only mode, but only a screenshot has been posted yet.

Right this makes more sence to me   Grin  Was not sure about what modes the unit was capable of.

So in the video he was "duel mode" mining hence the 41KHs of scrypt per unit.

This sounds like a good deal for the 5 chip unit, 10 units would be around 4.15 coins and get you 3MHs for only 80w.

Are there any other reviews out there? I understand there has been some shipped out to members here for a review of product.
Activity: 637
I have 2 sets of 10 orbs (each with 5 gridseed chips) that was delivered from China on 26th January and been hashing since then.
Thanks, that was really helpful. Then the manufacturer is giving very rough estimates for power consumption.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I have 2 sets of 10 orbs (each with 5 gridseed chips) that was delivered from China on 26th January and been hashing since then.

At stock speeds of 700mhz in single LTC mode a set of 10 can do about 2.8 MH/s according to the pools. You can't really get much hashing info from the controller or their forked minerd in win/linux. In dual mode I get 2 MH/s and 120 GH/s for btc. I have overclocked mine to 850 after pulling them apart and putting artic cooling on all 5 chips in each orb and firmware update. At the overclocked speed I get about 3.5 MH/s in single LTC mode. In dual I get 2.5 MH/s and 140 GH/s. In single mode according to my killawatt a set of 10 is pulling 120w overclocked and dual 620w. Single LTC mode is really stable but dual keeps freezing a few times a day and require reboot. I only run them in single LTC mode now.

This group buy is for 5chip units, you get one of those for 0.415 with the following (original) specification:

See my post above, the information quoted there is from a message I received today from the manufacturer (gridseed.com). It says 20/25W of power for scrypt mode :

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5096050
Activity: 44
How about customs an CE mark when shipping to EU?
Activity: 46
Three modes actually - sha only, scrypt only and dual.

What is 0.39BTC actually paying for?
If used in LTC only mode it can hash at 300kh/s if you are doing BTC (10Gh/s) + LTC then the LTC hash goes down to 60kh/s .
The manufacturer specified each chip should do 1.6GH nominal / 2.25GH peak sha only, 60KH nominal / 70KH peak scrypt only, 500MH sha + 40KH scrypt in dual mode.

Lightningasic also has a firmware which could run the chips at 4-500KH in scrypt only mode, but only a screenshot has been posted yet.
I am completely confused  Huh (did not take much I know  Roll Eyes )

gridseed.com shows the unit at 60KHs, the youtube video after a few min show's it peek at 41KHs, but the Gridseed GC3355 5 chip shows a 300KHs in LTC, Can someone brake this down for me please? What is 0.39BTC actually paying for?

Also, Is this a LTC only or any scrypt coin? I would do a few units if it works on other coins too.

The device is not obviously tied to LTC, since scrypt is used by most of the clones appeared lately, and when the software connects to the pool it doesn't know for which coin it is hashing.
Activity: 38
When this gb starts I am very interested in buy some if the price is still right for them.
Pages:
Jump to: