Pages:
Author

Topic: panic selling - page 27. (Read 111179 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 251
HELENA
November 24, 2017, 03:16:30 AM
What if somebody will make a huge dump and sell it all the way to earn some profits because of this rally in bitcoin,and someone sees it and do that same thing. Is there any effect on bitcoin when someone to this,?

Well, it can also happen but in trading you need to monitor your investment and make a decision quickly when there is a huge dump that is happening in the market.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
November 24, 2017, 03:00:39 AM
As for my own analogy only weak people would take losses, If you are strong enough why would you worry if the price dumps
I depends, there are times that you will accept losses rather than keep holding on a coin that will not recover in the next 2 weeks or more while there are other coins that is performing well and will give you profit in a hours or days holding.

Panic selling is actually a mistake that traders often make and I've done it too but will make big losses so better be patient and wait for the price back.
Lets say NEO priced at 0.0052BTC two days ago and all of a sudden you witnessed right before your eyes NEO dumping slowly and settled at 0.0042BTC, whats your initial reaction? Its hard to stay calm believe me specially if you are loosing hundreds of dollars every hour and you keep on saying to your self don't panic, it will recover. But again, the only way to recover losses in trading is hodling even if it takes more than a week or two or longer or sell then buy something else that will help you recover your losses.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
November 23, 2017, 11:49:47 PM
What if somebody will make a huge dump and sell it all the way to earn some profits because of this rally in bitcoin,and someone sees it and do that same thing. Is there any effect on bitcoin when someone to this,?

Panic selling is actually a mistake that traders often make and I've done it too but will make big losses so better be patient and wait for the price back.
Activity: 166
Merit: 10
November 23, 2017, 11:49:38 PM
As for my own analogy only weak people would take losses, If you are strong enough why would you worry if the price dumps
Activity: 1470
Merit: 504
November 23, 2017, 11:43:21 PM
Of course panic sell it is psychological effect, but always is starting from mathemathic/statistic calculations or some extremely bad news for the project.

In my opinion the real price of Bitcoin is much lower than what we see on the market today, and the panic sell for Bitcoin is very real.
Psychological effect. with so many issues and drastic price drop. Many people take this action, and this is real.
Although from what I see, this is part of the market action to correction the price and restock the supply.
When you have no enough information about bitcoin you can easily panic and you will sell with a loss.
I would say it's not good because we are here to make money that is why we invested, we need to improve our knowledge as that is the only way to succeed here. Panic selling will create opportunity for smart people because they'll buy cheap.

Yes people who are new to bitcoins and don't have enough knowledge about it will easily get panic and will start selling their coins when price starts going lower and in that case big whales will take an opportunity to buy it at cheaper price so even if you are new to crypto world one thing you always have to keep in mind is that holding bitcoins longer will always be profitable.
Activity: 392
November 23, 2017, 11:41:25 PM
The value of btc will drop if this happens like a regular stock market crash

It always will and it always rise back. That's always the scenario of bitcoin's market price since it was launched. But now, it reaches new high at 8000K+ USD and those who pushed the panic button and sold their tokens already are planning to ride on the bandwagon again as bitcoin has its market value continuously rising.
Activity: 212
ASK ME FOR LOANS
November 23, 2017, 11:14:32 PM

It is a known strategy used by the whales to cash in their profit. Sell at a high price when the prices dip buy again and rally the price.

As normal investors, we can't do that but we can try to follow them to make some profit as well.
Activity: 237
November 23, 2017, 11:08:26 PM

It is a known strategy used by the whales to cash in their profit. Sell at a high price when the prices dip buy again and rally the price.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 529
Student Coin
November 23, 2017, 03:05:46 AM
Of course panic sell it is psychological effect, but always is starting from mathemathic/statistic calculations or some extremely bad news for the project.

In my opinion the real price of Bitcoin is much lower than what we see on the market today, and the panic sell for Bitcoin is very real.
Psychological effect. with so many issues and drastic price drop. Many people take this action, and this is real.
Although from what I see, this is part of the market action to correction the price and restock the supply.
When you have no enough information about bitcoin you can easily panic and you will sell with a loss.
I would say it's not good because we are here to make money that is why we invested, we need to improve our knowledge as that is the only way to succeed here. Panic selling will create opportunity for smart people because they'll buy cheap.
Activity: 168
Merit: 101
November 21, 2017, 09:56:05 AM
bitcoin prices fly high to the moon, may be affected year-end. well, buying bitcoin now would be a good thing. most likely the bitcoin price will rise again. and of course pass the $ 8500 price in the near future. but, in addition, many people are afraid of the dump of bitcoin prices, so many people are selling panickedly. but, for the time being, it has not been too self-conscious.
Panic selling or in other aspect has nothing to do with our life, the successful person patiently wait for their right time to be rich or to earn, if we are afraid to hold our bitcoin for long and easy to sell just because the price goes down which is normal in any trading, then, nothing would happen in our life.
Activity: 406
November 21, 2017, 09:46:02 AM

Activity: 140
Merit: 15
November 21, 2017, 09:30:03 AM
bitcoin prices fly high to the moon, may be affected year-end. well, buying bitcoin now would be a good thing. most likely the bitcoin price will rise again. and of course pass the $ 8500 price in the near future. but, in addition, many people are afraid of the dump of bitcoin prices, so many people are selling panickedly. but, for the time being, it has not been too self-conscious.
whales have enough buying power to make the price go up again, unless stop loss orders getting activated after each other making the price tank heavily. it happened once at btc-e when some one dumped around 10,000 coins at once with a flash crash as result. those that had open buy orders at very low price levels made themselves a good amount of profit in a matter of seconds as the price climbed back up directly.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 252
November 21, 2017, 09:08:24 AM
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
November 21, 2017, 08:46:09 AM

sure. Most Bitcoin owners today think about Bitcoin not as a payment tool, but as a way to invest money and get income. For them main and only thing what Bitcoin have to do is growing. Price of Bitcoin must grow. If not - they will sell it. At the moment they start sell it, the price goes down and that activates panic sell. More people sell it - lower goes the price.

Well i think there are less bitcoin holders right now that have that kind of mentality. If you've been in bitcoin for a year or so, experience would tell you that every dip is followed by a bullish comeback. People are realizing that you lose much more money needlessly if you panic.
Activity: 124
November 20, 2017, 06:45:38 PM

sure. Most Bitcoin owners today think about Bitcoin not as a payment tool, but as a way to invest money and get income. For them main and only thing what Bitcoin have to do is growing. Price of Bitcoin must grow. If not - they will sell it. At the moment they start sell it, the price goes down and that activates panic sell. More people sell it - lower goes the price.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 260
November 20, 2017, 01:40:28 PM

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
November 20, 2017, 01:33:15 PM
Panic selling does not last for too many days, after a certain period the price goes back up. You should never panic sell any of your cryptos. Bitcoin won't just drop dead due to some people panic selling.
not always but that is true most of the times it is just part of the trading game , the whales rule everything in the market. they take a big risk to do that but of course a long with the potential of huge profit ahead.

learn from what you have experienced and waiting the price to recover instead sell in panic always be a good choice.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 121
November 20, 2017, 01:31:56 PM
Panic selling is also one of the most common problems in this type of industry. The idea of behind panic selling is quite good and bad in a way. Good since it's a sort of prevention, Preventing further loses in the future. Bad in a way that if you sold your coins due to a new/s that are spreading in regards the major dump, fork and etc. this does only losing the opportunity but also you are losing your money. Panic Selling is really not advisable to do in this type of industry, We all know how volatile this Bitcoin is but Bitcoin does regain its composure after a drop. It's better to be equipped with proper information to support a life and death decision. One wrong move then it's over.
Yeah it is the best and the most important lesson to teach if the person will teach the bitcoin and the bitcoin will be the more famous so it is not good to sell the bitcoin at the panic because the price will increase more. It is the new age and the bitcoin user are trying the hard or make the high profit in the bitcoin it is the best time and the place to invest in the bitcoin and buy more bitcoin till the price of the bitcoin will be high.
Panic selling cant really be avoided because in any new people who do engage on bitcoin newbies do usually panic when they do saw price decrease times.Even no matter how hard we do say to them about on not to panic sell then most of them will do which is normal but don't worry they will surely took lesson on those moves that they do made when they saw up that price of bitcoin did recover its price or even go higher.Just like on my newbie days those decisions aren't good but somehow it molded me up as a better bitcoin holder or investor.

wow... I am just thinking in my own head that the price has gone that high to dump and make some profits at this time. We see the price getting higher and higher. I am just thinking though. Grin
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
November 20, 2017, 01:23:05 PM
Panic selling is also one of the most common problems in this type of industry. The idea of behind panic selling is quite good and bad in a way. Good since it's a sort of prevention, Preventing further loses in the future. Bad in a way that if you sold your coins due to a new/s that are spreading in regards the major dump, fork and etc. this does only losing the opportunity but also you are losing your money. Panic Selling is really not advisable to do in this type of industry, We all know how volatile this Bitcoin is but Bitcoin does regain its composure after a drop. It's better to be equipped with proper information to support a life and death decision. One wrong move then it's over.
Yeah it is the best and the most important lesson to teach if the person will teach the bitcoin and the bitcoin will be the more famous so it is not good to sell the bitcoin at the panic because the price will increase more. It is the new age and the bitcoin user are trying the hard or make the high profit in the bitcoin it is the best time and the place to invest in the bitcoin and buy more bitcoin till the price of the bitcoin will be high.
Panic selling cant really be avoided because in any new people who do engage on bitcoin newbies do usually panic when they do saw price decrease times.Even no matter how hard we do say to them about on not to panic sell then most of them will do which is normal but don't worry they will surely took lesson on those moves that they do made when they saw up that price of bitcoin did recover its price or even go higher.Just like on my newbie days those decisions aren't good but somehow it molded me up as a better bitcoin holder or investor.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016
November 20, 2017, 01:22:10 PM
If my predictions are correct, we will be able to watch similar panic sell to that from December 2013.
Today we have much more HODLers so it wont be so strong, but in my opinion it can happen before we reach $10k.
So stay tuned guys!
Pages:
Jump to: