Pages:
Author

Topic: Opting out of Social Security - page 6. (Read 7319 times)

Activity: 457
Merit: 291
May 23, 2012, 06:36:11 PM
If anyone could opt out, everyone would. It's mandatory because we all know it's just  a Ponzi scheme.

GET BACK TO WORK, SLAVES!

Couldn't have said it better.
Activity: 950
Merit: 1001
May 23, 2012, 05:10:54 PM
If anyone could opt out, everyone would. It's mandatory because we all know it's just  a Ponzi scheme.

ah... The Amish do not contribute to Social Security, nor Obama Care, nor Mortgage Insurance, nor etc...

But they also don't partake of any benefits of Social Security.

Correct, I saw that in ribuck's post. That's why I said "anyone", not "someone".
donator
Activity: 826
Merit: 1060
May 23, 2012, 04:37:48 PM
Believe it or not, anyone can opt out of social security...

http://sedm.org/Forms/AvoidingFranch/SSTrustIndenture.pdf

By following those complex instructions anyone can opt out, however neither employers nor the government will recognise the opt-out. Good luck trying though.

From page 6 of that document:

Question: What has been the result(s) of those that have submitted a RESIGNATION to date?

Answer: We don't maintain statistics. It's too burdensome and we aren't staffed to do this. Furthermore, it's irrelevant ... It’s none of our business and is completely irrelevant to getting the job done. We’re not going to provide excuses to help you avoid doing what God’s Law requires ... If you are looking for excuses NOT to do the right thing, then you are on the wrong website and ought to return to your government cage on the federal plantation and be a good little slave. Furthermore ... no matter what we said, our Disclaimer says you can’t believe anything we say anyway, so why even ask questions like this?
Hahahah, at least their heart's in the right place with the "return to your cage" bit.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
May 23, 2012, 12:53:49 PM
Believe it or not, anyone can opt out of social security. By the nature of the exemption the instructions have a religious lean, don't let that off put you, the info is solid. Before doing this make sure you understand the full ramifications of opting out.

http://sedm.org/Forms/AvoidingFranch/SSTrustIndenture.pdf
vip
Activity: 490
Merit: 271
May 23, 2012, 12:28:46 PM

ah... The Amish do not contribute to Social Security, nor Obama Care, nor Mortgage Insurance, nor etc...

But they also don't partake of any benefits of Social Security.
Activity: 950
Merit: 1001
May 23, 2012, 12:26:52 PM

donator
Activity: 826
Merit: 1060
May 23, 2012, 11:51:59 AM
Did you know that the Amish are exempted from paying Social Security? The basis for this is that they look after their own, and the history of how they fought against having to pay Social Security is quite interesting.

The current law exempts any sect who conscientiously object to the principle of compulsory insurance, provided that sect has existed since December 31 1950. So I doubt the "Bitcoin Sect" will have much luck.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
May 23, 2012, 11:42:45 AM
Why don't you just keep paying it so that those not as fortunate as you will have a little bit of something when they can no longer work?

Do you know the basic principle of insurance? Some people mistakenly believe it's so that over time, the amount of insurance premiums you pay will on average equal the amount you might need to cover that rare accident you have. But that's not right. It's so that the few (we don't know who they will be) will be able to deal with that $100,000 claim. It might be you one day.

When you're twenty, nobody knows where you'll be when you're 70. If you're wealthy, great. If not, then at least you'll have a little something from social security.

Do you know how to smooth your equity curve from investing? The method is called diversification. It might be diversification into different assets, or diversification of different investing strategies. The point is to smooth the equity curve, which reduces risk. Social security is a smoothing function, applied in aggregate, to the country's citizens' retirement income.

You may not know this (I suspect you don't), but if there were enough individuals like you who could opt out of social security, then there would probably be a lot of economic problems revolving around the older generation. Actually, I don't just suspect you don't know that. It's blatantly obvious from your post that you don't.

You obviously don't have a clue about the US social security system. First of all it is already paying out more than is coming in since 2010. Second, by the time he retires THERE WILL BE NOTHING LEFT FOR ANYONE. Additionally they are already talking about taking not just public, but PRIVATE retirement pensions to help pay for "austerity measures". The US government uses social security money as if they own it. They use it to fund other government projects, and to feed their thief crony buddies retiree's money. He worked hard for his pay, he should get to keep every penny if he wants instead of paying it to some bloated bureaucracy infested by fascists and parasites.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
May 22, 2012, 03:10:42 PM
Why don't you just keep paying it so that those not as fortunate as you will have a little bit of something when they can no longer work?

Do you know the basic principle of insurance? Some people mistakenly believe it's so that over time, the amount of insurance premiums you pay will on average equal the amount you might need to cover that rare accident you have. But that's not right. It's so that the few (we don't know who they will be) will be able to deal with that $100,000 claim. It might be you one day.

When you're twenty, nobody knows where you'll be when you're 70. If you're wealthy, great. If not, then at least you'll have a little something from social security.

Do you know how to smooth your equity curve from investing? The method is called diversification. It might be diversification into different assets, or diversification of different investing strategies. The point is to smooth the equity curve, which reduces risk. Social security is a smoothing function, applied in aggregate, to the country's citizens' retirement income.

You may not know this (I suspect you don't), but if there were enough individuals like you who could opt out of social security, then there would probably be a lot of economic problems revolving around the older generation. Actually, I don't just suspect you don't know that. It's blatantly obvious from your post that you don't.
Activity: 298
Merit: 252
May 20, 2012, 02:40:50 PM
I get a lot of income from overseas, and as much I think I should be allowed to Opt-Out of Social Security and receive a return of all I have paid in, even if it's a rollover to a Roth IRA of my choice. It's my cash and I hate it that the Government gets to force me to invest in Social Security, I should have the choice.

Sign this petition, let's see if it works:
https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/!/petition/allow-citizens-opt-out-social-security-taxes-and-return-them-all-money-paid-upon-opt-out/KLcN0850
Pages:
Jump to: