Pages:
Author

Topic: Opinion: Why Ripple/XRP Doubled In Value in Less Than A Week - page 3. (Read 10166 times)

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
Ripple as the network and RTXP as a protocol both are incredible pieces of technology... definitely a LOT of value in there.  I'm a Bitcoiner same as the rest of you but I don't know how you guys can look at this with blinders on.  I've read the Ripple whitepapers, used the system and researched the valuation basis in depth.  There is actually something credible here.  It's not Bitcoin, it's a little different, but it will be of tremendous value to the financial system.  I am sure it will beat Bitcoin toward the goal of networking the world's currencies for fast value transfer while still saving money for the little guy.  Ripple has already pulled ahead of Bitcoin in terms of connecting with banks and such.

1) you are no bitcoiner
2) go connect with banks
3) you sound like a whiny bitch "buy ripple please"
4) prostitutes earn a lot of money too. Should everyone be a prostitute now?
5) ripple is BS to speculate on - if you can make use of its services, sweet for you. But buying more than what you personally need (more than 5$ worth) is a very moronic idea.
6) advertising to people to speculate on ripple is unethical bahaviour.

1) Ignorance is bliss
2) You are a retard
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Ripple as the network and RTXP as a protocol both are incredible pieces of technology... definitely a LOT of value in there.  I'm a Bitcoiner same as the rest of you but I don't know how you guys can look at this with blinders on.  I've read the Ripple whitepapers, used the system and researched the valuation basis in depth.  There is actually something credible here.  It's not Bitcoin, it's a little different, but it will be of tremendous value to the financial system.  I am sure it will beat Bitcoin toward the goal of networking the world's currencies for fast value transfer while still saving money for the little guy.  Ripple has already pulled ahead of Bitcoin in terms of connecting with banks and such.

1) you are no bitcoiner
2) go connect with banks
5) ripple is BS to speculate on - if you can make use of its services, sweet for you. But buying more than what you personally need (more than 5$ worth) is a very moronic idea.

Do you realize that Ripple and XRP are separate things?  Please point to where I proposed to buy XRP, because it's clearly not even mentioned.

If you want to talk about Bitcoin, it would be worth almost $0 without the banks. Libertarians could go back to trading amongst themselves off-market but it is otherwise doomed without exchanges and connections to banking infrastructure.

Most of the world's population is not interested in their money value gyrating out of control.  They prefer stability of their national currency and Ripple simply connects points together like Bank A -> Bank B very quickly for these currencies to work together.  Bitcoin can be exchanged too.  Several Bitcoin exchanges are already connected and act as trading gateways.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

1) you are no bitcoiner
2) go connect with banks
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Ripple as the network and RTXP as a protocol both are incredible pieces of technology... definitely a LOT of value in there.  I'm a Bitcoiner same as the rest of you but I don't know how you guys can look at this with blinders on.  I've read the Ripple whitepapers, used the system and researched the valuation basis in depth.  There is actually something credible here.  It's not Bitcoin, it's a little different, but it will be of tremendous value to the financial system.  I am sure it will beat Bitcoin toward the goal of networking the world's currencies for fast value transfer while still saving money for the little guy.  Ripple has already pulled ahead of Bitcoin in terms of connecting with banks and such.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Litecoin Association Director
Here's the problem with a coin that requires mining. It sucks waaay too much capital into shit like miners and electricity. Right now $40 million a month in BTC is mined. If BTC doubles in price, miners will dump their BTC on the market thus putting overhead pressure of tens of millions of dollars so they can spend it on fricking miners!

Sad fact, I know you hit on the truth there. Assume miners make some 10~15% ROI, meaning they just have to dump ~90% of their monthly mining outcome. Bitcoin is constantly bleeding out value, arriving at the pockets of the power supply companys. It is both a true waste of resource and sure death for BTC at the same time.

Don't want to bore with numbers, but 92% of all daily trade volume has been BTC+LTC when I was last looking at them. These both "are crypto" and POW mined. POS coins just don't count by size.

Just that alone does not make Ripple valid.

Interestingly enough, those miners and the electric that is paid for them to operate are exactly what is backing the Bitcoin/Litecoin/Dogecoin/PoW price (much as gold used to back the US dollar).

Yea, and exactly that freak show is what limits trust and broad adoption, as a real currency.
We got to get rid off the miners and PoW. Its a shit concept, attracting all kinds of the wrong people.

BTW RIPPLE is just jumping again, SnapSwap struggles to fill buy orders.

Limits trust and adoption?

I'm sorry, please point me to the Bitcoin board of directors that legislates and determines how bitcoins are distributed?

It may be a shit concept, but better than what ripple has to offer. Again you didnt dispute the fact that ripple essentially has zero backing except for the fact it is backed by mere speculation.
there is no art in creating a central virtual currency like ripple. This could have been done 10 years ago. Ripple is inferior to decentralised crypto. All hype and pump. Tears and drama in the end.
Activity: 759
Merit: 500
I think that protocols like Ripple has bright future in business
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Here's the problem with a coin that requires mining. It sucks waaay too much capital into shit like miners and electricity. Right now $40 million a month in BTC is mined. If BTC doubles in price, miners will dump their BTC on the market thus putting overhead pressure of tens of millions of dollars so they can spend it on fricking miners!

Sad fact, I know you hit on the truth there. Assume miners make some 10~15% ROI, meaning they just have to dump ~90% of their monthly mining outcome. Bitcoin is constantly bleeding out value, arriving at the pockets of the power supply companys. It is both a true waste of resource and sure death for BTC at the same time.

Don't want to bore with numbers, but 92% of all daily trade volume has been BTC+LTC when I was last looking at them. These both "are crypto" and POW mined. POS coins just don't count by size.

Satoshi designed bitcoin that way for a reason. He even said it himself, "The price of a commodity tends to gravitate towards the cost" -- Satoshi Nakamoto. No miners are going to sell at a loss, they will sell at a price that meets the cost, and the demand will seek that price. If there was no mining, there would be no decentralization. Whether Bitcoin be $10, $30, $266, or $1000, doesn't matter the price, every year I hear the same damn remark from some Noob that thinks he understands.

Bitcoin doesn't even compare to the expense of the United States monetary system alone!

Why buy Ripple coin when you can buy USD coin?

It's an endless crusade.
Activity: 584
Merit: 500
Ripple is heavily centralised. It is not the ideal crypto but rather like one of the companies.
They hold big reserves and can manipulate the market at will.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 640
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

Interestingly enough, those miners and the electric that is paid for them to operate are exactly what is backing the Bitcoin/Litecoin/Dogecoin/PoW price (much as gold used to back the US dollar).

Yea, and exactly that freak show is what limits trust and broad adoption, as a real currency.
We got to get rid off the miners and PoW. Its a shit concept, attracting all kinds of the wrong people.

BTW RIPPLE is just jumping again, SnapSwap struggles to fill buy orders.
Activity: 812
Litecoin Association Director

Activity: 2
Merit: 1018
I am new to Ripple discussions so can someone answer these two quick questions please:

1) Why would banks like Ripple/XRP?
2) Why would banks liking it be a good thing?

2) is a good question.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.

Activity: 364
The 4th industrial revolution!

Giving money to blackhat professionals and employees at Ripple is not charity.

Even if Ripple is legit, I wouldn't buy any right now.

Looks like a {Almost} double bottom being formed on 1h chart for BTC/XRP. Just by looking at the price on coinmarketcap, you can see it's already gone parabolic, so it's not really safe to buy at this point, too late. Assuming it's rising under normal market conditions, which I REALLY DOUBT.

One or both the other may happen right now.
1. The house of cards is about to come down, any moment now
2. Bitcoin is going to explode

I am going with number one, and number two.

This

Dump your XRP now or be the bagholder

There is only the pump...
Activity: 434

Looks like a {Almost} double bottom being formed on 1h chart for BTC/XRP. Just by looking at the price on coinmarketcap, you can see it's already gone parabolic, so it's not really safe to buy at this point, too late. Assuming it's rising under normal market conditions, which I REALLY DOUBT.

This

Dump your XRP now or be the bagholder
Activity: 238
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

i think the ripple shills are paid off to spam the forum
legendary
Activity: 1246

A trillion dollar bank just integrated the ripple protocol on top of one of its trading platforms, integrating your precious btc, ltc, and xrp. This has no meaning? Are you that dense? Other trillion dollar banks are experimenting with the ripple protocol. Do you even know what that is? Keep camping in your tents outside wall street, embracing no agenda and claiming it's what we all want.  You have no idea about the tsunami that is about to come. I've never seen such bullish remarks from the flamers flaming in here. I go to sleep with a smile.

Edit: do you even know what a trillion is?

Welcome to cryptoland, where any company that does something different than Bitcoin to make profit is automatically labeled a scam. I've seen it being a bagholder of Urocoin, if it isnt coded by some broke autistic nerd in his underwear with a 0% premine it is automatically viewed with distrust and suspicion.

Personally i've had enough losing my shirt buying into ___ coin that promises to "shake the crypto world up!" and ends up being dumped in a week, if I have to sell my soul and buy into a corporate coin to recover my money and make a profit, so be it. This is what capitalism is about baby, good ideas selling good products.

The problem with banks was never the concept of banking itself, it was putting megabanks in charge of government monetary policy which encourages corruption and crony capitalism, the opposite of a true free market. If it wasn't for your local community banks we'd all be stuffing our money under our mattresses and getting robbed by brigands for our gold pieces on the road like the early middle ages.

fyi I don't own any Ripple but might have to pick some up in the near future. I like my investment to go up, not crash 50% the next day.
Activity: 220
What I like about Ripple is it doesn't require mining. Everyone gets up in arms about this, but in the long run.. who gives a fuck if the founders get rich off it. You know the guy who made insta gram or snap chat or some other BS made a billion + dollars. Do they deserve it more then the guys who created ripple?

Here's the problem with a coin that requires mining. It sucks waaay too much capital into shit like miners and electricity. Right now $40 million a month in BTC is mined. If BTC doubles in price, miners will dump their BTC on the market thus putting overhead pressure of tens of millions of dollars so they can spend it on fricking miners! THE MINER PRODUCERS WIN THIS GAME FOLKS! This is why we've been in a long drawn out downtrend that will continue. Why is no one bitching about the mining companies making hundreds of millions of dollars?

The reward halves, but only every 4 years. That means at these prices.. even if the reward was halved it's still $20/mil a month dumped on market to pay for mining costs. I mean seriously.. bitcoin can not withstand paying that amount over the next 5 years. EVERY MONTH.. and remember if the price rises it means only more money dumped on the market for miners.

How much money needs to be dumped onto the ripple market to pay for miners? NONE... this allows itself to build equity, not let it leak out into the pockets of asic and energy producers.
Activity: 364
The 4th industrial revolution!
I am new to Ripple discussions so can someone answer these two quick questions please:

1) Why would banks like Ripple/XRP?
2) Why would banks liking it be a good thing?

I'd say banks would need something like ripple (NOT XRP) in the near to far future to stay competitive in today's world.  Just think if a bank starts advertising tomorrow on your TV as: If you open an account today, you can send money to Germany, Russia, China, etc for less than a dollar with no maintenance fees.  Although, ripple is pushing for gateways, trying to give the billions of people without banks a way to transfer money around the world the same way without a bank.

Nobody knows where XRP will go as an investment, however, based on econometrics, XRP would go up in value when more liquidity and utility enter the network.
Pages:
Jump to: