Pages:
Author

Topic: ORA:: Logo submission & discussion thread - page 7. (Read 26215 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
time to vote....
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Deadline for voting on the logos. 31 August 2014!

Please remember to vote today, the designers have come up with some truly wonderful Logos!

Thanks to EVERYONE who participated, and thanks to Pentamon for organising things too Smiley

ORA will have a beautiful Logo, no doubt about that!
Activity: 252
Every submission will be appreciated for your efforts. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that has put their effort in the designs. You will be appreciated.
3x2
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004
I like that

my vote is for this one too
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
My vote

Extremely difficult to pick just three as all designs have been exceptional.
Activity: 281
my vote:

figroll contemporary design, it has movement in it and it is fresh

gvans square design, trying to be as objective as I can

original maximuss' original "ora key" design has cool retro attitude

There were a couple other very solid professional designs, not too easy to pick only three.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
My vote:

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005
I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!
Ok, my votes:

Number1

Number2

Number3 (just without "coin")
Activity: 282
Lots of good submissions. Nice job to everybody.
Activity: 282
My Vote

1)

2)

3)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Thank you, gvans, you point out something that has tugged at my mind for a while: What is, strictly speaking, a logo?  Just a glyph, or could it be a few letters, or even a font?  And with that: are we looking for a logo, or the bigger picture, a clearly identifiable identity?  How important is the recognition at the 'artificial' 16x16 pixel level on Coincap and exchanges?

It is also true that a bigger surface has that certain 'wow' factor. Look at the M.C. Escher-like pattern that kussaka's basic hexagon makes. I feel like looking into a beehive, or a fragment of the order that Ora radiates. (or could radiate)

How do you think - should we exclude all those designs that do not meet the strict criteria?
Or should we just encourage people to think of a simple, stand-alone design?

My personal approach is to let all designs stand as they are, but to definitely consider simplicity during voting.
Easy recognizable, is good.
Simple is good.
Full of meaning, is good.

Pentamon
Activity: 252
I'd like to emphasize once more the essence of the logo. It has to function on it's own without supporting graphics. I don't intent to undermine the great designs done for additional graphics here, but just to remind you not to be blinded and dazzled by them too much

this is not a logo:

this is a logo:

this is not a logo:

this is a logo:

this is not a logo:

this barely might be:

but actually this is the version of this design that really does work in small scale too:

etc.etc.

Again, they all look great, with and without additional graphics and I like them all, but just something to think about when choosing the final one.

You are correct.
I'd like to emphasize once more the essence of the logo. It has to function on it's own without supporting graphics. I don't intent to undermine the great designs done for additional graphics here, but just to remind you not to be blinded and dazzled by them too much

this is not a logo:

this is a logo:

this is not a logo:

this is a logo:

this is not a logo:

this barely might be:

but actually this is the version of this design that really does work in small scale too:

etc.etc.

Again, they all look great, with and without additional graphics and I like them all, but just something to think about when choosing the final one.
Wow, losts of new stuff here. Good new stuff.

I will just get quickly back to the combined proposal where my square starfish version was used. If there will be further development with that starfish+ ora-key combination I would suggest using the rectangular starfish as negative like this

as the original idea of the square logo was to have infinite lenght fir the legs of the fish (blenfing to background), so should the starfish blend to the key rather that be just a picture laid on top of the key.

However the key is at it's best in it's original form in my opinion with pure "transformers" style, hard angles etc, whereas my starfish is softer with free arches and does not really meet the formal language of the key itself.
Pages:
Jump to: