Pages:
Author

Topic: Opinion: Why Ripple/XRP Doubled In Value in Less Than A Week - page 7. (Read 10166 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
This is what I meant....Plus some are lurkers on both...

"A majority of the Ripple community does not post on these forums, and so frequently post uder new/low activity accounts when/if they feel compelled to comment (xrptalk.org is their main hub)."

Got it, my bad. I thought you were rallying behind the regular anti-Ripple pogrom led by gen 1 coin investors.

I wish the xrptalk.org community made it out here more often, tends to be a ton of engaging discussion over there + a lot of good people.

Definitely a different tone.
Activity: 364
The 4th industrial revolution!
but
Why did the founder leave Ripple for Stellar?

personal matters?

Every company has its startup problems.

I love how ripple brings out the lurkers with 0 activity. Wink

Ripple Labs employees prominent on these boards:

• misterbigg - activity: 574
  • joelkatz - activity: 1218

I am not arguing that their opinion is more valuable than your own. I am intending to question whether or not account activity is the most meaningful criteria for evaluating posts. A majority of the Ripple community does not post on these forums, and so frequently post under new/low activity accounts when/if they feel compelled to comment (xrptalk.org is their main hub).

Useful links for understanding both Ripple and its recent rise in value:

RL is also hiring, for anyone interested in diving in deep.

This is what I meant....Plus some are lurkers on both...

"A majority of the Ripple community does not post on these forums, and so frequently post uder new/low activity accounts when/if they feel compelled to comment (xrptalk.org is their main hub)."
Activity: 518
lol so funny to read how stupid people can be. just calling ripple is a scam because you believe altcoins are better shows that you will never be a winner.

a real good investor keeps his eyes open for all new things. if it doesnt fit your way of thinking thats ok but that doesnt mean its a scam!

ripple isnt better or worse then altcoins its just another system which focusses on the legal market. most altcoins and btc only are succesfull due to illegal markets and that will be the reason they will never be big. at least not untill they change it to be able to enter regular markets
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
lol ripple bs again  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 2
Merit: 1018

Grin
but

personal matters?

Ripple Labs employees prominent on these boards:

• misterbigg - activity: 574
  • joelkatz - activity: 1218

I am not arguing that their opinion is more valuable than your own. I am intending to question whether or not account activity is the most meaningful criteria for evaluating posts. A majority of the Ripple community does not post on these forums, and so frequently post under new/low activity accounts when/if they feel compelled to comment (xrptalk.org is their main hub).

Useful links for understanding both Ripple and its recent rise in value:

RL is also hiring, for anyone interested in diving in deep.
Activity: 364
The 4th industrial revolution!

personal matters?

Merit: 0

personal matters?

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
Justification - Greed

Unfortunately I think you are right.
Cryptsy is adopting everything that give them volume....

Correct, but their adoption of Ripple is unique in comparison with most alts.

Cryptsy is the first eSpend client to integrate with eSpend's Ripple gateway technology, which has been in development since early 2014. After a successful trial period with eSpend's XRP bridge technology, Cryptsy will enter stage two of the gateway integration. Cryptsy customers will then be able to withdraw their Cryptsy balances to their own Ripple wallets and trade those balances against any other asset being traded on Ripple's open order-book, including USD, EUR, CNY, JPY, XAU, XAG, BTC and more.
[source]

They intend to leverage the protocol/network itself, in addition to providing XRP markets directly on their exchange. Ripple is good tech for serious use.
If I own a lot of graphics cards, doesn't that prove that Ripple is centralized and run by the trilateral commission?

SCAM

Bitcoin don't own 51% of their coins to one or five address

Ripple Labs controls a large share of XRP, no doubt. I learned a lot about Ripple from this interview. It may clear up some things for you.

Ripple Labs is working to identify the best means of XRP distribution. Key criteria: distribute XRP in a way that adds value to the network. I, personally, do not see subsidizing graphics card and ASIC manufacturers as an effective means of adding value to the network---but I cannot speak for Ripple Labs. Distribution is a difficult challenge. In the words of JoelKatz (RL team member):

You can't distribute value until you create it.

Ripple is the antithesis of the regular cryptocurrency hype strategy. It is all about real world value.

If you are interested in creating a startup - try reaching out to the RL funded CrossCoin Ventures. CrossCoin provides funding for new businesses and technologies interested in leveraging Ripple. CoinIst and LibraTax are great examples.

Bitcoin vs. Ripple is a tired and dead line of thinking. Ripple is complementary to Bitcoin and alts. BTC markets on Ripple (click through via the BTC/XRP chart) account for a huge portion of daily volume. Ripple is great for transfer of currency between exchanges, banks, and other money services. Cryptsy is adopting Ripple for a damn good reason.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Ripple is a scam, just on a professional level - if played out well, it might even win the short-mid term.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 640
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
Most of the fudsters here don't even comprehend how it really works.
Stupid loudmouths, look and learn something.
RIPPLE is an example in crypto, of how to do everything right.
If I own a lot of graphics cards, doesn't that prove that Ripple is centralized and run by the trilateral commission?

SCAM
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Quote from: misterbigg
anyone with a new idea that doesn't fit the "decentralization" narrative perfectly is going to get a lot of flames. Being closed-minded is the default position towards anything new.

Isn't that the point of why we're all here? Isn't that the point of why Bitcoin was made? What sense are you making?
legendary
Activity: 1064
they use the same centralized Banking model which let us in this chaos we are in right now.

No. The centralized banking model is to use government's threat of violence to force everyone into using a currency and pay taxes in it. In Ripple, you have complete freedom of which currencies to use.
legendary
Is it true that CEO Chris Larsen feeds kittens to a ball python in his office, for amusement, while wearing a suit made from the skin of Satoshi Yakamoto?

I can't really speak to the activities taking place in the office since I work remotely but that could explain the shed snake skins in the storage room!
legendary
Ripple is a failure. Pure and Simple. Ripple is exactly the thing We Don't Want In Cryptocurrencies.

Quote from: misterbigg
anyone with a new idea that doesn't fit the "decentralization" narrative perfectly is going to get a lot of flames. Being closed-minded is the default position towards anything new.
Pages:
Jump to: