Pages:
Author

Topic: ORA:: Logo submission & discussion thread - page 5. (Read 26215 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
September 05, 2014, 05:42:33 PM
I vote number 1. Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 2413
Merit: 1003
September 05, 2014, 05:33:31 PM
my vote

Ora-key by maximuss:
Number 4

Activity: 283
Merit: 101
September 05, 2014, 04:48:40 PM
I vote #5
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
September 05, 2014, 03:39:36 PM
I vote for no.5

Activity: 368
September 05, 2014, 03:36:45 PM
My vote is for #2.  In my opinion it is the sleekest and most professional. 
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
September 05, 2014, 02:55:50 PM
yes vote for number # 3
seems much colour than the other . and more bright future !  Grin
Activity: 299
Merit: 252
September 05, 2014, 02:40:58 PM
I vote #3

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
September 05, 2014, 02:22:43 PM
 I hope we have a clear winner this time , my final vote for the logo :-

Number 3

Activity: 140
September 05, 2014, 12:29:25 PM
I will start the second round voting.

Here is my vote:

Number 1

Ok, I know some of us might get tired of this voting, but this is the last round.
Go for it, guys and girls!

Pentamon
September 05, 2014, 12:27:17 PM
Ora logo - second and final voting round!

Endpoints: 50 votes, or one week only: final day is 14 August 2014

Voting mechanism: Choose only one design.  Post your choice in this thread.

Just give the number, if you find that easier:

Choices:
Colors can still change. Designs listed chronologically.

Infinite Ora Starfish by gvans:
Number 1

Ora structure by kussaka:
Number 2

Fresh, colorful Ora by figroll:
Number 3

Ora-key by maximuss:
Number 4

Ora-key by kussaka and maximuss:
Number 5

Please vote by picking only ONE number!

Pentamon
Activity: 308
September 05, 2014, 07:34:47 AM
I guess it should really be left up to the designers to work out, but I dont think anyone should be punished for submitting slight changes to their original design after suggestions from others and thereby diluting their vote. Frankly I think the top 3 designers submit a final design each and we vote on that. It can only improve the final product. I would also recommend that all 3 get a similar bounty regardless of the outcome.

thank you, fragout,
To me this is a reasonable approach.

Here is what I would like to do, if we all agree:
Let us ask the top four (suggestion by kussaka) designers and ask for one single submission. It does not need to be altered, but we need only one submission per designer.
I can let kussaka, figroll and maximuss know which ones of their variations got the most nods.
Remember that the colours can always be changed afterwards.

This time we limit it to only have one choice per vote.
I would like to keep the same weighted preference towards the vote of of the designers that submitted before: they make out 2/3rd of the vote.

Time line: I would like to wrap it up in one week, we have taken already a month  Wink

Pentamon

This is a good solution, I like it!
Activity: 434
🤖UBEX.COM 🤖
September 05, 2014, 04:52:26 AM
My vote.

September 04, 2014, 10:46:40 PM
The Ora Key

edit: And also set a target, say 100 votes or 1 week due date, whichever earlier.

September 04, 2014, 10:07:36 PM
@ Pentamon,

Seems like a re-voting is inevitable so let's get this done, we cant spend too much time on this.

1. Get the confirmation from designers asap on their logos.

2. Post the images in the main thread with proper numbering. There is 5 or maybe 4 (i would like to see the option of maximus-kussaka too) Let the readers post their votes in the BTT  main thread by stating only 1 vote. No need 3 this time.

3. For the Maximus-Kussaka design, need to have an agreement who gets the reward or is it 50-50 if that logo gets selected.

4. Timeline should be max 1 week.

Yes, DarkhorseofNxt, we should get it done.
I like your idea of doing the final vote on the main Ora thread.
I take it you think there is more activity?

Which one is the one you call maximuss-kussaka design?
I find it always better to show the actual image, but some people may vote better by a number, you are right.

Pentamon
September 04, 2014, 09:48:13 PM
@ Pentamon,

Seems like a re-voting is inevitable so let's get this done, we cant spend too much time on this.

1. Get the confirmation from designers asap on their logos.

2. Post the images in the main thread with proper numbering. There is 5 or maybe 4 (i would like to see the option of maximus-kussaka too) Let the readers post their votes in the BTT  main thread by stating only 1 vote. No need 3 this time.

3. For the Maximus-Kussaka design, need to have an agreement who gets the reward or is it 50-50 if that logo gets selected.

4. Timeline should be max 1 week.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
September 04, 2014, 09:07:42 PM
this is my vote

this one looks good.
September 04, 2014, 02:52:42 PM

Hello kussaka, gvans, figroll and maximuss,

In case you have missed the voting outcome on the Ora logo, I am asking if you four are willing to submit one design each for the final vote?
Please do so in the thread.

The justifications for this final voting run are written in the thread.

I hope to conclude this process in one week.

If, for some reason, one of you does not respond, I will just take the most successful version of your submissions :

gvans:
44 points:

kussaka:
this 'family' got 41 points:

however this group got 68 points, and was more successful:

figroll:
all your 'spinaker balloon' designs got 55 points lumped together, with 30 points going to this initial submission:

maximuss: total 32 points, with 21 points going to:

You can see all the relevant information in these two places:
http://prezi.com/zk-cuegzir2_/logo-for-ora/
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fqZOFOb-F-_XFXctVaO4NsReSYnu8yeJTxVYqe4gNrQ/edit#gid=1249974197

Thank you again for a very excellent process.

Pentamon
September 04, 2014, 02:12:00 PM
I guess it should really be left up to the designers to work out, but I dont think anyone should be punished for submitting slight changes to their original design after suggestions from others and thereby diluting their vote. Frankly I think the top 3 designers submit a final design each and we vote on that. It can only improve the final product. I would also recommend that all 3 get a similar bounty regardless of the outcome.

thank you, fragout,
To me this is a reasonable approach.

Here is what I would like to do, if we all agree:
Let us ask the top four (suggestion by kussaka) designers and ask for one single submission. It does not need to be altered, but we need only one submission per designer.
I can let kussaka, figroll and maximuss know which ones of their variations got the most nods.
Remember that the colours can always be changed afterwards.

This time we limit it to only have one choice per vote.
I would like to keep the same weighted preference towards the vote of of the designers that submitted before: they make out 2/3rd of the vote.

Time line: I would like to wrap it up in one week, we have taken already a month  Wink

Pentamon
legendary
Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018
September 04, 2014, 12:54:10 PM
September 04, 2014, 11:15:25 AM
I agree If you choose logo by Gvans! His logo deserves to be the winner. And this logo will always be important to look and will not annoy you over time - because it is simple and elegant, well proportioned. In general, the idea of ora-starfish looks more unique and interesting than ora-key. I was initially attracted to the idea-starfish for a logo. Good form and content.

Anyway I think is better to choose individual logo primarily, not on the general points of the designer, because that again can be confusing due to the combined logo, by which I have typed a lot of points.
This logo  - in fact it is the logo of Maximus: main idea Ora-key and the main shape/font -  by Maximus.  I changed the letter O only, so that can be attach wallpaper with hexagons that many liked. If this logo would have won  - it would be more correct to consider the winner of Maximus, I think.

If this is the general consensus it's what we should do (announce gvans's starfish logo as the winner). Everybody who wants to have a say in this should speak up now.

I vote to announce gvans's starfish logo as the winner.

It does not matter who wins. All 4 are nice logo that symbolizes something. We need to make sure our counting mechanism is fair and correct. That's all.
Pages:
Jump to: