Pages:
Author

Topic: ORA:: Logo submission & discussion thread - page 3. (Read 26215 times)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10
September 11, 2014, 03:49:14 AM

So here is a question to gvans:
How about giving us a few bigger versions of your design, in multicolour?
Maybe try figroll's colours, just to compare.

Ok, not to make things any easier here's some more variations for you Wink

I think I like your prison bar variation, plain black and white, the best of all of your colour schemes so far.  The reason I like it is it is the one that most looks like a starfish.  The moire effect at the starfish arm ends causes the eye to make the ends more rounded and gives some boundary to the illusion.  It helps the human eye "complete" the figure.  BTW, the moire effect could effectively work in solid colour bars too, so it isn't limited in that respect.  Well done!

kind regards,
nio
Activity: 771
Merit: 283
September 11, 2014, 03:44:42 AM
Number 5 gets my vote Smiley

Number 5 gets my vote to.
September 11, 2014, 03:42:56 AM
I vote for no.3

I would just like to agree with what Mac Red wrote with regards to judging designs just by color(s)

My point is this, would you pick my design if it was this.

Probably not, as it looks boring and dull.

I think if we keep trying to judge individual designs on the basis of numerous color combinations/variations and image manipulations we could still be discussing into the New Year.

Here is just a few examples of ways I can change my chosen image.

The above examples are purely for reference and should not be included in the voting process.

Anyway whatever the outcome, it has been a very worthwhile learning experience for me.

figroll

Figroll, I think the greyscale logo is as beautiful as the colour logo.  No need to contort the design - it's already very, very good!

kind regards,
nio
September 11, 2014, 03:40:05 AM
Number 5

I'm going with the same, #5.
legendary
Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000
September 11, 2014, 01:04:47 AM
I dont see how gvans submission can function as a logo as it relies on the background and its color and is entrapped within a box. It looks more like an avatar without a border.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
September 11, 2014, 12:18:16 AM
As a lucky stakeholder (thanks much), I vote for #5
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
September 10, 2014, 08:09:37 PM
I vote number 1.

Still like a lot a couple of others too but now I feel this one gives the most possibilities in different scales, works also black&white, colour variations, and even the average-joe could draw it on paper Smiley Best of luck for all designs and Ora!

My vote goes for this one, looks cool
Activity: 140
September 10, 2014, 07:27:57 PM
Excellent, the 'heavy weights' are voting!  Cheesy
Waiting for kussaka...

figroll, Thank you for the interesting variations. You may want to keep those for the distinct possibility that your design is the 'one'.

It has been an interesting and educational process, for me too.

Pentamon
Activity: 73
September 10, 2014, 07:09:38 PM
I vote for no.3

I would just like to agree with what Mac Red wrote with regards to judging designs just by color(s)

My point is this, would you pick my design if it was this.

Probably not, as it looks boring and dull.

I think if we keep trying to judge individual designs on the basis of numerous color combinations/variations and image manipulations we could still be discussing into the New Year.

Here is just a few examples of ways I can change my chosen image.

The above examples are purely for reference and should not be included in the voting process.

Anyway whatever the outcome, it has been a very worthwhile learning experience for me.

figroll
Activity: 108
September 10, 2014, 05:41:47 PM
Number 5 gets my vote Smiley

Activity: 281
September 10, 2014, 10:15:50 AM
I vote number 1.

Still like a lot a couple of others too but now I feel this one gives the most possibilities in different scales, works also black&white, colour variations, and even the average-joe could draw it on paper Smiley Best of luck for all designs and Ora!
Activity: 308
September 09, 2014, 11:30:14 PM

Number 1 .

the other fill color seems better.
crz
Activity: 116
September 09, 2014, 03:39:23 PM
I vote: 2
legendary
Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000
September 09, 2014, 03:30:20 PM
I vote #3
September 09, 2014, 02:17:27 PM

Thank you gvans, I am not supposed to show favouritism, but I really like the possibilities in this logo.

Pentamon.
Activity: 299
Merit: 252
September 09, 2014, 12:43:54 PM
Beautiful designs, great work!
Activity: 281
September 09, 2014, 12:31:08 PM

September 09, 2014, 11:55:40 AM
Good points, Mac Red.
I agree that all of these designs are potential winners.

We are approaching 30 votes, similarly to the first vote, and we still have most of the week left. I am hopeful that we will get more input.

Pentamon
Activity: 299
Merit: 252
September 09, 2014, 11:43:07 AM
Looks really nice in green gvans. Cool

It's not easy (perhaps impossible?) not to take a logo's presented color(s) into account when judging it.
Color's very important. It can communicate many different things. A vibrant logo will also stand out more (just think about logo bombing as an example). figroll's logo is eye candy in that sense and this is likely what most people see when they look at it. Kussaka's logo's arguably easier to digest in grayscale since it's sharper and less "cluttered". However I'd have personally posted that one in color as well. I do believe it'd recieve more votes. But we have to draw the line somewhere as well. If we're going to think deeply about this you could argue kussaka's logo as currently presented actually has an "advantage" of being able to see how it looks with "ORA" next to it. This was removed from frigroll's design (it came with many different text color variations). It was good to remove the text IMO because it let us concentrate and vote on 1 variation only. In fact one could argue #1 and #5 is the same logo once the text's removed, but we're still collecting votes for both "variations".

Not saying we should change anything, just that it's a bit complicated. I think the most important thing we can do right now is to simply follow the system we've set up. Like Darkhorse said, every logo here is great so whichever wins I'll be happy.
September 09, 2014, 10:26:45 AM
I realize I missed the start of this second round and my proposal is now presented as it was in my original post:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8124364

However if you allow me I'd like to remind there are options for different and more calm colour variations which goes naturally with all the proposals here

I am trying to be impartial, yet I would like to emphasize what gvans says here.
I see the effect of color in the choices that people make during the voting.

For example: kussaka's final version that he presented has the very subdued grey and is getting not as many in the second round,

whereas the very same design in the first round in another color, got more votes:

I think, this is due to the effect of color.

I also think that the good votes that figroll's design is getting, is greatly to due to the buoyant colours.

I am thinking of the small multicoloured versions that you posted in the original post:

Maybe some of us will realize that design that can change it's colours like a chameleon has an advantage over one that is cast into it's colours?

Bottom line: think of the design separate from the colour, when you vote.

Pentamon

Pages:
Jump to: